List of schools in Taranaki
Taranaki is a region in the North Island of New Zealand. It contains numerous rural primary schools, some small town primary and secondary schools, and city schools in the New Plymouth area. Area schools in isolated areas provide complete education from primary to secondary level. Intermediate schools exist in New Plymouth, Waitara, and Hawera.
All schools are coeducational except for the boys' schools of Francis Douglas Memorial College and New Plymouth Boys' High School and the girls' schools of New Plymouth Girls' High School, Sacred Heart Girls College, and St Mary's Diocesan School.
There are two Kura Kaupapa Māori schools in the South Taranaki District, and one in New Plymouth. These schools teach solely or principally in the Māori language. The name "Te Kura Kaupapa Maori o (placename)" can be translated as "The Kaupapa Maori School of (placename)".
State schools are those fully funded by the government and at which no fees can be charged to domestic student (i.e. New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, and Australian citizens), although a donation is commonly requested. A state integrated school is a state school with a special character based on a religious or philosophical belief. A private school charges fees to its students.
The Socio-Economic Decile is a widely used measure in education in New Zealand used to allocate funding and support. A rating of 1 indicates a poor area; a rating of 10 a well-off one. The decile ratings used here come from the Ministry of Education Te Kete Ipurangi website and from the decile change spreadsheet listed in the references. The deciles were last revised using information from the 2006 Census. The roll of each school changes frequently as students start school for the first time, move between schools, and graduate. The rolls given here are those provided by the Ministry of Education, based on figures from July 2017. The Ministry of Education institution number, given in the last column, links to the Te Kete Ipurangi page for each school.
New Plymouth District
|St Joseph's School||1–8||Stratford||State integrated||6||233||—||2238|
|St Mary's Diocesan School||9–15||Stratford||State integrated||6||127||||180|
|Stratford High School||9–15||Stratford||State||4||524||||179|
|Stratford High School Teen Parent Unit||–||Stratford||State||1||n/a||||2754|
|Stratford Primary School||1–8||Stratford||State||4||397||||2244|
South Taranaki District
- Te Kete Ipurangi Ministry of Education website
- ERO school and early childhood education reports Education Review Office
- Decile change 2007 to 2008 for state & state integrated schools
- "A Framework for Review and Evaluation in Te Aho Matua Kura Kaupapa Māori". Education Review Office. February 2008. Archived from the original on October 14, 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "About School: School basics". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Archived from the original on 2008-05-26. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "School Donations & Fees". New Zealand Ministry of Education. 23 June 1998. Archived from the original on 14 July 2006. Retrieved 2006-06-23.
- "about NZ education". EduSearch. Archived from the original on December 6, 2007. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "How The Decile Is Calculated". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Reviews of Deciles - General Information". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Directory of Schools - as at 2 August 2017". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2 August 2017.