List of social nudity places in South America
Includes topfree beaches, clothing-optional beaches (or nude beaches) and some resorts. Topfree beaches allow women to sunbathe without a bikini top or other clothing above the waist. Clothing-optional beaches allow either sex to sunbathe with or without clothing above or below the waist. A nude beach may also be an obligatory nude area, which means that both sexes are obliged to go without clothing above as well as below the waist.
- Buenos Aires: Playa Escondida, a nude beach[a] is about 25 kilometres (16 mi) south of Mar del Plata and a few minutes of Miramar.
Public nudity is a misdemeanor in Brazil, except in places officially designated by the local authority.
- Tambaba: sandy beach, Paraíba State, north of Recife
- Praia do Abricó, beach west of Rio de Janeiro (Note: no land and restricted cellular telephone service - some providers do not cover this area.)
- Praia da Galheta, Santa Catarina, a partially deserted clothes-optional beach on the east coast of Florianópolis (can be reached only by foot)
- Pedras Altas, Santa Catarina, between Florianópolis and Garopaba,
- Praia do Pinho,[b] in Santa Catarina State, next to Balneário Camboriú (often simply referred to as Balneário by locals), near Florianópolis
- Massarandupió, beach in Bahia State, about 100 kilometres (62 mi) north of Salvador on BA-099
- Barra Seca, beach in Espirito Santo State, about 60 kilometres (37 mi) north of Linhares
- Olho de Boi (Bull's Eye Beach)[c] is one of the beaches in Búzios, in Rio de Janeiro State, and the most popular official nude beach in Brazil for gays.
- Jurubá - in the historic city of Paraty, in the state of Rio
- Praia Brava - a beach shared by nudists and surfers, in the state of Rio
- Tayrona Park, West from Cabo San Juan all the way until you can go no further and there's a nudist beach.
Resorts and pools
Unlike public beaches, these are private property which admits the public.
- Recanto Paraíso Naturist Resort in the municipality of Piraí.
- Mirante do Paraíso in the municipality of Igaratá.
- Playa Escondida located at
- Praia do Pinho is located at
- Location of Olho de Boi beach
- "Playa Escondida". Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- Coldwell, Will (13 November 2014). "Rio de Janeiro opens its first nudist beach". the Guardian. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- Portal da Praia de Massarandupió at the Wayback Machine (archived March 23, 2012)
- "Beaches - Cartagena and the Caribbean Guide". Rough Guides. Retrieved 2016-02-27.
- "Recanto Paraíso Naturist Resort". Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- "Mirante do Paraíso". Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- "Chihuahua Resort". 2016-08-22.