List of researchers on intersex
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This list consists of notable researchers on intersex issues, including human rights, legal recognition and medical issues. The individual listings note the subject's main occupation or source of notability.
Noted researchers on intersex
- Janik Bastien-Charlebois, Quebecois professor of sociology and advocate on intersex human rights.
- Morgan Carpenter, an Australian activist, researcher and bioethics graduate.
- Cary Gabriel Costello, U.S. associate professor of sociology and advocate for transgender and intersex rights.
- Georgiann Davis, U.S. associate professor of sociology and researcher on intersex issues.
- Milton Diamond, U.S. professor of neurology, Univ. of Hawai'i at Manoa, and director of The Pacific Center for Sex and Society located at the University of Hawaii.
- Alice Dreger, U.S bioethicist, author and former chair of ISNA.
- Anne Fausto-Sterling, U.S. Professor Emerita and author of numerous books on intersex, including Sexing the Body: Gender Politics and the Construction of Sexuality, 2000.
- Richard Goldschmidt (1878-1958) U.S. geneticist who coined the word intersex.
- Morgan Holmes, Canadian sociology professor, author of books including Intersex: A Perilous Difference (2007), and editor of Critical Intersex, 2009.
- Ieuan Hughes, a paediatric endocrinologist and a emeritus professor of paediatrics at the University of Cambridge.
- Tiffany Jones , Australian Associate Professor and author of books, policy works and articles on intersex, including Intersex: Stories and Statistics from Australia , 2015.
- Katrina Karkazis, U.S. bioethicist, author of Fixing Sex: Intersex, Medical Authority, and Lived Experience, a 2008 book on intersex that is regarded as meticulous, authoritative and thoughtful.
- Suzanne Kessler, U.S. social psychologist and author of Lessons from the Intersexed, which inspired creation of the Phall-O-Meter phallus measurement tool.
- Heino Meyer-Bahlburg, U.S. psychologist best known for his work on biology of sexual orientation, gender identity, intersexuality, and HIV.
- John Money (1921–2006) was a New Zealand psychologist, sexologist and author, controversial due to the David Reimer case.
- Iain Morland, British author on gender, sexuality, medical ethics and science.
- Maria New, U.S. pediatrician and geneticist.
- United Nations; Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (2015). Free & Equal Campaign Fact Sheet: Intersex (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on 2016-03-04.
- Carpenter, Morgan (2018). "Intersex variations, human rights, and the International Classification of Diseases". Health and Human Rights Journal. 20 (2). ISSN 2150-4113.
- "Cary Gabriel Costello". The New York Times. Archived from the original on August 17, 2016. Retrieved August 19, 2016.
- "Pacific Center for Sex and Society Home Page". Archived from the original on 2014-01-11.
- Dr. Morgan Holmes, Laurier Faculty of Arts
- "Professor Ieuan Hughes FMedSci FLSW". Academy of Medical Sciences. Retrieved 14 May 2017.
- "Tiffany Jones". Macquarie University. Retrieved 2019-11-25.
- "INTERSEX Stories and Statistics from Australia" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-11-25.
- Katrina Karkazis, PhD, MPH Archived 2013-12-26 at the Wayback Machine, Stanford University School of Medicine Center for Biomedical Ethics, 2013
- Kessler, Suzanne J. (1998). Lessons from the intersexed. New Brunswick, N.J: Rutgers University Press. ISBN 978-0-8135-2529-7.