List of solar-powered boats
Jump to navigation Jump to search
List of solar-powered boats is a list of boats powered by Sun, typically solar panels providing electrical power to motors.
- Alstersonne is a passenger boat for 100 persons on the river Alster in Hamburg, Germany. As of year 2000 it was the largest solar-powered ship in the world.
- SB Collinda was the first solar powered vessel to cross the English Channel (in 1997).
- Tûranor PlanetSolar circumnavigated the globe on solar power
- Sun21 sailed the Atlantic from Seville to Miami, and from there to New York. It was the first crossing of the Atlantic powered only by solar.
- The Firefly solar boat
- Solar Sailor shuttles passengers in Sydney harbor Australia
- Sun CRZ 9 - Compact solar boat in Eranakulam, Kerala, India.
- de:MobiCat - passenger catamaran for 150 passengers, in Switzerland. Used on Lake Biel since 2001
- SunRider - Cruise boat for 10 passengers operating in Kerala, India.
- Sun CRZ 30 - Cruise boat for 20 passengers operating in Bathinda Lake, Punjab, India, India.
- Aditya (boat), India's First Solar Ferry was under construction in Kochi, Kerala, India.
- FunCat Electric-Solar Catamarans, available on the consumer market, utilize batteries or solar panels. Boats are for individual use or for rental operations. Made in Diamond Springs, CA by Sub Sea Systems, Inc. 
- SeaZen is a Suncy SolarBoat operated in the Côte d'Azur, between Nice and Monaco. This motor catamaran is the first 100% solar powered boat, operated at sea, for boat tours or for boat rentals.
- Electric aircraft (including section on solar-powered aircraft)
- Solar Splash (Solar-powered boat race)
- Frisian Solar Challenge (Solar-powered boat race)
- List of large sailing vessels
- Human-powered watercraft
- "Solar power rules the waves". New Review (34). 1997. Archived from the original on 4 March 2005.
- Seidler, Christoph (23 May 2000). "Technik: Größtes Solarschiff der Welt in Hamburg". Spiegel Online (in German).
- "Our Fleet". ATG Alster-Touristik. Retrieved 14 August 2016.
- "Solar boat makes Atlantic history". BBC News. 30 March 2007. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- "Solar boat completes fuel-free voyage". USA Today. Associated Press. 8 May 2007. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- "Firefly: A $2900 electric boat powered entirely by homemade solar panels". EcoChunk. 7 July 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- "CIFT SunBoat inagurated by Minister | NavAlt Solar & Electric Boats". navaltboats.com. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- "Switzerland builds world's largest solar powered boat". swissinfo. January 10, 2001.
- Bieler Busse fahren bald mit Strom vom Schiff
- Yoney, Domenick. "Solar-powered pontoon boat gets official thumbs up w/video". Autoblog. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- "SunCRZ 22 - Navgathi Marine Design & Constructions Pvt. Ltd". Navgathi Marine Design & Constructions Pvt. Ltd. 2012-12-17. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- "Punjab goes green with solar boat | NavAlt Solar & Electric Boats". navaltboats.com. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- "Kerala company builds country's largest solar ferry". timesofindia-economictimes. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- "Kerala Govt. Commissions India's First Solar-Powered Boat, Paves the Way for a Greener Tomorrow". The Better India. 2016-05-11. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- "Sub Sea Systems - Our World: Learn About FunCat Electric-Solar Catamarans". Sub Sea Systems - Our World. 2018-03-22. Retrieved 2018-04-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Solar-powered boats.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Solar-powered ships.|