List of shipwrecks in 1832
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The list of shipwrecks in 1832 includes some ships sunk, wrecked or otherwise lost during 1832.
|Agnes||United Kingdom||The ship was wrecked near Pernambuco, Brazil. She was on a voyage from Liverpool, Lancashire to Pernambuco.|
|Almorah||United Kingdom||The ship foundered in the Atlantic Ocean.|
|Betsey and Sophia||United Kingdom||The whaler was wrecked on Desolation Island, South Shetland Islands.|
|Celia||United Kingdom||The brig was wrecked off Ouessant, Finistère, France. She was on a voyage from Launceston, Van Diemen's Land and Sydney, New South Wales to London.|
|Droto||Austrian Empire||The ship was wrecked on the coast of Istria. She was on a voyage from Marseille, Bouches-du-Rhône, France to Trieste.|
|Eliza||United Kingdom||The ship was driven ashore on Île Bourbon before 7 November. She was subsequently burnt by local inhabitants.|
|Enterprise||United Kingdom||The whaler was wrecked at Cape Horn, Chile before 21 August.|
|Fame||United Kingdom||The ship was wrecked on the coast of Newfoundland, British North America.|
|Henryor Henry V||United Kingdom||The ship sprang a leak and was abandoned in the Atlantic Ocean. All on board, in excess of 180 people, were rescued by Redwing ( United Kingdom). Henry was on a voyage from Neath and Swansea, Glamorgan to Quebec City, Lower Canada, British North America.|
|Matthew||New South Wales||The ship was wrecked on Tahiti before 6 November.|
|Mermaid||New South Wales||The whaler was wrecked in the Bass Strait before 18 February. At least fourteen of her crew survived.|
|Proseus||New South Wales||The whaler was driven ashore on Gore Island.|
|Richard||United Kingdom||The ship was wrecked in the Charles River, a tributary of the Saint Lawrence River.|
|Resolucion||Chile||The ship was wrecked in the Cocos Islands.|
|Royalist||United Kingdom||The whaler struck a reef on one of the Philippine Islands before 21 September. She was taken in to Ternate, Maluku Islands where she was declared a constructive total loss.|
|Shooters||United Kingdom||The whaler was wreckedon Gore Island.|
|Sophia Jane||New South Wales||The ship was wrecked om Desolation Island before 6 June.|
|St. Vincent||Saint Vincent||The ship was driven ashore at "Abscum". She was on a voyage from Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands to New York, United States.|
|Sultan||United Kingdom||The ship was lost near Prince Edward Island, British North America. She was on a voyage from New York to Miramichi, New Brunswick, British North America.|
|Union||United Kingdom||The ship was wre3cked on Red Island, Newfoundland before 23 August. She was on a voyage from an Irish port to Quebec City.|
|Virginie||France||The ship was driven ashore at "Laguna" before 27 November. She was on a voyage from Guadeloupe to Marseille, Bouches-du-Rhône.|
|Vrow Gertrude||Netherlands||The ship was wrecked at Malta.p|
|Warren||United States||The ship was wrecked on Cape Cod, Massachusetts with the loss of nine of her seventeen crew. She was on a voyage from the Turks Islands to Boston, Massachusetts.|
|Wilhelmina||Russia||The ship was wrecked at Tarragona, Spain.|
- "Ship News". The Times (14837). London. 27 April 1832. col F, p. 1.
- "FRIDAY MORNING, April 26, 1833". The Hobart Town Courier. 26 April 1833.
- "LAST NIGHT'S POST". Launceston Advertiser. 25 October 1832.
- "Ship News". The Times (15005). London. 9 November 1832. col C, p. 4.
- "Ship News". The Times (15094). London. 21 February 1833. col E, p. 1.
- "Ship News". The Times (14945). London. 31 August 1832. col E, p. 3.
- "Ship News". The Morning Chronicle (19619). 13 July 1832.
- "FROM LLOYD'S LIST - July 10". Caledonian Mercury (17312). 14 July 1832.
- "SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE". The Sydney Herald. 20 December 1832.
- "Shipping Intelligence". The Sydney Monitor. 18 February 1832.
- "Domestic Intelligence". The Sydney Monitor. 12 January 1833.
- "Naval Intelligence". Liverpool Mercury etc (1110). 10 August 1832.
- "Ship News". The Times (14878). London. 14 June 1832. col C, p. 4.
- "Ship News". The Times (15088). London. 14 February 1833. col C, p. 3.
- "TRADE AND SHIPPING". The Hobart Town Courier. 8 June 1832.
- "Ship News". The Times (15018). London. 24 November 1832. col C, p. 6.
- "Ship News". The Morning Post (19297). 13 October 1832.
- "FROM LLOYD'S LIST - Aug. 24". Caledonian Mercury (17331). 24 August 1832.
- "Ship News". The Times (15095). London. 22 February 1833. col D, p. 2.
- "Ship News". The Times (15052). London. 3 January 1833. col C, p. 4.
- "Shipping Intelligence". Liverpool Mercury etc (1131). 4 January 1833.
- "Ship News". The Times (15046). London. 27 December 1832. col F, p. 1.
|Ship events in 1832|