List of political parties in Denmark
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
Denmark has a multi-party system, with two or three major parties complemented by several other significant parties. The government typically consists of a major party in coalition with, or supported by, a number of smaller parties parties. No party has won an outright majority since 1903. All governments since then have either been one-party minority governments or coalitions between two or more parties.
The Ministry of Social Welfare registers and validates party names and the official party letters for all parties that participate in national elections. On ballots, the parties are sorted alphabetically by party letter.
Parties represented in the Folketing or the European Parliament
Parties without Folketing or European Parliament representation
|Party letter||Party name||Recent results||Ideology||Leader|
|N||People's Movement against the EU
Folkebevægelsen mod EU
|Did not run||102,101
|Did not run||Hard Euroscepticism
|Did not run||
0 / 2,432
|Did not run||
9 / 2,432
|E||Klaus Riskær Pedersen
Klaus Riskær Pedersen
|Did not run||Did not exist||Populism
|Klaus Riskær Pedersen|
|Did not run||Did not run||
10 / 2,432
|Regionalism||Carsten Leth Schmidt|
- Justice Party of Denmark (Retsforbundet). Last represented in the 1979-1981 Folketing.
- Communist Party of Denmark (Danmarks Kommunistiske Parti). Last represented by themselves in the 1977-1979 Folketing. Now part of Red-Green Alliance.
- Independent Party (De Uafhængige). Last represented in the Folketing 1973-1974.
- National Socialist Movement of Denmark (Danmarks Nationalsocialistiske Bevægelse). Never represented in either Folketing or European Parliament. Considers itself the heir of the DNSAP which was last represented in the 1943 Folketing.
- Danish Unity (Dansk Samling)
- Pirate Party (Piratpartiet).
- CenterParty (CenterPartiet).
- United Democrats (Forenede Demokrater).
- The Black Register (Det Sorte Register).
- Visions-Partiet. Created 2002.
- Folkeringen. Created 2016.
- Friends of the Schiller Institute (Schiller-Instituttets Venner). Only runs for local elections.
- Lower Taxes and Fees (Lavere Skatter og Afgifter).
- Progress Party (Fremskridtspartiet). Last represented in the 1998-2001 Folketing.
- Social Balance. Created 2012.
- National Party (Nationalpartiet). Created 2014.
- List of political parties
- List of political parties in Greenland
- List of political parties in the Faroe Islands
- Liberalism and radicalism in Denmark
- Category:Youth wings of political parties in Denmark
- (split of Venstre that only existed to contest the 1947 Folketing election in order to exploit a peculiarity of the election law)
- not registered as a party but represented in parliament as a parliamentary group
- represented in the European Parliament
- Last represented in the 1984-1987 Folketing. Now part of Red-Green Alliance.
- The party's former name, "Socialdemokratiet", is still frequently used.