List of power stations in Ghana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The following page lists power stations in Ghana.
Thermal power stations
|Power station||Community||Coordinates||Type||Capacity (MW)||Year completed||Additional description|
|Takoradi Thermal Power Station||Takoradi||Light crude oil or Natural gas||550||2000||A total of 550 MW is generated; four gas turbines and a steam turbine|
|Kpone Thermal Power Station II||Kpone||Natural gas or Diesel fuel or Crude oil||340||2017 (Expected)||Biggest independent power plant in Africa to date.|
|Kpone Thermal Power Station I||Kpone||||Natural gas and Diesel fuel||230||2016 (Expected)||Owned by Volta River Authority|
|Tema Thermal Power Station||Tema||Diesel fuel||236||2008||54 Caterpillar 3516B diesel power generators|
|Sonon Asogli Thermal Power Station||Kpone||Natural gas||200||2010||Maximum installed capacity of 200MW. Often output is less than maximum|
Hydroelectric power stations
|Hydroelectric station||Community||Coordinates||Type||Capacity (MW)||Year completed||Name of reservoir||River|
|Akosombo Hydroelectric Power Station||Ajena||Reservoir||1,038||1965||Lake Volta||River Volta|
|Bui Hydroelectric Power Station||Bui Gorge||Reservoir||400||2010||Black Volta River|
|Kpong Hydroelectric Power Station||Akuse||Reservoir||160||1982||River Volta|
Solar power stations
|Solar power station||Community||Coordinates||Capacity (megawatts)||Year completed||Name of Owner||Notes|
|Nzema Solar Power Station||Aiwiaso Village||155||2018-2019 (Expected)||Blue Energy Plc.||Seeking EPC proposals|
|Gomoa Onyandze ||Onyandze, Gomoa East||20||2016||Beijing Xiaocheng Company||Operational|
|Navrongo Solar Power Station||Navrongo||2.5||2013||Volta River Authority||Operational|
- CRO (3 February 2015). "Ghana: Construction of Kpone power plant starts". Construction Review Online (CRO). Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- EAC (30 July 2015). "Ghana: Kpone IPP thermal power plant making progress". Esi-Africa.com (EAC). Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- Google (25 February 2016). "Location of Kpone Thermal Power Station I" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- VRA (25 February 2016). "Volta River Authority: On-Going Generation Projects". Accra: Volta River Authority (VRA). Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- Ring Power (8 June 2009). "Diesel Power Plant Generates Electricity for African Country". Blog.ringpower.com (Ring Power). Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- Benjamin Glover; Della Russel (10 February 2015). "Sunon-Asogli Power Plant resumes production". Accra: Graphic.com.gh. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- Vaughan, Adam (4 December 2012). "Africa's largest solar power plant to be built in Ghana". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- SPC (19 July 2014). "Ghana builds largest solar plant in Africa". Abuja: Sundiatapost.com (SPC). Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- BXC connects 20MW solar plant to Ghana's national grid
- Daily Graphic (8 May 2013). "VRA completes first solar plant in Navrongo". Myjoyonline.com Quoting Daily Graphic. Accra. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- Editorial (9 May 2013). "Let's Have Regional Solar Plants". Accra: Modernghana.com. Retrieved 26 February 2016.