List of shipwrecks in 1941
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The list of shipwrecks in 1941 includes all ships sunk, foundered, grounded, or otherwise lost during 1941.
|Frankfurt||Germany||World War II: The cargo ship was intercepted in the Atlantic Ocean ( ) by HMS Cavina ( Royal Navy) and was scuttled with the loss of about 20 crew, with 26 survivors rescued. This was on either 4 July or 4 August.|
|Frode||Norway||The cargo ship caught fire and was beached at Loshnell Bay, Oban, Argyllshire, United Kingdom. She was refloated in July 1941, repaired and returned to service.|
|Guglielmo Marconi||Regia Marina||The submarine failed to return from a patrol. She was lost between 28 October and 4 December.|
|HMS LCP(L) 24, HMS LCP(L) 25, HMS LCP(L) 26, HMS LCP(L) 27,
HMS LCP(L) 38, HMS LCP(L) 82
|Royal Navy||World War II: The landing craft personnel (large)s were lost sometime in 1941.|
|Lina B||United States||The purse seiner collided with the cargo ship Charles L. Wheeler Jr. ( United States) in fog in the Pacific Ocean near the Farallon Islands off the coast of California. The collision ripped a hole in Lina B.'s bow and disabled her steering gear.|
|Templar||United States||The 17-gross register ton, 39.7-foot (12.1 m) motor vessel was wrecked in Kuskokwim Bay in the Territory of Alaska.|
- "NAVAL EVENTS, JULY 1941, Part 1 of 2, Tuesday 1st – Monday 14th". Naval History. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "NAVAL EVENTS, AUGUST 1941, Part 1 of 2, Friday 1st - Thursday 14th". Naval History. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "D/S Frode". Warsailors. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "NAVAL EVENTS, DECEMBER 1941, Part 1 of 2, Monday 1st – Sunday 14th". Naval History. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Rm Guglielmo Marconi (MN) (+1941)". Wrecksite. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "LCP,LCP(S), LCP(L), LCP(R) Landing Craft, Royal Navy". Navypedia. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- Pacific Fisherman, 1941
- alaskashipwreck.com Alaska Shipwrecks (T)
|Ship events in 1941|