List of private military contractors
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following is a list of notable private military contractors and companies.
- Unity Resources Group, Hires Ex Australian special forces, and sometimes Canadians, New Zealanders, US and British.
South African companies
|Aegis Defence Services||London||Iraq, Afghanistan, and others||Contracted by the U.S. department of Defense during the most recent War in Iraq. Aegis Defence Services Ltd was acquired by GardaWorld International Protective Services.|
|Control Risks||Europe||Provider of security and armed guards for British Embassies and Consulates.|
|Erinys International||Dubai||A joint South African-British private security company registered in the British Virgin Islands.|
|International Intelligence Limited||Eastington, Stroud||Specialist contracts. Operates in the security and intelligence sectors.|
|Sandline International||London||Ceased operations on April 16, 2004|
|AirScan||Titusville, FL||US Department of Defense, United States Air Force, and a number of private companies|
|Academi||McLean, VA||Consulting. Formerly known as Blackwater and Xe and it is part of the Constellis Group.|
|Custer Battles||McLean, VA||Iraq and oil sector (at present, have ceased operations in Iraq)||Dissolved|
|G4S||Palm Beach Gardens, FL||Paramilitary security forces of DoD, Energy Department, Savannah River Nuclear Site, and others. Commonly known in the U.S. by its former name, Wackenhut Group.|
|Jorge Scientific Corporation||Arlington, VA||Consulting|
|KBR||Houston, TX||Formerly a Division of Halliburton|
|MAG Aerospace||Fairfax, VA|
|MPRI, Inc.||Alexandria, VA|
|MVM, Inc.||Vienna, VA||CIA and NSA contractor|
|Northbridge Services Group||Lexington, KY||Advisory, Training, Operational Support, etc.|
|Northrop Grumman||Falls Church, VA|
|Titan Corporation||San Diego, CA||Sold to L3 Communications in 2005|
|Triple Canopy, Inc.||Herndon, VA||South America, Iraq, Syria||It is part of the Constellis Group.|
|Vinnell Corporation||Fairfax, VA||Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iraq|
- Mirror of Executive Outcomes' official website in 1998, from archive. org. Accessed January 2012.
- Eeben Barlow's autobiography: Executive Outcomes – Against all Odds. Archived 2007-12-29 at the Wayback Machine Accessed January 2012.
- Norton-Taylor, Richard (April 23, 2009). "Foreign Office to propose self-regulation for private military firms". The Guardian. Retrieved January 2, 2012.
- Ahmed, Nafeez (May 28, 2014). "Inclusive Capitalism Initiative is Trojan Horse to quell coming global revolt". The Guardian. Retrieved November 8, 2017.
- "G4S hit by new scandal over immigration detention centre: Private companies should not be doing this sort of work". The Independent. 1 September 2017. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "'No Remorse': Inquiry Demanded Into 'Abhorrent Abuse' at UK Detention Center". Sputnik. 18 October 2017. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Torture victims were wrongly imprisoned in UK, high court rules". The Guardian. 18 October 2017. Retrieved 8 November 2017.