List of primary and secondary schools in Tucson, Arizona
Primarily, students of the Tucson area attend public schools in the Tucson Unified School District (TUSD). TUSD has the second highest enrollment of any school district in Arizona, behind Mesa Unified School District in the Phoenix metropolitan area. There are also many publicly funded charter schools with a specialized curriculum.
|Altar Valley School District||Located southwest of the city, primarily serving Three Points.|
|Amphitheater Public Schools||Serves segments of the North Side, Casas Adobes, Catalina Foothills, and the communities of Oro Valley, eastern Tortolita and Catalina northwest of the city.|
|Catalina Foothills School District||Serves segments of the upper Catalina Foothills north of the city.|
|Continental School District||Serves the rural area south of Sahuarita.|
|Flowing Wells Unified School District||Serves segments of the North Side and the Northwest Side along I-10.|
|Marana Unified School District||Serves the town of Marana, Picture Rocks, Avra Valley and western Tortolita northwest of the city.|
|Sahuarita Unified School District||Located south of the city and serves Sahuarita and Arivaca.|
|Sunnyside Unified School District||Serves the far South Side and segments of the Southwest Side.|
|Tanque Verde Unified School District||Serves the far Northeast Side, including the community of Tanque Verde.|
|Tucson Unified School District||Encompasses the central Tucson valley, including the lower Catalina Foothills and segments of the Tanque Verde Valley. As the largest school district in Tucson in terms of enrollment, TUSD has 115 schools serving grades K–12.|
|Vail School District||Serves the far Southeast Side, including the community of Vail.|
Tucson is home to many taxpayer-supported public charter schools. Admission to these schools is determined by the school's open enrollment policy, subject to the criteria determined by Arizona statute, summarized by the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools.
- Academy of Math and Science, national Blue Ribbon elementary, middle and high school
- The Academy of Tucson (elementary, middle, and high school) provides an environment that includes all the elements needed for an excellent education: small, safe campuses and classes, a rigorous yet realistic curriculum, highly qualified teachers, friendly classmates, and varied social and athletic activities.
- AmeriSchools Academy, elementary, middle school,
- BASIS Charter School, a nationally ranked high school.
- Compass High School, specializing in vocational and arts training.
- Hermosa Montessori School, a nationally ranked, excelling school since 2003.
- La Paloma Academy, an independent, non-profit school that encourages students to learn the 6 pillars of character.
- Math and Science Success Academy, elementary school, sister school of the Academy of Math and Science
- Presidio School Tucson, a national Blue Ribbon elementary, middle and high school
- Rose Academies Public High Schools (Canyon Rose, Desert Rose, Mountain Rose, & Pima Rose) have been a Tucson High School for over 15 years, and provides an alternative education setting in order to meet the unique demands of students.
- Satori Charter School, an excelling school since 2005.
- Sky Islands Public High School,] offering an integrated curriculum with a focus on ecosystems
- Sonoran Science Academy, a nationally ranked college prep high school and an excelling school since 2003.
- Southern Arizona Community Academy, an accelerated, self-paced high school.
Tucson has several private schools:
- Desert Christian Schools (Arizona), a faith-based, for grades K-12.
- Fenster School, a boarding and day school
- Green Fields Country Day School, Southern Arizona's oldest independent school
- International School of Tucson, Independent school with an accelerated learning program and bi-lingual education for preschool through 5th grade, near the University of Arizona Campus.
- Kino Learning Center, a school that serves grades K-12 and follows the Progressive Education philosophies of A. S. Neill.
- Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic School Our Mothers of Sorrows School is a kindergarten through eighth grade Catholic school, located on Tucson's east side of town, located on South Kolb road between 22nd Street and Golf Links Road. OMOSS teaches the common core with an emphasis on the Catholic religion. OMOSS as its referred offers various after school activities depending on the season, from violin to school sports, which are commonly held at Sal Pointe Catholic High School against other schools in the parish and state. OMOSS'S current principle is Mr. Keller who is leaving after the 2015- 2016 school year for a position at Saint Augustine High School, Vice Principal Vue is scheduled to take over with an outside search for a new vice principal. 
- Pusch Ridge Christian Academy, a faith-based,school for grades 6-12.
- Salpointe Catholic High School
- San Miguel High School, College and Career preparatory high school located in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tucson.
- Saint Augustine Catholic High School. Catholic High School for grades 9-12
- St.Cyril School of Alexandria, for grades K-8
- St. Gregory College Preparatory School
- St. Michael's Parish Day School, which is highly regarded[by whom?] as one of the most economically advantaged schools in the valley.
- Tucson Hebrew Academy, which has been awarded Blue Ribbon School of Excellence status.
- Tucson Waldorf School.
- The Arizona Daily Star annual survey of private and charter schools. Archived August 22, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- (PDF). Arizona State Board for Charter Schools http://www.azsba.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/A_Summary_of_School_Choice_Laws.pdf. Missing or empty
- Academy of Math and Science
- The Academy of Tucson Elementary
- The Academy of Tucson Middle School
- The Academy of Tucson High School
- The Academy of Tucson
- Math and Science Success Academy
- Presidio School Tucson
- Rose Academies Public High School
- Canyon Rose Academy
- Desert Rose Academy
- Mountain Academy
- Pima Rose Academy
- Sky Islands Public High School
- Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic School
- Saint Augustine Catholic High School
- Tucson Waldorf School