List of radio stations in Singapore
The following radio stations are located in and transmitted from Singapore.
There are three radio broadcasters in Singapore, namely Mediacorp Radio, SPH Radio and SAFRA Radio. There are 19 radio stations in Singapore. Most Singaporeans are able to receive FM broadcasts from Malaysia and Indonesia if the signal is strong enough.
Listeners who do not have a FM tuner can listen to web streams of all FM stations by either visiting the stations' websites on a desktop or downloading the stations' respective apps on a mobile device. There might be a delay of up to 90 seconds compared to the live FM transmission.
|Website||Station||Operator||Language||Genre||First air date|
|Link||973FM||RadioChat (Independent)||English||Freeform radio, CHR/Pop, Top 40, Independent music||7 December 2010|
|Link||Desinetworks||Desinetworks Pte Ltd||Hindi||Bollywood, Bhangra,||27 December 2013|
|Kinternational Radio (Discontinued)||Kinternational Holdings Asia||English||CHR/Pop, Top 40||1 January 2009|
|Plush 898 (Discontinued)||Plush 898 Entertainment Network||Chinese||Freeform radio, Contemporary hits||29 November 2009|
|Sonar Radio (Discontinued)||RADIOactive Pte Ltd||English||Freeform radio, Contemporary hits||5 May 2011|
|The Live Radio (Discontinued)||Chat Chat Media Pte Ltd||English||Freeform radio, CHR/Pop, Top 40||5 August 2012|
Listeners can find out the title of the previous, current and next song being played on air for Mediacorp stations by texting the following codes to 146072346. (Singapore postpaid mobile users only)
- Other services
- Traffic Watch (Mon-Sat 7am-9pm): TW
- Malay stations
- Ria 89.7FM: RIA
- Warna 94.2FM: WARNA
- English stations
- Gold 905: G90
- Symphony 92.4FM: 924
- 938LIVE: 938LIVE
- Class 95FM: C95
- XFM 96.3: 963
- 987FM: 987FM
- Lush 99.5FM: LUSH
- Chinese stations
- YES 933: YES
- Capital 95.8FM: CAPITAL
- LOVE 97.2FM:-
- Tamil stations
- Oli 96.8FM: OLI
Listeners can text in at these numbers:
Listeners can send messages via SMS or WhatsApp at these numbers:
According to findings from Nielsen’s Radio Diary Survey 2016, the listenership figures of radio stations in Singapore are as follow (as of 16 Jun 2016): 
- Top ranking stations: LOVE 97.2FM (#1, 19.4%), YES 933 (#2, 18.5%), Capital 95.8FM (#3, 17.3%), Class 95FM (#4), Gold 905 (#6), Warna 94.2FM (#7), 987FM (#8), Oli 96.8FM (#10),
- The first 24-hour radio station, Perfect 10 (now known as 987FM), was launched on 1 January 1989. All radio stations started broadcasting 24/7 starting from 1 January 2008.
- Mediacorp used to offer Visual Radio service on Nokia phones. The first radio stations to utilise Visual Radio are 987FM in December 2005 and YES 933 in June 2006. The service has since been discontinued.
- The 89.3 MHz frequency on the FM band used to be occupied by TVMobile. An audio simulcast of the TV channel was available until the station closed down on 31 December 2009.
- The 99.5 MHz frequency on the FM band used to be occupied by Passion 99.5FM, a station set up by the National Arts Council in December 1997 that supported and played local music. The station closed down on 31 December 2003 due to the bad economic climate as there was insufficient sponsorship and advertising revenue to cover operating costs. The frequency was then awarded to Mediacorp in May 2004 and the new station, Lush 99.5FM, was launched 9 months later.
Mediacorp used to operate Digital Radio, a radio service using digital audio broadcasting technology which simulcast eight FM stations, namely Class 95FM, Gold 905, 987FM, YES 933, LOVE 97.2FM, Lush 99.5FM, Symphony 92.4FM, and 938LIVE and broadcasts six digital-only stations, namely Cruise, Club Play, JK-Pop, Chinese Evergreens, Planet Bollywood and Bloomberg.
The service was discontinued on 1 December 2011 as the low adoption of DAB radio (compared to FM radio) and the prevalence of listening to Internet radio streams on PCs/smart-phones has rendered DAB radio irrelevant.
- Singapore Radio Stations on FM, shortwave and DAB - Asiawaves.Net
- Mediacorp radio stations come up tops | TODAYonline
- All MediaCorp Radio stations to run 24/7 from 1 Jan - Channel NewsAsia
- Freeman, B.C., & Ramakrishnan, Y. (2012). Red dot on the dial: Singapore radio then & now. In J. Hendrick's (Ed.) The Palgrave Handbook of Global Radio, pp. 299-319. UK: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Victoria Chorale • View topic - Passion 99.5 to shut down
- MediaCorp Radio Awarded 99.5FM Frequency For New Radio Station
- Singapore's Lush 99.5 FM Delivers 24-Hour Downtempo - News - Properly Chilled - Downtempo Music & Culture
- Digital Audio Broadcasting service to stop transmission - XinMSN Entertainment