List of political parties in Jamaica
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Jamaica has a two-party system, the major parties being the Jamaica Labour Party and the People's National Party. A large number of minor parties have cropped up and disintegrated in the past, with very few (if any) actually winning seats in Parliament. Over 46 political parties have been formed since independence in August 1962.
- People's National Party (PNP) – The ruling Party having 42 seats
- Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) – The main Opposition party having 21 seats
- National Democratic Movement – Minor conservative party
- Jerusalem Bread Foundation
- New Nation Coalition – Recently formed party
- Agricultural Industrial Party
- Christian Conscience Movement
- Christian Democratic Party
- Coloured Party – founded in the 1820s to campaign for full civil rights; not really a political party per se.
- Communist Party of Jamaica
- Convention Independent Party
- Farmers' Federation
- Farmers' Party
- Federation of Citizen's Association
- Imperial Ethiopian World Federation Incorporated Political Party
- Independent Labour Party
- Jamaica Alliance for National Unity
- Jamaica Democratic Party
- Jamaica Independent Movement
- Jamaica Liberal Party
- Jamaica Radical Workers Union
- Jamaica Socialist Party
- Jamaica United Front
- Jamaica United Party – formerly the United West Indian Party
- Jamaica We Party
- National Labour Party
- New Jamaica Alliance
- People's Freedom Movement
- People's Political Party – Jamaica's first party, founded by Marcus Mosiah Garvey in 1929.
- Progressive Labour Movement – merged with the People's Political Party soon after being founded in 1961.
- Republican Party
- United Party of Jamaica
- United People's Party
- Workers Party of Jamaica – defunct Marxist party
- "BLOWOUT: PNP 41 - JLP 22 - Lead Stories - Jamaica Gleaner - Friday | December 30, 2011". Jamaica Gleaner. 2011-12-30. Retrieved 2012-01-27.