List of philatelists
(Redirected from List of stamp collectors)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of philatelists, persons notable for their contributions to philately.
- David Beech MBE FRPSL, "Former President of the Royal Philatelic Society London, Head Curator of the Philatelic Collection of the British Library"
- John Barefoot, publisher of the Barefoot Catalogue
- Oscar Berger-Levrault
- Kasimir Bileski
- Gustave Caillebotte
- Samuel Chapman, Mexico
- Daniel Cooper, founder and first president of Philatelic Society of London
- Jal Cooper
- Gerald Davis
- C.D. Desai
- Sir Ernest de Silva, Sri Lanka's greatest philatelist
- Emilio Diena, ancient Italian state specialist
- Robert Brisco Earée, Album Weeds
- Edward B. Evans, "Major Evans"
- David Feldman
- Adelaide Lucy Fenton, early female philatelist
- Ferdinand of Bulgaria
- Philipp von Ferrary
- George V of the United Kingdom, royal collector
- Edward Stanley Gibbons, British dealer
- John Edward Gray
- Colonel Green
- Bill Gross, third person to form a complete 19th-century US collection
- George Higlett
- Arthur Hind
- Hiroyuki Kanai, Mauritius collection
- Anatoly Karpov
- Adolph Koeppel
- Pierre Langlois
- H. Dormer Legge
- Alfred Lichtenstein
- James Lindsay, 26th Earl of Crawford, formed massive philatelic library
- George Ward Linn, founder of Linn's Weekly Stamp News
- Robson Lowe, "father of postal history"
- John Luff
- James A. Mackay
- Fred Melville
- Foil A. Miller
- Jean-Baptiste Moens, "father of philately"
- Walter Morley
- Edwin Müller
- Douglas Myall
- Frank F. Olney (1851–1903), Mayor of Providence, Rhode Island and president of the American Philatelic Association for three terms
- Alfred Potiquet, first stamp catalogue
- Ayn Rand
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, presidential collector
- L.T. Rose-Hutchinson
- Stuart Rossiter
- Gary Ryan
- Lawrence L Shenfield, Confederate postal history
- Evelyn Arthur Smythies
- Richard Stevens, Mexico revenue catalog
- William Carlos Stone, revenues and philatelic literature
- Thomas Tapling
- Charlotte Tebay, early female philatelist
- Wesley Andrew Tierney, "Former Curator of the Royal Philatelic Society London"
- Leon Norman Williams
- Hakim Syed Zillur Rahman, collector of medical stamps
- Robert Zoellner, one of two people to form a complete U.S. collection
- "Hall of Fame - 2000-2004". American Philatelic Society. 1999. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Belgium collection formed by Anatoly Karpov". Newsletter. David Feldman. September 2011. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Anatoly Karpov: The Owner of the Unique Stamp Collection". Watch-Clone.com. Archived from the original on 18 February 2011. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "Hall of Fame - 1946-1949". American Philatelic Society. 1999. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Hall of Fame - 1941". American Philatelic Society. 1999. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Hall of Fame - 1995-1999". American Philatelic Society. 1999. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Hall of Fame - 1970-1974". American Philatelic Society. 1999. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Frank F. Olney". The American Journal of Philately. New York, NY: The Scott Stamp and Coin Co: 353. 1 Oct 1903. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- "Why I Like Stamp Collecting - 1971". Minkus Stamp Journal. Archived from the original on 2014-03-15. Retrieved 2009-01-13.
- "Hall of Fame - 1942-1945". American Philatelic Society. 1999. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Stuart Rossiter MA, FRGS, FRPSL. (1923 – 1982)". Rossiter Trust. 2014. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Who Was Who in British Philately". British Philatelic Trust. 2015. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- Miller, Staphen (2014-12-31). "Robert Zoellner, Alpine Associates Founder, Dies at 82". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 2017-05-22.