List of people killed during the 2014 Ukrainian revolution
This is the list of people killed during the 2014 Ukrainian Revolution, widely known as Euromaidan. The list contains 130 identified deaths on both sides of the conflict. The majority of those listed were civilian protesters who supported the revolution. The list includes 18 police officers who were killed by the protesters. 
Ukrainian sources often refer to the killed protesters as the Heavenly Hundred (Ukrainian: Небесна сотня" ["Nebesna sotnya"] ; it may also be translated as "Heavenly Company "). On 21 February 2014, Verkhovna Rada recognized the perished protesters of Euromaidan as victims. On 21 November 2014 by Petro Poroshenko's decree the perished Ukrainian protesters of Euromaidan were posthumously awarded the Hero of Ukraine title. Three non-Ukrainian citizens killed in the Euromaidan events were each posthumously awarded the title Knight of the Order of the Heaven's Hundred Heroes. 2015 "the Day of the Heavenly Hundred Heroes" was celebrated on 20 February to commemorate the deaths.
The first deaths occurred on Unity Day, 22 January 2014, during riots on Hrushevskoho Street in Kiev, where 3 Euromaidan activists were shot dead. On the same day, a dead body of another Euromaidan activist was found on the outskirts of the city; he was kidnapped a day before with Ihor Lutsenko, who was released. These were the first victims to die in demonstrations in Ukraine since gaining national independence in 1991. The deaths caused widespread protests across the country. On 23 January 2014, then Prime Minister Mykola Azarov in an interview with BBC said that police had not been issued firearms, and said no police officers were located on the rooftops around the protest area. He stated that the shooting of protesters was a provocation by extremist forces aimed at escalating violence. Party of Regions MP Arsen Klinchayev stated during a memorial service in Luhansk for those killed on 22 January by police, "These people were against the government. Nobody has the right to use physical force against police officers. And then they have their sticks, then stones, then something else. The police have the right to defend their lives. So I think it's right that these four people were killed. Moreover, I believe that you need to be stricter."
5 more deaths in connection with Euromaidan occurred between 25 January and 13 February.
The second active phase started February 18. After a brief truce on 19 February, the clashes renewed 20 February. According to the newspaper Ukrainska Pravda, the special force (Berkut) and Interior Troops snipers shot at people on Maidan and/or snipers located in nearby buildings, with special forces firing with AK-47 assault rifles. 20 February was the bloodiest day of the clashes with at least 21 anti-government protesters being killed. The final death toll from these clashes in late February was 103 protesters and 13 police. According to the Deputy Prosecutor General of Ukraine Oleh Zalisko in February 2014 67 people were killed in Kiev's city centre, 184 sustained gunshot wounds and over 750 suffered bodily injuries (as stated on 9 December 2014). On 20 February 2014, the (then) opposition parties (Batkivshchyna, UDAR and Svoboda) released a statement that stated "To hold talks with the regime, the policies of which led to the deaths of many people, is an extremely unpleasant thing but we must do everything possible and even the impossible to prevent further bloodshed".
At least 17 people died from previously received wounds and injuries since then.
On 21 February 2014. Maidan participants wished last farewell to the perished protesters who they named the Heavenly Hundred. During the event, a mourning Lemko song "A duck floats on Tysa..." was heard (Ukrainian: «Плине кача по Тисині…»).
On 24 February 2014, the Verkhovna Rada (Ukraine's parliament) decided to propose the next Ukrainian president award the title Hero of Ukraine to protesters killed in the clashes with the riot police.
Identity of snipers
On 30 March 2014, The Daily Beast published photos which it stated were of members of the Alfa Group of the Ukrainian security services (SBU) taken on 20 February 2014 and said that these troops may have been trained by members of the Russian special forces.
|Nationality||Name||Details||Date of death||Cause of death/Reference|
|Yuriy Verbytskyiuk||A scientist (seismologist) from the Geophysical Institute in Lviv. Yury was a member of Lviv's climber society. After his death, the society proposed to name one of the Caucasian mountains after Verbytskyi—the idea was supported by the Georgian climber society which is currently looking for an unnamed mountain hill.||21 or 22 January 2014||Verbytskyi was kidnapped from the Oleksandivsky Hospital together with Ihor Lutsenko on 21 January 2014. His body was found on 22 January close to village Gnidyn of Boryspil Raion, with signs of torture. However, the official cause of death was said to be hypothermia.|
|Pavlo Mazurenkouk||Participated in Euromaidan||21 December 2013||According to his wife, as reported by the Ukrayinska Pravda, Pavlo Mazurenko (41 years old) was beaten up on 18 December 2013 by three law enforcement agents in the neighborhood of Borshchahivka (Mykilska). According to police, he died as a result of a fight with employees of a private security company that were guarding the Colibris store in Kiev. Police also claimed that Pavlo's wife stated he was not involved in Euromaidan protests. Ukrainian UNIAN News Agency interviewed Pavlo's wife days after, and she commented her husband was beaten by "three men in black uniform and batons [...] more resembling interior ministry servicemen, or a private security company staff". She also claimed that the three ran away after beating Pavlo. On 21 December, he visited a doctor who sent him to a hospital where Mazurenko was diagnosed with a concussion. The same day he was hospitalized doctors found fractures to his skull. On 22 December, Mazurenko died and his body was sent for forensic examination, after which he was diagnosed with two-way contagious bovine pleuropneumonia (lung plaque seen in bovine animals).|
|Serhiy Nigoyan||Born in the village of Bereznuvativka in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast. The Nigoyan family moved from Armenia to Ukraine as refugees of the Nagorno-Karabakh War. Nigoyan came to Euromaidan on 8 December and was mostly involved in security. After his death, Ukrainian composer Valentyn Sylvestrov dedicated two songs to the memory of Nigoyan.||22 January 2014||Died on 22 January 2014 during clashes with the police on Hrushevskyi street. He suffered multiple gunshot wounds during a Berkut attack on the Hrushevskoho Street barricades. On November 18, 2015 according to the head of the Special Investigations Unit of the Main Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General Sergei Gorbatyuk, Serhiy Nigoyan and Mikhail Zhiznevsky were killed at a distance of not less than three meters, while the law enforcement agencies of the protesters were at a distance of about 30 meters.|
|Mikhail Zhyznevskibe||Zhyznevskyi left Belarus for political reasons. In Ukraine, he lived and worked in Kiev and later Bila Tserkva. Was a member of the Ukrainian nationalist group, the UNSO. At Euromaidan, Zhyznevskyi was involved in security.||22 January 2014||Died on 22 January 2014 during Berkut's action on barricades on Hrushevsky street where he was shot in the chest by a sniper. His funeral was attended by Euromaidan and opposition leaders; he was buried with the Ukrainian UNA-UNSO and Belarusian flags.|
|Roman Senyk||Senyk was born in Lviv Oblast and in the last few years lived in Turka.||25 January 2014||During a Berkut action on barricades on Hrushevskoho Street, a grenade tore his hand and made multiple wounds in his lower chest and lungs. Hit with a metal bullet in the lung, he underwent several operations and had to have his arm amputated. Having lost more than 3.5 litres of blood, he died in one of Kiev's hospitals after multiple surgeries.|
|Bohdan Kalyniak||52 years old from Kolomyia, Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast||28 January 2014||Died at a hospital in Ivano-Frankivsk on 28 January. Kolomyia Mayor Igor Sluzar said the man had come down with pneumonia during the clashes on Hrushevskoho Street in Kiev where police used water cannons on protesters despite sub-zero temperatures.|
|Serhiy Synenko||AutoMaidan activist. Zaporizhia.||13 February 2014||In Zaporizhia, the gas tank of his car was shot at, causing it to explode and the car to engulf him in flames. Police stated the murder may have been motivated by his participation in Automaidan.|
|Serhiy Bondarev||Software engineer from GlobalLogic, Kiev. Originally from Kramatorsk, Donetsky region||18 February 2014||4 Gunshot wounds|
|Valeriy Brezdenyuk||Ukrainian painter, known for "paintings on the water". From Zhmerynka, Vinnytska Oblast., 50 year old.||18 February 2014||Killed during clashes by a gunshot wound to the back.|
|Serhiy Didych||Svoboda member. 44 years old.||18 February 2014||Died during the traffic incident while another protester was trying to break the police line on the truck.|
|Antonina Dvoryanets||From Brovary. Kiev Oblast. 62 years old.||18 February 2014||Participated in a picketing action. Beaten to death with clubs during clashes on Instytutska Street.|
|Oleksandr Kapinos||From Ternopil Oblast, Svoboda member, 29 years old.||18 February 2014||Killed during clashes. According to his friend, Oleksandr was hit by a grenade, then shot in the head with a rubber bullet at close range. Died in the hospital.|
|Zurab Khurtsia||Georgian, 53 years old.||18 February 2014||Died from a heart attack on Maidan|
|Volodymyr Kishchuk||From Zaporizhia Oblast. 58 years old.||18 February 2014||Shot during clashes with the riot police and Berkut on Hrushevskoho street.|
|Andriy Korchak||Boryslav. Lviv Oblast 1964-07-18||18 February 2014||Beaten by "Berkut" and died from a head injury in the hospital.|
|Volodymyr Kulchytskyi||From Kiev. 65 years old.||18 February 2014||Killed by two bullets during clashes.|
|Volodymyr Naumov||Member of Euromaidan self-defense units, from Donetsk Oblast.||18 February 2014||Body found on Trukhaniv Island near the Dnipro River. Police accused Naumov of suicide.|
|Oleksandr Plekhanov||22 year-old college student from Kiev.||18 February 2014||Killed during clashes|
|Ihor Serdyuk||From Kremenchuk. 40 years old.||18 February 2014||Executed by "titushkas" thugs and "Berkut" next to Mariinsky Park. He was building a barricade at the time.|
|Serhiy Shapoval||From Kiev. 45 years old.||18 February 2014||Shot during clashes with the riot police and Berkut on Hrushevskoho street.|
|Vyacheslav Veremiy||Journalist for Vesti newspaper; lost 1 eye during the Hrushevskoho Street riots weeks prior; survived by a 4-year-old son.||18 February 2014||Pulled out of a taxi on his way home from work and then shot in the chest by government-paid thugs. A targeted killing. Driver was also severely beaten with lacerations to his legs.|
|Yakiv Zaiko||Former People's Deputy of Ukraine, Zhytomyr. 73 years old.||18 February 2014||Died from heart attack while being chased by "Berkut" special unit.|
|Andriy Chernenko||Slobodo-Petrivka, Poltava Oblast, 35 years old. Survived by 7 -month-old daughter.||19 February 2014|||
|Yuriy Paskhalin||From Cherkasy Oblast. 30 years old.||19 February 2014||3 Gunshot wounds in the back and 1 pneumatic injury|
|Dmytro Maksymov||From Kiev, 19 years old.||18 February 2014||Injured by a grenade explosion, lost an arm, died of blood loss.|
|Vitaliy Vasyltsov||from Bila Tserkva. 1977 (age 42–43)||19 February 2014||Shot on Velyka Zhitomirska st.|
|Serhiy Baidovsky||from Lutsk, originally from Novovolynsk. 22 years old.||20 February 2014||Killed on Independence Square|
|Serhiy Bondarchuk||from Starokostiantyniv. 1961 (age 58–59) Teacher of Physics.||20 February 2014||Killed by sniper fire|
|Mykola Dziavulsky||Born in Krasnoyarsky Krai, Russia. Lived in Shepetivka, Khmelnytskyi Oblast. 1958 (age 61–62) Teacher of geography and biology||20 February 2014||Killed by sniper fire on Instytutska Street.|
|Ustym Holodnyuk||from Zbarazh, Ternopil Oblast 1994 (age 25–26) 19 years old? (query age inconsistency)||20 February 2014||Shot in the head by sniper fire|
|Eduard Hrynevych||Volyn Oblast, born in 1985 (28 years old)||20 February 2014||Shot in the head by a sniper. Brought to St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery|
|Serhiy Kemsky||From Kerch, Crimea. 34 years old.||20 February 2014||Brought to St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery|
|Ihor Kostenko||Journalist from the newspaper Sportanalytic, geography student and contributor to the Ukrainian Wikipedia from Buchach, Ternopil Oblast. 22 years old||20 February 2014||Brought to St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery|
|Ivan Kreman (Panteleyev)||From Kremenchuk, Poltava Oblast||20 February 2014||Killed by sniper fire|
|Andrii Movchan||from Kiev. 34 years old. Democratic Alliance activist||20 February 2014||Killed by sniper fire. According to a friend, Andrii was bringing food to Maidan when he was killed.|
|Roman Nikulichev||Kiev, 21 years old||20 February 2014|||
|Dmytro Pahor||Khmelnytskyi, 21 y/o||20 February 2014||Shot in the head next to the SBU office in Khmelnitsky|
|Yuriy Parashchuk||Lived in Kharkiv, born in Talne, Cherkasy Oblast. Born in 1966 (47 y/o)||20 February 2014||Shot in the head and killed by sniper fire on Instytutska Street.|
|Anatoliy Korneyev||From Havrylivtsi, Khmelnytskyi Oblast||20 February 2014||Killed by sniper fire.|
|Andriy Sayenko||From Fastiv. 42 years old||20 February 2014||7th Sotnia of Maidan Self-Defense. Killed by a sniper|
|Yosyp Shylinh||DrohobychFebruary 14, 1953 From||20 February 2014||Shot in the head by a sniper next to October Palace|
|Viktor Chmilenko||Borysivka, Bobrynets Raion 1961 (age 58–59)||20 February 2014||Killed by sniper fire|
|Vitaliy Smolinsky||Furmanivka village. From Cherkasy Oblast.||20 February 2014||Brought to St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery|
|Bohdan Solchanyk||From Stary Sambir, Lviv Oblast, Professor of Ukrainian Catholic University||20 February 2014||Brought to St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery|
|Igor Tkachuk||Znamensk, Kaliningrad Oblast (Russia) 1975 (age 44–45). Father of three children with the youngest only a year old.||20 February 2014||Killed by sniper fire.|
|Bohdan Ilkiv||Shirets, Lviv Oblast, 51 years old||22 February 2014||Shot twice in the stomach on Maidan. Died in the hospital.|
|Roman Tochyn||Khodoriv 1970 (age 49–50), Svoboda party member||20 February 2014||Shot in the head by a sniper.|
|Oleksandr Tsariok||Kalinin, Vasylkiv Raion, Kiev Oblast||20 February 2014||Killed by sniper fire|
|Oleh Ushnevych||Drohobych 1982 (age 37–38)||20 February 2014||Killed by sniper fire|
|Roman Varenytsia||from Yavoriv Raion. December 14, 1978||20 February 2014||Killed by sniper fire|
|Nazar Voytovych||A 17-year-old from Travneve village, Ternopil Oblast||20 February 2014||Brought to St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery|
|Anatoliy Zhalovaha||Lviv, born in 1980||20 February 2014||Brought to St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery|
|Anatoliy Zherebnyh||Rudky, Lviv Oblast||20 February 2014||Brought to St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery|
|Bohdan Vaida||Letnya village, Lviv Oblast, 48 years old||20 February 2014||Shot in the chest by a sniper|
|Volodymyr Chaplinsky||Obukhiv, born in 1979 (34 y/o)||20 February 2014||Shot in the neck by a sniper|
|Ihor Dmytriv||Kopanky village, Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast, 30 years old||20 February 2014||Shot in the chest by a sniper|
|Andriy Dyhdalovych||Sokilnyky, Pustomyty Raion, Lviv Oblast, born in 1973||20 February 2014||Shot by a sniper while covering a friend.|
|Roman Hurik||Ivano-Frankivsk, born in 1994||19 February 2014||Shot in the head by a sniper|
|Vitaliy Kotsyuba||Lviv, 32 years old||20 February 2014|||
|Oleksandr Khrapachenko||Theatre director from Rivne, originally from Zdolbunov, 1987 (26 years old)||20 February 2014||Shot in the head and killed by sniper fire.|
|Vasyl Moysei||Kivertsi, Volyn Oblast, born in 1992 (21 y/o)||20 February 2014||Shot in the chest by a sniper|
|Valeriy Opanasyuk||Rivne, born in 1971. Had 4 children.||20 February 2014||Shot by a sniper|
|Volodymyr Pavliuk||Kolomyia, Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast, about 40 years old||20 February 2014||Shot 4 times, once in the head. Died in the hospital |
|Leonid Polyansky||About 35 years old||20 February 2014||Body found in morgue on Oranhereyna Street|
|Oleksandr Shcherbaniuk||From Chernivtsi, Batkivshchina party member. Afghanistan war veteran.||20 February 2014||Shot in the heart by a sniper|
|Maksym Shymko||From Vinnytsia, 33 years old||20 February 2014||Shot by a sniper |
|Ivan Tarasiuk||Olyka village, Volyn Oblast, born in 1993, 21 years old||20 February 2014||Killed by a sniper.|
|Ivan Bliok||Horodok, Lviv Oblast, born in 1973 (40 y/o)||20 February 2014||Shot in the heart by a sniper|
|Mykola Pankiv||Lapayivka, Lviv Oblast, 39 years old||20 February 2014||Shot in the chest|
|Vasyly Prohorskiy||Kiev, 33 years old||18 February 2014||Went to Maidan on Feb 18, was missing, found dead and tortured.|
|Viktor Shvets||Hatne village, Kiev Oblast, born in 1957||19 February 2014||Shot in the stomach 3 times|
|Volodymyr Zherebniy||Born in Vyshnya village (moved to Rudky), Lviv Oblast, born in 1985 (28 years old)||20 February 2014||Shot in the neck by a sniper|
|Liudmyla Sheremeta||Khmelnytskyi, 73 years old||22 February 2014||Shot in the head by an SBU officer on 19 February 2014 during the storming of SBU office in Khmelnitsky. Died in the hospital three days later.|
|Yevhen Kotliar||Kharkiv, born in 1980 (33 y/o)||20 February 2014||Shot on Instytutska Street.|
|Ivan Horodniuk||Berezne, Rivne Oblast, 29 years old||19 February 2014||On 18 February, was beaten by "Berkut" and soaked from a water cannon. Returned home 19 February and died from a heart attack same night.|
|Andriy Tsepun||Kiev, 35 years old||21 February 2014||EuroMaidan activist, found beaten to death.|
|Maksym Mashkov||21 February 2014||Died in the hospital |
|Maksym Horoshishin||Hrushivka village, Cherkasy Oblast, 25 years old||18 February 2014||Died from gas grenade poisoning during the clashes on Instytutska Street.|
|Georgiy Arutiunyan||Georgian Citizen of Armenian descent, lived in Rivne, born in 1960.||20 February 2014||Shot by a sniper. Brought to St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery|
|Volodymyr Melnychuk||Lived in Kiev, 40 years old||20 February 2014||Was helping Euromaidan activists. Shot in the neck by a sniper while standing next to his wife.|
|David Kipiani||Republic of Georgia||21 February 2014||Found wounded, likely shot by a sniper, next to the barricades on Khmelnytsky Street, died in the emergency vehicle.|
|Victor Chernets||Podibna, Cherkasy Oblast, born in 1977||19 February 2014||Died from injury caused by the collision with an unidentified SUV while guarding an improvised checkpoint built to block special units and thugs on Kiev-Odesa highway. The SUV was storming the checkpoint to open the way for the Interior troops.|
|Oleksandr Scherbatyuk||From Chernivtsi; 46 years old; Jewish; Afghan war veteran||20 February 2014||Killed by snipers.|
|Volodymyr Topiy||Vyshnya village, Lviv Oblast, 57 years old||18 January 2014||Died during the fire at the Trade Unions Building|
|Volodymyr Zubok||Chernihiv Oblast, born in 1985||20 January 2014|||
|Viktor Khomyak||Euromaidan activist||27 January 2014||Body found hung on the Christmas Tree on the Maidan. Details are unknown.|
|Viktor Prokhorchuk||born in 1975 (38 years old)||18 February 2014||Member of the self-defense. Was found with his throat slit on the backyard of a Kreshchatik house a week after disappearance on 18 February.|
|Andriy Zhanovachiy||born in 1964||20? February 2014|||
|Volodymyr Boykiv||born in 1955||19 February 2014|||
|Oleksiy Bratushko||From Sumy, born in 1971||20 February 2014||Shot by a sniper on Instytutska Street.|
|Ihor Batchinsky||30 years old||25 February 2014|||
|Mykola Tarshchuk||born in 1975||20 February 2014||Shot in the neck by a sniper|
|Mykola Semisiuk||From Khmelnytskyi, born in 1986||20 February 2014||Shot in the head by a sniper|
|Ihor Pehenko||Vyshhorod, Kiev Oblast, born in 1970, 43 years old||20 February 2014||Shot in the neck by a sniper|
|Vladyslav Zubenko||"Svoboda" Party activist from Kharkiv, born in 1991, 22 years old||28 February 2014||Shot by a sniper 20 February, died from the wounds in the hospital.|
|Artem Mazur||26 years old||3 March 2014||Sustained heavy head trauma, died from the wounds in the hospital.|
|Taras Slobodian||From Ternopil Oblast, 31 years old||5 March 2014||Body was found in the woods of Sumskiy Forest in October 2013? (query date - precedes date of death) |
|Mykhailo Kostyshyn||Nyzhniy Strutyn, Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast||26 February 2014||Was on Maidan from the first days. Beaten to death in January 2014, was in the hospital for almost a month but did not recover.|
|Artur Khuntsaar||From Ivano-Frankivsk, born in 1984 (29 years old)||18 February 2014||Killed by a sniper.|
|Yuriy Nechiporuk||From Khmilnyk, Vinnytsia Oblast, 30 years old||18 February 2014||Euromaidan activist, kidnapped and killed by thugs. Sustained 20 knife wounds.|
|Anatoliy Kurach||From Rivne||21 February 2014||Died because of a head trauma received on Maidan|
|Oleksandr Badera||From Volodymyr-Volynsky, born in 1948 (66 years old)||28 January 2014||Died because of trauma received 22 January 2014 on Hrushevskoho Street.|
|Oleksandr Baliuk||From Lypovy village, Zhytomyr Oblast, born in 1974 (39 years old)||20 February 2014||Received a firearm wound to the chest. Was trying to rescue another person.|
|Reshat Ametov||From Crimea, born in 1975. Father of 3 children.||3 March 2014?||Participated in the protests against separatism movement. Disappeared 3 March, found on 15 March tortured to death.|
|Vyacheslav Vorona||Born in Prypyat, lived in Kiev||9 March 2014||Received a head injury during the clashes, was brought to the intensive care, never recovered from coma.|
|Vasyl Aksenin||From Letyache, Ternopil Oblast, born in 1961.||12 March 2014||Was heavily wounded on 20 February in Kiev. At the end of February he was sent for treatment to Poland, but did not survive.|
|Olha Bura||From Rypne, Lviv Oblast, born in 1986.||10 March 2014||Participated in the protests since the end of November. Died at a hospital from the serious injuries received during the clashes.|
|Vasyl Sheremet||From Lanchyn, Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast, born in 1949 (64 y/o).||7 March 2014||Died from wounds sustained during the clashes with "Berkut"|
|Ivan Nakonechny||From Kiev, born in 1931 (82 years old).||7 March 2014||Navy officer. Was on the Euromaidan since 30 November. Died from wounds sustained during the clashes on Instytutska Street on 19 February 2014.|
|Petro Hadzha||Lived in Kiev, born in Rakhiv, Zakarpattia Oblast, born in 1966 (47 years old).||22 March 2014||Was on the Euromaidan since its first days. Member of the 8th Sotnia. Died in the hospital due to gas poisoning which he had sustained during the clashes on Hrushevskoho Street.|
|Dmytro Chernyavskiy||Born in the Donetsk Oblast. Studied at Lviv National University, born in 1992 (22 years old).||13 March 2014||On 13 March, participated in the meeting for the unity of Ukraine in the city of Donetsk. Was stabbed to death in clashes with pro-Russian activists.|
|Roman Olikh||Born in the village of Hybalivka, Vinnytsia Oblast.||15 February 2014||Came to Maidan in January. On the 6th of February he was injured and taken to a hospital in Kiev. Fell into coma and never recovered.|
Unnamed dead activists
There are currently some unidentified activists who were reported killed during the conflict.
- During the Hrushevskoho Street riots, a 22‑year-old man died falling from the colonnade near the Lobanovsky Dynamo Stadium during a beating by police; the cause of death was multiple injuries, particularly spine fracture.
- Two unnamed shooting victims were announced by Euromaidan medical service coordinators on the evening of the 22nd. The identity of the two remains unknown as their bodies disappeared from the street after the action of Berkut in the early morning 22 January 2014. Roman Senyk was later identified as shot and killed on this date.
- On 26 January, the body of a man was found in the Obolon district of Kiev, with his hands bound.
- On 29 January, two male activists, one younger and one older, were shot on Hrushevskoho Street and brought to a Kiev hospital. The latter died from the gunshot wounds the following day. A UDAR MP accused police of shooting the two as a provocation.
- On 15 February, the body of a missing Euromaidan activist was found outside of Kiev.
- On 18–19 February, 16 protesters were killed in clashes with police, of whom 7 have been named.
- Later, on 19 February at 9 pm, a young man was killed in Khmelnytsky outside the SBU building in further clashes with police. 5Kanal reported both a 23‑year-old and a 16‑year-old were shot and killed.
- On 20 February, at least 34 protesters were shot dead as of 1 pm, with reporters verifying the bodies (15 at Kozatsky Hotel, 12 at Ukraine Hotel, 7 at the central post office). Kyiv Post journalists reported an additional eight bodies on Khreshchatyk Street early afternoon, separate from the previous body count. Dr. Olha Bohomolets, one of the attending physicians to 12 fatal gunshot victims at Ukraine Hotel, said that the victims were shot with high-precision rifles and powerful ammunition that broke their bones.
Militants from the Social-National Assembly and the "Patriots of Ukraine" seized and burned on February 18, 2014 the central office of the ruling party - the Party of Regions. A bystander, 57-year-old IT engineer Vladimir Konstantinovich Zakharov who tried to stop the attackers from entering the server room, was beaten to death by Maidan activists.
Police officers' deaths
The Maidan activists seeking the change of government were opposed by the Ukrainian police force. As of 2 March, The Ministry of Internal Affairs reported 18 police officer fatalities related to the conflict. Two deaths which occurred during the crisis were considered by The Interior Ministry's as having no relation to Euromaidan or civil unrest. In addition, according to the Minister of Internal Affairs, another police officer, 30-year-old captain of the Internal Troops of Ukraine Dmytro Donets, had died from a heart attack. On 18 February, six officers were killed in action against protest camps in Kiev.
|Nationality||Rank||Name||Details||Date of death||Reference|
|Lieutenant||Dmytro Vlasenko||Born 1982, Internal Troops (Crimea)||18 February 2014|||
|Lieutenant||Vitaliy Honcharov||Born 1989, Internal Troops (Crimea)||18 February 2014|||
|Lieutenant||Volodymyr Yevtushok||Born 1971, Patrol Service (Kiev)||18 February 2014|||
|Senior Lieutenant||Andriy Fediukin||Born 1972, Berkut (Crimea)||18 February 2014|||
|Oleksiy Ivanenko||Born 1977, Internal Troops (Kharkiv)||18 February 2014|||
|Lieutenant||Petro Savitsky||Born 1972, Patrol Service (Kiev)||18 February 2014|||
|Sergeant||Vasil' Bulitko||Born 1986, Berkut (Kiev)||18 February 2014|||
|Sergeant||Serhiy Tsvihun||Born 1990, Berkut (Zaporizhia)||18 February 2014|||
|Ivan Tepliuk||Born 1993, Internal Troops (Kiev)||18 February 2014|||
|Maxim Tretiak||Born 1993, Internal Troops (Kiev)||18 February 2014|||
|Serhiy Spichak||Berdyansk (Zaporizhia region)||19 February 2014|||
Legacy of the dead pro-Euromaidan activists
Ukrainian sources often refer the pro-Euromaidan activists who died during Euromaidan as "The Heavenly Hundred". In April 2014, the Kiev City State Administration and Culture Ministry of Ukraine stated that they expected to open a memorial complex "to the heroes of Heavenly Hundred" in February 2015, on the occasion of the anniversary of the death activists. On 1 July 2014, the Verkhovna Rada (the parliament of Ukraine) established the Medal "Order of the Heavenly Hundred Heroes". On 25 August 2014, President Petro Poroshenko claimed he had called the 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election in order to purify parliament of MPs who had supported "the [January 2014] Dictatorship laws that took the lives of the Heavenly hundred".
President Poroshenko decreed on 11 February 2015 that 20 February will annually be commemorated as "Day of the Heavenly Hundred Heroes"; his decree also establish (an action plan to accomplish) a museum in Kiev dedicated to Euromaidan. On 20 February, it is compulsory for Ukrainian TV channels to display a flaming candle or a similar stylized image, and, at 12:00, a minute of silence must be observed.
- On February 23, 2014, in Poltava former monument of Lenin, which was taken down couple of days prior on February 21, its pedestal was converted into "monument of the Maidan Heroes".
- On April 13, 2014, in hamlet Buda, Chyhyryn Raion (vicinity of historical Cold Ravine) was installed a monument to "the Heavenly Hundred".
- On May 6, 2014, in Dubno was consecrated a commemorative landmark to "the Heavenly Hundred".
- On September 21, 2015, outside of Chicago in Bloomingdale, Illinois was opened a monument commemorating the people perished during the Euromaidan.
- "МВС УКРАЇНИ". mvs.gov.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- The Rada established help to the families of perished activists. LB. February 21, 2014
- "УКАЗ ПРЕЗИДЕНТА УКРАЇНИ № 890/2014". Official site of the President of Ukraine. Archived from the original on 2014-11-21.
- Президент нагородив орденами Героїв Небесної Сотні трьох іноземців, які загинули під час Революції Гідності // Офіційне інтернет-представництво Президента України Archived 2014-12-31 at the Wayback Machine
- Poroshenko, Petro (2014-08-25). "February 20 will mark the Day of the Heavenly Hundred Heroes". Petro Poroshenko, President of Ukraine: Official website. President of Ukraine. Archived from the original on 2015-02-19. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- February 20 to be commemorated as Heavenly Hundred Heroes Day– decree, Interfax-Ukraine (12.02.2015)
- Микола Азаров: демонстрантів могли застрелити провокатори. BBC Ukrainian (in Ukrainian). 23 January 2014. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- Луганський регіонал назвав правильною загибель людей у Києві (in Ukrainian). Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. 3 January 2014. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- Video of snipers shooting people Ukrainska Pravda (in Ukrainian)
- Силовики стріляють бойовими набоями із снайперських гвинтівок та автоматів Калашникова (in Ukrainian). radiosvoboda.org. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- Ukraine crisis: Sniper fires from Ukraine media hotel, BBC News (20 February 2014)
EU imposes Ukraine sanctions after deadly Kiev clashes, BBC News (21 February 2014)
- "Rosjanie próbują ukryć wojska na Krymie przed misją OBWE? Komisja Europejska przyjęła pakiet wsparcia dla Ukrainy. Nawet 11 mld euro".
- More than 70 were killed in Kyiv UNIAN (in Ukrainian)
- Maidan medical service: 70 to 100 poople killed on Thuersday Ukrainska Pravda (in Ukrainian)
- Twenty-two suspects in Maidan shooting probe on wanted list, 13 others to be declared wanted – Ukraine prosecutor, Interfax-Ukraine (9 December 2014)
- Three Ukrainian opposition forces calling to do everything possible to prevent further bloodshed, Interfax-Ukraine (19 February 2014)
- At Maidan they wished farewell to the Heavenly hundreds of perished activists Archived 2014-02-28 at the Wayback Machine. NBNews. February 22, 2014
- Rada confers titles of Heroes of Ukraine on civilians killed in protests, Interfax-Ukraine (24 February 2014)
- "Exclusive: Photographs Expose Russian-Trained Killers in Kiev - The Daily Beast". thedailybeast.com. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- Вербицький, якого викрадали разом з Луценком, мертвий Archived 2014-01-25 at the Wayback Machine, Високий Замок (22 січня 2014)
- "One of the Caucasian mountains may be named after Verbytskyi, Ukrpravda 30.01.2014, in Ukrainian". Life.pravda.com.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- Брат Юрія Вербицького упізнав тіло, знайдене у лісосмузі, Радіо Свобода (22 січня 2014)
- У Бориспільському районі виявлено два трупи зі слідами тортур, Українська правда (22 січня 2014)
- ВЕРБИЦЬКИЙ, ЯКОГО ВИКРАДАЛИ РАЗОМ ІЗ ЛУЦЕНКОМ, МЕРТВИЙ. Українська правда. 22.01.2014
- Подробности смерти «за Майдан»: врачи уверяют, что избитый умер от пневмонии, ГЛАВРЕД (26 грудня 2013)
- "Law enforcement agents beat up a man for the Euromaidan. He died in hospital". Ukrayinska Pravda (in Ukrainian). 24 December 2013. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "В МВД назвали причину гибели мужчины, избитого "за Майдан" : Новости УНИАН". Unian.net. 2013-12-24. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- Ольга Гордиенко (2013-12-24). "Майдан как повод для убийства (обновлено) : Новости УНИАН". Unian.net. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- The name of a person killed on Hryshevskyi street became known (ВІДОМО ІМ'Я ЛЮДИНИ, ЯКУ ЗАСТРЕЛИЛИ НА ГРУШЕВСЬКОГО), Ukrpravda, in Ukrainian (22 January 2014)
- Nigoyan family moved to Ukraine as refuges of Nagorno-Karabakh war (Семья погибшего в Киеве активиста Нигояна переехала в Украину, спасаясь от войны в Нагорном Карабахе), Interfax Ukraine (22nd January 2014), in Russian
- "Kyiv composer dedicates two songs to the memory of Nigoyan, Unian 03.02.2014, in Ukrainian". Unian.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "The investigation results of the dead protesters — Ministry of internal affairs (23 January 2014)". Mvs.gov.ua. 2014-01-23. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- TBI. The bodies of gunshot Zhyznevskyi and Nigoyan (shocking videos) Archived 2014-01-25 at the Wayback Machine, ТВі (22 January 2014)
- One of killed in Hrushevskyj clashes was Belorussian, Ukrparvda (22 January 2014)
- "Google Translate". translate.google.com. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- More than 200 people donated blood to save victims of Hrushevsky clashes, Den (Day), 24 January 2014, in Russian
- "EuroMaidan's victims include five killed, many injured and missing". Kyiv Post. Jan 31, 2014.
- Another Euromaidan activist shot on Hrushevsky died. Ukrpravda, 25.01.2014, in Ukrainian
- "В Запорожье убили и сожгли в машине активиста АвтоМайдана | 061.ua - Новости Запорожья". 061.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Список погибших в ходе акций протеста в Украине (январь-март 2014). Дополняется - В списке 115 человек, включая милиционеров. - LB.ua". society.lb.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- ""Факти": Чиста вода, фарби та фантазія - інгредієнти живого малюнку ебру". Fakty.ictv.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Вінницький художник Валерій Брезденюк загинув на Майдані". 0432.ua. 2009-05-07. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Появился первый список погибших (ФАМИЛИИ)". Society.lb.ua. 2014-02-19. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- Амністія | «Слідами революції» цикл розслідувань Громадського, retrieved 2020-03-01
- "Police advance on EuroMaidan at night after government ultimatum (LIVE UPDATES)". Kyiv Post. 18 February 2014.
- "Сьогодні у Броварах ховатимуть жінку, яку вбили на барикадах | Маєш право знати - Бровари". pravo-znaty.org.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "На Інститутській лежать дві мертві людини | Українська правда". Pravda.com.ua. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- "The war on streets of Kyiv, 18 Feb 2014, in Ukrainian". Pravda.com.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Three killed protesters identified". Espreso.tv. 2014-02-18. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Андрій Корчак був на Майдані з листопада | Новини на Gazeta.ua". gazeta.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "На Трухановому острові знайшли тіло активіста – Українська правда". pravda.com.ua. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "UDAR: one killed was 22 year young, the whole hospital was crying, charter97.org from censor.net, in Russian". Charter97.org. 2014-02-19. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- In emergency died a journalist. UNIAN. February 19, 2014
- "У БСП помер журналіст газети "Вести"". INSIDER. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Неизвестные расстреляли журналиста "Вестей" | Киев | Вести". vesti.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- Dziennikarz zastrzelony w Kijowie - nowe fakty (Journalist shot at Kiev - new facts) WP.pl Wiadomości, 2014-02-20 (Internet Archive).
- "Помер журналіст і народний депутат першого скликання Яків Зайко". telekritika.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Оновлений список загиблих під час сутичок в Києві, серед них - журналіст – Українська правда". pravda.com.ua. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- In Kiev from vulytsia Instytutska snipers and gunners are targeting people Archived 2014-02-21 at the Wayback Machine. Svoboda website. February 20, 2014
- "In memoriam of Ihor Kostenko" (in Ukrainian). Wikimedia Ukraine. 23 February 2014.
- Sports newspaper journalist killed in Maidan – editors, Interfax-Ukraine (20 February 2014)
- "В списке умерших на Киевском Майдане есть выходец из Полтавщины". vpoltave.info. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Перегляд публікації :: Новини :: Громадський Простiр". civicua.org. Archived from the original on 24 February 2014. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Вбитого під СБУ Дмитра Пагора ховатимуть завтра | Новини Хмельницького "Є" | ye.ua". ye.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- Bodies of victims. #Euromaidan thru youtube. February 20, 2014
- "Список погибших в ходе акций протеста в Украине (январь-март 2014). Дополняется - В списке 115 человек, включая милиционеров. - LB.ua". society.lb.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Рудки що на Львівщині прощалися з воїном Небесної Сотні Володимиром Жеребним". zik.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Людмила Шеремета | CRIME.in.UA". crime.in.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "В Хмельницком умерла женщина, которую подстрелили во время штурма СБУ - Новости Львова - Женщина получила огнестрельное ранение в голову | СЕГОДНЯ". Segodnya.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Евгений Котляр: на Майдане погиб активист-эколог из Харькова - Евромайдан | KP.UA". kp.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Небесная сотня пополнилась бойцом: активиста Самообороны похитили и убили по дороге домой | CRIME.in.UA". crime.in.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "У пам'ять про загиблих на Майдані назвуть дві вулиці на Черкащині — ПРОЧЕРК.інфо". procherk.info. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Снайпер застрелив беззбройного киянина - Вбивства - Телеканал НТН". ntn.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Кавказский Узел | В Киеве погиб гражданин Грузии Давид Кипиани". kavkaz-uzel.ru. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Не забудем, не простим: "Небесная сотня" (обновляется) | CRIME.in.UA". crime.in.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Jewish Afghan War vet killed fighting in Kiev | The Times of Israel". timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Список загиблих учасників Євромайдану". ukr.net. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Книга пам'яті - Плеханов Олександр Вікторович". pamjat.org. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Книга пам'яті - Пехенько Ігор Олександрович". pamjat.org. Archived from the original on 2014-03-05. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Майдан онлайн: умер еще один активист Майдана". kiev.vgorode.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Поховали закатованого Тараса Слободяна". tv4.te.ua. Archived from the original on 2014-04-09. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Помер ще один активіст Майдану | Новини на Gazeta.ua". gazeta.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Тітушки вбили активіста Майдану". Espreso.tv. 2014-02-28. Archived from the original on 2014-02-28. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "У померлого в лікарні рівненського протестувальника була травма голови | ВСЕ - сайт чесних новин". vse.rv.ua. Archived from the original on 2014-07-09. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Олександр Олександрович Балюк. Небесна Сотня Майдану | Небесна Сотня Майдану". Archived from the original on 2014-03-07. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Зверски убитого крымского татарина звали Решат Аметов. Трое малолетних детей осиротели. ФОТО - Крым, Россия, татары, Украина, Агрессия России против Украины (18.03.14 01:57) « Политика Украины « Новости | Цензор.НЕТ". censor.net.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Mass media: Activist who was beaten by Berkut on colonnade of Dynamo died (ЗМІ: Активіст, побитий "Беркутом" на колонаді "Динамо", помер)". Espresso TV (in Ukrainian). 22 January 2014. Archived from the original on 22 January 2014. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Five killed, at least 300 injured, in police assaults on EuroMaidan protesters". Kyiv Post. 22 January 2014. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- Another protesters is located in hospital in critical condition after a gunshot wound.Mirror Weekly. 22 January 2014
- "На околиці Києва знайшли замерзле тіло, зв'язане по руках і ногах. МВС: смерть не насильницька – Українська правда". pravda.com.ua. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "убийство активистов: В столичной больнице от огнестрельных ранений умер еще один активист, - СМИ - Беркут, избиение, Киев, смерть, стрельба, убийство, евромайдан, Революция в Украине, убийство активистов (30.01.14 08:58) « Политика Украины « Новости | Цензор.НЕТ". censor.net.ua. Archived from the original on 2014-02-21. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "У лікарні від вогнепального поранення помер активіст з Грушевського - джерело - "Факти"". fakty.ictv.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Под Киевом нашли обезображенный труп ещё одного евромайдановца, – ВК "Наступление" | СЛЕД.net.ua". sled.net.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Під Києвом знайшли труп ще одного євромайданівця - ВК "Наступ". Інформаційне агентство Українські Національні Новини (УНН). Всі онлайн новини дня в Україні за сьогодні - найсвіжіші, останні, головні". unn.com.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "У МОЗ підтверджують загибель 25 людей (25 dead confirmed by Ministry of Healthcare), in Ukrainian". Pravda.com.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "При штурмі СБУ в Хмельницькому застрелили чоловіка - Новини України на 1+1 - ТСН.ua". tsn.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "#Хмельницький у вогні / #Євромайдан". YouTube. 2014-02-19. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Ukraine death toll rising on Feb. 20 with at least 42 people killed, most by gunshots from police". Kyiv Post. 20 February 2014. Archived from the original on 1 December 2008.
- "Ukraine protesters take back Kiev square". RTÉ News. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- (in Russian) Маргарита Чимирис, Анастасия Браткова (Margarita Chemeris, Anastasia Bratkova). Кто шагает с правой: Радикалы Майдана хотят продолжения революции. Власть называет их провокаторами Archived 2014-04-06 at the Wayback Machine (Who walks right: Maidan radicals want to continue revolution. Authorities call them provocateurs), Internet-newspaper Vesti.ua, № 12(30), 4–10 April 2014.
- Radical protesters burst into Party of Regions' Kyiv office, Kyiv Post, February 18, 2014.
- "Ukrainian detectives say killings of two police officers not linked to protests". Kyiv Post. Jan 31, 2014.
- Law officer who worked on Hrushevskoho died from heart attack, - Zakharchenko.Radio Svoboda. January 30, 2014
- "Ukraine police storm main Kiev protest camp". BBC. 18 February 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "ВІТАЛІЙ ЗАХАРЧЕНКО: "У ПОДІЯХ В КИЄВІ ВИННІ БЕЗВІДПОВІДАЛЬНІ ПОЛІТИКИ". MVS Ukraine. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Fedyukin Andrej Vasiljevich" Check
|url=value (help). Ministry of Internal Affairs, for the Crimean Republic.
- "На 17 марта - 120 погибших на Майдане и по Украине. СПИСОК - Клюев, санкции, Янукович, Люстрация палачей Майдана (18.03.14 01:20) « Политика Украины « Новости | Цензор.НЕТ". censor.net.ua. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine established the order of the Characters hundreds of Heaven, news.rin.ru (1 July 2014)
- Memorial to heroes of Heavenly Hundred might be opened by anniversary of tragic events on Maidan, Kyiv Post (24 April 2014)
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted the Law “On amendments to article 7 of the Law of Ukraine “On National Awards of Ukraine” (re establishing the order of the Heavenly Hundred Heroes), Verkhovna Rada (1 July 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) The Council established the Order of Heroes Hundreds of Heaven, Ukrayinska Pravda (1 July 2014)
- Ukrainian President dissolves Parliament, announces early elections, United Press International (25 August 2014)
Ukraine's Petro Poroshenko Dissolves Parliament, Sets Election Date, The Moscow Times (26 August 2014)
Poroshenko, Petro (2014-08-25). "President's address on the occasion of early parliamentary elections of October 26". Petro Poroshenko, President of Ukraine: Official website. President of Ukraine. Archived from the original on 2014-08-29. Retrieved 2014-10-29.
We must begin purification from the highest legislative body. [...] Current composition of Parliament has been the mainstay of Yanukovych for 1.5 years. [...] The majority of these MPs voted for dictatorial laws that took the lives of Nebesna Sotnya.
- Kyiv Council renames part of Instytutska Street into Heavenly Hundred Heroes Avenue, Interfax-Ukraine (20 November 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) The National Council will scrutinize five TV channels, Glavcom (14 March 2019)
- Instead of downed Lenin, in Poltava will be place to honor the Heroes of Maidan. 1+1 website. 23 February 2014
- In the Cold Ravine installed the first monument in Ukraine dedicated to "the Heavenly Hundred". Prostir Museum. 6 April 2014
- There consecrated a commemorative landmark to the Heavenly Hundred. Dubno city council website. 6 May 2014
- In the US appeared a monument to the Heroes of Maidan Archived 2015-09-23 at the Wayback Machine. Ukrinform. 22 September 2015
Media related to People killed during Euromaidan at Wikimedia Commons
- Website dedicated to the death protesters