List of shipwrecks in 1941
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The list of shipwrecks in 1941 includes all ships sunk, foundered, grounded, or otherwise lost during 1941.
|Frode||Norway||The cargo ship caught fire and was beached at Loshnell Bay, Oban, Argyllshire, United Kingdom. She was refloated in July 1941, repaired and returned to service.|
|Guglielmo Marconi||Regia Marina||The submarine failed to return from a patrol. She was lost between 28 October and 4 December.|
|HMS LCP(L) 24, HMS LCP(L) 25, HMS LCP(L) 26, HMS LCP(L) 27,
HMS LCP(L) 38, HMS LCP(L) 82
|Royal Navy||World War II: The landing craft personnel (large)s were lost sometime in 1941.|
|Lina B||United States||The purse seiner collided with the cargo ship Charles L. Wheeler Jr. ( United States) in fog in the Pacific Ocean near the Farallon Islands off the coast of California. The collision ripped a hole in Lina B.'s bow and disabled her steering gear.|
|Santiago||United States||The 979-gross ton, 198.1-foot (60.4 m) fuel oil storage barge – a converted bark – began leaking and was beached in Monashka Bay ( ) on the coast of Kodiak Island near Kodiak, Territory of Alaska.|
|Templar||United States||The 17-gross register ton, 39.7-foot (12.1 m) motor vessel was wrecked in Kuskokwim Bay in the Territory of Alaska.|
- "D/S Frode". Warsailors. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "Naval Events, December 1941, Part 1 of 2, Monday 1st – Sunday 14th". Naval History. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Rm Guglielmo Marconi (MN) (+1941)". Wrecksite. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "LCP,LCP(S), LCP(L), LCP(R) Landing Craft, Royal Navy". Navypedia. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- Pacific Fisherman, 1941
- alaskashipwreck.com Alaska Shipwrecks (S)
- alaskashipwreck.com Alaska Shipwrecks (T)
|Ship events in 1941|