List of people pardoned by George W. Bush
- 1 Definitions
- 2 Pardons and commutations
- 2.1 Pardons
- 2.1.1 December 20, 2002
- 2.1.2 November 5, 2003
- 2.1.3 February 14, 2004
- 2.1.4 May 20, 2004
- 2.1.5 July 6, 2004
- 2.1.6 November 17, 2004
- 2.1.7 December 21, 2004
- 2.1.8 March 3, 2005
- 2.1.9 June 8, 2005
- 2.1.10 September 28, 2005
- 2.1.11 December 20, 2005
- 2.1.12 April 18, 2006
- 2.1.13 August 15, 2006
- 2.1.14 December 21, 2006
- 2.1.15 December 10, 2007
- 2.1.16 March 24, 2008
- 2.1.17 November 24, 2008
- 2.1.18 January 1, 2009
- 2.2 Commutations
- 2.1 Pardons
- 3 See also
- 4 Sources
- 5 External links
A commutation means a mitigation of the sentence of someone currently serving a sentence for a crime pursuant to a conviction, without vacating the conviction itself.
Pardons and commutations
This is the list of people pardoned or clemenced by a United States president, ordered by date of pardon or commutation.
December 20, 2002
|Kenneth Franklin Copley||M. D. Tenn.||1962||Manufacturing untaxed whiskey, 26 U.S.C. §§ , , , , , and .|
|Harlan Paul Dobas||W. D. Wash.||1966||Conspiracy, .|
|Stephen James Jackson||E. D. La.||1993||Altering the odometer of a motor vehicle, 15 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Douglas Harley Rogers||E. D. Wis.||1957||Failure to submit to induction into the Armed Forces of the United States; 50 App. U.S.C. § 451 et seq.|
|Walter Fred Schuerer||N. D. Iowa.||1989||Making a false statement to the Social Security Administration regarding his employment; 18 U.S.C. § 1001.|
|Paul Herman Wieser||W. D. Wash.||1972||Theft from an interstate shipment, 18 U.S.C. § 695.|
|Olgen Williams||S. D. Ind.||1971||Theft from the mail by a postal employee, iou 18 U.S.C. § 1709.|
November 5, 2003
|Bruce Louis Bartos||S. D. Fla.||1987||Transportation of a machine gun in foreign commerce, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Brianna Lea Haney||W. D. Wash.||1991||Failure to report monetary instruments, 31 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|David Custer Heaston||D. Nev.||1988||False statement, .|
|Michael Robert Moelter||W. D. Wis.||1988||Conducting an illegal gambling business, 18 U.S.C. § 1955.|
February 14, 2004
|David B. McCall, Jr.||E. D. Tex.||1997||False entry in bank books and aiding and abetting, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
May 20, 2004
|Paul Jude Donnici||W. D. Mo.||1993||Use of a telephone in the transmission of wagering information, 18 U.S.C. § 1084.|
|Samuel Wattie Guerry||D. So. Car.||1994||Food stamp fraud, .|
|Charles E. Hamilton||W. D. Wash.||1989||Mail fraud, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Kenneth Lynn Norris||W. D. Okla.||1993||Unlawful disposal of hazardous waste, and 18 U.S.C. § 2.|
|Johnson Heyward Tisdale||D. So. Car.||1994||Food stamp fraud, .|
July 6, 2004
|Anthony John Curreri||E. D. Wis.||1976||Mail fraud, 18 U.S.C. § 1341.|
|Craven Wilford McLemore||W. D. Okla.||1983||Conspiracy to defraud the United States and Caddo County, 18 U.S.C. § 371.|
November 17, 2004
|Meredith Elizabeth Casares||D. Kan.||1989||Embezzlement of U.S. Postal Service funds, 18 U.S.C. § 641.|
|Gerald Douglas Ficke||D. Neb.||1992||Structuring currency transactions to evade reporting requirements, 31 U.S.C. §§ and and 18 U.S.C. § 2.|
|Richard Arthur Morse||S. D. Miss.||1963||Interstate transportation of a stolen motor vehicle, 18 U.S.C. § 2312.|
|Fred Dale Pitzer||S. D. Ohio||1976||Interstate transportation of falsely made securities, 18 U.S.C. § 2314.|
|Cecil John Rhodes||N. D. Tex||1981||Making a materially false statement in a loan application to a federally insured bank, .|
|Russell Don Sell||D. Kan.||1995||Aiding and abetting the making of a false statement to a credit institution, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
December 21, 2004
|Kristan Diane Akins, fka Kristan Diane Bullock and Kristan D. Wheeler||E. D. No. Car.||1990||Embezzlement by a bank employee, .|
|Ronald William Cauley||D. Rhode Island||1980||Misapplication of bank funds by an employee, .|
|Stephen Davis Simmons||W. D. Tex.||1981||Possession of counterfeit obligations,.|
|Roger Charles Weber||C. D. Calif.||1969||Theft from an interstate shipment, .|
March 3, 2005
|Alan Dale Austin||W. D. Tex.||1987||Misapplication of mortgage funds, .|
|Charles Russell Cooper||D. So. Car.||1959||Bootlegging, 26 U.S.C. §§ , , , and .|
|Joseph Daniel Gavin||U.S. Army general court-martial||1984||Failure to obey an order, drunk and disorderly in quarters, communicating a threat, disrespect to a superior commissioned officer, assault, damage to government property, resisting apprehension, Articles 89, 92, 95, 108, 128, and 134, UCMJ.|
|Raul Marin||W. D. Tex.||1982||Failure to appear, .|
|Ernest Rudnet||E. D. N. Y.||1992||Conspiracy to file false tax returns, .|
|Gary L. Saltzburg||D. New Mex.||1995||Theft of government property, .|
|David Lloyd St. Croix||D. No. Dak.||1989||Disposing of stolen explosives, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Joseph William Warner||D. So. Dak.||1995||Arson, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
June 8, 2005
|David Thomas Billmyer||U.S. Air Force special court-martial||1978 (approved in 1979)||Making a false claim, Article 132, UCMJ.|
|William Charles Davis||M. D. Fla.||1983||Income tax evasion, .|
|Richard Ardell Krueger||D. So. Car.
D. So. Car.
|Mail fraud, .
Furnishing false information on a Housing and Urban Development loan application, .
|Michael Mark McLaughlin||D. New Hamp.||1983 (sentence modified in 1984)||Conspiracy to commit mail fraud and mail fraud, 18 U.S.C. §§ , , and 1341.|
|Billie Curtis Moore||E. D. Mich.||1977||Income tax evasion, .|
|James Edward Reed||N. D. Tex.||1975||Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute marijuana, .|
|Scott LaVerne Sparks||D. So. Car.||1989||Theft of government property, .|
September 28, 2005
|Gene Armand Bridger||W. D. Mich.||1963||Conspiracy to commit mail fraud and mail fraud, 18 U.S.C. §§ , , .|
|Cathryn Iline Clasen-Gage||N. D. Tex.||1992||Misprision of felony, .|
|Thomas Kimble Collinsworth||W. D. Ark.||1989||Receipt of a stolen motor vehicle transported in interstate commerce, .|
|Morris F. Cranmer, Jr.||E. D. Ark.||1988||Making materially false statements to a federally insured lending institution, .|
|Rusty Lawrence Elliott||W. D. Mo.||1991||Making counterfeit Federal Reserve notes, .|
|Adam Wade Graham||D. Wyo.||1992||Conspiracy to deliver 10 or more grams of LSD, 21 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|Rufus Edward Harris||1. M. D. Ga.
2. N. D. Ga.
|1. Possession of tax-unpaid whiskey, 26 U.S.C. §§ and .
2. Possession and selling tax-unpaid whiskey, 26 U.S.C. §§ , , and .
|Jesse Ray Harvey||S. D. W. Va.||1990||Property damage by use of explosives and destruction of an energy facility, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Larry Paul Lenius||D. No. Dak.||1989||Conspiracy to distribute cocaine, .|
|Larry Lee Lopez||M. D. Fla.||1985||Conspiracy to import marijuana, 21 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Bobbie Archie Maxwell||M. D. Ga.||1962||Mailing a threatening letter, .|
|Denise Bitters Mendelkow||D. Utah||1981||Embezzlement by a bank employee, .|
|Michael John Pozorski||W. D. Wis.||1988||Unlawful possession of an unregistered firearm, 26 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Mark Lewis Weber||U.S. Air Force general court-martial||1981||Selling Quaalude tablets (one specification) and selling, using, and possessing marijuana (three specifications), Articles 92 and 134, UCMJ.|
December 20, 2005
|Carl Eugene Cantrell||E. D. Tenn.||1967||Violation of Internal Revenue Service liquor laws, 26 U.S.C. §§ 2601 et seq.|
|Charles Winston Carter||S. (now Central) D. Ill.||1964||Conspiracy to steal property of the United States, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Harper James Finucan||D. So. Car.||1980||Possession with intent to distribute marijuana, 21 U.S.C. 841|a|1.|
|Bobby Frank Kay, Sr.||E. D. Va.||1959||Operation of an illegal distillery, 26 U.S.C. §§ , , , , and .|
|Melvin L. McKee||D. Nev.||1982||Conspiracy to make and cause the making of false statements in loan applications; aiding and abetting the making of a materially false statement in a loan application, 18 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|Charles Elis McKinley||M. D. Tenn.||1950||Violation of Internal Revenue Service liquor laws, (as in effect in 1950).|
|Donald Lee Pendergrass||S. D. Calif.||1964||Bank robbery by use of a dangerous weapon, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Charles Blurford Power||N. D. Ga.||1948||Interstate transportation of a stolen motor vehicle, 18 U.S.C. §408 (1940 edition).|
|John Gregory Schillace||E. D. La.||1988||Conspiracy to possess cocaine with intent to distribute, .|
|Wendy Rose St. Charles, fka Wendy Rose St. Charles Holmes||N. D. Ill.||1984||Conspiracy to conduct a narcotics enterprise, and distribution of cocaine, and .|
|Jimmy Lee Williams||N. D. Tex.||1995||False statement on a loan application, .|
April 18, 2006
|Patrick Harold Ackerman||D. Ore.||1980||Filing false statements,.|
|Karen Marie Edmonson||D. Minn.||1978||Distribution of methamphetamine,.|
|Anthony Americo Franchi||D. Mass.||1983||Income tax evasion, .|
|Timothy Mark Freudenthal||E. D. Wis.||1985||Conspiracy to introduce imported merchandise into commerce of the United States, .|
|George Anderson Glenn||U.S. Army general court-martial||1956||Conspiracy to commit larceny and larceny, Articles 81 and 121, UCMJ|
|Mark Reuben Hale||E. D. Tex.||1991||Savings and Loan fraud,.|
|Kenneth Ward Hill||N. D. Miss.||1992||Attempted tax evasion, .|
|Margaret Ann Leggett||E. D. Ark.||1981||Conspiracy to defraud the United States by making false claims for income tax refunds, .|
|Elke Margarethe Mikaelian||D. New Mex.||1993||Misprision of felony,.|
|Karl Bruce Weber||N. D. Fla.||1985||Possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, .|
|Carl Manar White||E. D. Okla.||1983||Conspiracy to defraud the United States and Pittsburgh County, Oklahoma, by tax evasion and mail fraud, .|
August 15, 2006
|James Leon Adams||D. So. Car.||1976||Selling firearms to out-of-state residents and falsifying firearms records, 18 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|Tony Dale Ashworth||D. So. Car.||1989||Unlawful transfer of a firearm, 26 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Randall Leece Deal||1. N. D. Ga.
2. N. D. Ga
3. N. D. Ga.
|1. Liquor law violation, 26 U.S.C.
2. Liquor law violation, 26 U.S.C.
3. Conspiracy to violate the liquor laws, 26 U.S.C.
|William Henry Eagle||E. D. Ark.||1972||Possessing an unregistered still, carrying on the business of a distiller without giving the required bond, and manufacturing mash on other than lawfully qualified premises, 26 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|Robert Carter Eversole||E. D. Tenn.||1984||Conspiracy to commit theft from an interstate shipment, .|
|Kenneth Clifford Foner||D. Neb.||1991||Conspiracy to impede functions of the FDIC, commit embezzlement as a bank officer, make false entries in the records of an FDIC-insured bank, and commit bank fraud, 18 U.S.C. §§ , , , and .|
|Victoria Diane Frost||W. D. N. Y.||1994||Conspiracy to possess and distribute L-ephedrine hydrochloride, .|
|William Grover Frye||1. U.S. Army general court-martial
2. S. D. Ind.
|1. Absence without leave (two specifications), Article 86, UCMJ (10 U.S.C. § 886), and escape from lawful confinement, Article 95, UCMJ ( ).
2. Sale of a stolen motor vehicle moving in interstate commerce, .
|Stanley Bernard Hamilton||S. D. Miss.||1990||Altering U.S. postal money orders, .|
|Melodie Jean Hebert||D. Rhode Island||1984||Conspiracy to defraud the United States by making false claims, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|James Earnest Kinard, Jr.||D. So. Car.||1984||Failure by a licensed firearms dealer to make appropriate entries in firearms records required to be kept by law (four counts), making false entries by a licensed firearms dealer in firearms records required to be made by law, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Devin Timothy Kruse||U.S. Coast Guard special court-martial||1978||Unauthorized absence, Article 86, UCMJ ().|
|Gerard Murphy||M. D. Fla.||1972||Theft of a motor vehicle from a U.S. Air Force base, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Joseph Matthew Novak||N. D. Ohio||1994||Possession and transfer of an illegal weapon, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|John Louis Ribando||1. C. D. Calif.
2. C. D. Calif.
|1. Possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance (marijuana), 21 U.S.C. §§ .
2. Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute a controlled substance (marijuana), and importing a controlled substance (marijuana), 21 U.S.C. §§ , , , , and .
|Edward Rodriguez Trevino, Jr.||U.S. Navy special court-martial||1997||Larceny, Article 121, UCMJ ().|
|Jerry Dean Walker||W. D. No. Car.||1989||Possession with intent to distribute cocaine, .|
December 21, 2006
|Charles James Allen||D. Md.||1979||Conspiracy to defraud the United States, .|
|William Sidney Baldwin, Sr.||D. So. Car.||1981||Conspiracy to possess marijuana, .|
|Timothy Evans Barfield||E. D. No. Car.||1989||Aiding and abetting false statements in a Small Business Administration loan application,and .|
|Clyde Philip Boudreaux||U.S. Navy general court-martial||1975||Borrowing money from enlisted men, accepting a non-interest-bearing loan from a government contractor, and swearing to a false affidavit, Articles 92, 107, 134, UCMJ.|
|Marie Georgette Ginette Briere||D. P. R.||1982||Possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, .|
|Dale C. Critz, Jr.||M. D. Fla.||1989||Making a false statement,.|
|Mark Allen Eberwine||W. D. Tex.||1985 (as amended in 1986)||Conspiracy to defraud the United States by impeding, impairing, and obstructing the assessment of taxes by the Internal Revenue Service, 18 U.S.C. § 371; false declaration to the grand jury, .|
|Colin Earl Francis||D. Conn.||1993||Accepting a kickback, 41 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|George Thomas Harley||D. New Mex.||1984||Aiding and abetting the distribution of cocaine, 18 U.S.C. § 2and|
|Patricia Ann Hultman||W. D. Pa.||1985||Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute and to distribute cocaine, 21 U.S.C. 846.|
|Eric William Olson||U.S. Army general court-martial||1984||Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute, possession with intent to distribute, possession of, and use of hashish, Articles 81 and 134, UCMJ.|
|Thomas R. Reece||N. D. Ga.||1969||Violating the Internal Revenue Code pertaining to alcohol, .|
|Larry Gene Ross||D. Wyo.||1989||Making false statements in a bank loan application,.|
|Jearld David Swanner||W. D. Okla.||1991||Making false statements in a bank loan application,.|
|James Walter Taylor||E. D. Ark.||1991||Bank fraud,.|
|Janet Theone Upton||D. Nev.||1975||Mail fraud, .|
December 10, 2007
|James Albert Bodendieck, Sr.||S. D. Ill.||1959||Interstate transportation of a stolen vehicle, .|
|Jeffrey James Bruce||D. Haw.||1994||Possession of stolen mail, .|
|Charles Wayne Bryant||N. D. Ga.||1962||Theft of United States mail by employee, .|
|Carleton Gregory Carpenter||M. D. Fla||1981||Making a false representation with respect to information required to be kept in the records of a person holding a federal firearms license, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|John Edward Casto||N. D. W. Va.||1990||Distribution of cocaine,.|
|Jackie Ray Clayborn||W. D. Ark.||1993||Manufacturing marijuana, .|
|Debbie Sue Conklin fka Debbie Sue McAlevy||D. Neb.||1990||Conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine, 21 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Charles Richard Fennell||C. D. Calif.||1995||False statement to a federally insured financial institution,.|
|John Fornaby||S. D. Fla.||1991||Conspiracy to distribute cocaine, .|
|Daniel Ray Freeman||S. D. Ga.||1963||Violation of Internal Revenue Service liquor laws, 26 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Thomas Dee Gandy||N. D. Tex.||1996||Mail fraud affecting a financial institution, .|
|Melton Harrell||N. D. Ga.||1976||Theft of government property and receiving stolen government property,.|
|Paul Dwight Hawkins||M. D. Fla.||1990||Conspiracy to import marijuana, .|
|Roger Paul Ingram||W. D. Tex.||1987||Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute an analogue of a Schedule I controlled substance, 3,4 methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), 21 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|William Lucius Jones, Jr.||N. D. Ala.||1972||Illegal possession of an unregistered firearm,.|
|William Charles Jordan, Jr.||M. D. Pa.||2000||Managing and conducting an illegal gambling business, .|
|Saul Kaplan||M. D. Pa.||1992||Violation of the Federal Election Campaign Act, 2 U.S.C. §§ 437g|d|1|A and 441a|1|A.|
|Billy Joe LaForce||S. D. Tex.||1991||Conspiracy to possess marijuana with intent to distribute, 21 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|Rudolph J. Macejak||N. D. Ill.||1986||Possession of an unregistered firearm, 26 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|John F. McDermott||D. Mass.||1995||Receiving kickbacks in defense procurement contracts, 41 U.S.C. §§ 51-54 and .|
|William James Norman||S. D. Ga.||1970||Possession of an unregistered distillery, 26 U.S.C. §§ and ; carrying on the business of a distiller without giving the required bond, 26 U.S.C. § 5601|a; possession and custody of a still without the required sign outside the premises, 26 U.S.C. § ; working at a distillery without the required sign outside the premises, 26 U.S.C. §§ and ; unlawfully producing distilled spirits from mash and similar material, 26 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Glanus Terrell Osborne||S. D. Ga.||1990||Possession of a stolen motor vehicle,.|
|John Gordon Smith||N. D. Tex.||1988||False statement to a federal agency,.|
|Walter J. Sweeney, III||S. D. Ohio||1993||Attempting to evade income taxes, .|
|Nancy Lynn Thompson||N. D. Fla.||1997||Embezzlement by a bank employee, .|
|Daryl Toney||M. D. Ga.||1993||Misdemeanor theft within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States,.|
|Charles Eddie Trobaugh||M. D. Tenn.||1965||Liquor law violations, 26 U.S.C. §§ , , , , and .|
|Samuel Lewis Whisel||M. D. Pa.||1989||Aiding and abetting the interstate transportation of stolen goods, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Steven Wayne Whitlock||M. D. Fla||1990||Conspiracy to import marijuana, 21 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
March 24, 2008
|William L. Baker||D. Wyo.||1980||Distribution of a controlled substance, 21 U.S.C. §§ 841|a|1, 841|b|2; falsifying records, 21 U.S.C. §§ , .|
|George Francis Bauckham||D. N. J.||1958||Unlawful detention, delay and secretion of mail by postal employee; .|
|Kenneth Charles Britt||D. Kan.||1998||Conspiracy to violate federal and state fish and wildlife laws; .|
|William Bruce Butt||E. D. Ky.||1990||Bank embezzlement; .|
|Mariano Garza Caballero||S. D. Tex.||1984||Dealing in firearms without a federal firearms license; 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Anthony C. Foglio aka Tony Foley||N. D. W. Va.||1996||Distribution of marijuana; .|
|Marvin Robert Foster||D. Rhode Island||1968||False statement in connection with a Federal Housing Administration loan;.|
|Carl Harry Hachmeister||D. Utah||1985||Conspiracy (to commit wire and mail fraud); .|
|William Marcus McDonald||U.S. Air Force general court-martial||1984||Distribution of cocaine, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, use of cocaine, possession of cocaine, use of marijuana; Article 134, U.C.M.J.|
|Robert Michael Milroy||E. D. Va.||1975||Importation of heroin; 21 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|Jerry Lynn Moldenhauer||D. Col.||1994||Knowingly selling migratory bird parts in violation of Migratory Bird Treaty Act; 16 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Thomas Donald Moldenhauer||D. Col.||1994||Knowingly selling migratory bird parts in violation of Migratory Bird Treaty Act; 16 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Richard James Putney, aka Richard James Putney, Jr.||N. D. W. Va.||1996||Aiding and abetting the escape of a prisoner; 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Timothy Alfred Thone||D. Minn.||1987||Making a false statement to the Department of Housing and Urban Development to obtain a mortgage loan;.|
|Lonnie Edward Two Eagle, Sr.||D. S. Dak.||1976||Simple assault committed on an Indian reservation (misdemeanor); 18 U.S.C. §§ and , now 18 U.S.C. § , as re-numbered and amended.|
November 24, 2008
|Leslie Owen Collier||E. D. Mo.||1996||Unauthorized use of a registered pesticide, 7 U.S.C. §§ and ; violation of the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, .|
|Milton Kirk Cordes||D. So. Dak.||1998||Conspiracy to violate the Lacey Act; 18 U.S.C. § , 16 U.S.C. §§ , .|
|Richard Micheal Culpepper||C. D. Ill.||1988||False statements to the United States; .|
|Brenda Jean Dolenz-Helmer||N. D. Tex||1998||Misprision of a felony; .|
|Andrew Foster Harley||U.S. Air Force general court-martial||1985||Wrongful use and distribution of marijuana and cocaine; Article 112a, Uniform Code of Military Justice.|
|Obie Gene Helton||E. D. Tenn.||1983||Unauthorized acquisition of food stamps; 7 U.S.C. § , .|
|Carey C. Hice, Sr.||D. So. Car.||1996||Income tax evasion; and .|
|Geneva Yvonne Hogg||D. So. Car.||1980||Bank embezzlement; .|
|William Hoyle McCright, Jr.||W. D. Tex.||1986||Making false entries, books, reports or statements of bank; .|
|Paul Julian McCurdy||E. D. Okla.||1988||Misapplication of bank funds by a bank officer; .|
|Robert Earl Mohon, Jr.||N. D. Ala.||1987||Conspiracy to distribute marijuana; 21 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Ronald Alan Mohrhoff||C. D. Calif.||1984||Unlawful use of a telephone in furtherance of a narcotics felony, 21 U.S.C. § ; possession of cocaine, .|
|Daniel Figh Pue, III||S. D. Tex.||1996||Illegal treatment, storage, and disposal of a hazardous waste without a permit, 42 U.S.C. § ; illegal transportation of a hazardous waste to an unpermitted facility for storage or disposal, .|
|Orion Lynn Vick||D. Ariz.||1975||Aiding and abetting the theft of government property; 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
January 1, 2009
|William Thomas Alvis, III||N. D. W. Va.||1990||Possession of an unregistered firearm, 26 U.S.C. § ; distribution of cocaine, .|
|John Allen Aregood||S. D. Tex.||1996||Conspiracy to harbor and transport illegal aliens; 18 U.S.C. § , 8 U.S.C. § 1324|a|1|A(ii)(iii).|
|Eric Charles Blanke||S. D. Calif.||1995||Making impressions of obligations of the United States; .|
|Steven Doyle Cavender||N. D. Ala.||1973||Conspiring to import, possess, distribute and dispense marijuana; importing and causing to be imported marijuana; possessing marijuana with intent to distribute; 18 U.S.C. § , 21 U.S.C. §§ , .|
|Marie Elena Eppens||D. Neb.||1992||Conspiracy to distribute and to possess with intent to distribute marijuana; .|
|Lydia Lee Ferguson||D. Ariz.||1990||Aiding and abetting possession of stolen mail; 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Eduviges Duvi Gonzalez-Matsumura||C. D. Calif.||1993||Aiding and abetting embezzlement of bank funds; 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|George Clarence Greene, Jr.||N. D. Ga.||1985||Mail fraud; 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|James Won Hee Kang||N. D. Ill.||1985||Trafficking in counterfeit goods; .|
|Alan Stephen Maiss||E. D. La.||1995||Misprision of a felony; .|
|Richard Harold Miller||N. D. Fla.||1993||Conspiracy to defraud the United States; .|
|Delano Abraham Nixon||D. Kan.||1962||Forging the endorsement on a U.S. Treasury check; .|
|John H. Overholt||D. So. Dak.||1998||Concealment of information affecting Social Security benefits; .|
|Morris Keith Parker||D. So. Car.||1991||Misprision of a felony; .|
|Robert Truman Reece||1. & 2. U.S. Navy summary courts-martial
3. U.S. Navy summary court-martial
|1. & 2. Unauthorized absence.
3. Unauthorized absence; missing ship's movement.
|Donald Edward Roessler||S. D. Ohio||1971||Embezzlement of mail matter by a postal employee; .|
|Charles Thompson Winters||S. D. Fla.||1949||Conspiracy to illegally export, and illegal exportation, of a military aircraft to a foreign country; 18 U.S.C. §§ 88 (1946 ed.) and 371, 22 U.S.C. § , and Presidential Proclamation 2776 (dated March 26, 1948).|
|Issac Robert Toussie||False statements to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, mail fraud; revoked one day later)[irt 1]|
|David Lane Woolsey||D. Utah||1992||Archaeological Resources Protection Act violation; and .|
- Issac Robert Toussie (False statements to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, mail fraud) George W. Bush revoked his pardon after discovering Issac Robert Toussie's father donated US$28,500 to the Republican Party in April.
- Bobby Mac Berry, May 20, 2004 (Conspiracy to manufacture and possess with intent to manufacture marijuana, money laundering)
- Geraldine Gordon, May 20, 2004 (Conspiracy to distribute phencyclidine, distribution of phencyclidine)
- Phillip Anthony Emmert, December 21, 2006 (Conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine)
- Lewis Libby, July 2, 2007 in connect to the Valerie Plame affair (one count of obstruction of justice; two counts of perjury; and one count of making false statements to federal investigators)
- Michael Dwayne Short, December 10, 2007 (Aiding and abetting the distribution of cocaine base)
- Patricia Beckford, March 24, 2008 (Conspiracy and attempt to distribute in excess of 50 grams of crack cocaine)
- John Forté, November 24, 2008 (possession with intent to distribute cocaine and conspiracy to distribute)
- James Russell Harris, November 24, 2008 (convicted in 1993 of cocaine conspiracy, money laundering and bribery)
- Reed Raymond Prior of Des Moines, Iowa, December 23, 2008 (possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute)
- Ignacio Ramos, January 19, 2009 (2006 Shooting and wounding admitted and later convicted drug smuggler Osvaldo Aldrete Dávila and trying to cover up the incident)
- Jose Compean, January 19, 2009 (2006 Shooting and wounding admitted and later convicted drug smuggler Osvaldo Aldrete Dávila and trying to cover up the incident)
- List of people pardoned or clemenced by a United States president
- List of people pardoned by Bill Clinton
- List of people pardoned by George H. W. Bush
- List of people pardoned by Barack Obama
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2003/November/03_opa_607.htm Department of Justice Press Release 11/6/03 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2004/February/04_opa_089.htm Department of Justice Press Release 2/16/04 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2004/May/04_opa_353.htm Department of Justice Press Release 5/21/04 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2004/July/04_opa_468.htm Department of Justice Press Release 7/7/04 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2004/November/04_opa_753.htm Department of Justice Press Release 11/17/04 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2006/August/06_opa_544.html Department of Justice Press Release 12/21/04 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/March/05_opa_095.htm Department of Justice Press Release 3/4/05 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/June/05_opa_311.htm Department of Justice Press Release 6/8/05 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/September/05_opa_509.html Department of Justice Press Release 9/29/05 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/December/05_opa_681.html Department of Justice Press Release 12/20/05 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2006/August/06_opa_544.html Department of Justice Press Release 8/16/06 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071212/ap_on_go_pr_wh/presidential_pardons_glance Archived December 16, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Bush Pardons Do Not Include Scooter Libby CNN, (December 11, 2007) Archived May 12, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Bush Pardons 15 And Commutes Another Associated Pres, (March 25, 2007)
- "Bush Pardons 19, Commutes 1 Sentence". KCCI. KCCI. December 23, 2008. Archived from the original on 2012-02-13. Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- Rutenberg, Jim (November 30, 2008). "Grass-Roots Effort Paves Path to a Pardon". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 2008-12-10. Retrieved May 8, 2010.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2008/December/08-crm-1148.html Department of Justice Press Release 12/23/08 Archived December 26, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Bush Revokes Pardon Issued Tuesday". Archived from the original on 2008-12-26. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- USDOJ: Office of the Pardon Attorney - Commutations Granted by President Bush Archived July 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Bush pardons 14 individuals". Associated Press. November 24, 2008. Archived from the original on 2012-10-25. Retrieved November 24, 2008.
- Free Press staff and wire reports (November 25, 2008). "Detroiter's sentence commuted by Bush". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved January 21, 2009.[dead link]
- Mike Levin and Associated Press (January 19, 2009). "Bush Commutes Sentences for Two Former Border Patrol Agents". Fox News. Archived from the original on 2014-03-19. Retrieved January 21, 2009.
- United States Department of Justice, Office of the Pardon Attorney Pardons Granted by President Bush
- President Grants Pardons To 11, Washington Post, (December 24, 2005)
- Hot Springs Woman Pardoned By President Bush Associated Press, (April 19, 2006)
- Massachusetts man among eleven pardoned by Bush Eyewitness News, (April 19, 2006)
- Washington: Bush Pardons 11 New York Times, (April 19, 2006)
- President Pardons 17 Petty Criminals Washington Post, (August 17, 2006)
- Pardon More Than the Turkey San Francisco Chronicle, (November 23, 2006)
- President Bush Gives Out 16 Pardons, 1 Commutation WCBS Newsradio 880, (December 22, 2006)
- "Constitutional Law of Pardons: Scope and Limits of President's Power" by Samuel T. Morison.
- "Begging Bush's Pardon" by George Lardner, Jr., opinion in the New York Times, February 4, 2008
- "Begging Bush's pardon" by Margaret Colgate Love, opinion in the Los Angeles Times, June 7, 2006
- President's Statement Upon Libby Commutation
- Text of Libby Clemency Grant