List of public art in the London Borough of Merton
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of public art in the London Borough of Merton.
|Image||Title / subject||Location and
|Date||Artist / designer||Architect / other||Type||Designation||Notes|
|Busts of William Shakespeare and John Milton||Outside Wimbledon Library||1886||?||?||Architetcural sculpture|||
|Laetitia and globe||On roof of New Wimbledon Theatre||1910 (removed for safety in war 1939; reinstated 1991)||?||Cecil Massey and Roy Young||Architectural sculputre||Grade II|||
|Mitcham War Memorial||Lower Green West, Mitcham
||1920||?||?||War memorial cross||Grade II||Unveiled 21 November 1920.|
|Wimbledon War Memorial||Parkside, Wimbledon
||1921||Charles Leonard Hartwell||Thomas Graham Jackson||War memorial||Grade II||Unveiled 5 November 1921.|
|Bust of Haile Selassie||Cannizaro Park, Wimbledon||1936||Hilda Seligman||N/A||Bust||N/A|
|Lion and unicorn||Entrance to King George's Field, Tudor Drive, Lower Morden||1940s||?||?||Relief|
|Statue of Fred Perry||All-England Club, Wimbledon||1984||David Wynne||N/A||Statue||N/A||Unveiled by Prince Edward, Duke of Kent.|
|Kingfisher||Over exit from Garth Road Recycling Depot||as at March 2012||N/A|
|Deer||Outside Wimbledon station||2012||Isabelle Southwood||N/A||N/A|||
- Wimbledon Library
- History of New Wimbledon Theatre
- Historic England. "Mitcham War Memorial (1448269)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- "Wimbledon (Includes the 1921 mass produced roll of honour)", War Memorials Register, Imperial War Museums, retrieved 2 January 2019
- Matthews 2012, p. 216.
- Stag Sculpture, Wimbledon Station
- Matthews, Peter (2012), London's Statues and Monuments, Botley: Shire Publications
- Media related to Sculptures in the London Borough of Merton at Wikimedia Commons