List of people with anorexia nervosa
This is a list of notable people who suffered from anorexia nervosa. Often simply known as anorexia, this is an eating disorder which is characterized by refusal to maintain a healthy body weight and an obsessive fear of gaining weight. Eating disorders are known to be more common in people whose occupations involve significant focus on appearance, like athletes or celebrities.
Dance and sport
- Christy Henrich (American gymnast)
- Gelsey Kirkland (American ballet dancer)
- Tina Nordlund (Swedish footballer)
- Fiona Apple (American singer)
- Anahí (Mexican singer and actress, formerly of RBD)
- Karen Carpenter (American singer and drummer, The Carpenters)
- Jade Thirlwall (British singer, Little Mix)
- Melanie Chisholm (British singer, formerly of the Spice Girls)
- Caleb Followill (American musician, Kings of Leon)
- Daniel Johns (Australian rock musician)
- Dolores O'Riordan (Irish Singer/Songwriter, The Cranberries)
- Diana Ross (American singer)
- Lena Zavaroni (Scottish singer)
- Demi Lovato (American singer)
- Robbie Coburn (Australian poet)
- Marya Hornbacher (American author of Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia)
- Michael Krasnow (American author) died October 1997, aged 28, author of My Life as a Male Anorexic.
- Nikki DuBose (American model, advocate and author of Washed Away: From Darkness to Light)
- Imogen Bailey (Australian model and actress)
- Justine Bateman (American actress)
- Kate Beckinsale (British actress)
- Troian Bellisario (American actress of the show Pretty Little Liars)
- Isabelle Caro (French model)
- Elisa Donovan (American actress)
- Vera Ellen (American Dancer/Actress)
- Susan Dey (American actress)
- Sally Field (American actress)
- Calista Flockhart (American actress)
- Jane Fonda (American actress)
- Tracey Gold (American actress)
- Nikki Grahame (British television personality)
- Lucy Hale (American actress of the show Pretty Little Liars)
- Felicity Huffman (American actress)
- Kate Dillon Levin (American model)
- Stacy London (Fashion stylist from What Not to Wear) 
- Evanna Lynch (Irish actress of the Harry Potter movies)
- Paula Meronek (American reality TV personality)
- Barbara Niven (American actress)
- Mary-Kate Olsen (American actress)
- Billie Piper (British actress, singer)
- Dennis Quaid (American actor) 
- Gilda Radner (American actress) 
- Crystal Renn (American model) 
- Portia de Rossi (Australian actress)
- Brittany Snow (American actress)
- Richard Simmons (American fitness guru, actor, and comedian) 
- Kate Thornton (British television presenter)
- Jade Thirlwall (British singer in the girl band Little Mix)
- Nikki DuBose (American model and actress) 
Other public figures
- Allegra Versace (heiress to the Versace fashion brand, daughter of Donatella Versace)
- Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden (heiress to the Swedish royal throne)
- Shelli Yoder
- "Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa." The New Harvard Guide to Women's Health Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 2004. Credo Reference. Web. Accessed 25 August 2011.
- Pace, Eric (28 July 1994). "Obituary: Christy Henrich, 22, Gymnast Who Suffered From Anorexia". New York Times. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- Kirkland, Gelsey; Lawrence, Greg (1992). Dancing on my grave : an autobiography (Berkley ed.). New York: Berkley Books. ISBN 978-0-425-13500-6.
- Björn Malmström (2002-11-30). "Drabbad av anorexia - Nordlund lägger av". svenskfotboll.se (in Swedish). SvD.se. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- Sams, Christine (6 June 2004). "Anorexia almost killed me: Daniel Johns". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2008-05-01.
- RTÉ News. 27 April 2014 http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0427/612015-dolores-oriordan/. Missing or empty
- Template:Ross, D., (1993). DIANA ROSS MEMOIRS: Secrets of a sparrow New York, NY: Villard Books.
- Krasnow, Michael (1996). My Life as a Male Anorexic. New York: Harrington Park Press. ISBN 0789060299.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-06. Retrieved 2014-10-06.
- Sandell, Laurie (March 31, 2007). "Kate Beckinsale". Glamour.
- "Anorexia a spring thing: doc". New York Post. 29 April 2011.
- "ENOUGH ROPE with Andrew Denton - episode 94: Jane Fonda (12/09/2005)". abc.net.au. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- Forrester, Katy (30 June 2015). "Nikki Grahame hits back after Big Brother anorexia comments". Mirror Online.
- Marcus, Stephanie (7 August 2012). "Lucy Hale Opens Up About Her Eating Disorder". Huffington Post.
- Keck, William (21 November 2005). "Huffman sitting pretty". USA Today.
- Zuckerman, Suzanne (27 September 2012). "Stacy London Reveals Her Struggle with Eating Disorders". People Magazine. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- The Sun. London http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3239243/Actress-reveals-Harry-Potter-author-saved-her-from-anorexia.html. Missing or empty
- Aurthur, Kate (2 May 2006). "On MTV's 'Real World' Paula Meronek Deals With a Grim Reality". The New York Times.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-20. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- Soriano, César G. (22 June 2004). "USATODAY.com - Mary-Kate Olsen seeks treatment for eating disorder". USA Today. McLean, Virginia. ISSN 0734-7456. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- Piper, Billie (2007). Growing Pains. London: Hodder & Stoughton. ISBN 978-0-340-93280-3
- Boodman, Sandra (March 13, 2007). "Eating Disorders: Not Just for Women". The Washington Post. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- Rettberg, Felix (2009-10-07). "SPIEGEL Interview With Plus-Size Model: 'I Was Asking How Many Calories Chewing Gum Had'". Der Spiegel. Retrieved 2011-01-26.
- Katrandjian, Olivia (4 November 2010). "Portia de Rossi: 'I Would Starve Myself Daily'". ABC News.
- Spitznagel, Eric (April 25, 2012). "Interview with Richard Simmons". Men's Health. Retrieved May 31, 2016.
- Caroe, Laura (16 January 2012). "TV host Kate Thornton on her anorexia hell". The Sun.
- Bacardi, Francesca (October 20, 2016). "Little Mix's Jade Thirlwall Opens Up About Anorexia Battle". E! Online.
- Model's Addiction and Eating Disorder Nightmare. The Doctors. 9 November, 2016. Retrieved from http://www.thedoctorstv.com/articles/3552-model-s-addiction-eating-disorder-nightmare
- Popham, Peter (29 March 2007). "The Versace family: Allegra and the curse of anorexia". The Independent. London: INM. ISSN 0951-9467. OCLC 185201487. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- Rönn, Cina (28 May 1999). "’Det var en jätte-jobbig tid för mig’". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Hoosier beauty queen, recalling bouts with anorexia nervosa, admits she was. . .STARVING INSIDE". Indianapolis Star. 29 August 1993.