List of people pardoned by George W. Bush
- 1 Constitutional authority
- 2 Definitions
- 3 List of people pardoned or granted clemency by the President of the United States
- 4 Pardons issued by George W. Bush
- 4.1 December 20, 2002
- 4.2 November 5, 2003
- 4.3 February 14, 2004
- 4.4 May 20, 2004
- 4.5 July 6, 2004
- 4.6 November 17, 2004
- 4.7 December 21, 2004
- 4.8 March 3, 2005
- 4.9 June 8, 2005
- 4.10 September 28, 2005
- 4.11 December 20, 2005
- 4.12 April 18, 2006
- 4.13 August 16, 2006
- 4.14 December 21, 2006
- 4.15 December 10, 2007
- 4.16 March 24, 2008
- 4.17 November 24, 2008
- 4.18 January 1, 2009
- 5 Commutations issued by George W. Bush
- 6 Commutation issued by George W. Bush as Governor of Texas
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
The pardon powers of the President are outlined in Article Two of the United States Constitution (Section 2, Clause 1), which provides:
The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.
- A pardon is an executive order granting clemency for a conviction, it may be granted "at any point after the...commission" of the crime. As per Justice Department regulations, convicted persons may only apply five or more years after their sentence has been completed. However, the President's power to pardon is not restricted by any temporal constraints except that the crime must have been committed. Its practical effect is the restoration of civil rights and statutory disabilities (i.e., firearm rights, occupational licensing) associated with a past criminal conviction. In rarer cases, such as the pardon of Richard Nixon, a pardon can also halt criminal proceedings and prevent an indictment.
- A commutation is the mitigation of the sentence of someone currently serving a sentence for a crime pursuant to a conviction, without vacating the conviction itself.
List of people pardoned or granted clemency by the President of the United States
A list of people pardoned or granted clemency by the President of the United States, ordered by date of pardon or commutation, is available here: List of people pardoned or granted clemency by the President of the United States.
Pardons issued by George W. Bush
December 20, 2002
|Kenneth Franklin Copley||M. D. Tenn.||1962||Manufacturing untaxed whiskey, 26 U.S.C. §§ , , , , , and .|
|Harlan Paul Dobas||W. D. Wash.||1966||Conspiracy, .|
|Stephen James Jackson||E. D. La.||1993||Altering the odometer of a motor vehicle, 15 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Douglas Harley Rogers||E. D. Wis.||1957||Failure to submit to induction into the Armed Forces of the United States; 50 App. U.S.C. § 451 et seq.|
|Walter Fred Schuerer||N. D. Iowa.||1989||Making a false statement to the Social Security Administration regarding his employment; 18 U.S.C. § 1001.|
|Paul Herman Wieser||W. D. Wash.||1972||Theft from an interstate shipment, 18 U.S.C. § 695.|
|Olgen Williams||S. D. Ind.||1971||Theft from the mail by a postal employee, iou 18 U.S.C. § 1709.|
November 5, 2003
|Bruce Louis Bartos||S. D. Fla.||1987||Transportation of a machine gun in foreign commerce, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Brianna Lea Haney||W. D. Wash.||1991||Failure to report monetary instruments, 31 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|David Custer Heaston||D. Nev.||1988||False statement, .|
|Michael Robert Moelter||W. D. Wis.||1988||Conducting an illegal gambling business, 18 U.S.C. § 1955.|
February 14, 2004
|David B. McCall, Jr.||E. D. Tex.||1997||False entry in bank books and aiding and abetting, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
May 20, 2004
|Paul Jude Donnici||W. D. Mo.||1993||Use of a telephone in the transmission of wagering information, 18 U.S.C. § 1084.|
|Samuel Wattie Guerry||D. So. Car.||1994||Food stamp fraud, .|
|Charles E. Hamilton||W. D. Wash.||1989||Mail fraud, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Kenneth Lynn Norris||W. D. Okla.||1993||Unlawful disposal of hazardous waste, and 18 U.S.C. § 2.|
|Johnson Heyward Tisdale||D. So. Car.||1994||Food stamp fraud, .|
July 6, 2004
|Anthony John Curreri||E. D. Wis.||1976||Mail fraud, 18 U.S.C. § 1341.|
|Craven Wilford McLemore||W. D. Okla.||1983||Conspiracy to defraud the United States and Caddo County, 18 U.S.C. § 371.|
November 17, 2004
|Chico Aguilar Solis||D. Kan.||2007||Embezzlement of U.S. Postal Service funds, 18 U.S.C. § 641.|
|Gerald Douglas Ficke||D. Neb.||1992||Structuring currency transactions to evade reporting requirements, 31 U.S.C. §§ and and 18 U.S.C. § 2.|
|Richard Arthur Morse||S. D. Miss.||1963||Interstate transportation of a stolen motor vehicle, 18 U.S.C. § 2312.|
|Fred Dale Pitzer||S. D. Ohio||1976||Interstate transportation of falsely made securities, 18 U.S.C. § 2314.|
|Cecil John Rhodes||N. D. Tex||1981||Making a materially false statement in a loan application to a federally insured bank, .|
|Russell Don Sell||D. Kan.||1995||Aiding and abetting the making of a false statement to a credit institution, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
December 21, 2004
|Kristan Diane Akins, fka Kristan Diane Bullock and Kristan D. Wheeler||E. D. No. Car.||1990||Embezzlement by a bank employee, .|
|Ronald William Cauley||D. Rhode Island||1980||Misapplication of bank funds by an employee, .|
|Stephen Davis Simmons||W. D. Tex.||1981||Possession of counterfeit obligations,.|
|Roger Charles Weber||C. D. Calif.||1969||Theft from an interstate shipment, .|
March 3, 2005
|Alan Dale Austin||W. D. Tex.||1987||Misapplication of mortgage funds, .|
|Charles Russell Cooper||D. So. Car.||1959||Bootlegging, 26 U.S.C. §§ , , , and .|
|Joseph Daniel Gavin||U.S. Army general court-martial||1984||Failure to obey an order, drunk and disorderly in quarters, communicating a threat, disrespect to a superior commissioned officer, assault, damage to government property, resisting apprehension, Articles 89, 92, 95, 108, 128, and 134, UCMJ.|
|Raul Marin||W. D. Tex.||1982||Failure to appear, .|
|Ernest Rudnet||E. D. N. Y.||1992||Conspiracy to file false tax returns, .|
|Gary L. Saltzburg||D. New Mex.||1995||Theft of government property, .|
|David Lloyd St. Croix||D. No. Dak.||1989||Disposing of stolen explosives, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Joseph William Warner||D. So. Dak.||1995||Arson, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
June 8, 2005
|David Thomas Billmyer||U.S. Air Force special court-martial||1978 (approved in 1979)||Making a false claim, Article 132, UCMJ.|
|William Charles Davis||M. D. Fla.||1983||Income tax evasion, .|
|Richard Ardell Krueger||D. So. Car.
D. So. Car.
|Mail fraud, .|
Furnishing false information on a Housing and Urban Development loan application, .
|Michael Mark McLaughlin||D. New Hamp.||1983 (sentence modified in 1984)||Conspiracy to commit mail fraud and mail fraud, 18 U.S.C. §§ , , and 1341.|
|Billie Curtis Moore||E. D. Mich.||1977||Income tax evasion, .|
|James Edward Reed||N. D. Tex.||1975||Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute marijuana, .|
|Scott LaVerne Sparks||D. So. Car.||1989||Theft of government property, .|
September 28, 2005
|Gene Armand Bridger||W. D. Mich.||1963||Conspiracy to commit mail fraud and mail fraud, 18 U.S.C. §§ , , .|
|Cathryn Iline Clasen-Gage||N. D. Tex.||1992||Misprision of felony, .|
|Thomas Kimble Collinsworth||W. D. Ark.||1989||Receipt of a stolen motor vehicle transported in interstate commerce, .|
|Morris F. Cranmer, Jr.||E. D. Ark.||1988||Making materially false statements to a federally insured lending institution, .|
|Rusty Lawrence Elliott||W. D. Mo.||1991||Making counterfeit Federal Reserve notes, .|
|Adam Wade Graham||D. Wyo.||1992||Conspiracy to deliver 10 or more grams of LSD, 21 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|Rufus Edward Harris||1. M. D. Ga.
2. N. D. Ga.
|1. Possession of tax-unpaid whiskey, 26 U.S.C. §§ and .|
2. Possession and selling tax-unpaid whiskey, 26 U.S.C. §§ , , and .
|Jesse Ray Harvey||S. D. W. Va.||1990||Property damage by use of explosives and destruction of an energy facility, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Larry Paul Lenius||D. No. Dak.||1989||Conspiracy to distribute cocaine, .|
|Larry Lee Lopez||M. D. Fla.||1985||Conspiracy to import marijuana, 21 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Bobbie Archie Maxwell||M. D. Ga.||1962||Mailing a threatening letter, .|
|Denise Bitters Mendelkow||D. Utah||1981||Embezzlement by a bank employee, .|
|Michael John Pozorski||W. D. Wis.||1988||Unlawful possession of an unregistered firearm, 26 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Mark Lewis Weber||U.S. Air Force general court-martial||1981||Selling Quaalude tablets (one specification) and selling, using, and possessing marijuana (three specifications), Articles 92 and 134, UCMJ.|
December 20, 2005
|Carl Eugene Cantrell||E. D. Tenn.||1967||Violation of Internal Revenue Service liquor laws, 26 U.S.C. §§ 2601 et seq.|
|Charles Winston Carter||S. (now Central) D. Ill.||1964||Conspiracy to steal property of the United States, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Harper James Finucan||D. So. Car.||1980||Possession with intent to distribute marijuana, 21 U.S.C. 841|a|1.|
|Bobby Frank Kay, Sr.||E. D. Va.||1959||Operation of an illegal distillery, 26 U.S.C. §§ , , , , and .|
|Melvin L. McKee||D. Nev.||1982||Conspiracy to make and cause the making of false statements in loan applications; aiding and abetting the making of a materially false statement in a loan application, 18 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|Charles Elis McKinley||M. D. Tenn.||1950||Violation of Internal Revenue Service liquor laws, (as in effect in 1950).|
|Donald Lee Pendergrass||S. D. Calif.||1964||Bank robbery by use of a dangerous weapon, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Charles Blurford Power||N. D. Ga.||1948||Interstate transportation of a stolen motor vehicle, 18 U.S.C. §408 (1940 edition).|
|John Gregory Schillace||E. D. La.||1988||Conspiracy to possess cocaine with intent to distribute, .|
|Wendy Rose St. Charles, fka Wendy Rose St. Charles Holmes||N. D. Ill.||1984||Conspiracy to conduct a narcotics enterprise, and distribution of cocaine, and .|
|Jimmy Lee Williams||N. D. Tex.||1995||False statement on a loan application, .|
April 18, 2006
|Patrick Harold Ackerman||D. Ore.||1980||Filing false statements,.|
|Karen Marie Edmonson||D. Minn.||1978||Distribution of methamphetamine,.|
|Anthony Americo Franchi||D. Mass.||1983||Income tax evasion, .|
|Timothy Mark Freudenthal||E. D. Wis.||1985||Conspiracy to introduce imported merchandise into commerce of the United States, .|
|George Anderson Glenn||U.S. Army general court-martial||1956||Conspiracy to commit larceny and larceny, Articles 81 and 121, UCMJ|
|Mark Reuben Hale||E. D. Tex.||1991||Savings and Loan fraud,.|
|Kenneth Ward Hill||N. D. Miss.||1992||Attempted tax evasion, .|
|Margaret Ann Leggett||E. D. Ark.||1981||Conspiracy to defraud the United States by making false claims for income tax refunds, .|
|Elke Margarethe Mikaelian||D. New Mex.||1993||Misprision of felony,.|
|Karl Bruce Weber||N. D. Fla.||1985||Possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, .|
|Carl Manar White||E. D. Okla.||1983||Conspiracy to defraud the United States and Pittsburgh County, Oklahoma, by tax evasion and mail fraud, .|
August 16, 2006
Department of Justice Immediate Release
|James Leon Adams||D. So. Car.||1976||Selling firearms to out-of-state residents and falsifying firearms records, 18 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|Tony Dale Ashworth||D. So. Car.||1989||Unlawful transfer of a firearm, 26 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Randall Leece Deal||1. N. D. Ga.
2. N. D. Ga
3. N. D. Ga.
|1. Liquor law violation, 26 U.S.C.|
2. Liquor law violation, 26 U.S.C.
3. Conspiracy to violate the liquor laws, 26 U.S.C.
|William Henry Eagle||E. D. Ark.||1972||Possessing an unregistered still, carrying on the business of a distiller without giving the required bond, and manufacturing mash on other than lawfully qualified premises, 26 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|Robert Carter Eversole||E. D. Tenn.||1984||Conspiracy to commit theft from an interstate shipment, .|
|Kenneth Clifford Foner||D. Neb.||1991||Conspiracy to impede functions of the FDIC, commit embezzlement as a bank officer, make false entries in the records of an FDIC-insured bank, and commit bank fraud, 18 U.S.C. §§ , , , and .|
|Victoria Diane Frost||W. D. N. Y.||1994||Conspiracy to possess and distribute L-ephedrine hydrochloride, .|
|William Grover Frye||1. U.S. Army general court-martial
2. S. D. Ind.
|1. Absence without leave (two specifications), Article 86, UCMJ (10 U.S.C. § 886), and escape from lawful confinement, Article 95, UCMJ ( ).|
2. Sale of a stolen motor vehicle moving in interstate commerce, .
|Stanley Bernard Hamilton||S. D. Miss.||1990||Altering U.S. postal money orders, .|
|Melodie Jean Hebert||D. Rhode Island||1984||Conspiracy to defraud the United States by making false claims, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|James Ernest Kinard, Jr.||D. So. Car.||1984||Failure by a licensed firearms dealer to make appropriate entries in firearms records required to be kept by law (four counts), making false entries by a licensed firearms dealer in firearms records required to be made by law, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Devin Timothy Kruse||U.S. Coast Guard special court-martial||1978||Unauthorized absence, Article 86, UCMJ ().|
|Gerard Murphy||M. D. Fla.||1972||Theft of a motor vehicle from a U.S. Air Force base, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Joseph Matthew Novak||N. D. Ohio||1994||Possession and transfer of an illegal weapon, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|John Louis Ribando||1. C. D. Calif.
2. C. D. Calif.
|1. Possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance (marijuana), 21 U.S.C. §§ .|
2. Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute a controlled substance (marijuana), and importing a controlled substance (marijuana), 21 U.S.C. §§ , , , , and .
|Edward Rodriguez Trevino, Jr.||U.S. Navy special court-martial||1997||Larceny, Article 121, UCMJ ().|
|Jerry Dean Walker||W. D. No. Car.||1989||Possession with intent to distribute cocaine, .|
December 21, 2006
|Charles James Allen||D. Md.||1979||Conspiracy to defraud the United States, .|
|William Sidney Baldwin, Sr.||D. So. Car.||1981||Conspiracy to possess marijuana, .|
|Timothy Evans Barfield||E. D. No. Car.||1989||Aiding and abetting false statements in a Small Business Administration loan application,and .|
|Clyde Philip Boudreaux||U.S. Navy general court-martial||1975||Borrowing money from enlisted men, accepting a non-interest-bearing loan from a government contractor, and swearing to a false affidavit, Articles 92, 107, 134, UCMJ.|
|Marie Georgette Ginette Briere||D. P. R.||1982||Possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, .|
|Dale C. Critz, Jr.||M. D. Fla.||1989||Making a false statement,.|
|Mark Allen Eberwine||W. D. Tex.||1985 (as amended in 1986)||Conspiracy to defraud the United States by impeding, impairing, and obstructing the assessment of taxes by the Internal Revenue Service, 18 U.S.C. § 371; false declaration to the grand jury, .|
|Colin Earl Francis||D. Conn.||1993||Accepting a kickback, 41 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|George Thomas Harley||D. New Mex.||1984||Aiding and abetting the distribution of cocaine, 18 U.S.C. § 2and|
|Patricia Ann Hultman||W. D. Pa.||1985||Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute and to distribute cocaine, 21 U.S.C. 846.|
|Eric William Olson||U.S. Army general court-martial||1984||Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute, possession with intent to distribute, possession of, and use of hashish, Articles 81 and 134, UCMJ.|
|Thomas R. Reece||N. D. Ga.||1969||Violating the Internal Revenue Code pertaining to alcohol, .|
|Larry Gene Ross||D. Wyo.||1989||Making false statements in a bank loan application,.|
|Jearld David Swanner||W. D. Okla.||1991||Making false statements in a bank loan application,.|
|James Walter Taylor||E. D. Ark.||1991||Bank fraud,.|
|Janet Theone Upton||D. Nev.||1975||Mail fraud, .|
December 10, 2007
|James Albert Bodendieck, Sr.||S. D. Ill.||1959||Interstate transportation of a stolen vehicle, .|
|Jeffrey James Bruce||D. Haw.||1994||Possession of stolen mail, .|
|Charles Wayne Bryant||N. D. Ga.||1962||Theft of United States mail by employee, .|
|Carleton Gregory Carpenter||M. D. Fla||1981||Making a false representation with respect to information required to be kept in the records of a person holding a federal firearms license, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|John Edward Casto||N. D. W. Va.||1990||Distribution of cocaine,.|
|Jackie Ray Clayborn||W. D. Ark.||1993||Manufacturing marijuana, .|
|Debbie Sue Conklin fka Debbie Sue McAlevy||D. Neb.||1990||Conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine, 21 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Charles Richard Fennell||C. D. Calif.||1995||False statement to a federally insured financial institution,.|
|John Fornaby||S. D. Fla.||1991||Conspiracy to distribute cocaine, .|
|Daniel Ray Freeman||S. D. Ga.||1963||Violation of Internal Revenue Service liquor laws, 26 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Thomas Dee Gandy||N. D. Tex.||1996||Mail fraud affecting a financial institution, .|
|Melton Harrell||N. D. Ga.||1976||Theft of government property and receiving stolen government property,.|
|Paul Dwight Hawkins||M. D. Fla.||1990||Conspiracy to import marijuana, .|
|Roger Paul Ingram||W. D. Tex.||1987||Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute an analogue of a Schedule I controlled substance, 3,4 methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), 21 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|William Lucius Jones, Jr.||N. D. Ala.||1972||Illegal possession of an unregistered firearm,.|
|William Charles Jordan, Jr.||M. D. Pa.||2000||Managing and conducting an illegal gambling business, .|
|Saul Kaplan||M. D. Pa.||1992||Violation of the Federal Election Campaign Act, 2 U.S.C. §§ 437g|d|1|A and 441a|1|A.|
|Billy Joe LaForce||S. D. Tex.||1991||Conspiracy to possess marijuana with intent to distribute, 21 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|Rudolph J. Macejak||N. D. Ill.||1986||Possession of an unregistered firearm, 26 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|John F. McDermott||D. Mass.||1995||Receiving kickbacks in defense procurement contracts, 41 U.S.C. §§ 51-54 and .|
|William James Norman||S. D. Ga.||1970||Possession of an unregistered distillery, 26 U.S.C. §§ and ; carrying on the business of a distiller without giving the required bond, 26 U.S.C. § 5601|a; possession and custody of a still without the required sign outside the premises, 26 U.S.C. § ; working at a distillery without the required sign outside the premises, 26 U.S.C. §§ and ; unlawfully producing distilled spirits from mash and similar material, 26 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Glanus Terrell Osborne||S. D. Ga.||1990||Possession of a stolen motor vehicle,.|
|John Gordon Smith||N. D. Tex.||1988||False statement to a federal agency,.|
|Walter J. Sweeney, III||S. D. Ohio||1993||Attempting to evade income taxes, .|
|Nancy Lynn Thompson||N. D. Fla.||1997||Embezzlement by a bank employee, .|
|Daryl Toney||M. D. Ga.||1993||Misdemeanor theft within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States,.|
|Charles Eddie Trobaugh||M. D. Tenn.||1965||Liquor law violations, 26 U.S.C. §§ , , , , and .|
|Samuel Lewis Whisel||M. D. Pa.||1989||Aiding and abetting the interstate transportation of stolen goods, 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Steven Wayne Whitlock||M. D. Fla||1990||Conspiracy to import marijuana, 21 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
March 24, 2008
|William L. Baker||D. Wyo.||1980||Distribution of a controlled substance, 21 U.S.C. §§ 841|a|1, 841|b|2; falsifying records, 21 U.S.C. §§ , .|
|George Francis Bauckham||D. N. J.||1958||Unlawful detention, delay and secretion of mail by postal employee; .|
|Kenneth Charles Britt||D. Kan.||1998||Conspiracy to violate federal and state fish and wildlife laws; .|
|William Bruce Butt||E. D. Ky.||1990||Bank embezzlement; .|
|Mariano Garza Caballero||S. D. Tex.||1984||Dealing in firearms without a federal firearms license; 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Anthony C. Foglio aka Tony Foley||N. D. W. Va.||1996||Distribution of marijuana; .|
|Marvin Robert Foster||D. Rhode Island||1968||False statement in connection with a Federal Housing Administration loan;.|
|Carl Harry Hachmeister||D. Utah||1985||Conspiracy (to commit wire and mail fraud); .|
|William Marcus McDonald||U.S. Air Force general court-martial||1984||Distribution of cocaine, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, use of cocaine, possession of cocaine, use of marijuana; Article 134, U.C.M.J.|
|Robert Michael Milroy||E. D. Va.||1975||Importation of heroin; 21 U.S.C. §§ , , and .|
|Jerry Lynn Moldenhauer||D. Col.||1994||Knowingly selling migratory bird parts in violation of Migratory Bird Treaty Act; 16 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Thomas Donald Moldenhauer||D. Col.||1994||Knowingly selling migratory bird parts in violation of Migratory Bird Treaty Act; 16 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Richard James Putney, aka Richard James Putney, Jr.||N. D. W. Va.||1996||Aiding and abetting the escape of a prisoner; 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Timothy Alfred Thone||D. Minn.||1987||Making a false statement to the Department of Housing and Urban Development to obtain a mortgage loan;.|
|Lonnie Edward Two Eagle, Sr.||D. S. Dak.||1976||Simple assault committed on an Indian reservation (misdemeanor); 18 U.S.C. §§ and , now 18 U.S.C. § , as re-numbered and amended.|
November 24, 2008
|Leslie Owen Collier||E. D. Mo.||1996||Unauthorized use of a registered pesticide, 7 U.S.C. §§ and ; violation of the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, .|
|Milton Kirk Cordes||D. So. Dak.||1998||Conspiracy to violate the Lacey Act; 18 U.S.C. § , 16 U.S.C. §§ , .|
|Richard Micheal Culpepper||C. D. Ill.||1988||False statements to the United States; .|
|Brenda Jean Dolenz-Helmer||N. D. Tex||1998||Misprision of a felony; .|
|Andrew Foster Harley||U.S. Air Force general court-martial||1985||Wrongful use and distribution of marijuana and cocaine; Article 112a, Uniform Code of Military Justice.|
|Obie Gene Helton||E. D. Tenn.||1983||Unauthorized acquisition of food stamps; 7 U.S.C. § , .|
|Carey C. Hice, Sr.||D. So. Car.||1996||Income tax evasion; and .|
|Geneva Yvonne Hogg||D. So. Car.||1980||Bank embezzlement; .|
|William Hoyle McCright, Jr.||W. D. Tex.||1986||Making false entries, books, reports or statements of bank; .|
|Paul Julian McCurdy||E. D. Okla.||1988||Misapplication of bank funds by a bank officer; .|
|Robert Earl Mohon, Jr.||N. D. Ala.||1987||Conspiracy to distribute marijuana; 21 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Ronald Alan Mohrhoff||C. D. Calif.||1984||Unlawful use of a telephone in furtherance of a narcotics felony, 21 U.S.C. § ; possession of cocaine, .|
|Daniel Figh Pue, III||S. D. Tex.||1996||Illegal treatment, storage, and disposal of a hazardous waste without a permit, 42 U.S.C. § ; illegal transportation of a hazardous waste to an unpermitted facility for storage or disposal, .|
|Orion Lynn Vick||D. Ariz.||1975||Aiding and abetting the theft of government property; 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
January 1, 2009
|William Thomas Alvis, III||N. D. W. Va.||1990||Possession of an unregistered firearm, 26 U.S.C. § ; distribution of cocaine, .|
|John Allen Aregood||S. D. Tex.||1996||Conspiracy to harbor and transport illegal aliens; 18 U.S.C. § , 8 U.S.C. § 1324|a|1|A(ii)(iii).|
|Eric Charles Blanke||S. D. Calif.||1995||Making impressions of obligations of the United States; .|
|Steven Doyle Cavender||N. D. Ala.||1973||Conspiring to import, possess, distribute and dispense marijuana; importing and causing to be imported marijuana; possessing marijuana with intent to distribute; 18 U.S.C. § , 21 U.S.C. §§ , .|
|Marie Elena Eppens||D. Neb.||1992||Conspiracy to distribute and to possess with intent to distribute marijuana; .|
|Lydia Lee Ferguson||D. Ariz.||1990||Aiding and abetting possession of stolen mail; 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|Eduviges Duvi Gonzalez-Matsumura||C. D. Calif.||1993||Aiding and abetting embezzlement of bank funds; 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|George Clarence Greene, Jr.||N. D. Ga.||1985||Mail fraud; 18 U.S.C. §§ and .|
|James Won Hee Kang||N. D. Ill.||1985||Trafficking in counterfeit goods; .|
|Alan Stephen Maiss||E. D. La.||1995||Misprision of a felony; .|
|Richard Harold Miller||N. D. Fla.||1993||Conspiracy to defraud the United States; .|
|Delano Abraham Nixon||D. Kan.||1962||Forging the endorsement on a U.S. Treasury check; .|
|John H. Overholt||D. So. Dak.||1998||Concealment of information affecting Social Security benefits; .|
|Morris Keith Parker||D. So. Car.||1991||Misprision of a felony; .|
|Robert Truman Reece||1. & 2. U.S. Navy summary courts-martial
3. U.S. Navy summary court-martial
|1. & 2. Unauthorized absence.|
3. Unauthorized absence; missing ship's movement.
|Donald Edward Roessler||S. D. Ohio||1971||Embezzlement of mail matter by a postal employee; .|
|Charles Thompson Winters||S. D. Fla.||1949||Conspiracy to illegally export, and illegal exportation, of a military aircraft to a foreign country; 18 U.S.C. §§ 88 (1946 ed.) and 371, 22 U.S.C. § , and Presidential Proclamation 2776 (dated March 26, 1948).|
|Issac Robert Toussie||False statements to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, mail fraud; revoked one day later)[irt 1]|
|David Lane Woolsey||D. Utah||1992||Archaeological Resources Protection Act violation; and .|
- Issac Robert Toussie (False statements to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, mail fraud) George W. Bush revoked his pardon after discovering Issac Robert Toussie's father donated US$28,500 to the Republican Party in April.
Commutations issued by George W. Bush
- Bobby Mac Berry, May 20, 2004 (Conspiracy to manufacture and possess with intent to manufacture marijuana, money laundering)
- Geraldine Gordon, May 20, 2004 (Conspiracy to distribute phencyclidine, distribution of phencyclidine)
- Phillip Anthony Emmert, December 21, 2006 (Conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine)
- Lewis Libby, July 2, 2007 in connect to the Valerie Plame affair (one count of obstruction of justice; two counts of perjury; and one count of making false statements to federal investigators)
- Michael Dwayne Short, December 10, 2007 (Aiding and abetting the distribution of cocaine base)
- Patricia Beckford, March 24, 2008 (Conspiracy and attempt to distribute in excess of 50 grams of crack cocaine)
- John Forté, November 24, 2008 (possession with intent to distribute cocaine and conspiracy to distribute)
- James Russell Harris, November 24, 2008 (convicted in 1993 of cocaine conspiracy, money laundering and bribery)
- Reed Raymond Prior of Des Moines, Iowa, December 23, 2008 (possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute)
- Ignacio Ramos, January 19, 2009 (2006 Shooting and wounding admitted and later convicted drug smuggler Osvaldo Aldrete Dávila and trying to cover up the incident)
- Jose Compean, January 19, 2009 (2006 Shooting and wounding admitted and later convicted drug smuggler Osvaldo Aldrete Dávila and trying to cover up the incident)
Commutation issued by George W. Bush as Governor of Texas
- Federal pardons in the United States
- List of people pardoned or granted clemency by the President of the United States
- List of people pardoned by George H. W. Bush
- List of people pardoned by Bill Clinton
- List of people granted executive clemency by Barack Obama
- "Ex Parte Garland". LII / Legal Information Institute. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
The power thus conferred is unlimited, with the exception stated. It extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken or during their pendency or after conviction and judgment.
- "USDOJ: Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Executive Clemency". USDOJ.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2003/November/03_opa_607.htm Department of Justice Press Release 11/6/03 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2004/February/04_opa_089.htm Department of Justice Press Release 2/16/04 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2004/May/04_opa_353.htm Department of Justice Press Release 5/21/04 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2004/July/04_opa_468.htm Department of Justice Press Release 7/7/04 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2004/November/04_opa_753.htm Department of Justice Press Release 11/17/04 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2006/August/06_opa_544.html Department of Justice Press Release 12/21/04 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/March/05_opa_095.htm Department of Justice Press Release 3/4/05 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/June/05_opa_311.htm Department of Justice Press Release 6/8/05 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/September/05_opa_509.html Department of Justice Press Release 9/29/05 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/December/05_opa_681.html Department of Justice Press Release 12/20/05 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2006/August/06_opa_544.html Department of Justice Press Release 8/16/06 Archived May 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071212/ap_on_go_pr_wh/presidential_pardons_glance Archived December 16, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Bush Pardons Do Not Include Scooter Libby CNN, (December 11, 2007) Archived May 12, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Bush Pardons 15 And Commutes Another Archived March 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. Associated Pres, (March 25, 2007)
- "Bush Pardons 19, Commutes 1 Sentence". KCCI. KCCI. December 23, 2008. Archived from the original on 2012-02-13. Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- Rutenberg, Jim (November 30, 2008). "Grass-Roots Effort Paves Path to a Pardon". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 2008-12-10. Retrieved May 8, 2010.
- http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2008/December/08-crm-1148.html Department of Justice Press Release 12/23/08 Archived December 26, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Bush Revokes Pardon Issued Tuesday". Archived from the original on 2008-12-26. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- USDOJ: Office of the Pardon Attorney - Commutations Granted by President Bush Archived July 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Bush pardons 14 individuals". Associated Press. November 24, 2008. Archived from the original on 2012-10-25. Retrieved November 24, 2008.
- Free Press staff and wire reports (November 25, 2008). "Detroiter's sentence commuted by Bush". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved January 21, 2009.[dead link]
- Mike Levin and Associated Press (January 19, 2009). "Bush Commutes Sentences for Two Former Border Patrol Agents". Fox News. Archived from the original on 2014-03-19. Retrieved January 21, 2009.
- Bush Commutes Death Sentence
- United States Department of Justice, Office of the Pardon Attorney Pardons Granted by President Bush
- President Grants Pardons To 11, Washington Post, (December 24, 2005)
- Hot Springs Woman Pardoned By President Bush Associated Press, (April 19, 2006)
- Massachusetts man among eleven pardoned by Bush Eyewitness News, (April 19, 2006)
- Washington: Bush Pardons 11 New York Times, (April 19, 2006)
- President Pardons 17 Petty Criminals Associated Press, (August 17, 2006) [https://www.justice.gov/pardon/gwbush-pardons https://www.justice.gov/pardon/gwbush-pardons
- Pardon More Than the Turkey San Francisco Chronicle, (November 23, 2006)
- President Bush Gives Out 16 Pardons, 1 Commutation[permanent dead link] WCBS Newsradio 880, (December 22, 2006)
- "Constitutional Law of Pardons: Scope and Limits of President's Power" by Samuel T. Morison.
- "Begging Bush's Pardon" by George Lardner, Jr., opinion in the New York Times, February 4, 2008
- "Begging Bush's pardon" by Margaret Colgate Love, opinion in the Los Angeles Times, June 7, 2006
- President's Statement Upon Libby Commutation
- Text of Libby Clemency Grant