List of social nudity places in North America
This is a list of places where social nudity is practised in North America for recreation. As a philosophy, this practice is commonly referred to as naturism; the International Naturist Federation has affiliates in over 30 countries. However, most who indulge in this activity are likely not formal members of a naturist organization. This listing includes free beaches (clothing-optional beaches or nude beaches) and some private resorts.
- 1 Anguilla
- 2 Antigua & Barbuda
- 3 The Bahamas
- 4 Canada
- 5 Costa Rica
- 6 Cuba
- 7 Dominican Republic
- 8 French Antilles
- 9 Grenada
- 10 Jamaica
- 11 Mexico
- 12 Netherlands Antilles
- 13 Panama
- 14 United States
- 14.1 Alabama
- 14.2 Alaska
- 14.3 Arizona
- 14.4 Arkansas
- 14.5 California
- 14.6 Colorado
- 14.7 Connecticut
- 14.8 Florida
- 14.9 Georgia
- 14.10 Hawaii
- 14.11 Idaho
- 14.12 Illinois
- 14.13 Indiana
- 14.14 Kansas
- 14.15 Kentucky
- 14.16 Louisiana
- 14.17 Maine
- 14.18 Maryland
- 14.19 Massachusetts
- 14.20 Michigan
- 14.21 Minnesota
- 14.22 Mississippi
- 14.23 Missouri
- 14.24 Nevada
- 14.25 New Hampshire
- 14.26 New Jersey
- 14.27 New Mexico
- 14.28 New York
- 14.29 North Carolina
- 14.30 Ohio
- 14.31 Oklahoma
- 14.32 Oregon
- 14.33 Pennsylvania
- 14.34 Rhode Island
- 14.35 South Carolina
- 14.36 Tennessee
- 14.37 Texas
- 14.38 Utah
- 14.39 Vermont
- 14.40 Virginia
- 14.41 Washington
- 14.42 West Virginia
- 14.43 Wisconsin
- 15 United States Virgin Islands
- 16 See also
- 17 References
- Captain's Bay
- Beach off Hawkbill Beach Resort
Antigua & Barbuda
- Breezes Bahamas, Nassau
British Columbia has thousands of kilometres of coastline and thousands of lakes, as well as millions of hectares of natural parks and undeveloped land. The vast majority of these areas are mostly uninhabited and nude swimming and sunbathing can be done with little concern for disturbing others. In the populated areas, particularly the Lower Mainland, Greater Victoria, and the Okanagan, nudity is generally practiced only in certain established or isolated locations (usually beaches) and on private properties.
- Wreck Beach is the second largest clothing-optional beach in North America with over 100,000 visitors each year. On the shore of the Georgia Strait and the north arm of the Fraser River, it is part of Pacific Spirit Regional Park, which is adjacent to the University Endowment Lands, just west of the city limits of Vancouver.
- In Surrey, 2006 political wrangling has fallen in favour of allowing nude sunbathing at Crescent Rock Beach.
- Red Sands Beach in Nelson is a nude beach used mainly by locals. Camping is not permmited.
- Three Mile Beach in Penticton is a traditional clothing optional beach, with frequent use by not only community, but by local and international tourists.
- Nipple Point in Salmon Arm is a rocky beach east of the town that sees occasional nude use.
- Tribune Bay (Tribune Bay Provincial Park) on Hornby Island is a clothing optional sandy/small round gravel beach, close to the Co-op, camping nearby. "Little Tribune Bay" is the nude (or clothing-optional) beach; the Provincial Park beach is a non-nude beachfront. "Little Tribune Bay" is around a small rocky point to the west of the Provincial Park campground/beach. It is very nice and accessible by road, boat or around the beach from the Provincial Park.
- Mission Flats Beach, Kamloops. From downtown head east to Mission Flats Road. Follow that for approximately five minutes until you pass the pulp mill. There will be a large sign on the north side of the road stating no trespassing but there is a trail system to the beach from there. If you drive 20 seconds beyond the sign there is a parking lot with trails to the beach. Expansive sandy beach early spring and late summer based on the rise and fall of water levels. Very popular with couples as well as singles.
- Prior Lake on Vancouver Island near Victoria. From a backroad around Thetis Lake, there is access to this smaller lake which features a secluded dock that is clothing optional.
- Sol Sante Club is a naturist club located on a 175-acre (71 ha) property near Cobble Hill, north of Victoria on Vancouver Island.
- At Lost Lake in Whistler, there is a "Nudy Dock" where it is acceptable to bathe and suntan nude.
- Paradise Beach (Bareass Beach), located just outside Saskatoon
- Crystal Crescent Beach Provincial Park, near Sambro, is about 18 kilometres (11 mi) from Halifax and has a section that is a nude beach.
- All areas of Ontario, unless otherwise specified by town or city by-laws, allow both males and females to be topless in public.
- Hanlan's Point Beach on the Toronto Islands is a sandy clothing-optional beach.
- The Ponderosa Nature Resort (colloquially The Pond) is a year-round resort between Guelph and Hamilton off Highway 6. It will be hosting NUDEstock North, Canada's first Nudestock music festival.
- Beechgrove Beach, Toronto, located 100 metres east of the parking lot at the end of Beechgrove Avenue
- Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park is a year-round facility.
- The Grand Barn is a clothing-optional facility located in eastern Ontario, equidistant between Ottawa, Cornwall, and Montreal.
- Sandbanks Provincial Park has an unofficial nude beach area away from the mainstream beach area with signs posted against it.
- A private beach in Port Burwell, approximately 1,000 metres west of the Port Burwell Provincial Park parking lot #5.
- Freedom Fields Naturist Ranch (www.freedomfieldsnaturistranch.com) near Tamworth
- Lakesun Club (www.lakesun.net) near Inverary
- The city of Toronto permits nudity at public events, such as the World Pride Parade & the World Naked Bike Ride.
- Patricia Beach has a section that is an unofficial nude beach on Lake Winnipeg.
- Beaconia Beach has an unofficial nude beach section on the southeastern shore of Lake Winnipeg.
- Naturist Legacy Park is a family friendly facility that welcomes everyone interested in naturism. The site features both RV and tent camping areas, modern washrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, a sparkling new swimming pool, a new beach sand volleyball court and a new bocce court.
- Oka (Oka National Park – known locally as Okapulco), at , is about 40 kilometres (25 mi) from Montreal.
- Meech Lake in Gatineau Park has had an unofficial nude beach for over 70 years, though it is subject to periodic raids from local police.
Prince Edward Island
- Blooming Point Beach, in Prince Edward Island National Park along the northern shore of Prince Edward Island, contains an unofficial clothing-optional beach. The nude section is about a 15–20 minute walk west (to the left) of the parking lot.
- Cayo Santa Maria
- Caliente Caribe, near Abreu in Puerto Plata province. There have been reports that this resort has closed.
The following beaches on in the French Antilles.
- Anse Crawen, not far from Bourg
- Anse Tarare
- Anse Traubaud
- Petite Anse de Salines
- Columbier Beach
- Flamands Beach
- Gouveneur Beach
- Grand cul de Sac
- Shell Beach
- St. Jean Beach
- Orient Beach (contains an official nude section and is the most popular social nude beach on the island)
- Club Orient (resort, restaurant and bars located adjacent to the official nude section of Orient Beach)
- Cupecoy (contains a nude section and non-nude section)
- Happy Bay (not officially nude but one side of beach is frequently nude)
- Topless is permitted on all beaches on the French side of the island, but many secluded beaches attract nude sunbathers.
- The Jardin d'O Caribbean clothing optional resort is close to three beaches that are naturist-nudist friendly (Orient Bay, Happy Bay and Pinel Island).
- Beach off Sandals LaSource Resort
- Breezes Runaway Bay
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Grand Lido Negril
- Grand Lido Sans Souci
- Hedonism II in Negril
- Negril Cabins Resort
- Rolcata Resort & Spa
- Sandals Royal Caribbean(backside of private island)
- Seven Mile Beach, Negril
- Sunset Beach Resort & Spa
- Nude Lun Park
- Amigos Casa clothing optional B&B near Guadalajara
- Zipolite, Oaxaca: Zipolite beach has been nudist for more than 30 years. Nudism in Zipolite is tolerated, since Mexican law condemns only "immorality" and thus the issue ends up being a matter of the judge's criteria. This beach is reputed to be the best place for nudism in the country. The numerous nudists and the long tradition make it safe for nudists.
- Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, has a beach in town located near the Cozumel ferry terminal that allows topless sunbathing, at least informally. Within Playa del Carmen, there's a strip of beach called Kentenah which hosts some secluded resorts such as Hidden Beach that is designed for nudists. Some topless sunbathing also occurs at Tulum, although not as commonly as in Playa del Carmen. There are also adult lifestyle hotels like Desire and Desire Pearl.
- The Intima Resort (formerly Mak Nuk) has a completely nude beach inside the biosphere protected area.
- Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, has beach areas where topless sunbathing occurs, especially at Playa Norte. Nude bathers are advised to use caution as local police do issue citations.
- Destilerías, Nayarit, north of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, and just north of Bucerias, Nayarit, has a beach where nudism is "tolerated".
On Aruba island, two beaches allow nudity, especially in late afternoon and dawn:
- Sorobon Resort on Bonaire used to be a naturist resort, but is no longer so.
Curaçao has no legal nude beaches at this time.
- The Natural Curaçao is a clothing optional mini-resort in Willemstad that also offers boat trips.
- There are also several beaches on the west end of the island that are okay with topless sunbathing.
The island of St Martin has a Dutch side, Sint Maarten, and a French side Saint Martin. Orient Bay on the French side has a nudist section. Club Orient, a family-friendly clothing-optional beach resort, is on Orient Bay.
- Gymno-Vita Park is a 110-acre (45 ha) AANR affiliated campground for couples and families only near Pell City
- Black Bear Camp in Waverly
- The ReTreat in Horton
- Spring Creek Campground & Resort in Geneva
- Camp Rock Bottom in Sand Rock
Public nudity is illegal in Alaska (no social places).
- Whispering Winds Resort is a TNS affiliated proposed bed and breakfast in Homer. There have been reports since June 2008, but this has not yet opened.
Public nudity is illegal in Arizona. However, Verde Hot Springs (springs only – not the campground) is traditionally nude. There are a few clothing-optional gay resorts in Phoenix. Tucson's Upper Tanque Verde Creek is a popular social nudity spot. The lower trail leads to a series of pools and waterfalls along Tanque Verde Creek. The Upper Trail is a quick, 10-minute hike to a well-liked swimming and sunning spot used by sunbathers of both sexes clothed and unclothed.
- Shangri La Ranch in New River is a family friendly facility that welcomes everyone interested in naturism.
- Mira Vista Resort in Tucson is a clothing-optional resort that opened in May 2006.
- Casa Cahava Clothing Optional B&B in Cave Creek
- Casa Jardin Paraiso Clothing Optional B&B in Phoenix
- El Dorado Hot Spring in Tonopah
- Magic Circle in Quartzsite
- AZ Lagoon del Sol Clothing Optional B&B in Phoenix is a part of Clothing Optional Home Network and is an AANR Participating Business.
- Royal Villa in Phoenix
- Magnetic Valley Resort in Eureka Springs is a private men-only resort. The pool and bar areas are clothing optional.
- Alameda County
- The Sequoians, a nudity-required nudist club located in Castro Valley
- Del Norte County
- El Dorado County
- Humboldt County
- Inyo County
- Lake County
- Los Angeles County
- Marin County
- Red Rock Beach, a half mile south of Stinson Beach
- Mendocino County
- Mono County
- Monterey County
- Napa County
- Nevada County
- Orange County
- Riverside County
- "Anahata Springs Spa and Retreat" near Palm Springs is a clothing optional zen spa and retreat with hot spring pool and spa.
- Living Waters Spa in Desert Hot Springs. This swimsuit optional spa has hot spring water pools, and the spa is an easy introduction to social nudity. TripAdvisor named them as one of the Top 25 Small Hotels in the US for 2013, 2104, and 2015.
- Glen Eden Nudist Resort – One of the largest membership owned clubs in the country, Glen Eden, located in Corona, is Southern California's premier nudist destination.
- Desert Sun Resort – Formally Desert Shadows Inn. One of the premier nudist resorts in North America. Located in Palm Springs.
- The Terra Cotta Inn Clothing-Optional Resort and Spa in Palm Springs is a nudist resort that is popular with first-time nude sunbathers. Palm Springs Life Magazine selected them one of top three best boutique hotels in Palm Springs in their December 2009 "Best of the Best" issue.
- Sacramento County
- San Benito County
- San Bernardino County
- Deep Creek Hot Springs – Clothing-optional hot spring in the San Bernardino National Forest near Apple Valley
- Olive Dell Ranch – Naturist resort in Colton, a few miles from San Bernardino and Riverside. Olive Dell Ranch is southern California's favorite nudist resort for families and couples.
- Silver Valley Sun Club - A small clothing-optional resort located in Newberry Springs, about 20 miles (32 km) east of Barstow.
- San Diego County
- Black's Beach, in La Jolla, a neighborhood of San Diego, is possibly the largest de facto clothing-optional beach in the United States. Part of the beach is in a state park where it is legal to be nude, while the rest is on city property where it is illegal to be nude but generally tolerated.
- DeAnza Springs Resort – Naturist resort in Jacumba. DeAnza Springs is the largest and one of the newest clothing optional resorts in North America. Situated on more than 500 acres (202 ha) of high desert (at 2,600 feet or 792 metres) in eastern San Diego County, it is ideal for year-round vacationing.
- San Onofre Beach is 55 km (34.2 mi) northwest of this beach (near San Clemente). It was clothing optional until 2010.
- San Francisco City and County
- Baker Beach is a beach of the National Park Service in San Francisco. The north end of the beach (closest to the Golden Gate Bridge) is officially sanctioned as clothing-optional.
- Land's End – Within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Land's End beach is a beautiful and legal nude beach in the San Francisco area. It is reached only by a steep, difficult trail.
- San Francisco - There was a law passed by the city council in the fall of 2012 making public nudity an infraction city-wide. The law went into effect in February 2013 but may be challenged in court.
- San Luis Obispo County
- San Mateo County
- San Gregorio nude beach might be the oldest continuously active nude beach in the United States. It dates to 1967 and is 3 km (1.9 mi) of public beach which can be reached only by a private road near the town of San Gregorio on the San Mateo County coast, south of San Francisco. San Gregorio beach is the largest of about 20 clothing-optional beaches along the coast between San Francisco and Santa Cruz.
- Devil's Slide or Gray Whale Cove is the only officially sanctioned nude state-owned beach in California. Run for years by a private concessionaire who provided the only access to this remote beach, the State of California took over its operation. NOTE: The California State Park system officially outlaws nudity unless the area is specifically set aside for such use (e.g., dressing areas).
- Santa Barbara County
- Santa Clara County
- Santa Cruz County
- Laguna Creek Beach – Public beach frequented by nude sunbathers 6 miles (9.7 km) north of Santa Cruz on Highway 1.
- Bonny Doon Beach – About a 10–15 minute drive from Santa Cruz on North Highway 1. Across from Bonny Doon Road. Nude beach is down the cliff – there are two sections of beach – the south end is for clothed beachgoers, and the north end, divided from the main beach by a large rock, is for nude sunbathers.
- Santa Cruz - The beach adjacent to the Santa Cruz Seaside County Beach Boardwalk. All bathers regardless of gender may go topless by county ordinance.
- Sonoma County
- Trinity County
- Ventura County
- Mon-Chalet, an adult resort in Aurora, with basic, standard and deluxe suites, and an indoor clothing-optional pool.
- Mountain Air Ranch in Indian Hills
- Orvis Hot Springs, a clothing-optional natural hot springs in Ridgway.
- North end of the Boulder Reservoir, near Boulder.
- Valley View Hot Springs and the Orient Land Trust — 2,200 acres (890 ha) of clothing optional recreation in the San Luis Valley. Chlorine-free swimming pool, hiking trails, soaking ponds; accommodations include tent camping sites, vehicle camp sites & cabin rentals.
- Strawberry Hot Springs (only after dark) — Steamboat Springs
- Dream Canyon just outside of Boulder
- Desert Reef Hot Spring in Florence.
- Dakota Hot Springs (formerly known as "The Well"), in Penrose.
- The "rock" just west of the Red Lion Restaurant on Boulder Canyon Drive. Look for the parking on the left as you move up the canyon after the turn off to the restaurant.
- Sun Ridge Resort in Sterling about 1⁄2 mile (0.80 km) from the Rhode Island border and about 15 miles (24 km) from Massachusetts. The resort has 95 wooded level sites on a mountain ridge.
- Solair Family Nudist Resort in Woodstock is a family oriented nudist resort and campground, owned and operated by its members.
- B&G of Connecticut, East Hartford, private social club for male naturists
- Apollo Beach inside the Canaveral National Seashore near New Smyrna Beach on the Atlantic Coast of Florida. The accepted clothing-optional sunbathing area starts about 1⁄4 mile (0.4 km) south of Parking Area 5. Unlike Playalinda Beach (see below), this part of the national seashore is in Volusia County, which does not have an anti-nudity ordinance. Scarce parking (29 spaces) usually limits visitors to fewer than a hundred at a time. (There is another Apollo Beach in Hillsborough County, Florida that has a very small beach inside Tampa Bay and very close to the TECO electric plant. This is not a naturist beach and violators are fined.)
- Boca Chica Beach on Boca Chica Key near Key West. There are no legal nude beaches in Key West, but Boca Chica has been used by locals for clothing-optional use and kept it secret for years. The secluded area has some sandy beach areas but not wide. There are no facilities or anywhere to clean up so visitors have to remove anything they bring. The road to the beach is near mile marker 10 on the Overseas Highway on Big Coppitt Key. Turn south on SR 941 or Boca Chica Road, driving through Geiger Key and back to Boca Chica Key. The beach is located at the end of the road, approximately 3.5 miles (5.6 km) from the highway. Beyond the concrete barricade, immediately south of the culvert, the nude area begins and stretches for 2 miles (3 km).
- Caliente Tampa is a clothing-optional resort in Land O' Lakes. A membership is required to visit, but visitors can obtain daily memberships. The resort has a hotel on site with a large pool, many smaller pools, a hot tub and volleyball pools.
- Camp David near Inverness is a private 16-acre (6.5 ha), secluded clothing-optional campground catering to gay men. The camp is heavily wooded with three small lakes. Membership is required, but day passes may be purchased.
- Casa Alegra Clothing Optional B&B in Sarasota County is part of Clothing Optional Home Network and is an AANR Participating Business.
- Florida Young Naturists is a landless organization based in West Palm Beach affiliated with The Naturist Society (TNS) aimed at 18- to 30-year-olds. It was formed about 2009 to attract younger people to naturism.
- Gulf Coast Resort - now called Eden Resort in Hudson in Pasco County is a 10-acre (4.0 ha) RV resort north of Tampa.
- Haulover Beach, in Miami-Dade County between Bal Harbour and Sunny Isles Beach ( ), is one of the most popular nude beaches in North America. Haulover Nude Beach is part of the county's Haulover Beach Park situated between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean. This 0.4-mile (0.64 km) stretch of white sand shore, open ocean surf, various shaded picnic facilities, beautifully landscaped sand dunes, and concession stands has attracted as many as 7,000 people on a single day. The northern nude area is officially recognized as clothing-optional with official signs and is only a part of the Haulover Beach Park but attracts 66% to 85% of park visitors.
- The Island Group in Land O' Lakes is a 3-acre (1.2 ha) nudist island, founded in 1948 with a nice quiet atmosphere, a lovely pool and hot tub.
- Key West Private Charters offers 4-hour, 6-hour, 8-hour snorkeling, scuba diving, sunset and custom power boat trips on which nudity is permitted. The trip launches from the Dream Catchers boat dock at College Drive in Key West. There are other companies offering private charters that allow nudity as long as the boat is 3 miles (5 km) out in the sea where nudity is legal.
- Lake Como Family Nudist Resort in Pasco County is Florida's oldest, which began operation on April 25, 1941. It is a resident-owned cooperative of 196 acres (79 ha) in a very natural setting, of which 51 acres (20.6 ha) are registered as woodland and 60 acres (24.3 ha) as wetland. Six lakes are within or border the property. Non-resident memberships in the resort are available, and free tours are available for those interested.
- Lake Linda Circle in Land O' Lakes is a fenced nudist community on Leonard Road, founded in 1998 is probably the first residential nudist mobile home park in Florida, and maybe North America.
- Next Generation Naturists is a non-landed organization promoting the non sexual naturist lifestyle, focused to the young adult (18- to 35-year-old) demographic.
- Oasis is a 28-home nudist community with clubhouse, tropical park, a heated community pool and a tennis court. The nudist subdivision, started in 2000, is walled by a 6-foot (1.8 m) fence.
- Paradise Lakes in Pasco County is a clothing optional resort, which is famed for their "bubble parties" and water volleyball.
- Paradise Pines RV Park in Lutz is a nudist RV park with 81 lots, a pool and clubhouse.
- Playalinda Beach in Titusville is part of Canaveral National Seashore and operated by the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge (US Fish & Wildlife Service). Nudity has long been allowed, and there is an unofficial clothing-optional beach located at the north end of Parking Lot 13 and north of dune crossover 13B. While there is no federal law restricting nude sunbathing, Brevard County passed an ordinance against nudity, but the Sheriff is not enforcing it pending a challenge to the constitutionality of the ordinance.
- Riverboat Club on Caliente Boulevard in Land O' Lakes was formed in July 1990 and has since grown into a popular vacation spot. It is a private membership club and is home to more than 25 people year round. Hundreds of Tampa Bay area naturists visit regularly and during special events. Many visitors camp out for a day, weekend, monthly or year round.
- Riviera Naturist Resort in Pace features activities on site in a secluded part of Santa Rosa County in the Florida Panhandle.
- Sawmill in Dade City is a fenced gay nudist community, founded in 1945 on 100 acres (40 ha) with about 160 homes on site.
- South Beach in Miami permits topless sunbathing, partially due to the large number of foreign tourists and immigrants that frequent the beach.
- Sunshine Beach Club, also called Florida Naturist Park, in Hudson is a nudist subdivision with 120 acres (49 ha) and 42 homes, founded in 1959.
- SunSport Gardens in Palm Beach County offers acres of beautiful natural outdoors with recreation facilities and camping.
- The Woods RV Park in Land O' Lakes is an upscale clothing-optional RV park and resort that opened in 2008 with lots for sale and for rent. It boasts a 2,500-square-foot (230 m2) clubhouse and heated pool.
- Bell Acres Resort in Maysville. AANR and TNS affiliated.
- Hidden River Resort in Saint George, with a mailing address of Sanderson, Florida. AANR affiliated.
- Mountain Creek Grove Resort in Cleveland. This is an adult only resort.
- Native Woods Naturist Park in Darien. AANR and TNS affiliated.
- Paradise Valley Resort and Club in Dawsonville is a club with 108 acres (44 ha), three swimming pools and a restaurant. AANR and TNS affiliated.
- Serendipity Park in Cleveland. AANR and TNS affiliated.
- The Naturist Escape in East Ellijay. This is a non-landed, all ages welcome, social naturist organization that is based out of the north Georgia mountains.
- Donkey Beach on Kaua‘i
- Kehena Beach (Dolphin Beach) is a black sand beach in the Puna District of the island of Hawai‘i ("Big Island")
- Larsen's Beach on Kaua‘i
- Little Mākena Beach in Mākena State Park, Maui
- Red Sand Beach near Hāna on Maui
- Kauapea Beach on Kaua‘i
- Slaughterhouse Beach in Hana Highway on Maui
- HanginLoose Clothing-Optional Retreat & Botanical Gardens – "Big Island"
- Sun Meadows Resort in Worley is affiliated with TNS and AANR. It was the site of the 2005 TNS Gathering.
- Jerry Johnson's Hot Springs is located 20 miles (32 km) west of the Montana state line on US 12. Located on the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest, the warm water pools are about a 1-mile (1.6 km) hike in and known for the clothing-optional atmosphere.
- Nude sunbathing and swimming has occurred at Illinois Beach State Park, 1 mile (1.6 km) south of the park headquarters building, at the end of the beach.
- Until 1995, nude night swimming occurred at Oak Street Beach in Chicago and other beaches on Lake Michigan, prior to its elimination by police patrols.
- Blue Lake Resort is a family oriented nudist park located in Erie, in the Rock River valley of northwestern Illinois, 30 miles (48 km) northeast of the Quad Cities area (Moline, Rock Island and Davenport). Approximately 20 acres (8.1 ha) of sunny and shaded areas situated amid 98 acres (40 ha) of farmland. The camp facilities are approved by the State of Illinois each year.
- Nude Dudes Chicago is a group of 18- to 40-year-old gay men who enjoy public nudity and host events in and around the Chicago area all year round.
- Couples Playhouse Nudist Retreat near Aurora hosts nudist events on Wednesdays and Thursdays. They feature indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs. There is sand and water volleyball, as well as a huge tanning deck. A nice buffet is included. A good selection of lawn sports are provided.
- NUD R US Family Nudist Club (NFNC) is a small Christian and home-based nudist club near Bloomington that is open to all of good moral character. NFNC has an indoor dipping/conversation pool and an outdoor 30-foot (9.1 m) above-ground pool, a hot tub, firepit, sundeck, outdoor, lounge and rental rooms and tent spaces.
- Our Haven Nature Sanctuary is located in French Lick and is a privately run clothing-optional festival ground with 175 acres (71 ha) of forest, trails, and great camping space that it is open to all races, genders, sexual orientations, and positive lifestyles and spiritual paths. There are designated clothing-optional areas of Our Haven that are open year-round. With only a 20 minute drive to the casino, restaurants, or the West Baden Springs Hotel there is plenty to experience. Approximately 66 miles (106 km) from Louisville, Kentucky, and 126 miles (203 km) from Indianapolis.
- Drakes Ridge Rustic Nudist Retreat in Bennington is a rural, wooded setting in the hills of Switzerland County, midway between the three major cities of Louisville, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati, and 13 miles (21 km) north of Vevay.
- Fern Hills Club in Bloomington is in the center of about 75 acres (30 ha) of hardwood forest that the members enjoy by walking the trails or using their golf carts.
- Lake O' Woods Club in Valparaiso is a member-owned, family oriented, cooperative nudist club that was founded in 1933. It is located in 130 acres (53 ha) of woods and features a 20-acre (8.1 ha) lake.
- Ponderosa Sun Club in Roselawn. The purpose of this club is to promote health and happiness for its members. The Ponderosa Sun Club is a family oriented nudist resort (not clothing-optional) located in rural Roselawn Indiana on about 88 acres (36 ha) of woodland. Ponderosa Sun Club opened in 1965. The focus of the club's activities is their 65 by 120 feet (20 by 37 m) swimming pool with concrete sunning apron and a formal garden.
- Sunshower Country Club in Centerville is a family nudist resort established in 1959.
- Sunny Haven Recreation Park in Granger, located near South Bend, has been the home to family nude recreation in northern Indiana since 1947.
- Sunaura Resort is an adults-only clothing-optional camp. Overnight RV camping is available. Location has a large pool, wooded scenic trails and weekend parties at the roundhouse.
- Camp Gaea is a non-denominational retreat center/campground located just east of McLouth that tolerates nudity in some areas.
- Lake Edun in Topeka is affiliated with The Naturist Society.
- Prairie Haven in Scranton is a family nudist club on 30 acres (120,000 m2) affiliated with AANR and The Naturist Society.
- Sandy Lane Club in Hutchinson is associated with AANR.
- KYANA Naturists in Louisville and Lexington
- Bluegrass Naturists in Nicholasville and Lexington
- Central Kentucky Family United Nudists (CKFUN) in Lexington
- Kentuckiana Gay Nudists in Frankfort
- Indian Hills Family Nudist Park is a campground community of nudist enthusiasts in Slidell.
- Sandy Bares in Metairie
- Dive In Guest House in New Orleans
- Bayou Allure Clothing Optional B&B in Baton Rouge is part of Clothing Optional Home Network.
- Twin Ponds Lodge is a private membership-only social club 25 minutes from Waterville. It is adult only and male only. In addition to the ponds, the resort has 75 acres (30 ha) of fields and woods as well as some indoor facilities and is open year round.
- Sherwood Forest in Dover-Foxcroft
- Maine Coast Solar Bares in Augusta
- Frenchman's Hole in Newry
- Lakewood Park in Bar Harbor
- Richmond Sauna Bed & Breakfast in Richmond
- Maryland Area Naturist Association is the first ever and currently the only family nudist club in Baltimore County and City.
- Camp Ramblewood in Darlington is available for groups wishing to host clothing-optional events.
- Maryland Health Society in Davidsonville is a privately owned nudist club.
- Pine Tree Associates in Crownsville, founded in 1934, is a cooperatively owned nudist club.
- Cape Cod:
- Marstons Mills: Sandy Terraces Associates is a family oriented, co-operative campground.
- Provincetown: Public nudity has at times been tolerated on the beaches around Provincetown, especially in the small area that is not part of the Cape Cod National Seashore.
- Truro: Public nudity is unofficially tolerated on Longnook Beach.
- Hancock: Berkshire Vista Nudist Resort is a family oriented, privately owned facility.
- Nantucket: Public nudity is unofficially tolerated in the area between Miacomet Beach and Surfside Beach.
- Martha's Vineyard:
- Moshup Beach in Aquinnah contains an area where public nudity is unofficially tolerated. (Both the Aquinnah area and Moshup Beach are often called "Gay Head", the former legal name of the town of Aquinnah.)
- Lucy Vincent Beach in Chilmark contains an area where public nudity is permitted.
- MVBoat offers private charter trips on which nudity is permitted.
- Turtle Lake Resort in Union City
- Northaven Resort in Brooklyn
- Cherry Lane Resort in North Adams
- Forest Hills Club in Saranac
- Spruce Hollow Campground in Mesick
- Whispering Oaks Nudist Resort in Oxford
- Avatan in East Bethel (affiliated with AANR)
- Oakwood Club is located 35 minutes north of Minneapolis–Saint Paul and is a private AANR-affiliated landed club.
- Two Creeks Campground is located 69 minutes north of Minneapolis–Saint Paul and is a clothing optional association.
- Several other landless clubs operate in the northern suburbs of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
- West Ship Island, near Gulfport
- Sandy Bares Travel Club in Moss Point
- Running Bare B&B in Long Beach
- Cactus Canyon Campground, located just outside of Ava, caters to the gay/bi/straight male population who enjoys nudity in the outdoors. Located on 720 private rolling acres of the Ozark Mountains.
- Forty Acre Club, nicknamed "America's Gateway Family Nudist Resort" for its proximity to the famous Gateway Arch, is a friendly, nudist (not clothing-optional) resort for couples and families located on 40 acres (16.2 ha) of Missouri woodlands approximately 45 miles (72 km) southwest of St. Louis in Lonedell.
- Show Me Acres in Stover is a family oriented nudist resort and campground nestled in over 300 acres (121 ha), wooded, in a very serene picturesque setting near Lake of the Ozarks. It is affiliated with The Naturist Society.
- Heartland Naturists is a non-landed group organized in Kansas City affiliated with The Naturist Society.
- Lake Tahoe's Nevada shore includes several clothing-optional beaches – the best-known is Secret Cove.
- Lake Tahoe's east shore has eight clothing-optional beaches. These include Secret Cove (small, but well-known across the country), Chimney Beach, Black Sand Beach (due to the black sand from the lower bottom of Lake Tahoe), Boaters Beach, Whale Beach 1 and 2.
The most popular beach and known world wide is Secret Creek Beach, also known as Secret Harbor Creek Beach (Washo: dawmóʔlɨm demšé:gɨl ) or as the locals call it, Creek Beach, next to Boaters Beach. This amazing beach has been the pride of locals for over 30 years. North Swanson, his real name, established and founded TAN (Tahoe Area Naturist) more than 30 years ago for locals and others to enjoy a lifestyle and the freedom of nudity. Now 83, North still can be found at the beach doing what he has done for most of those incredible years... keep the beach clean and beautiful. Potluck gatherings, clean up days, and most famous is the 3rd weekend in August when they celebrate a gathering called HAT DAY, the only thing allowed that day to be worn... More than 150 naturist show up from around the world to attend and bring food and drink to celebrate and visit with old friends keeping this way of life and living available for all who care to choose a natural way to live.
- Black Rock City, in the desert outside of Gerlach, hosts Burning Man where clothing is optional.
- Blue Moon Resort in Las Vegas was a small resort hotel for gay men opened in 2003 with a clothing optional pool compound, steam room and Jacuzzi Grotto. Note: Permanently closed as of September 2014.
- Cedar Waters Village in Nottingham has operated since 1950. It claims to be the Northeast's largest private nudist park, having a 20-acre (8.1 ha) lake surrounded by over 350 acres (140 ha) of heavily wooded, private land with secluded roads and hiking trails. It is a family and traditional couples only park, and specifically not affiliated with any naturist group.
- Rock Lodge Club is a family-oriented nudist club on 145 acres (59 ha) of privately owned land in the Highlands forests of New Jersey, about 40 miles (64 km) from Manhattan.
- Gunnison Beach in Sandy Hook, a part of the National Park Service's multi-state Gateway National Recreation Area, is a clothing-optional beach by custom and is the largest such beach in the Northeastern United States (there are several other public beaches on Sandy Hook where nudity is not tolerated). In 1999, New Jersey passed a law a bill that prohibits all types of nudism on state or municipal beaches, making Gunnison Beach the only legal nude beach in the state, since it is on federal land not subject to state or municipal regulations. Gunnison Beach offers dramatic views of Brooklyn and the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and is officially recognized as clothing-optional with permanent park signs and full lifeguard and police protection. It is the largest clothing-optional beach on the Atlantic coast of the US, and draws more than 5,000 visitors per day on most sunny summer weekends.
- Sunset Beach on the west, bay side of Cape May. This is not a sanctioned nudist area (see previous), but nudity is commonplace here nevertheless.
- Sky Farm Club is a private cooperative in central New Jersey. Situated on 35 acres (14.2 ha) in Somerset County, Sky Farm has promoted family nudism since 1932.
- Goodland Country Club is a nudist club in Hackettstown.
- Ten Thousand Waves, Santa Fe. A family-friendly Japanese-style mountain spa resort offering clothing-optional hot tubs, saunas, cold plunges, and suntanning decks. Note: Effective July 2015, only the private tubs and the womens' communal tub are clothing-optional; swimsuit bottoms are required in the grand bath at all times.
- Faywood Hot Springs, located north of Deming, is a camping resort with both clothing and clothing optional pools. RV, camping and cabin accommodations are offered for overnight guests.
- Young Naturists & Nudists America is a website promoting the nonsexual naturist lifestyle, which organizes events intermittently, focused to the young adult (21- to 35-year-old) demographic.
- Alice Falls, Keeseville. Family-friendly nude sunbathing.
- Bonita Nudist Retreat in Candor. Formerly known as Buckridge Nudist Park.
- Cherry Grove Beach in Cherry Grove on Fire Island. This is a largely gay-oriented beach.
- Coxing Kill stream at Mohonk Preserve in Gardiner. Sanctioned clothing-optional hiking trail, skinny-dipping, and nude sunbathing.
- Empire Haven in Moravia
- Full Tan Sun Club in Sprakers
- Juniper Woods in Catskill
- Lighthouse Beach, Fire Island National Seashore, a part of the National Park Service, is just east of Robert Moses State Park on Fire Island, separated from the main part of Long Island by Great South Bay. Officially recognized with signage, this beach has been used by naturists since the 1950s. In February 2013, the Fire Island National Seashore announced its plans to being enforcing New York State's anti-nudity laws on Fire Island.
- Potters Falls in Ithaca. While nudity is fairly common in Ithaca due to the laid-back political environment, Potters Falls is the best-known skinny-dipping spot. And while it's well-known, many people are confused about its location. When the Naturists have their annual North East festival (usually held at Empire Haven, see above), the first Wednesday of the festival traditionally features an excursion to Potters Falls.
- Steph's Pond Nudist Retreat in Williamson.
Note: Due to a 1992 Court of Appeals ruling (People v. Santorelli et al.) women may be topless anywhere in the state of New York for non-commercial purposes. (A concurring minority opinion reached the constitutional, i.e., equal rights issue, but the majority decision did not.)
Bird Island is located at the southernmost area of the coast near Little River Inlet jetty. It is rumored to have enough privacy to allow for nudity. Keep in mind, though, this region is only known for its privacy and not legally as an area designated for public nudity. When it was a privately owned area, it was rumored that nudists would not have to fear prosecution by state law. Bird Island, currently being state-owned property, though, now falls under North Carolina law. Public nudity is considered indecent exposure in North Carolina under * § 14-190.9 which states that
"(a) Unless the conduct is punishable under subsection (a1) of this section, any person who shall willfully expose the private parts of his or her person in any public place and in the presence of any other person or persons, except for those places designated for a public purpose where the same sex exposure is incidental to a permitted activity, or aids or abets in any such act, or who procures another to perform such act; or any person, who as owner, manager, lessee, director, promoter or agent, or in any other capacity knowingly hires, leases or permits the land, building, or premises of which he is owner, lessee or tenant, or over which he has control, to be used for purposes of any such act, shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor."
Whispering Pines Nudist Resort is located in close proximity to Bird Island in Ocean Isle Beach. Whispering Pines is a privately owned property with facilities located on a 35 acres (14 ha) park which includes a one-acre pond, swimming pool, hot tub, and a 30-by-100-foot (9.1 by 30.5 m) heated and air conditioned clubhouse which is open year round. Park accommodations also feature the option to rent an RV which sleeps two to six people. RVs include a living room, full kitchen, dining area, two bedrooms, shower and sun deck. They also offer RV spaces with hook ups and tent campsites both with or without electricity. Fees are listed on their website. A membership to the AANR or annual membership, offer discounted fees.
Near Reidsville is a privately owned club known as the Bar-S-Ranch, a cattle ranch which was converted by its original owners decades ago to a naturism retreat. It is a private club with a large lake and clubhouse and other amenities and activities which are frequently updated on the ranch's website. Owners require a "trial membership" for first-time visitors, and offers a few encouraging words about common hesitations on the left panel of their site. Like Whispering Pines, the Bar-S-Ranch offers tent and RV hookups as well as discounts for AANR members, as well as a ranch membership and the option to rent a single lot annually. Tent and RV electrical hookups require a reservation be made, and prospective members must have a valid Discover, MasterCard or Visa to provide a security deposit on the gate key card.
Other social nudity places in North Carolina include:
- Coventry Club and Resort in Tabor City
- Jasmine Trail Nudist Campground east of New Bern
- Jordan Lake in Apex
- Upper Creek Falls in Newland
- Ocracoke Island in Cape Hatteras
- Pea Island in Cape Hatteras
- Sunset Beach (north side of Little River inlet jetty) NOTE: Sunset Beach is on Bird Island. Public Nudity is explicitly illegal. See warning for Bird Island above.
- Green Valley
- Paradise Gardens, Cincinnati
- Cedar Trails in Peebles
- Dayton Warm Breezes Naturist club in Dayton
- Hillside Haven in Otway
- Sunn Jammers Recreation Park in Newark
- Oaklake Trails in Depew is a clothing-optional family nudist resort located between Tulsa and Oklahoma City. At over 400 acres (161.9 ha), Oaklake is one of the largest land-area nudist resorts in the United States. Amenities include hiking trails, a fully furnished clubhouse with community kitchen, outdoor pool, dozens of RV hookups with 30 or 50 amp electric and water, acres of space for tent camping (some areas with electric hookups), rentable tents, and a rentable cabin suite.
- Nature's Hideaway Nudist Resort in Osage. If you're seeking a blend of Mother Nature's best offerings, old-fashioned hospitality, in a quiet secluded place with the opportunity to get right next to nature, look no further. Nestled near Keystone Lake about thirty-five minutes west of Tulsa is a truly unique nudist resort waiting for your discovery. Located on thirty three picturesque acres in the beautiful Osage hill country near Walnut Creek State Park is "Nature's Hideaway Nudist Resort".
- Squaw Mountain Ranch (SMR) – The first and oldest nudist resort west of the Mississippi. Established in 1933 and nestled in the Oregon Cascades, SMR offers a touch of unspoiled wilderness combined with many of the features of modern resorts. Camping, RV spots, and lodge rooms are available all year around. Resort features a swimming lake, full rec room, hot tubs, and other amenities.
- The Willamettans – Nudist resort in Springfield, near Eugene, featuring camping and RV spots, heated outdoor swimming pool (covered with a dome in winter), hot tub, club house, game room, and restaurant/bar.
- Rooster Rock State Park along the Columbia River
- Collins Beach on Sauvie Island near Portland
- Bare Lake in southern Oregon near Howard Prairie Lake
- Bagby Hot Springs
- Umpqua Hot Springs
- Breitenbush Hot Springs has a clothing-optional policy for all hot springs pools and tubs.
- Glassbar Island Beach, near Eugene on the Willamette River
- Terwilliger Hot Springs, also known as Cougar Hot Springs
- Mountaindale Sun Resort (formerly Restful Haven Nudist Resort) in North Plains
- McCredie Springs
- The Woods Campground in Lehighton
- H.A.N.G. in Harrisburg
- PSHS Inc. in Mohnton
- Sunny Rest in Palmerton
- West Penn Naturist Links
- White Thorn Lodge in the Pittsburgh suburb of South Beaver Township
- Pen Mar Club in the western Pennsylvania town of Warfordsburg
- Beechwood in Lehighton
- Dyer Woods Nudist Campground in Foster in the western part of the state is a family oriented nudist campground, rather than clothing optional.
- Nudity is tolerated on Black Rock Beach on Block Island.
- Mohegan Bluff on Block Island
- Carolina Foothills Resort in Chesnee
- Cedar Creek Park in Pelion
- Sunair Health Club in Graniteville
- Travelites Nudist Club in Columbia
- Rock Haven Lodge Inc. in Murfreesboro
- Ken-Ten Naturists in McKenzie
- Tennessee Naturist Club in Knoxville
- Southern Sociable Bares in Pulaski
- Barton Springs Pool in Austin is topfree, which is tolerated in Austin.
- Hippie Hollow Park, on the shore of Lake Travis northwest of Austin
- High Island, between Winnie and Rollover Pass. At the junction of Highway 124 and Highway 87, the portion of Highway 87 to the east has been closed since 1990 due to hurricane damage. Approximately 1 to 5 miles (1.6 to 8.0 km) east of the junction is an area that has become an unofficial nude beach. Galveston County follows Texas state law for indecent exposure, which allows women to remain topfree unless someone complains and they are instructed to cover up, and full nudity under certain non-sexual circumstances. Full nudity is completely illegal, and will be ticketed if caught, by Parks and Game wardens.
- There is an unofficial nude beach approximately 12 miles (19 km) north of South Padre Island.
- Natures Resort in Edcouch
- Riverside Ranch in Elmendorf
- Bluebonnet Nudist Resort in Alvord
- Wildwood Naturist's Resort in Decatur
- Emerald Lake Naturist Resort in Porter
- Sandpipers Resort in Edinburg
- Sahnoans at Star Ranch in McDade
- The Armadillo Resort in Poolville
- Galveston between Pleasure Pier and the 33rd Street jetty
Vermont state law prohibits disrobing in public but does not prohibit public nudity, so nudity is allowed anywhere that it has not been specifically prohibited by a city or town. The city of Burlington, for example, has prohibited nudity in public parks, but nudity is allowed anywhere else in the city. Specific locations at which individuals practice social nudity include:
- Abbotts Glen in Halifax
- Coventry Club and Resort is a family oriented nudist resort in Milton.
- The Ledges, on the Harriman Reservoir in Wilmington
- The West River in Dummerston has several good private spots for nude sun bathing and swimming. Particularly, the Sugar Hill beach just north of Maple Valley Ski Area (now closed) is a great spot. Although it is good to ask before disrobing, first, if clothed people are present.
- Red Rocks Park in South Burlington
- Starr Farm Beach in Burlington
- Knight Island, an island in Lake Champlain just off St. Albans
- The Southwest Cove at Lake Willoughby in the town of Westmore is a traditionally clothing-optional beach area located on state land. The Westmore selectboard has declined to enact any anti-nudity ordinance. At the annual town meeting in 2009, residents voted against an appropriation that would have enabled enforcement of any proposed anti-nudity ordinance. Thus, the beach remains clothing-optional.
- Maple Glen in Sheldon Springs. This family oriented nudist camp has been closed since May 2010 due to water quality issues. In April 2010 the camp applied for an Act 250 permit to approve already existing buildings on the property.
- The Punchbowl on the Mad River between the intersection of Vermont Route 17 in Warren is a privately owned nude swimming hole, open to anyone. It is on the west side of Route 100, and you need to walk through a short field before encountering signs explaining that there is public nudity, and explaining the guidelines for swimming there. It's mostly just common courtesy, and there is usually a wide array of swimmers, from single men and women to entire families. There are a couple small waterfalls, a couple deep pools, and a small slide to slide down during moderate to high water periods. The water is cool, crystal clear and very refreshing. Swimmers should plan to swim nude, since visitors that swim there in a bathing suit tend to be looked at with some suspicion that they are only there to "observe" the other nude swimmers.
- White Tail Resort in Ivor
- Texas Beach in Richmond
- North Anna River in Ruther Glen
- Grandview Beach in Hampton
While Seattle is known for its nude cyclists, clothing-optional activity in the city goes back much farther, with nude and top-free use of areas of Magnuson Park, the Washington Park Arboretum, Discovery Park, Denny-Blaine Park and Secret Beach (a name given to a park that local users wish to keep a secret). Parks spokeswoman Dewey Potter said the parks department does not consider simply being naked illegal, and she doesn't remember any complaints during the 13 years she's worked for the city about nudity in the parks.
While there is nothing in the Seattle Municipal Code about nudity and expectations of behavior, Washington State does have a law protecting against obscene behavior while being fully or partially naked. The act of breastfeeding or expressing breast milk is not indecent exposure.
- Lake Bronson Club is a 320-acre (130 ha) family nudist-park nestled in the Cascade foothills, 40 miles (64 km) northeast of Seattle.
- Triangle Recreation Camp, established in 1975, is a tent camping and RV park for gay, lesbian, and transgendered, at the foothills of the Cascades, 21 mi (34 km) east of Granite Falls.
- Avalon Resort is a 140-acre (57 ha) clothing-optional resort on a mountainside in the panhandle of West Virginia in Paw Paw.
- Toadally Natural Garden nearHartford
- Mazo Beach on the Wisconsin River
- Valley View Recreation Club near Cambridge
- Sun Ray Hills Nudist Camp near Burlington
- Aurora Gardens Nude Retreat near Northfield
- Camp NCN in Black River Falls claims to be a "sexual freedom" campground, allowing not only nudity, but also public sexual activity on the grounds. The encouragement of public sexual activity is contrary to traditional naturism.
- Cedar Hills Campground, Mazomanie
United States Virgin Islands
- Little Magen's Bay Beach
- St. John's Salomon Beach can be clothing optional in spite of "No Nudity" postings.
- "International Naturist Federation". Inffni.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Caribbean Nudist and Clothing Optional Resorts". Gocaribbean.about.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Top Caribbean Nude Beaches - Best Topless and Nude Beaches in the Caribbean". Gocaribbean.about.com. 2012-04-09. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Surrey's United Naturists". Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- "Take It Off! 8 Great Nude Beaches to Visit This Summer". airfarewatchdog.com. Retrieved 2015-05-12.
- "CLOTHING OPTIONAL BEACHES - ONTARIO". The Federation of Canadian Naturists. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- "Playa Montezuma Beach Costa Rica". Gocentralamerica.about.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Cayo Santa Maria". Naturistdirectory.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "The Natural Curacao". Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- "Curacao's beaches, photos & descriptions". Curacao Travelguide. Retrieved 2014-12-23.
- "Home". Cluborient.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Nude Beaches in Central America - Are There Nude Beaches in Central America". Gocentralamerica.about.com. 2013-02-25. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "American Association for Nude Recreation". Aanr.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "The Naturist Society". The Naturist Society. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Gymno-Vita Park". Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Alaskan Naturist Resort. Could it be?". Retrieved January 26, 2012.
- "Shangri La Ranch". Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Mira Vista Resort". Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Casa Alegra". Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Casa Jardin Paraiso - Central Phoenix". Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- "5 Popular Arizona Nudist Resorts". Ustravel.answers.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Arkansas State Laws". Naturistaction.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Peacock, Leslie Newell (4 May 2007). "Naked comes the bather". Arkansas Times. Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- Malloy, Betsy. "Humboldt County Nude Beaches". About.com. Retrieved March 21, 2011.
- Hanauer, Gary (January 5, 2010). "Baker's Beach". San Francisco Bay Guardian. Retrieved March 21, 2011.
- "Baker Beach". Humboldt North Coast Land Trust. Retrieved March 21, 2011.
- "Clothing Optional Home Network - Pasadena/Altadena". Arroyodelsol.net. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Welcome to the Meadowlark Country House in Upper Napa Valley, Calistoga, California, USA | 800-942-5651 | 707-942-5651 | 601 Petrified Forest Road, Calistoga, CA 94515 | USA". Meadowlarkinn.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Livingwaters spa". Livingwaters spa. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "World Famous Nudist Resort Palm Springs". Desert Sun Resort. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Sunny fun". Sunny fun. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Deep Creek Volunteers".
- "Olive Dell Ranch". Olive Dell Ranch. July 10, 2010. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "DeAnza Sprngs Resort". Deanzasprings.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Malloy, Betsy. "Baker Beach – Nude Beach Profile – Baker Beach". About.com. Retrieved March 21, 2011.
Stay in the nude section north of the Hazardous Surf sign, or the rangers may cite you.
- "North Baker Beach". San Francisco Bay Guardian. January 4, 2010. Retrieved March 21, 2011.
- "Baker Beach - Presidio of San Francisco (U.S. National Park Service)". Nps.gov. 2015-01-05. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Land's End Beach". San Francisco Bay Guardian. January 4, 2010. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
Shorts, swimsuit, even work clothes during a quick lunch break – they all can be removed at this delightful cove, which features a mix of sand and rocks, plus some of San Francisco's best views.
- "Clothing optional". Gocalifornia.about.com. September 21, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "General Provisions". Parks.ca.gov. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Too Much To Bare?". Independent.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Lupin Lodge". Lupin Lodge. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Mon-Chalet". Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "Mountain Air Ranch". Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Orvis Hot Springs". Orvis Hot Springs. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Valley View Hot Springs". Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Strawberry Park Hot Springs — Steamboat Springs Hot Springs". Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Desert Reef Hot Spring". Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Dakota hot springs". Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Sun Ridge Nudist Resort". Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Solair Recreation League". Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Apollo Beach – Canaveral National Seashore (National Park Service) – New Smyrna Beach, FL". Nps.gov. July 5, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Measured using Google Earth.
- "Florida Keys Naturists". Florida Keys Naturists. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Van Sickle, Camilla & Pennington, Bill (2005). "Boca Chica Nude Beach Report". NetNude.com. Retrieved on August 30, 2014.
- "Tampa - Caliente Club & Resorts". Calienteresorts.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Camp David Florida". Camp David Florida. 2015-06-12. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "splash naked! Florida Young Naturists". Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- Belkin, Douglass (May 2, 2011). "Wearing Only a Smile, Nudists Seek Out the Young and the Naked". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved January 25, 2012.
Robbe White, 27 years old, attended a winter festival at Sunsport Gardens in 2009 and was one of a handful of people younger than 35. "I thought, 'This is ridiculous'", he said. "I wanted to bring people my own age in to see what it was about." He founded the Florida Young Naturists, opened a Facebook account and organized the first Spring Break Bash at Sunsport Gardens for people under 30.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Reviews For Fishing Charters". Chartersofkeywest.com. 2011-06-03. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "A Wild Dolphin Adventure Key West FL 33040 Florida keys, dolphin swim, watching, tour, encounter, snorkeling, FL Dolphins Encounters, dolphin tours, dolphin charters, eco tours snorkeling diving, Diving Snorkeling , " Diving with Dolphins " Swimming with". US-FL: Wilddolphinadventures.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Lake Como Family Nudist Resort". Lakecomonaturally.com. March 3, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Next Generation Naturists". Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- Thorner, James (2000-06-12). "Partners plan to build community for nudists". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved on August 31, 2014.
- "Paradise Lakes". Paradise Lakes. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Paradise Pines RV Park". Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- "Playalinda Beach Journal". New York Times. July 16, 1995. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Riverboat Club and RV Resort". Riverboatclub.com. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Riviera Naturist Resort".
- "SunSport Gardens - Family Naturist Resort in Palm Beach county".
- "The Woods RV Park and Model Resort". Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- Johnston, Lori (April 5, 2010). "Q&A on the News". Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The (GA) (News). pp. A2. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
We identified five clothing-optional camps in Georgia...[dead link]
- "AANR Clubs: Georgia". American Association for Nude Recreation. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- "naturist NETWORK" (PDF). The Naturist Society. Winter 2011. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- "AANR Clubs: Florida". American Association for Nude Recreation. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- "Mountain Creek Grove". Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- "Paradise Valley Resort and Club". Paradisevalleyclub.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Ranieri, Tina (May 15, 2010). "Nude roller skating". Atlanta Examiner (GA) (Atlanta Roller Derby Examiner). Retrieved May 11, 2012.
Paradise Valley Resort and Club, Dawsonville, Ga, is a family resort and club, but tends to be an older crowd. Three years ago, Joe Lettelleir, a St. Petersburg, Fla., developer, purchased the resort and made major improvements to the tune of a $32 million construction of 152 condominium units and 45 town homes. Lettelleir already has built a new clubhouse and indoor pool.[dead link]
- "Once-reclusive nudists opening up to outside world". LaGrange Daily News (GA) (News). October 15, 2006. pp. A004. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
On weekends, the Valley's three pools are standing-room only, and the diner (motto: "No top, no shoes, no problem") is packed.[dead link]
- "The Naturist Escape". Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- "Sun Meadows Resort". Retrieved December 6, 2008.
- "Blue Lake Resort". Blue Lake Resort. October 11, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "NudeDudes Chicago". NudeDudes Chicago. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Our Haven Nature Sanctuary". Ourhaven.info. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Drakes Ridge Rustic Nudist Retreat". Drakesridge.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Fern Hills Club". Fern Hills Club. September 13, 2007. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Lake O' Woods Club". Lowc.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Ponderosa Sun Club". Ponderosa Sun Club. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sunshower Country Club". Sunshower.com. August 14, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sunny Haven Recreation Park". Sunnyhaven.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Camp Gaea Forums - FAQ". Camp Gaea. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
Is Camp Gaea a Nudist Camp? NO, Camp Gaea is designed as a recreational retreat center for the purpose of cultural and spiritual education. As such, the camp promotes tolerance, acceptance and respect between groups and individuals. We neither promote nor discourage nudity as it is a personal and spiritual choice. However, clothing is required in many places, such as in public buildings, on or along the main access roads, and open areas adjacent to property fence lines. As such, if you are walking and enjoying Gaea, you should have suitable clothing to cover when in areas where required as well as provide some clothing or material to sit on.
- "Lake Edun". Lake Edun. September 9, 2010. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Rock, Steve (September 1, 2004). "Nudists lay bare their lifestyle - "This only seems weird to the uninformed", club members say". Kansas City Star, The (MO) (News). pp. A1. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
While certainly not common, recreational areas for nudists are not unheard of in Missouri and Kansas. There is Show Me Acres, the aptly named resort in Stover. In Kansas, the Sandy Lane Club in Hutchinson and Prairie Haven in Scranton are, like Show Me Acres, members of the American Association for Nude Recreation and offer resort- or campground-type settings.
- "Prairie Haven". Prairie Haven. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sandy Lane Club". Sandy Lane Club. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Indian Hills Family Nudist Park". Indian Hills Family Nudist Park. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- "Clothing Optional Home Network - Baton Rouge". Bayouallure.net. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Nude and Naturist Men's Resort and Campground in Maine | Clothing Optional Resort and Campground for Nude and Naturist Men — Gay, Straight, Bisexual". Twinpondslodge.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Nude in New England - Nudist Resorts Campgrounds Beaches". Gonewengland.about.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Page Redirection". Marylandnudism.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "http://www.ramblewood.com/ Camp Ramblewood". Ramblewood.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "http://www.maheso-naturally.org/ MaHeSo". Maheso-naturally.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "http://www.pinetreeclub.org/ Pine Tree Associates". Pinetreeclub.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sandy Terraces Assoc - Home". Sandyterraces.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sunclad". Sunclad. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Longnook Beach Review". Fodor's. Retrieved January 26, 2012.
- "Berkshire Vista Nudist Resort - Home Page". Berkshirevista.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Nantucket Independent". Nantucket Independent. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Boston plus". Boston plus. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "mvtimes". mvtimes. August 31, 2006. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- [dead link]
- "Martha's Vineyard's Best Boat Charter – Relaxation/Adventure/Leisure/Fun/Luxury cruises | Day Sail |Party Boat | Tours". Mvboat.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Turtle Lake Resort". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Welcome to Northaven Resort!". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Welcome to the Cherry Lane Nudist Resort Homepage". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Forest Hills Nudist Club and Campground". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Spruce Hollow, Naturist Campground". Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Whispering Oaks Nudist Resort". Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "Avatan Largest and Most Friendly Nudist Club". Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- "Welcome to Oakwood Club". Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- "Two Creeks Clothing Optional Community and Campground in Minnesota.". Retrieved May 2, 2013.
- "Forty Acre Club". Forty Acre Club. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Home Page / Show Me Acres Nudist Resort". Showmeacresnudistresort.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Rock, Steve (September 1, 2004). "Nudists lay bare their lifestyle - 'This only seems weird to the uninformed,' club members say". Kansas City Star, The (MO) (News). pp. A1. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
Locally, there is a group of Kansas City area nudists called the Heartland Naturists. They get together for regular swims and an annual 5-kilometer run.
- "Secret Cove, Nevada". Secret Cove, Nevada. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "The Washo Project Online Dictionary". Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- Padgett, Sonya (February 16, 2003). "Blue Moon Resort hailed as a milestone for valley". Las Vegas Review-Journal. pp. Feature 1J. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- "Blue Moon Resort - The Hotel for Men in Las Vegas!". Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- "Cedar Waters Village". Nhnude.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Nanos, Janelle (July 31, 2007). "In 39 Years, There's Little a Lifeguard Doesn't See". New York Times. Retrieved August 21, 2007.
But it was with the creation of Gunnison Beach, the only clothing-optional section of New Jersey's shoreline, that it became safe to say that Tom McLaughlin had seen everything. ... On a recent Saturday, he stopped at Gunnison Beach to survey the scene. At this Eden with umbrellas, some of the naturists were engaged in an intense round of volleyball, while others happily lounged without the fear of tan lines. A new visitor approached and asked Mr. McLaughlin why everyone seemed to be on the right side of the beach.
- "Sky Farm". Sky Farm. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Goodland Country Club & Spa". Goodlandcc.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Ten Thousand Waves". Ten Thousand Waves. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Faywood Hot Springs". Retrieved March 26, 2012.
- "Bonita Nudist Retreat". Bonitanudistresort.com. July 22, 2010. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Collins, Andrew. "Gay Beach at Cherry Grove". About.com. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
The beautiful clothing-optional beach at Cherry Grove...
- Jones, Felicity (11 October 2011). "Mohonk Preserve Clothing Optional Trail At Split Rock". Young Naturists America. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Empire Haven Nudist Park". Empirehaven.homestead.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Full Tan Sun Club". Fulltansunclubofny.com. May 1, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Juniper Woods". Juniper Woods. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "WELCOME TO Lighthouse Beach Fire Island". Travasuns.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Ithaca News Video on nudity in Ithaca's gorges".
- "Steph's Pond Nudist Retreat". Carbonbuttprints.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "North Carolina Nudity Laws". Community Walk Inc. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Green Valley". Greenvalleyinc.net. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Web Easy Professional Avanquest Software (July 28, 2011). "Paradise Gardens". Nudelife.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Cedar Trails". Cedartrailsnudistretreat.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Oak Lake Trails". Oak Lake Trails. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Squaw Mountain Ranch Family Nudist Campsite Resort. "Squaw Mountain Ranch". Squawmt.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "The Willamettans". The Willamettans. October 11, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Bagby Hot Springs".
- "Welcome to The Woods Campground". Thewoodscampground.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- [dead link]
- "Pshs Inc". Pshs Inc. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Clothing Optional Sunny Rest Nudist Resort in Pocono's Pennsylvania". Sunnyrest.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Web Design by Dana". "Westpenn naturist". Westpenn naturist. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "White Thorn Lodge". White Thorn Lodge. 2013-07-13. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Welcome to The Pen-Mar Club". Pen-mar.com. May 26, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Beechwood". Sites.google.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Dyer Woods Nudist Campground". Dyerwoodscamp.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Block Island Beaches". Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- "Hippie Hollow/McGregor Park". Hippiehollow.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- [dead link]
- "Abbotts Glen". Abbotts Glen. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Coventry Club & Resort". Coventryresort.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Friends of The Ledges". Ledges.dimentech.com. July 7, 1971. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- [dead link]
- "SwimmingHole.info Burlington Area". Swimmingholes.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Maple Glen, Vermont's Best Kept Secret". Mapleglen.net. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Today In Brief". St. Albans Messenger (VT) (News). April 26, 2010. pp. 1A.
SHELDON – Maple Glen, Inc., located on Maple Glen Road in Sheldon has applied for an Act 250 permit to approve the construction of nearly a dozen already existing buildings on the property.
- "White Tail Resort - A Virginia Family Nudist Resort since 1984". Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "About Us | Lake Bronson Club". Lakebronson.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- [dead link]
- "Triangle Recreation Camp". Camptrc.org. 2011-02-21. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Welcome to Avalon Resort". Avalon-resort.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Toadally Natural Garden". Toadallynatural.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- "Valley View Recreation Club". Vvrc.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Sun Ray Hills Nudist Camp". Sunrayhills.com. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "Aurora Gardens Nude Retreat". Auroragardens.org. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "About Camp NCN". Camp NCN. July 15, 2009. Retrieved December 31, 2011.
Camp NCN is an Adult 18+ Sexual Freedom Campground, Nudity is welcome here, but we are more than a Nudist Camp. We are a mixture of Nudist, Voyeurs, Exhibitionist, and Swingers, joined in one campground, to enjoy what ever your fantasies are.
- "ADULT-THEMED RESORT PROMOTES SPICY WEEKENDS". Wisconsin State Journal (Madison, WI) (Local). May 20, 2007. pp. D3. Retrieved December 31, 2011.