List of open-source hardware projects
This list of open-source hardware projects includes computer systems and components, cameras, radio, telephony, science education, machines and tools, robotics, renewable energy, home automation, medical and biotech, automotive, prototyping, test equipment, and musical instruments.
- 1 Amateur radio
- 2 Audio electronics
- 3 Automotive
- 4 Cameras
- 5 Computer systems
- 6 Drones
- 7 Electronics
- 8 Environmental
- 9 Lighting
- 10 Machines and tools
- 11 Medical devices
- 12 Music electronics
- 13 Networking
- 14 Renewable energy
- 15 Robotics
- 16 Telephony
- 17 Scientific hardware
- 18 Video electronics
- 19 Wireless hardware
- 20 Repositories
- 21 See also
- 22 References
- 23 External links
- Monome 40h – A reconfigurable grid of 64 backlit buttons, used via USB. A limited batch of 500 monome 40h has been produced. All the design process, design specifications, firmware and PCB schematics are available online.
- Neuros Digital Audio Computer – An open-source portable digital audio player.
- Local Motors (Rally Fighter)
- Riversimple Urban Car
- OScar (open-source car)
- OSVehicle TABBY
- AXIOM – digital cinema camera built by apertus° community.
- Elphel, Inc. – cameras based on free software and hardware designs.
- Ben NanoNote – handheld notebook computer based on a MIPS processor running Linux.
- Chumby – "ambient" information device.
- CUBIT (multi-touch) System – Open-source multitouch surface-interaction system.
- Novena – Open-source Linux computer based on a 1.2 GHz (quad-core) ARM Cortex-A9 and Xilinx FPGA.
- Open Compute Project – Openly share designs of data center products (server, storage, rack, ...).
- OpenRISC - The aim of the OpenRISC project is to create free and open source computing platforms.
- Parallax Propeller – a multi-core microcontroller with eight 32-bit RISC cores.
- SPARC – RISC instruction set architecture (ISA).
- The Bus pirate – Universal bus interface and programmer.
- Nyuzi Processor - an GPL/LGPL-licensed GPGPU processor design.
- ArduCopter, an Arduino-based drone.
- 3D Printed & Carbon Fiber Quadcopter, by Jim Spencer.
- DIY - Drone It Yourself, 3D printed kit that allows you to "turn any object into a drone".
- Arduino, open-source microcontroller board
- Netduino, open-source microcontroller board, .NET Micro Framework based
- NodeMCU, open-source Wi-Fi microcontroller board
- Air Quality Egg – Open-source platform and pollution-sensing devices for citizen crowdsourced monitoring of air quality
- OpenDesk – project to design furniture
- Open Source Ecology
- WikiHouse – Open-source project for designing and building houses.
- The Cave Pearl Project – Building an Open-source underwater data logger & sensors for cave hydrology research.
- LED Throwies – Non-destructive graffiti and light displays.
Machines and tools
- The RepRap Project, an open-source 3D printer/fabber
- Lyman filament extruder, which provides the filament for the RepRaps
- The Lasersaur, an open-source laser cutter
- The Multimachine, an open-source machine tool project
- Open Source Ecology "50 different Industrial Machines that it takes to build a small civilization with modern comforts."
- Open Gigabot "concept 3D Printer which is a HUGE, feature rich, fully networked, touchscreen enabled 3D printer." 
- Sardauscan, an open-source 3D scanner.
- Shapeoko, an open-source CNC machine kit.
- Open Prosthetics Project, open source design of prosthetics
- Open Medical Devices
- Openpump, an open-source syringe pump that dispenses fluids over a set period of time.
- E-Nable Project Cyborg Beast, a 3D printable, body-powered hand prosthesis.
- RIT Arm, a 3D printable, body-powered prosthesis intended for transradial arms.
- Bionico Arm "an affordable prosthetic upper limb".
- Voice2Hand, an open-source automated voice to sign language translator.
- MIDIbox The MIDIbox project is an open-source modular DIY hardware and software platform for MIDI devices like controllers, synthesizers, sequencers
- NetFPGA is a project consisting hardware platform, software, community and education material to enable research and education effort in a line-rate network environment.
- Wind turbines: To assist people in the developing countries, and hobbyists alike, several projects have been open-sourced, e.g. the Jua Kali wind turbine, Hugh Piggot's wind turbine, ForceField Wind Turbine, et cetera
- e-puck mobile robot, an open-hardware, education oriented, mobile robot.
- ICub, 1 metre high humanoid robot.
- Orb swarm, art spherical robots.
- RobotCub, predecessor of ICub
- The Humanoid Project
- OpenROV, an open-source telerobotic submarine 
- MeArm, a light weight and inexpensive robot arm.
- Maki Robot, an emotive 3D printable robot capable of interacting with humans.
- Openmoko – open phone framework (first use case: FIC Neo FreeRunner, released as of mid-2008)
- OpenBTS and OsmoBTS – Open-source software based GSM base stations.
- GTA04 – successor of Openmoko
- Open Source Lab (book) – documents dozens of scientific tools
- BioFactory - build your own lab equipment to construct a bioreactor, including an incubator, microscope and centrifuge.
- Milkymist One – a video synthesizer for interactive and dance-directed VJing.
- Neuros OSD an open-source digital video recorder
- Openpicus – Open-source platform for smart sensors and Internet of things
- Sun SPOT is an open-source hardware and software platform for sensor networks and battery powered, wireless, embedded development.
- USRP universal software radio peripheral is a mainboard with snap in modules providing software defined radio at different frequencies, it has a USB 2.0 link to its host computer.
- PowWow Power Optimized Hardware and Software FrameWork for Wireless Motes is an open-source hardware and software platform for wireless sensor networks.
- Twibright RONJA – Open-source free-space optic system, DIY in a garage, 10 Mbit/s full duplex/1.4 km
- SatNOGS - Free software / open hardware project of a global low earth orbit global satellite ground station
- Wevolver – an online platform for sharing and collaborating on open-source hardware projects
- Thingiverse – a collection of primarily 3-D printable open-source designs of objects
- https://www.wevolver.com/jim.spencer/3d-printed-and-carbon-fiber-quadcopter Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/kay.vink/dronify Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/re.3d/opengb Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/wevolver.moderator/3d-laser-scanner-1/ Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/wevolver.staff/shapeoko Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/gerrit.niezen/openpump---an-open-source-hardware-syringe-pump/ Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/wevolver.staff/enable-project-cyborg-beast Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/e-nable.team/rit-arm Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/wevolver.staff/inmoov-robot-1 Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/wevolver.staff/voice2hand Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/openrov.community/openrov Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/wevolver.staff/mearm Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/wevolver.staff/maki-robot/main/description/ Retrieved 28/07/2015
- https://www.wevolver.com/gerrit.niezen/biofactory Retrieved 28/07/2015