List of ships of the United States Navy named Enterprise
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|USS Enterprise (1775)||Sloop sailing vessel||10 May 1775||7 July 1777||Burned to prevent capture, 7 July 1777|
|USS Enterprise (1776)||Schooner-class sailing vessel||June 1776||February 1777||Returned to the Maryland Council of Safety in 1777. Would not have used USS prefix |
|USS Enterprise (1799)||Schooner-class sailing vessel
Brig-class sailing vessel
|17 December 1799
8 July 1823
|Fired the first shots in the First Barbary War against the Tripolitanian ship Tripoli
Stranded. Broke up on Little Curacao Island in the West Indies.
|USS Enterprise (1831)||Schooner-class sailing vessel||15 December 1831
29 November 1839
|12 July 1839
24 June 1844
|Sold, 28 October 1844|
|USS Enterprise (1874)||Barque-rigged Screw Sloop-class sailing vessel||16 March 1877
12 January 1882
4 October 1887
8 July 1890
|9 May 1880
21 March 1886
20 May 1890
1 October 1909
|Lent to Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 17 October 1892 – 4 May 1909
Sold, 1 October 1909
|Enterprise (SP-790)||Motorboat Patrol boat-class vessel||6 December 1917||2 August 1919||Transferred to the Bureau of Fisheries on 2 August 1919|
|USS Enterprise (CV-6)||Yorktown-class aircraft carrier||12 May 1938||17 February 1947||Served with unparalleled distinction in World War II, the most awarded and decorated ship from the war.
Scrapped, 1 July 1958 – May 1960
|USS Enterprise (CVN-65)||Enterprise-class aircraft carrier||25 November 1961||1 December 2012
|The world's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier.
As of 2012, longest serving combat vessel within the U.S. Navy.
In late 2012, was the third-oldest commissioned vessel in the Navy after USS Constitution and USS Pueblo.
Decommissioning scheduled, 15 March 2013. Scrapping scheduled, 2013–2015
|USS Enterprise (CVN-80)||Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carrier||2025
|Announced during Enterprise (CVN-65) inactivation ceremony on 1 December 2012 by Secretary of the Navy|
- Enterprise (disambiguation), for additional topics related to these ships' namesake
- USS Enterprise (BLDG 7115), commissioned building (27 May 2005 – June 2011)
- Enterprise, a steamboat that participated in the Battle of New Orleans
- Enterprise, a J-class racing yacht that won the America's Cup in 1930
- USTS Kennedy (T-AK-5059), former USTS Enterprise (2003–2008)
- HMS Enterprise, any of fifteen ships of the British Royal Navy
- "Navy To Name Next Ford Class Carrier Enterprise". 1 December 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012..
- "News Release - Navy's Next Ford-Class Aircraft Carrier to be Named Enterprise". U.S. Navy. 1 December 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012..
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|