List of railway stations in the Saarland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This list covers the passenger railway stations and halts in the Saarland, a state in southwestern Germany, that are served by scheduled and/or museum services.
The list is organised as follows:
- Name: current name of the station or halt.
- Urban/Rural county (‘’Kreis)’’: This column gives the county in which the station is located. The abbreviations used are given below and correspond to the standard abbreviations used on German car number plates. The counties in the Saarland are:
- Railway operator: All the stations in the Saarland are part of the Saarländischer Verkehrsverbund (saarVV).
- Cat: The Cat column shows the current category of the station as at 1 January 2013. This only applies however to DB Station&Service stations and excludes stations run by private operators like the Losheim Museum Railway Club (MECL).
- The next five columns show which types of train use the station. The individual abbreviations are based on those used by the DB AG but are applied equally to the equivalent services of other operators:
- Line – This column gives the railway line on which the station is situated. Only routes that are still operating over the section in which the station is found are named.
- Remarks – In this column additional information is provided, particularly with regard to railway operators and seasonal services.
- German railway station categories
- Railway station types of Germany
- List of scheduled railway routes in Germany