List of places and things named after Pope Francis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Club Deportivo Papa Francisco, an Argentine semi-professional football club
- Francis, a cologne made by Excelsis Fine Fragrances
- Francis House, an initiative of the Bambino Gesù Hospital for underprivileged mothers and children
- Francisco, an Australian-made passenger ferry
- Papa Francisco, an avenue in the Argentine city of La Plata
- Pope Francis Complex Center for the Poor, a Philippine center in Palo, Leyte, Philippines, comprising a home for the elderly, a clinic, an orphanage, and a chapel
- Pope Francis Faith Award, a prize of the Bishops' Conference of Scotland
- Pope Francis Gawad Kalinga Village, a Philippine settlement in Bantayan, Cebu for survivors of the Typhoon Haiyan
- The Pope Francis Center for the Poor - Palo, Leyte, Philippines
- Pope Francis High School, a school in Springfield, Massachusetts
- Pope Francis House, a Habitat for Humanity house in Asheville, North Carolina
- Pope Francis Global Academy, a Catholic elementary school in Chicago, Illinois
- Pope Francis Catholic School, a new name for a Catholic elementary school in Toronto, Ontario, Canada as a merger of St. Luke and Senhor Santo Cristo schools in Ossington Village. First Canadian school to be named after him.
- Panetta, Vicente (13 April 2014). "Argentine club named for Pope Francis opens play". AP News. New York City. Associated Press. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- "'Francis' Cologne: Fragrance Inspired By Pope's Humble Personality". The Huffington Post. New York City. 18 September 2013. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Pope Francis visits pediatric hospital". Vatican Radio. 21 December 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- Thakkar, Pooja (1 July 2013). "The Fastest Ship on Earth Powered By Jet Engines". Technology Digital. San Diego. Archived from the original on 13 July 2014. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- "Argentina already has a street named after Pope Francis". El Economista. Madrid. EFE. 26 March 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- Ramirez, Robertzon (18 June 2014). "Center named after Pope Francis to rise in Leyte". The Manila Times. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Aquino, Leslie Ann (18 June 2014). "Pope Francis Complex Center to be built in Leyte". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Harkins, Daniel (14 March 2014). "Schools rally for education week; new award". Scottish Catholic Reporter. Glasgow. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- "Pope Francis Faith Award". Arbroath Herald. 1 March 2014. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- Diola, Camille (2 April 2014). "Village for Yolanda victims named 'Pope Francis'". The Philippine Star. Manila. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- Sebastián, Raymond (2 April 2014). "Village for 'Yolanda' survivors named after Pope Francis". CBCP News. Manila. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- "Palo's Pope Francis Center now houses abandoned elderly, orphans". CBCP News (Manila).
- Williams, Michelle (29 May 2015). "Pope Francis High School: Springfield diocese announces new name for combined Cathedral, Holyoke Catholic high schools". MassLive.com. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- Pronechen, Joseph (24 May 2014). "First House Built to Honor Pope Francis". National Catholic Register. Irondale. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Northwest Side consolidated Catholic school named for Pope Francis". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2015-11-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Things named after Franciscus.|