List of social nudity places in Asia
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This list of social nudity places in Asia is a list of places where social nudity is practised for recreation in Asia. It includes free beaches (or clothing-optional beaches or nude beaches) and some resorts.
- Dadonghai Beach, north end, in Sanya, Hainan Island. This beach had been an unofficial naturist site for more than ten years before nudity at the beach was banned in February 2014 following complaints.
This section does not cite any sources. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hong Kong does not officially allow nude or topless bathing, and most local bathers are quite conservative in their beach dress (e.g. many women wear T-shirts over swimsuits). Nevertheless, more remote parts of Hong Kong's extensive coastline do offer opportunities for nudity:
- At least one naturist organization in the territory arranges weekend boat trips to the more remote parts of Sai Kung Country Park in the New Territories.
- Unofficial nudist beaches reportedly exist on Lantau Island.
- Tai Long Wan beach on the Chi Ma Wan Peninsula is sometimes used by naturists.
- Historically, nudists gathered at Sha Tin in the 1930s and Wok Tai Wan on Tsing Yi Island, from the late 1930s to the 1950s.
- Power Station Beach on Lamma Island is reported to be used for nude night swimming at times.
- South Bay Beach near Repulse Bay. Some report that the beach is frequently used by groups of expatriate women for nude sunbathing [unconfirmed]. South Bay and neighboring Middle Bay see occasional topless use by women.
- Kau Ling Chung beach (狗嶺涌營地) – east of Fan Lau beach and due west of the obelisk is used by naturists. It is a remote location, usually empty except for the naturists.
- Among the Hindu religious sects, only the sect known as Naga sadhu can be seen nude. These Sadhus usually wear a loin cloth around their waist, but not always. They usually remain in their Akhara, deep forest or isolation and come out in public only once every sixth year during Ardha Kumbh and Kumbha Mela. The Naga sadhus are prominent at Kumbha Mela and may not wear any clothes even in severe winter.
- Neve Midbar Beach at the northern end of the Dead Sea is a small private resort with a section of the shore set aside as a nude beach.
- Metsoke Dragot Beach by the Dead Sea, located an oasis in the dead sea where a couple of sweet water springs pour into the Dead Sea. This is a natural beach and there are no facilities, but the sweet water springs can be used for shower after a dip in the dead sea.
- Twice a year, in June and September, a mostly-young naturist festival is held in Israel, featuring a lot of parties, music, spiritual lessons, and more. This event takes place not far from Eilat on road number 40, at a place called "Desert Ashram".
- Some public hot spring baths in Japan allow mixed gender nudity, particularly those in rural locations and where permitted by prefectural law. Related Japanese terms include: onsen for hot spring; konyoku for mixed gender bath; and sentō for a type of public bath, but gender separated.
- China Sea Island in Boayan Island, Philippines
- Fridays Island in El Nido, Palawan, Philippines
- Finca Granja is a proposed nudist resort, intended to be the first on the main island of the Philippines, located just outside Cauayan.
This section does not cite any sources. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Nude forest bathing is a well-known traditional form of legalized nudism in Korea for well-being, in which nudists are allowed to walk through the trees in the park naked. Famous legal place include Jangheung County in South Jeolla Province, South Korea.
- Public baths (Jjimjilbang) are also widespread and nude communal bathing is normal, although nudity is not permitted in unisex areas.
- The government of Jeju Province has reviewed the opening of its first nude beaches – Jungmun Beach and Hamdeok Beach in Jeju Island.
- In Thailand there are a number of naturist resorts. All are member resorts of Naturist Association Thailand 
and host regularly scheduled monthly meetings. Examples include Chan Resort in Pattaya, Oriental Village in Chiang Mai, Phuan Naturist Village outside of Sattahip, Lemon Tree Resort in Phuket, Barefeet in Bangkok, NF Camp in Phetchaburi and the Oriental Beach Village on the island of Koh Kho Khao. Peace Blue Naiharn in Phuket has been completed and is open, and additional naturist resorts are under construction.
- Phillips, Tom (2014-02-07). "Chinese police order nudists to cover up". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Chinese nudists wrestle with beach ban". China View TV. 2014-03-03. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Bali au Naturel". Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "Laki Uma Villa". Naturistdirectory.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- Joe Yogerst (19 June 2018). "Dare to bare: 15 of the world's best nude beaches". CNN Travel.
- "חוף נווה מדבר – main". Archived from the original on 2014-11-06. Retrieved 25 December 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Floating in the Dead Sea". Active Naturists. 20 February 2011. Retrieved 2016-03-23.
- "Welcome to the Ashram in the desert". Desertashram.co.il. Archived from the original on 2009-02-05. Retrieved 2015-08-16. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Nude Beach - Kadzhi Say vil., Ysyk-Köl". Foursquare.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Reports and Information - Asia/Pacific". Net Nude. Retrieved on September 1, 2014.
- "Friday Island Paradise". Naturistholiday.info. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Home". Fridays Island. Retrieved on September 1, 2014.
- Gregers Moller (21 April 2018). "Finca Granja Cauayan – a new naturist resort in the Phillippines [sic]". Naturist Association Thailand.
- "Chan Resort – Most Naturist Friendly Resort in Thailand". Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "Oriental Village Naturist Resort in Thailand – Chiang Mai". OrientalVillage. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "Phuan Naturist Village". PhuanNaturistVillage.com.
- "Naturist Resorts". Naturist Association Thailand.
- "Oriental Beach Village Naturist Resort in Thailand".
- Jerlyn Ng (25 June 2015). "Get Naked: Top (And Topless) Places In Asia to Bare It All". TripZilla.