List of protected areas of New Brunswick
This is a list of protected natural areas of New Brunswick. For other areas see List of historic places in New Brunswick.
Provincial parks are managed provincially by Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture or the Department of Natural Resources. Under the New Brunswick Parks Act, provincial parks are protected from environmental encroachment, and mining, quarries and logging activities are prohibited, per amendments to the Act approved in June, 2014. The wording of the Act, at the time it was enacted, included the following:
All provincial parks are dedicated to residents of the Province, visitors and future generations to:
(a) permanently protect ecosystems, biodiversity and the elements of natural and cultural heritage,
(b) provide opportunities for recreational and outdoor educational activities to promote a healthy lifestyle,
(c) provide opportunities to increase knowledge and appreciation of the natural and cultural heritage of the Province, and
(d) offer a tourism product that enhances the Province’s image as a quality vacation destination."
National Wildlife Management Areas
- List of Canadian provincial parks
- List of National Parks of Canada
- List of National Historic Sites of Canada in New Brunswick
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, [Provincial Parks]
- [New Brunswick Parks Act] Part 3)
- Government Website, New Brunswick, Canada.
- Government of New Brunswick - Tourism and Parks