List of prizes, medals, and awards for women in science
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of awards, prizes, and medals for women in science (and the STEM fields generally).
Astronomy, space, atmospheric science
- Annie Jump Cannon Award in Astronomy - annual award for outstanding contributions to astronomy by a woman within five years of earning a doctorate degree.
- Peter B. Wagner Memorial Award for Women in Atmospheric Sciences (created 1998) - awarded annually based on paper completion to a woman studying for a Masters or PhD in atmospheric science at a university in the United States. Award amount $1500. 
Biology and medicine
- FASEB Excellence in Science Award
- Pearl Meister Greengard Prize (established 2004)
- Women in Medicine Leadership Development Awards, American Association of Medical Colleges
- WICB Junior and Senior Awards
- Elizabeth Blackwell Medal, given by the American Medical Women's Association to a woman physician "who has made the most outstanding contributions to the cause of women in the field of medicine"
- Margaret Oakley Dayhoff Award from the Biophysical Society, Rockville, Maryland - given to a woman who "has achieved prominence for 'substantial contributions to science'" and showing high promise in the early part of her career
- ACS Award for Encouraging Women into Careers in the Chemical Sciences, sponsored by the Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation 
- Garvan-Olin Medal, an annual award that recognizes distinguished service to chemistry by women chemists
- Agnes Fay Morgan Research Award, an award given by the Iota Sigma Pi honorary society for women in chemistry. Other awards given by the society:
- National Honorary Member
- Violet Diller Professional Excellence Award
- Centennial Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- Anna Louise Hoffman Award for Outstanding Achievement in Graduate Research
- Undergraduate Excellence in Chemistry
- Gladys Anderson Emerson Undergraduate Scholarship
- Members-at-Large Re-entry Award
- Outstanding Young Women in Chemistry award.
- Krieger–Nelson Prize for Distinguished Research by Women in Mathematics, established 1995 by the Canadian Mathematical Society
- Louise Hay Award for Contributions to Mathematics Education, established 1991 by the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)
- Ruth I. Michler Memorial Prize of the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)
- Emmy Noether Lectures, an honorary lecture award established by the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)
- Ruth Lyttle Satter Prize in Mathematics, established 1990 by the American Mathematical Society with funds from Joan S. Birman
- Alice T. Schafer Prize, established 1991 by the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)
- Essay Contest: Biographies of Contemporary Women in Mathematics, established in 2001 by the Association for Women in Mathematics
- Bernice Grafstein Award for Outstanding Accomplishments in Mentoring, by the Society for Neuroscience (SfN) - awarded to an individual who has shown a dedication to mentoring women neuroscientists and facilitating their entry or retention in the field.
- Louise Hanson Marshall Special Recognition Award, by the Society for Neuroscience (SfN) - honors an individual who has significantly promoted the professional development of women in neuroscience through teaching, organizational leadership, public advocacy, or other efforts that are not necessarily related to research.
- Mika Salpeter Lifetime Achievement Award, by the Society for Neuroscience (SfN) - presented to an individual with outstanding career achievements in neuroscience who has also significantly promoted the professional advancement of women in neuroscience.
- Patricia Goldman-Rakic Hall of Honor, by the Society for Neuroscience (SfN) - posthumously recognizes a neuroscientist who has pursued career excellence and exhibited dedication and advancement of women in neuroscience.
General or multiple fields
- Association for Women in Science (AWIS) Educational Foundation Award and other Educational Foundation Awards
- AMELIA EARHART FELLOWSHIP http://www.zonta.org/Global-Impact/Education/Amelia-Earhart-Fellowship
- Athena SWAN, a recognition scheme for UK universities working to advance and promote careers of women in science, engineering, and technology
- Brookhaven Women in Science Scholarships and Awards for women in science
- Edith Hendley Award for a woman pursuing graduate studies
- Elizabeth Blackwell Award , given by Hobart and William Smith Colleges, established in 1958
- Elsevier Awards for Early-Career Women Scientists in the Developing World
- Katharine F. Erskine Award for Medicine and Science, YWCA (created 1993)
- CRDF Global, Robin Copeland Memorial Fellowship
- Korea Outstanding Women in Science Award (established 2002 by the Korea Science and Engineering Foundation)
- L'Oréal-UNESCO Awards for Women in Science (aka the Helena Rubinstein Women in Science Awards)
- Margaret W. Rossiter History of Women in Science Prize, established in 1987 by the History of Science Society
- Maria Mitchell Women in Science Award "to recognize an individual whose efforts have encouraged the advancement of girls and women in the natural and physical sciences, mathematics, engineering, computer science and technology"
- Mariafranca Morselli Award for an undergraduate woman in science
- Rachel Carson Prize (environmentalist award), a Norwegian prize for women environmentalists
- Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships, awarded to women from developing and emerging economies who are preparing for PhD or post-doctoral study in the physical sciences and engineering.
- Saruhashi Prize, an award for Japanese women researchers in the natural sciences
- South African Awards for Women in Science, including
- Tagea Brandt Rejselegat, a Danish award for women who have made significant contributions in either science, literature or art
- Weizmann Women & Science Award
- WISE Excellence Award (Women Into Science and Engineering)
- Women in Technology International (WITI) Hall of Fame
- Women of Discovery Award, WINGS WorldQuest 
- "Elizabeth Blackwell Award". American Medical Women's Association. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "PROFESSIONAL AWARDS". Iota Stigma Pi: National Honor Society for Women in Chemistry. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Student Awards". Iota Stigma Pi: National Honor Society for Women in Chemistry. Retrieved 16 December 2014.