List of programming language researchers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- John Backus, leader of the team that developed FORTRAN, developer of BNF.
- Friedrich L. Bauer, co-designer of ALGOL.
- Gilad Bracha, designer of Newspeak, researcher in the area of Reflection.
- Walter Bright, designer of D.
- Alain Colmerauer, creator of Prolog.
- Ole-Johan Dahl, co-inventor of Simula.
- James Gosling, father of the Java programming language.
- Ralph Griswold, designer of SNOBOL, SL5, and Icon.
- Rich Hickey, designer of Clojure.
- Grace Hopper, co-designer of COBOL.
- Alan Kay, and Dan Ingalls, co-inventors of Smalltalk.
- Anders Hejlsberg, original author of Turbo Pascal, chief architect of C#.
- Roberto Ierusalimschy, designer of Lua.
- Brian Kernighan, co-designer of C, AWK and AMPL.
- Chris Lattner, designer of Swift.
- Xavier Leroy, chief designer of OCaml.
- Yukihiro Matsumoto, designer of Ruby.
- John McCarthy, designer of LISP.
- Kristen Nygaard, co-inventor of Simula.
- Martin Odersky, designer of Scala.
- John Ousterhout, designer of Tcl.
- Dennis Ritchie, designer of C.
- Guido van Rossum, designer of Python.
- Guy L. Steele, Jr., co-designer of Scheme and designer of Fortress.
- Bjarne Stroustrup, designer of C++.
- Gerald Jay Sussman, co-designer of Scheme.
- Don Syme, creator of F#.
- Ken Thompson, designer of B and co-designer of Go.
- Niklaus Wirth, designer of Pascal, Modula-2.
- Larry Wall, designer of Perl.
- Philip Wadler, co-designer of Haskell.
- Stephen Wolfram, creator of Mathematica and Wolfram Language.
- "Gilad Bracha and David Ungar. Mirrors: Design Principles for Meta-level Facilities of Object-Oriented Programming Languages." (PDF). bracha.org. Retrieved 7 May 2014.