List of people with an anxiety disorder
Numerous notable people have had some form of anxiety disorder. This is a list of people accompanied by verifiable source associating them with one or more anxiety-based mental health disorders based on their own public statements; this discussion is sometimes tied to the larger topic of creativity and mental illness. In the case of dead people only, individuals with a speculative or retrospective diagnosis should only be listed if they are accompanied by a source reflective of the mainstream, academic view. Individuals should not be added to this list unless the disorder is regularly and commonly mentioned in mainstream, reliable sources.
- Adele, Grammy-winning British singer who suffered from anxiety and panic attacks
- Jessica Alba, American actress who struggled with obsessive–compulsive disorder
- Woody Allen, American film director who struggled with obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Cardi B, American rapper
- Kim Basinger, American actress who suffered from social anxiety
- David Beckham, English footballer who struggled with obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Kristen Bell, American actress who struggles with anxiety
- Earl Campbell, American football player
- Sir Winston Churchill, politician and former British Prime Minister who reportedly suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Carson Daly, American television host, producer, and radio personality
- Paula Deen, American chef who struggled with agoraphobia
- Johnny Depp, American actor
- Cameron Diaz, American actress who suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Oscar-winning American actor who suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Jesse Eisenberg, American actor
- Missy Elliott, American rapper who suffered from anxiety disorder
- George Ezra, British singer-songwriter who struggles with anxiety
- Lady Gaga, American musician and actress who has suffered from depression and anxiety
- Paul Gascoigne, English footballer who suffered with anxiety
- Whoopi Goldberg, American actress and television personality
- Selena Gomez, American singer and actress
- Zack Greinke, American baseball pitcher
- Kendall Jenner, American model and television personality
- Scarlett Johansson, American actress who suffered from anxiety and panic attacks
- Naomi Judd, American country music singer and member of The Judds who struggled with anxiety
- Jennifer Lawrence, Oscar-winning American actress who suffered from anxiety
- Emily Lloyd, English actress who suffered from anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder
- Heather Locklear, American actress and model
- Demi Lovato, American singer
- Kevin Love, American professional basketball player
- Clint Malarchuk, Canadian ice hockey player
- Zayn Malik, English singer and songwriter
- Howie Mandel, Canadian television personality who struggled with obsessive-compulsive disorder
- John Mayer, American singer and musician
- Shawn Mendes, Canadian singer-songwriter who suffered with anxiety disorder
- Lili Reinhart, American actress
- Jon Richardson, English comedian who suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder
- LeAnn Rimes, American country music singer
- Winona Ryder, American actress who suffered from anxiety
- Sarah Silverman, American comedian and actress
- Emma Stone, Oscar-winning American actress who suffered from panic attacks
- Marc Summers, American television personality and game show host who suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Charlize Theron, South African-American actress
- Billy Bob Thornton, American actor and musician who suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Justin Timberlake, American singer and dancer who suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Wil Wheaton, American actor
- Royce White, American basketball player
- Mara Wilson, American author who struggled with obsessive-compulsive disorder
- "Adele takes therapist on tour to help her combat anxiety". 28 February 2016.
- "Jessica Alba". www.depression-guide.com.
- "Woody Allen is an obsessive compulsive". Female First.
- Barr, Sabrina (6 February 2019). "Cardi B and Missy Elliott help to destigmatise anxiety with candid Twitter exchange". The Independent.
- Gloria Goodwin (January 23, 2013). "Kim Basinger's Battle With Social Anxiety". Beyond Anxiety and Depression.
- Maxine Frith (3 April 2006). "Beckham reveals his battle with obsessive disorder". The Independent.
- The Off Camera Show with Sam Jones. "Kristen Bell Explains There Is No Shame In Feeling Anxiety & Depression". YouTube. Retrieved January 29, 2018.
- Downey, Mike (26 September 1999). "A Heartbeat Away From Panic". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- Funk, Liz (15 June 2016). "How Leaders With OCD Leverage Their Coping Skills". Fast Company.
- Frank, Gabrielle (23 March 2018). "Carson Daly does this 1 thing when he feels". Today.
- Moskin, Julia (28 February 2007). "From Phobia to Fame: A Southern Cook's Memoir". The New York Times.
- "25 Famous People With Anxiety Disorder". Keep Your Calm.
- Baria, Zeenia (17 January 2017). "When Leonardo Dicaprio, Cameron Diaz were plagued by OCD". The Times of India.
- Mumford, Gwilym (14 September 2018). "Jesse Eisenberg on Woody Allen, anxiety and fatherhood: 'Now I get to worry about something visible'". The Guardian.
- Reilly, Nick (19 January 2018). "George Ezra returns with comeback single 'Paradise'". NME. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Bailey, Eileen (7 August 2008). "Celebrities with Anxiety: Harrison Ford: Fear of Public Speaking". HealthCentral.
- Billboard (2015-10-15). "Lady Gaga on Born This Way Foundation, Suffering From Depression". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- Armstrong, Jeremy (11 February 2013). ""Hallucinations, tremors, insomnia, anxiety and paranoia": Gazza's detox hell".
- Orzessek, Eli (15 May 2018). "Flying away from fear: Overcoming a phobia of air travel". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Selena Gomez Gets Real About Anxiety—And How Therapy Changed Everything". Vogue. 16 March 2017. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- Berg, Ted (8 March 2018). "Zack Greinke: 'Every year, I get nervous that it's not working good enough'". For The Win. USA Today Sports. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- Heller, Corinne (2 December 2015). "Colton Haynes Talks About Battling Anxiety and Agoraphobia". E! Online. Retrieved 5 April 2019.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (2 April 2019). "Taraji P. Henson Reveals She Suffers From Depression and Still Faces Pay Inequality". Variety. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- O'Malley, Katie (7 August 2018). "Kendall Jenner Reveals She Was On The 'Verge Of A Mental Breakdown' In 2017". ELLE. Retrieved 10 May 2019.
- "Scarlett Johansson's anxiety attacks". Female First.
- Dawn, Randee (5 December 2017). "Naomi Judd reveals she considered suicide while in 'dark hole of depression'". Today.
- "Nicole: My battle with panic attacks". Evening Standard. 19 March 2002.
- Bode, Lucy (21 September 2017). "Jennifer Lawrence's Confession About Anxiety Is Something We Can All Relate To". womenshealth.com.au.
- "Emily Lloyd: I've beaten depression, drugs, Tourette's and obsessive compulsive disorder". Daily Mirror. 11 May 2013.
- News, A. B. C. (26 June 2008). "Locklear in Care for Anxiety, Depression". ABC News.
- Lewis, Amy (28 June 2016). "Demi Lovato on overcoming her anxiety and body image anguish". Women's Health. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- Shultz, Alex (9 May 2019). "Kevin Love on How to Find the Right Therapist, and What to Do If You Can't Afford One". GQ. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Gulitti, Tom (15 March 2017). "Clint Malarchuk has new lease on life". NHL. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- Malik, Zayn (31 October 2016). "Why I Went Public With My Anxiety". Time. Retrieved 10 May 2019.
- News, A. B. C. (1 December 2009). "Howie Mandel 'Deals' Publicly With OCD". ABC News.
- "Famous People Get Anxious, Too - Mental Health Awareness". Everyday Health.
- "Shawn Mendes admits undergoing secret therapy sessions to combat anxiety". The Sun. 19 April 2018.
- "Donny Osmond Confronts Panic - 48 Hours". CBS News. 24 February 2000. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Willis, Jackie (12 October 2017). "Michelle Pfeiffer Opens Up About Her Social Anxiety, Admits She First Found Fame 'Terrifying'". Entertainment Tonight.
- Framke, Caroline (28 August 2018). "Why Lili Reinhart Isn't Afraid to Speak Out on Mental Health and Body Issues". Variety. Retrieved 10 May 2019.
- Sherlock, Gemma (15 June 2016). "Jon Richardson returns to Morecambe Winter Gardens for Lancaster hospice". The Visitor.
- Abbey, Jennifer. "LeAnn Rimes and Other Stars Open Up About Anxiety Struggle". Disney–ABC Television Group. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- "Winona Ryder opens up about her depression and anxiety". Dazed. 8 August 2016.
- Field, Genevieve (13 October 2015). "Sarah Silverman Opens Up About Her Battle With Depression and Her Gutsiest Career Move Yet". Glamour.
- Gonzalez, Sandra (2 October 2018). "Emma Stone opens up about ongoing battle with anxiety". CNN. Retrieved 10 May 2019.
- Snyder, Chris (9 June 2017). "Here's what 'Double Dare' host Marc Summers is up to today". Business Insider.
- Griffiths, Emmy (12 April 2017). "Charlize Theron on how her kids have helped with her anxiety". Hello!.
- Curry, Ann (3 April 2004). "Billy Bob Thornton opens up".
- WELT (24 June 2008). "US Celebrities: Justin Timberlake reveals he has OCD" – via www.welt.de.
- Getaneh, Mary (20 April 2018). "Actor Wil Wheaton opens up about mental illness before his visit to Calgary". thestar.com. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- Max, Mike (12 May 2018). "Royce White On How He's Learned To Respond To Anxiety". WCCO-TV. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- Nelson, Jeff (24 August 2016). "Matilda Child Star Mara Wilson Battled OCD and Depression – and More Revelations from Her Emotional Memoir". People.