List of organizations with consultative status to the United Nations Economic and Social Council
Consultative Status to the United Nations Economic and Social Council is the highest status granted by the United Nations to non-governmental organizations, thereby allowing them to participate in the work of the United Nations. Consultative Status is divided into three categories:
- General Consultative Status (formerly Consultative Status 1), the highest level, which may be granted to organizations that are concerned with most of the activities of the Council, that are making substantive and sustained contributions in many fields, with a considerable membership, and that are broadly representative of major segments of society in a large number of countries. These organizations are entitled to deliver oral presentations during the Council's meetings.
- Special Consultative Status (formerly Consultative Status 2), which may be granted to organizations concerned with only a few of the fields of activity covered by the Council
- Roster, which are "other organizations that do not have general or special consultative status but that the Council, or the Secretary-General of the United Nations in consultation with the Council or its Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations, considers can make occasional and useful contributions to the work of the Council."
Consultative Status, depending on level, gives the organizations a number of rights to participate in the work of the UN, to present their views and deliver testimony.
In January 2016, there were 144 organizations in general consultative status, 3,237 in special consultative status and 979 on the Roster.
In September 2014, there were 142 organizations in general consultative status, 2,926 in special consultative status and 977 on the Roster.
In September 2011, there were 144 organizations in general consultative status, 2,408 in special consultative status, and 984 on the Roster. The UN also maintains a database through which the current set of organizations in consultative status can be accessed.
General Consultative Status
|#1||1946||International Chamber of Commerce|
|#2||1946||International Cooperative Alliance|
|#3||1946||World Federation of Trade Unions|
|#4||1947||International Alliance of Women|
|#5||1947||International Federation of Agricultural Producers|
|#6||1947||International Federation of Business and Professional Women|
|#7||1947||International Organisation of Employers|
|#8||1947||International Organization for Standardization|
|#9||1947||International Union of Local Authorities|
|#11||1947||World Confederation of Labour|
|#12||1947||World Federation of Democratic Youth|
|#13||1947||World Federation of United Nations Associations|
|#14||1947||World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts|
|#15||1947||World Organization of the Scout Movement|
|#16||1948||World Family Organization|
|#17||1950||International Confederation of Free Trade Unions|
|#18||1950||World Assembly of Youth|
|#19||1952||World Veterans Federation|
|#20||1966||Association de Volontaires pour le Service International|
|#21||1966||World Federation of United and Twinned Towns|
|#22||1967||World Muslim Congress|
|#23||1969||Commission of the Churches on International Affairs of the World Council of Churches|
|#24||1969||Women's International Democratic Federation|
|#26||1972||Coopération Internationale pour le Développement et la Solidarité (CIDSE)|
|#27||1972||International Council on Social Welfare|
|#28||1973||International Council of Environmental Law|
|#29||1973||International Planned Parenthood Federation|
|#30||1973||International Youth & Student Movement for the United Nations|
|#31||1974||International Council of Voluntary Agencies|
|#32||1975||Organization of African Trade Union Unity|
|#34||1979||International Social Security Association|
|#35||1979||Muslim World League|
|#36||1980||Assemblée parlementaire de la Francophonie|
|#37||1981||Society for International Development|
|#40||1985||Greek Orthodox Archdiocesan Council of North and South America|
|#42||1991||Asia Crime Prevention Foundation|
|#44||1993||Agence internationale pour le développement|
|#45||1993||International Association Znanie|
|#46||1993||Médecins Sans Frontières (International)|
|#47||1993||Save the Children International (formerly known as "Save the Children Alliance")|
|#50||1995||Association for Progressive Communications|
|#51||1995||Association of Medical Doctors of Asia|
|#52||1995||Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha|
|#53||1995||Colombian Confederation of NGOs|
|#54||1995||Confederación Latinoamericana de Cooperativas de Ahorro y Crédito (COLAC)|
|#59||1996||Academic Council on the United Nations System|
|#60||1996||Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development|
|#61||1996||Association tunisienne des mères|
|#62||1996||Environmental Development Action in the Third World (ENDA)|
|#63||1996||Foundation for the Support of the United Nations|
|#65||1997||Adventist Development and Relief Agency|
|#66||1997||Association for Women’s Rights in Development|
|#67||1997||CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation|
|#68||1997||Comité Directeur International sur la Promotion Economique des Femmes Rurales|
|#69||1998||African American Islamic Institute|
|#71||1998||Asian Legal Resource Centre|
|#72||1998||Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University|
|#73||1998||Centre de Recherches et de Promotion pour la Sauvegarde des Sites et Monuments Historiques en Afrique|
|#74||1998||Centre Europe - Tiers Monde - Europe - Third World Centre|
|#75||1998||Universal Esperanto Association|
|#76||1999||Caritas Internationalis (International Confederation of Catholic Charities)|
|#77||1999||Congregations of St. Joseph (See "Congregations of St. Joseph"" under Sisters of St. Joseph)|
|#77||1999||The National Council of Women of the United States|
|#78||2000||Femmes Africa Solidarité|
|#79||2001||Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries|
|#80||2001||Foundation for the Social Promotion of Culture|
|#81||2002||Centro di Ricerca e Documentazione Febbraio 74|
|#82||2002||Conference of Non-Governmental Organizations in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations (Conference of NGOs)|
|#83||2002||Family Health International|
|#84||1947||Friends World Committee for Consultation|
|#85||2004||Fundación Global Democracia y Desarrollo|
|#86||2007||International Eurasia Press Fund|
|#87||2007||International Trade Union Confederation|
|#88||2008||China NGO Network for International Exchanges|
|#89||2009||Russian Peace Foundation|
|#90||2011||ONG Hope International|
|#91||2012||Biovision Stiftung für ökologische Entwicklung|
|#92||2012||Gazeteciler ve Yazarlar Vakfi (GYV)|
|#93||2012||Islamic Relief USA|
|#94||2012||Voluntary Service Overseas|
|#95||2012||Convention of Independent Financial Advisors-CIFA|
|#96||1997||Green Cross International|
|#98||1996||Humane Society of the United States|
|#99||1991||Inter-Press Service International Association (IPS)|
|#100||1995||Interaction, American Council for Voluntary International Action|
|#101||1995||International Abolitionist Federation|
|#102||1995||International Association for Religious Freedom|
|#103||1998||International Association of Lions Clubs (Lions Clubs International)|
|#104||1999||International Association of Peace Foundations|
|#105||1995||International Association of Soldiers for Peace|
|#106||1998||International Center for Research on Women (ICRW)|
|#107||1991||International Council for Adult Education|
|#108||1947||International Council of Women / Conseil International des Femmes|
|#109||2014||International Council on Management of Population Programmes|
|#110||2011||International Federation for Family Development|
|#111||1991||International Federation of Associations of the Elderly|
|#112||1998||International Federation of Settlements and Neighbourhood Centres|
|#113||1995||International Federation on Ageing|
|#114||2015||International Health Awareness Network, Inc.|
|#115||2002||International Higher Education Academy of Sciences (IHEAS)|
|#116||2011||International Indian Treaty Council|
|#117||1995||International Informatization Academy|
|#118||1995||International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis|
|#119||1998||International Institute for Non-aligned Studies|
|#120||2013||International Institute of Administrative Sciences|
|#121||1991||International Movement ATD Fourth World|
|#122||1947||International Organization for Standardization|
|#123||2005||International Research Centre for Environmental Structures "Pio Manzu"|
|#124||2013||International Road Transport Union|
|#125||1999||International Trustee Fund of the Tsyolkovsky Moscow State Aviation Technological University|
|#126||1999||International Union of Economists|
|#127||2011||Junior Chamber International|
|#128||1999||Legiao da Boa Vontade - Legion of Good Will|
|#129||1995||Liberal International (World Liberal Union)|
|#130||2004||Make Mothers Matter - MMM|
|#131||1996||Médecins du Monde - International|
- "United Nations Civil Society Participation – Consultative status". United Nations Civil Society Participation (iCSO). United Nations. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "List of non - governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council as of 1 September 2014" (PDF). List of non - governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council as of 1 September 2014. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "List of non-governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council as of1 September 2013" (PDF). United Nations.
- United Nations, Economic and Social Council. "List of non-governmental organizat ions in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council as of 1 September 2011" (PDF).
- "United Nations Civil Society Participation – Advanced Search". Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC" (PDF). Archived from the original (pdf) on 2004-07-28. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "List of non - governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council as of 1 September 2014" (PDF). United Nations - NGO Branch - Department of Economic and Social Affairs. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "NGO Facilitators". United Nations Department of ECOSOC. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "Frequently asked questions: What does the abbreviation CIDSE stand for?". CIDSE. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Environmental Development Action in the Third World (ENDA)". United Nations Office on Drug and Crime. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- p.360-1, Greenwood, John Ormerod: Quaker Encounters, Vol 3 – Whispers of Truth: William Sessions, York, 1978
- "Biovision Stiftung für ökologische Entwicklung". Biovision Foundation. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "Consultative Status with ECOSOC and other accreditations". United Nations: NGO Branch - UN Dept. of Economic and Social Affairs. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "List of non - governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council as of 1 September 2014" (PDF). United Nations - NGO Branch - Department of Economic and Social Affairs. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "United Nations Civil Society Participation – General". United Nations. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children Granted Special Status with United Nations". ICMEC. August 12, 2008.
- "List of NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC (Post-2015 Summit)" (PDF). United Nations. 1 September 2015.