List of special elections to the Minnesota House of Representatives
|Elections in Minnesota|
This is a list of special elections to the Minnesota House of Representatives. Such elections are called by the governor of Minnesota to fill vacancies that occur when a member of the Minnesota House of Representatives dies or resigns before the biennial general election. Winners of these elections serve the remainder of the term and are usually candidates in the next election for their districts.
General elections are held in November of even numbered years. New Legislatures convene on the first Tuesday following the first Monday of the following year.
List of special elections
|14A||88th||February 12, 2013||Steve Gottwalt (R)||Tama Theis (R)||Resigned to become the director of state legislative policy for the Center for Diagnostic Imaging.|
|19A||88th||February 12, 2013||Terry Morrow (DFL)||Clark Johnson (DFL)||Resigned to become the legislative director for the Uniform Law Commission.|
|46A||89th||November 3, 2015||Ryan Winkler (DFL)||Peggy Flanagan (DFL)||Resigned to relocate to Belgium.|
|3A||89th||December 8, 2015||David Dill (DFL)||Rob Ecklund (DFL)||Death (cancer).|
|50B||89th||February 9, 2016||Ann Lenczewski (DFL)||Chad Anderson (R)||Resigned to join Lockridge Grindal Nauen P.L.L.P.|
|32B||90th||February 14, 2017||Bob Barrett (R)||Anne Neu (R)||Ruled ineligible to be a candidate in the 2016 general election by the Minnesota Supreme Court.|
- Lopez, Ricardo (May 21, 2015). "Minnesota Rep. Ryan Winkler will resign seat as family relocates to Belgium". Star Tribune. Retrieved July 31, 2015.
- Walsh, Paul (August 9, 2015). "NE Minnesota Rep. David Dill, championed outdoors, dies from cancer". Star Tribune. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
- Bakst, Brian (November 16, 2015). "Prominent Democratic state Rep. Lenczewski to resign House seat, take job in lobbying firm". Star Tribune. Associated Press. Archived from the original on November 17, 2015. Retrieved November 16, 2015.
- Montgomery, David (September 8, 2016). "Lawmaker doesn’t live in district, MN Supreme Court rules; ballot won’t count". Pioneer Press. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- Results of Special Elections for the Minnesota Legislature, 1971-present Minnesota Legislative Reference Library