List of public art in Hemel Hempstead
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of public art in Hemel Hempstead.
|Image||Title / subject depicted||Location||Date||Sculptor||Material||Source||Coordinates|
|Phoenix Gateway sculpture||Roundabout at the junction of the A414 and Green Lane||2009||Jose Zavala||Blue steel arches|||
|Rock'n'Roll||The Water Gardens, Hemel Hempstead||1962||Hubert Yencesse||Bronze|||
|Development of Man||Corner of Bridge Street above the Santander bank||1955||A H Gerrard||Portland stone|||
|'A Point for Reflection' - Associations with water for the Riverside Shopping Centre, a droplet of clouds, rain, swirling rivulets and weaving water weeds.||Marlowes at entrance to Riverside shopping development.||2008||Tim Shutter||Hand carved Perryfield Whitbed Portland Stone.|||
|Tile Mosaic Map||Junction of the Marlowes and Hillfiled Road on the side of the NCP multistory car park.||1960||Rowland Emett||Mosaic|||
|Reclining Figures||The corner of Jupiter Drive and Martian Avenue||1962||Sydney Harpley||Sculpture|||
|Boy with Cat||Hyperion Court Highfield, Hemel Hempstead||1962||John Mills||Sculpture|
|Girl Combing Hair||Martian Avenue, Hemel Hempstead||1962||Sydney Harpley||Irish limestone Sculpture|
|Mother and Child||St Nicholas Day Nursary, Eastwick Row, Hemel Hempstead||Not known||Not known||Steel frame stucco|||
|Mother and Child||The Apple Orchard, Hemel Hempstead||Not known||Commissioned by Geoffrey Teychanne|||
|Discobolus: The Discus Thrower||N/A
Formerly at the Water Gardens, due to be relocated to The Bury
|pre 1960||unknown||Bronze cast, Copy of 5th Century Greek marble|||
|Residents Rainbow||Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead||1993||Colin Lambert
Rainbow Mosaic added by Gary Drostle in 2010
|Concrete arch with mosaic|||
The work symbolises the energy co-operation and sporting spirit of the youth in Dacorum.
|Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead||1993||Michael Rizzello||Two water cascades and bronze sculpture of child gymnasts.|||
|Bronze Relief Map of Town||Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead||1992||Graham Thompson (Designer) and John Ravera (Sculptor)||Bronze relief map|||
|Replica Kangaroo, Joey and Platypus statues. A gift from the Australian New town of Elizabeth||The Water Gardens, Hemel Hempstead||1963.||John Dowie||Bronze|||
|Tree of Life||Junction of Bridge Street and Marlowes||Richard Quinnell||Steel|||
|Hugging Couple VIII||The Forget-Me-Not Memorial Garden for Babies, Gadebridge Park||Mark Humphrey|||
(Recalling Kodak's global association with the film industry)
|Behind the KD Tower, Hemel Hempstead||2010||Unknown||Galvanised steel|||
- Phoenix Gateway At Geograph.org, Accessed 15 August 2013
- Geograph Accessed 15 August 201
- Geograph Accessed August 2013
- A point for reflection? Hemel Gazette October 2008.
- Mosaic map by Rowland Emett Hemel Gazette October 2008.
- Art and Culture Hemel Hempstead 'Reclining Figures' Sydney Harpley 1962. Accessed Jan 2015
- Help unlock statue’s history Hemel Gazette, 23 Jan 2012
- The Apple Orchard, Highfield Lane, Hemel Hempstead Right Move, 18 June 2011
- "Town's famous statues scrub up well as part of renovation". Hemel Gazette. 16 June 2016. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- Residents' Rainbow: Colin Lambert at Herts Direct Public Art (A - Z by title of work) Hertfordshire County Council.
- Waterplay: Michael Rizzello, Hertfordshire County Council, Public works of art A-Z.
- Bronze Relief Map of Town: Graham Thompson/John Ravera HertsDirect, Hertfordshire County Council. Accessed August 2013
- "Water Gardens Study" Allies and Morrison, Urban Practitioners, Report for Dacorum Council, 2011
- "The Forget-me-not memorial garden for babies". Dacorum Borough Council. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "Memorial Garden". West Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire Sands. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "Statue will honour photo firm's place in town history". Hemel Gazette. 11 February 2008. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "High hopes hold true for launch". Hemel Gazette. 22 September 2010. Retrieved 10 December 2017.