List of active Ukrainian Navy ships
This list of vessels used by Ukrainian Navy. It includes main naval ships and cutters which are in service or were recently unlisted in the Ukrainian Navy as well as the auxiliary fleet. As of December 2007, the Navy had 27 combat ships and cutters. Some 20 years after the fall of the Soviet Union, the main warships of the Ukrainian Navy are former Black Sea Fleet vessels that were designed and built in the Soviet Union.
Having several shipyards on its territory, the shipbuilding industry of Ukraine was mostly stalled after the fall of the Soviet Union. Following the Orange Revolution, on 9 August 2005 the Cabinet of Ukraine allocated some funding for the first major national program "Corvette" that was initiated by Minister of Defense Anatoliy Hrytsenko. The first warship-class built in the independent Ukraine was expected to produce its first vessel in 2016.
As of 24 March 2014, all of the larger ships but one (the frigate Hetman Sahaydachniy) of the Ukrainian Navy were captured by the Russian Black Sea Fleet. Some ships Russia returned to Ukraine. In 2015 Ukraine received 5 small (7 and 11 meter aluminum) Willard Marine patrol boats; the original order was placed in 2013.
|Warships (2 in service)|
|Krivak III||Frigate||U130 Hetman Sahaydachniy||Ukraine||1993|
|Grisha||Corvette||U206 Vinnytsia||Soviet Union||1976||Vinnytsia was returned to the Ukrainian Navy from Crimea on 19 April 2014.|
|Fast attack craft (12 in service)|
|Matka||Missile boat||U153 Pryluky||Soviet Union||1980||Ship returned to the Ukrainian Navy from Crimea on 7 May 2014. Pryluky is currently redeployed in Odessa.|
|Zhuk||Patrol boat||U170 Skadovsk|| Soviet Union
|Yaroslavets||Patrol cutter||U171 Pivdennyi||Soviet Union||?||Former tugs were converted to patrol cutter|
|Special purpose (6 in service)|
|Amur||Command/SAR ship||U-500 Donbas||Soviet Union||1969||Returned to the Ukrainian Navy on 18 April 2014|
|Ondatra||Landing cutter||U763 Svatove|| Soviet Union
|Yevgenya||Minesweeper||U-360 Henichesk||Soviet Union||1985||Ship returned to the Ukrainian Navy from Crimea on 20 May 2014|
|Polnocny-C||Mid-size landing ship||U-401 Yuri Olefirenko||Poland||1971||Ship returned to the Ukrainian Navy from Crimea on 19 April 2014|
|Muna||Reconnaissance ship||U-512 Pereyaslav|| Soviet Union
|Sorum||Seagoing tug||U-830 Korets|
|Goliat||Seagoing tug||U-831 Kovel|
|Bereza||Degaussing ship||U-811 Balta||Poland||1987||Returned to the Ukrainian Navy on 19 April 2014|
|Onega||Hydroacoustic monitoring||U-812 Sieverodonetsk|
|Moma||Geographic ship||U-602 Alchevsk|
|PO-2||Training boat||U-540 Chyhyryn
U-542 Nova Kakhovka
|?||Training gunboat||U-543 Voznesensk|
|419||AHTS vessel||U-852 Shostka||East Germany||1976||Returned to the Ukrainian Navy on 19 April 2014|
|Yuniy Partizan||Freight ship||U-753 Horlivka||Hungary||1965|
|Toplivo||Tanker||U-760 Fastiv||Soviet Union||1981|
|Boda||Depot ship||U-756 Sudak||1957|
|Роzharnу||Fire boat||U-722 Borshchiv||1954|
|T63||Towing Tug||U-942 Novoozerne||1955|
|Volodymyr Velykyi||Corvette||1||Black Sea Shipyard||Ukraine||Ukraine||Laid down (2011), ready 17% (2015), three more contract signed (2005), completion uncertain|
|Island||Patrol cutter||2||Bollinger Shipyards||United States||United States|
|Centaur||Landing craft||2||Kuznya na Rybalskomu||Ukraine||Ukraine||Contract signed (2016), fulfillment uncertain|
- Ukrainian Armed Forces 2007 White Book p.111 Archived 2008-09-10 at the Wayback Machine.
- Laying of Corvette. youtube video. May 19, 2011
- On approval of the Concept of the State defense program shipbuilding class "corvette" on the project 58250. Government order 176-2011-р. March 9, 2011
- Shishkin, Philip (26 March 2014). "One-Ship Ukraine Navy Defies Russia to the End". www.wsj.com. The Wall Street Journal Europe (Dow Jones & Company). Retrieved 7 November 2017. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Willard Marine Wins Order To Supply Patrol Boats To International Navies". Homeland Security Today.
- "На военно-морской базе в Одессе осваивают американские катера для спецназа". Information Resistance.
- "All Ukrainian battle ships left Sevastopol Bay and Donuzlav Lake". www.kyivpost.com. 2014-04-19. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Russia Returns 5 More Navy Ships to Ukraine". en.ria.ru. 2014-05-08. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Ukrainian Missile Cutter Pryluky Finishes First Sailing after Redeployment". navaltoday.com. 2014-05-08. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Auxiliary ship Donbass returns from trials". moryaukrainy.livejournal.com. 2015-08-10. Archived from the original on 2016-12-23. Retrieved 2016-02-22.
- "Порошенко в Одессе переименовал "Кировоград" (ФОТО)". Retrieved 2016-07-03.
- "After leaving Crimea, the Ukrainian navy has partially renewed its fighting capability". mignews.com.ua. 2014-06-10. Retrieved 2016-02-22.
- This year the navy will receive seven Ukrainian special cutters and two 30 meters long patrol boats from the US (Цього року ВМС отримають сім українських спеціальних катерів та два 30-метрових патрульних катера від США). milnavigator. 9 March 2017
- Ministry of Defense signed a contract on construction of two landing crafts Centaur. Ukrainian Military. 24 May 2016
- Ships of the Black Sea Fleet(in Russian)
- Hardus, M. The harsh reality: is Ukraine ready to fight at sea (Суровая реальность: готова ли Украина воевать на море). "Apostrof". 29 January 2016.