List of protected areas of Manitoba
|Type||Number||Area||% Land Area|
The list of protected areas of Manitoba groups Manitoba's protected areas by the agency that is responsible for their protection.
National Protected Areas
Two national parks have been established within Manitoba:
Provincial Protected Areas
(a) to conserve ecosystems and maintain biodiversity;
(b) to preserve unique and representative natural, cultural and heritage resources;
(c) to provide outdoor recreational and educational opportunities and experiences in a natural setting.
The legislation distinguishes several types of park; Wilderness, Natural, Recreation and Heritage. Land being considered for inclusion in a Provincial Park may be designated as a Park reserve for a limited period of time.
|Amisk Park Reserve||198,000 ha (490,000 acres)||1994|
|Birch Island Park Reserve||79,000 ha (200,000 acres)||2000|
|Chitek Lake Park Reserve||100,300 ha (248,000 acres)||1999|
|Fisher Bay Park Reserve||84,150 ha (207,900 acres)||2000|
|Goose Islands Park Reserve||145 ha (360 acres)||2001|
|Grand Island Park Reserve||1,035 ha (2,560 acres)||2001|
|Kinwow Bay Park Reserve||8,400 ha (21,000 acres)||2001|
|Little Limestone Lake Park Reserve||4,095 ha (10,120 acres)||2007|
|Pelican Islands Park Reserve||600 ha (1,500 acres)||2001|
|Pemmican Island Park Reserve||22 ha (54 acres)||2001|
|Poplar-Nanowin Rivers Park Reserve||777,270 ha (1,920,700 acres)||1999|
Other legislation provides the government with additional opportunities to set aside areas of the province for special protection
- The Forest Act includes the ability to establish Provincial Forests.
- The Ecological Reserves Act includes the ability to establish Ecological reserves.
- The Wildlife Act includes the ability to establish Wildlife Management Areas (WMA)
- Traditional use for the area east of Lake Winnipeg is governed under The East Side Traditional Lands Planning and Special Protected Areas Act 
There is also a series of lands privately owned by three conservation agencies which are part of the provincial protected areas network.
|Armit Meadows||263 ha (650 acres)|
|Baralzon Lake||39,600 ha (98,000 acres)|
|Birch River||183 ha (450 acres)|
|Brokenhead River||66 ha (160 acres)|
|Brokenhead Wetland||1,240 ha (3,100 acres)|
|Cedar Bog||105 ha (260 acres)|
|Cowan Bog||518 ha (1,280 acres)|
|Holmgren Pines||81 ha (200 acres)|
|Jennifer and Tom Shay||7 ha (17 acres)|
|Kaweenakumik Islands||20 ha (49 acres)|
|Lake St. George Caves||130 ha (320 acres)|
|Lake Winnipegosis Salt Flats||560 ha (1,400 acres)|
|Lewis Bog||5,240 ha (12,900 acres)|
|Libau Bog||186 ha (460 acres)|
|Little George Island||15 ha (37 acres)|
|Long Point||1,600 ha (4,000 acres)|
|Palsa Hazel||1,648 ha (4,070 acres)|
|Pelican Islands||130 ha (320 acres)|
|Piney||780 ha (1,900 acres)|
|Pocock Lake||205 ha (510 acres)|
|Red Rock||485 ha (1,200 acres)|
|Reindeer Island||13,860 ha (34,200 acres)|
|Ste. Anne Bog||415 ha (1,030 acres)|
|St. Labre Bog||3,840 ha (9,500 acres)|
|Walter Cook Caves||2,250 ha (5,600 acres)|
|Wampum||62 ha (150 acres)|
|Whitemouth Bog||5,020 ha (12,400 acres)|
|Whitemouth Island||613 ha (1,510 acres)|
|Whitemouth River||130 ha (320 acres)|
|Woodridge||515 ha (1,270 acres)|
Wildlife management areas
Traditional use planning areas
- List of provincial parks in Manitoba
- List of Canadian provincial parks
- List of National Parks of Canada
- "Riding Mountain". Ecological Sciences for Sustainable Development. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "The Provincial Parks Act". Manitoba Laws. Government of Manitoba. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "Manitoba's Network of Protected Areas – by Type". Government of Manitoba. Retrieved 2016-08-04.
- "The Forest Act". Manitoba Laws. Government of Manitoba. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "The Ecological Reserves Act". Manitoba Laws. Government of Manitoba. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "The Wildlife Act". Manitoba Laws. Government of Manitoba. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "The East Side Traditional Lands Planning and Special Protected Areas Act". Manitoba Laws. Government of Manitoba. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "A System Plan for Manitoba's Provincial Parks" (PDF). Government of Manitoba. March 2008. Retrieved 2016-08-04.
- "Alphabetical listing of parks in Manitoba". Government of Manitoba. Retrieved 2016-08-04.