List of regions of Hungary
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
There are seven statistical regions of Hungary created in 1999 by the Law 1999/XCII amending Law 1996/XXI. Regions are groupings of the 19 counties and the capital city.
|Name of the region||Regional centre||Area
|Northern Hungary (Észak-Magyaroszág)||Miskolc||13,428||1,153,714||86|
|Northern Great Plain (Észak-Alföld)||Debrecen||17,749||1,474,383||83|
|Southern Great Plain (Dél-Alföld)||Szeged||18,339||1,262,936||69|
|Central Hungary (Közép-Magyarország)||Budapest||6,919||2,993,948||433|
|Central Transdanubia (Közép-Dunántúl)||Székesfehérvár||11,237||1,060,703||94|
|Western Transdanubia (Nyugat-Dunántúl)||Győr||11,209||983,933||88|
|Southern Transdanubia (Dél-Dunántúl)||Pécs||14,169||900,868||64|
- Northern Hungary includes the counties Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Heves and Nógrád.
- Northern Great Plain includes the counties Hajdú-Bihar, Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok, and Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg.
- Southern Great Plain includes the counties Bács-Kiskun, Békés and Csongrád-Csanád.
- Central Hungary includes the county of Pest and the capital Budapest.
- Central Transdanubia includes the counties Komárom-Esztergom, Fejér and Veszprém.
- Western Transdanubia includes the counties Győr-Moson-Sopron, Vas, Zala.
- Southern Transdanubia includes the counties Baranya, Somogy and Tolna.
Hungary belongs into the following euroregions:
- Carpathian Euroregion: Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg, Hajdú-Bihar, Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok, Heves
- West Pannonia Euroregion: Győr-Moson-Sopron, Vas, Zala
- Danube-Drava-Sava: Baranya
- Danube-Kris-Mures-Tisza (DKMT): Bács-Kiskun, Békés, Csongrád-Csanád, Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok
- Ister-Granum Euroregion: Komárom-Esztergom, Nógrád
(Counties sometimes only roughly correspond to euroregions, so overlap is possible.)
- Counties of Hungary
- Districts of Hungary (from 2013)
- Subregions of Hungary (until 2013)
- Administrative divisions of the Kingdom of Hungary (until 1918)
- Administrative divisions of the Kingdom of Hungary (1941–44)
- List of cities and towns of Hungary
- Region (Europe)
- Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics
- "EUROSTAT NUTS2 Population" (PDF). Brussels: EUROSTAT. 2016. Retrieved 19 December 2017.