List of renewable resources produced and traded by the United Kingdom
This list of renewable resources produced and traded by the United Kingdom presents various renewable resources such as crops for food or fuel, livestock and wood with accompanying information being given on its production and trade by the United Kingdom.
Agriculture in the United Kingdom
|Crops and livestock (2013)
(quantities in thousands of tonnes
unless otherwise specified)
the rest of
|Exports to |
the rest of
|Total Cereals||3 029||20 083||3 942||1 143||1 030||420|
|Oilseed rape||715||2 128||148||29||429||2|
|Peas for harvesting dry||13||48||--||--||--||--|
|Plants and flowers||20||--||--||--||--||--|
|Cattle and calves; beef and veal||--||842||224||82||122||5|
|Pigs and pig meat||--||791||712||10||153||54|
|Sheep and lambs; mutton and lamb||--||300||18||102||118||1|
|Poultry and poultry meat||--||1,662||449||30||213||91|
|Milk (in millions of litres)||--||13 546||132||473|
|Hen eggs (in millions of dozens)||--||829||152||1||23||-|
|Wood and pulp (2004)||UK Production||Imports||Exports||Apparent consumption||Units|
|Sawnwood||2 782||8 647||370||11 059||1,000m3|
|Woodbased panels||3 533||3 786||511||6 808||1,000m3|
|Paper & paperboard||6 240||7 442||1 547||12 135||1,000mt|
Aquaculture and fishing in the United Kingdom
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2018)
Updated statistics from the UK's Marine Management Organisation on the UK fishing sector show that UK vessels landed 724 thousand tonnes of sea fish in 2017, with a value of £980 million. 290 thousand tonnes of this haul was landed abroad by UK vessels. 
Renewable energy in the United Kingdom
The demand for electricity (produced from renewable and non-renewable sources) in the United Kingdom through 2013 measured:
104,124GWh (first quarter), 86,830GWh (second quarter), 83,811GWh (third quarter), 96,457GWh (fourth quarter), producing a total of 371,222GWh (2013).
- Agriculture in the United Kingdom
- Beekeeping in the United Kingdom
- British timber trade
- Carrying capacity
- Commodity market
- Crop rotation
- Crop yield
- Demography of the United Kingdom
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Environmental impact of agriculture
- Environmental impact of fishing
- Environmental impact of shipping
- Entomophagy, Consumption of insects
- Fishing industry in Scotland
- Food price crisis
- Food vs. fuel
- Food waste in the United Kingdom
- Forestry in the United Kingdom
- Human overpopulation
- Hunting and shooting in the United Kingdom
- Issues relating to biofuels
- Malthusian catastrophe
- Renewable Transport Fuel Obligation
- Victory garden
- "Agriculture in the United Kingdom" (PDF). Gov.uk. Defra. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Imports, exports & apparent consumption of wood products". Forestry.gov.uk. Forestry Commission. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- Marine Management Organisation (27 September 2018). "Fishing industry in 2017 statistics published". gov.uk. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- "Renewable energy in 2013" (PDF). Gov.uk.
- "ENERGY TRENDS JUNE 2014: Section 5 – Electricity" (PDF). Gov.uk. p. 41.