List of public art in Chicago
This is a list of public art in Chicago, in the United States. This list applies only to works of public art on permanent display in an outdoor public space. For example, this does not include artworks in museums.
Images may be missing from this page, due to issues with freedom of panorama.
|Image||Title / subject||Location and
|Date||Artist / designer||Type||Material||Dimensions||Designation||Owner / administrator||Wikidata||Notes|
|Chicago Picasso||Daley Plaza
||1967||Pablo Picasso||Sculpture||Steel||Height: 15 metres (49 ft)||Q5095736|||
||1973||Alexander Calder||Sculpture||Steel||Height: 16.20 metres (53.1 ft)||General Services Administration||Q3073296|||
|Cloud Gate||Millennium Park
||2004||Anish Kapoor||Sculpture||Stainless steel||Height: 13.4 metres (44 ft)||Q589099|||
|Monument with Standing Beast||James R. Thompson Center
||1984||Jean Dubuffet||Sculpture||Fiberglass||Height: 8.8 metres (29 ft)||Q6906917|||
|Merchandise Mart Hall of Fame||Merchandise Mart Plaza
|Four Seasons||Chase Tower (Chicago)
||1974||Marc Chagall||Mosaic||Glass||Height: 14.3 metres (47 ft) Width: 3 metres (9.8 ft)||Q5095736|
|Crown Fountain||Millennium Park
||2004||Jaume Plensa||Fountain||Granite and light-emitting diodes||Height: 15.2 metres (50 ft)||Q5095736|
|Agora||Grant Park, 1135 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60605
||2004||Magdalena Abakanowicz||Sculpture||Hollow, seamless pieces of iron that have been allowed to rust, creating a reddish appearance and a bark-like texture.||Height: The figures are 2.7 metres (8.9 ft) tall and weigh approximately 820 kilograms (1,810 lb)|||
|Miró's Chicago||Brunswick Plaza, Chicago
||1981||Joan Miró||Sculpture||steel, wire mesh, concrete, bronze, and ceramic tile||Height: 12 metres (39 ft)|
|Gentlemen||330 North Wabash
|Fountain of Time||Washington Park (Chicago park)||Lorado Taft||Sculpture||Concrete|
- Artner, Alan G. "Chicago's Picasso sculpture". www.chicagotribune.com. Retrieved August 27, 2015.
- "Search results for: flamingo calder, page 1 - Collections Search Center, Smithsonian Institution". collections.si.edu.
- "Cloud Gate in Millennium Park". www.cityofchicago.orgm. Retrieved August 27, 2015.
- "Jean Dubuffet's Monument with Standing Beast". www.cityofchicago.orgm. Retrieved August 27, 2015.
- Jyoti (November 14, 2007). "Chicago Riverwalk: Merchandise Mart Hall of Fame - by Various Artists". Public Art in Chicago. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
- Modern sculpture of 106 headless 9-ft. cast iron figures by Polish artist Magdalena Abakanowicz
- Srivastava, Jyoti. "Chicago River North Bank: The Gentlemen Statues – by Ju Ming". Public Art in Chicago. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
- Media related to Public art in Chicago at Wikimedia Commons