List of oyster bars
This is a list of notable oyster bars. An oyster bar is a restaurant specializing in serving oysters, or a section of a restaurant which serves oysters buffet-style. In France, the oyster bar is known as bar à huîtres. Oysters have been consumed since ancient times and were common tavern food in Europe, but the oyster bar as a distinct restaurant began making an appearance in the 1700s.
- Bentley’s Oyster Bar and Grill 
- Sinclair's Oyster Bar – Cathedral Gates, Millennium Quarter, Shambles Square, Manchester city centre, Manchester, England
- 72 Market Street Oyster Bar and Grill – a former oyster bar and restaurant in Venice, California
- Swan Oyster Depot – in San Francisco, California
District of Columbia
- Old Ebbitt Grill – a historic bar and restaurant located in Washington, D.C.; holds an annual oyster eating event called Oyster Riot every November
- Flora-Bama – located on Perdido Key in Pensacola, Florida; a world-famous honky-tonk, oyster bar, beach bar, and Gulf Coast cultural landmark
- Shuckum's Oyster Bar – a former restaurant located on Young Circle in downtown Hollywood, Florida
- Grand Central Oyster Bar & Restaurant, a seafood restaurant located on the lower level of Grand Central Terminal at 42nd Street and Vanderbilt Avenue in Manhattan in New York City
- John Dory Oyster Bar – Manhattan, New York City
- Mermaid Oyster Bar – in Greenwich Village, New York City opened by Zach Braff
- Dan and Louis Oyster Bar – a seafood restaurant in Portland, Oregon described by Fodor's as a "Portland landmark"
- McCormick & Schmick's – an American seafood restaurant chain, based in Portland, Oregon
- Williams p. 83.
- The Classic: Richard Corrigan’s proper shellfish cocktail | The Sunday Times
- Fodor's Great Britain 2006
- Classic eats for dining in New Orleans, Louisiana | Experience Food & Wine
- The Grand Central Oyster Bar & Restaurant - New York | East 40s Restaurant Menus and Reviews
- April Bloomfield: the English chef taking Manhattan by storm | Life and style | The Observer
- "Best Oyster Bars in America". Imbibe. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Fortunato, Patricia (5 November 2010). "Ace Hotel New York's John Dory Oyster Bar: Open Tonight". Conde Nast Traveler, Moveable Feast Blog. Archived from the original on March 16, 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Ng, Shelley (November 17, 2009). "Mermaid Oyster Bar". Pix 11 Morning News. Archived from the original on November 23, 2009.
- Dan & Louis's Oyster Bar | Portland Restaurants from Fodor's
- Williams, Nicola. France. London: Lonely Planet, 2009.
- Knowlton, Andrew (February 18, 2014). "The Foodist's 10 Favorite Oyster Bars Across America". Bon Appétit. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Cox, Greg (February 16, 2011). "Greg's Hot List: Oyster Bars". News & Observer. Retrieved 19 August 2014.