List of royal weddings
A royal wedding is a marriage ceremony involving members of a royal family. Weddings involving senior members of the royal family are often seen as important occasions of state and attract significant national and international attention. The following is a list of notable royal weddings:
- 26 November 1895: Nicholas II, the last Emperor of Russia, was married to Alexandra Feodorovna at the Grand Church of the Winter Palace.
- 10 February 1840: Queen Victoria, only daughter of Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn and successor of King William IV was married to Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Duke of Saxony at the Chapel Royal, St James's Palace.
- 6 July 1893: Prince George, Duke of York, second son of King Edward VII, was married to Princess Victoria Mary of Teck at the Chapel Royal, St James's Palace.
- 4 December 1999: Prince Philippe, Duke of Brabant, eldest child and successor to King Albert II, was married to Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz at the Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula.
- 1 July 1995: Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece, eldest son and second child of King Constantine II, was married to Marie-Chantal Miller.
- 26 April 1923: Prince Albert, Duke of York, second son of King George V and successor to King Edward VIII, was married to Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon at Westminster Abbey.
- 3 June 1937: Prince Edward, eldest son and successor to George V and abdicated King, was married to Bessie Wallis Warfield Simpson at the Château de Candé.
- 20 November 1947: Princess Elizabeth, eldest daughter and successor of King George VI, was married to Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten at Westminster Abbey.
- 6 May 1960: Princess Margaret, youngest daughter of King George VI, was married to Lord Snowden at Westminster Abbey.
- 14 November 1973: Princess Anne, only daughter of Queen Elizabeth II, was married to Captain Mark Phillips at Westminster Abbey.
- 29 July 1981: Charles, Prince of Wales, eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II and heir apparent, was married to Lady Diana Spencer at St Paul's Cathedral.
- 23 July 1986: Prince Andrew, Duke of York, second son of Queen Elizabeth II, was married to Sarah Ferguson at Westminster Abbey.
- 19 June 1999: Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, youngest son of Queen Elizabeth II, was married to Sophie Helen Rhys-Jones at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle.
- 13 October 2011: Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, King of Bhutan, was married to Jetsun Pema at the Punakha Dzong in Punakha, Bhutan.
- 14 May 2004: Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, eldest son of Margrethe II of Denmark and heir apparent, was married to Mary Elizabeth Donaldson at the Church of Our Lady, Copenhagen.
- 20 October 2012: Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, eldest son of Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg and heir apparent, was married to Countess Stephanie de Lannoy at the Notre-Dame Cathedral, Luxembourg.
- 1 July 2011: Albert II, Sovereign Prince of Monaco, was married to Charlene Lynette Wittstock at the Prince's Palace of Monaco.
- 25 August 2001: Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, only son of King Harald V of Norway and heir apparent, was married to Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby at the Oslo Cathedral.
- 19 June 2010: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, eldest daughter and heir apparent of Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden, was married to Daniel Westling at the Stockholm Cathedral.
- 8 June 2013: Princess Madeleine of Sweden, youngest child of Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden, was married to Christopher O'Neill at the Stockholm Palace Church.
- 13 June 2015: Prince Carl Philip, Only son of Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden, was married to Sofia Hellqvist at the Stockholm Palace Church.
- 12 July 2012: Tupoutoʻa ʻUlukalala, Crown Prince of Tonga, was married to Sinaitakala Fakafanua at the Centennial Church in Nukuʻalofa, Tonga.
- 9 April 2005: Charles, Prince of Wales, eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II and heir apparent, was married to Camilla Parker Bowles at Windsor Guildhall.
- 29 April 2011: Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, second grandson of Queen Elizabeth II, elder son of Charles, Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer is second in line to the throne, was married to Catherine Elizabeth Middleton at Westminster Abbey.
- 19 May 2018: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, third grandson of Queen Elizabeth II, younger son of Charles, Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer is sixth in line to the throne, was married to Rachel Meghan Markle at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle.