List of shipwrecks in 1941
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The list of shipwrecks in 1941 includes all ships sunk, foundered, grounded, or otherwise lost during 1941.
|Lina B||United States||The purse seiner collided with the cargo ship Charles L. Wheeler Jr. ( United States) in fog in the Pacific Ocean near the Farallon Islands off the coast of California. The collision ripped a hole in Lina B.′s bow and disabled her steering gear.|
|Frankfurt||Germany||World War II: The cargo ship was intercepted in the Atlantic Ocean ( by HMS Cavina ( Royal Navy) and was scuttled with the loss of about 20 crew, with 26 survivors rescued. This was on either 4 July or 4 August.|
|Frode||Norway||The cargo ship caught fire and was beached at Loshnell Bay, Oban, Argyllshire, United Kingdom. She was refloated in July 1941, repaired and returned to service.|
|Guglielmo Marconi||Regia Marina||The submarine failed to return from a patrol. She was lost between 28 October and 4 December.|
- Pacific Fisherman, 1941
- "NAVAL EVENTS, JULY 1941, Part 1 of 2, Tuesday 1st – Monday 14th". Naval History. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "NAVAL EVENTS, AUGUST 1941, Part 1 of 2, Friday 1st - Thursday 14th". Naval History. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "D/S Frode". Warsailors. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "NAVAL EVENTS, DECEMBER 1941, Part 1 of 2, Monday 1st – Sunday 14th". Naval History. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Rm Guglielmo Marconi (MN) (+1941)". Wrecksite. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
|Ship events in 1941|