List of people in blockchain technology
This list about a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Some persons notable as programmers are included here because they work in research as well as programming. A few of these people pre-date the invention of this technology; they are now regarded as people in blockchain technology because their work can be seen as leading to the invention of this technology.
- Gavin Andresen, former Bitcoin lead developer
- Andreas Antonopoulos, author of Mastering Bitcoin
- Jeremy Allaire, CEO and founder of the digital currency company Circle and Chairman of the Board of Brightcove
- Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director of Hyperledger Project
- Brendan Blumer, CEO of Block.One
- Vitalik Buterin, founder of Ethereum
- Adam Back, author of Hashcash and CEO of Blockstream
- Jason Fernandes - COO and Co-Founder of AEToken, a blockchain-based company
- Hal Finney, the recipient of the first Bitcoin transaction
- Tony Gallippi, founder of BitPay, a global bitcoin payment service provider headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia
- Dave Kleiman associated with Craig Wright
- Satoshi Nakamoto, the name used by the unknown person or people who designed bitcoin and created its original reference implementation
- Emin Gün Sirer, professor at Cornell University, dedicated to building and studying distributed and peer-to-peer systems
- Jorge Stolfi, Brazilian professor at the University of Campinas, cryptocurrency skeptic
- Alex Tapscott, co-author of Blockchain Revolution, CEO and founder of Northwest Passage Ventures, an advisory firm for early-stage blockchain companies
- Don Tapscott, co-author of Blockchain Revolution, CEO of Tapscott Group, co-founder of Blockchain Research Institute
- Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn, creator of cryptocoin Zcash
- Gavin Wood, co-founder of Ethereum
- Jihan Wu, co-founder of Bitmain
- L.S. (November 2, 2015). "Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?". The Economist explains. The Economist. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- "Bitcoin Foundation History". Bitcoin Wiki. Retrieved July 18, 2020.
- Popper, Nathaniel (July 25, 2017). "Some Bitcoin Backers Are Defecting to Create a Rival Currency". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved July 28, 2017.