List of political parties in Wales
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Parties represented in the National Assembly for Wales
Parties represented in the National Assembly for Wales (in order of number of representatives):
- Welsh Labour - Centre-left, Social democratic, Democratic socialist, Unionist- (29)AMs
- Plaid Cymru - Left-wing, Social democratic, Democratic socialist, Pro-independence - (12)AMs
- Welsh Conservatives - Centre-right, Conservative, Liberal conservative, Unionist - (11)AMs
- UK Independence Party - Right-wing, Eurosceptic, Right-wing populism, Unionist - (7)AMs
- Welsh Liberal Democrats - Centre, Liberal, Social liberal, federalist - (1)AM
- Cymru Rydd - Welsh republican party
- Cymru Annibynnol - in favour of Welsh independence
- Llais Gwynedd - Gwynedd Regionalist party
- Wales Green Party
- British National Party - Great Britain-wide party
- Welsh Communist Party
- Plaid Rhyddfrydol i Gymru - Liberal Party in Wales
- Socialist Party Wales
- Welsh Christian Party
- UK Independence Party
- Putting Llanelli First
- Pirate Party UK
- Forza Dyfed; Seeking the Reunification of the historic county of Dyfed
- Balchder Cymru - amalgamated into Mudiad Rhyddhad Cymru and reformed as a political pressure group in 2006.
- Blaenau Gwent People's Voice Group - party set-up in Blaenau Gwent. Its leader, Dai Davies, announced he was retiring from politics and the party would be disbanded.
- Cymru Goch - evolved into Forward Wales.
- Forward Wales - Disbanded in 2010.
- Welsh Republican Movement - most members either returned to Plaid Cymru or joined the Labour Party.
- John Marek Independent Party - (2003), evolved into Forward Wales.
- Respect-The Unity Coalition - Dissolved in 2016.
- South Wales Socialist Society - amalgamated with the Communist Party of Great Britain in the 1920s.
- Communist Party of South Wales and the West of England - disbanded in the 1920s.
- Welsh Socialist Alliance - currently inactive.
- Welsh Socialist Republican Movement - fell apart after its members were arrested by police for conspiracy to plant bombs.