List of U.S. jurisdictions banning conversion therapy
This is a list of jurisdictions in the United States banning conversion therapy, the pseudoscientific practice of attempting to change an individual's sexual orientation or gender identity using psychological or spiritual interventions. All such bans, except for New York City's (and Washington, D.C.'s pending review), are limited to such therapy for minors.
- 1 States
- 2 Territories
- 3 Counties, municipalities and communities
- 4 School boards
- 5 Bans on conversion therapy funding
- 6 Pending legislation
- 7 Failed legislation
- 8 Changing licensure rules
- 9 Resolutions and proclamations
- 10 See also
- 11 Notes
- 12 References
|State||Date of enactment||Date effective||Legalization method||Details|
|1.||New Jersey||August 19, 2013||August 19, 2013||Legislative statute||On June 24, 2013, the New Jersey Assembly voted 56–14 in favor of AB 3371. On June 27, 2013, the New Jersey State Senate voted 28–9 to pass the bill. On August 19, 2013, Governor Chris Christie (R) signed AB 3371 into law, and it took effect the same day.|
|2.||California||September 30, 2012||August 29, 2013||Legislative statute||On May 30, 2012, the California State Senate voted 23–13 in favor of SB-1172. On August 28, 2012, the California State Assembly voted 52–22 in favor of the bill. On September 30, 2012, Governor Jerry Brown (D) signed it and it was scheduled to go into effect on January 1, 2013. On December 21, 2012, in the case of Welch v. Brown, Judge William B. Shubb granted a preliminary injunction to SB-1172 from going into effect. On August 29, 2013, in the case of Pickup v. Brown and Welch v. Brown, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit upheld SB-1172 and reversed the lower court order granting a preliminary injunction.|
|3.||Oregon||May 18, 2015||May 18, 2015||Legislative statute||On March 17, 2015, the Oregon House of Representatives voted 41–18 in favor of HB 2307. On May 7, 2015, the Oregon State Senate voted 21–8 in favor of the bill. On May 18, 2015, Governor Kate Brown (D) signed HB 2307 and it went into effect the same day.|
|4.||Illinois||August 20, 2015||January 1, 2016||Legislative statute||On May 19, 2015, the Illinois House of Representatives voted 68–43 in favor of HB 217. On May 29, 2015, the Illinois State Senate voted 34–19 in favor of the bill. On August 20, 2015, Governor Bruce Rauner (R) signed HB 217 and it went into effect on January 1, 2016.|
|5.||Vermont||May 25, 2016||July 1, 2016||Legislative statute||On March 17, 2016, the Vermont Senate unanimously approved S.132. On April 26, the Vermont House of Representatives approved it with amendments. The Senate concurred with the amendments on April 29. Governor Peter Shumlin (D) signed the bill on May 25. It went into effect on July 1.|
|6.||New Mexico||April 7, 2017||April 7, 2017||Legislative statute||The state Senate approved SB 121 on February 16, 2017 by a 32–6 vote, and the state House of Representatives concurred on March 15, 2017 by a 44–23 vote. The bill was signed by Governor Susana Martinez (R) on April 7, 2017. The law went into effect immediately.|
|7.||Connecticut||May 10, 2017||May 10, 2017||Legislative statute||The state House of Representatives approved HB 6695 on May 2, 2017 by a 141–8 vote, and the Senate concurred on May 10, 2017 by a 36–0 vote. The bill was signed by Governor Dannel Malloy (D) the same day and took effect immediately.|
|8.||Rhode Island||July 19, 2017||July 19, 2017||Legislative statute||H 5277 was passed by the state House 69–0 on May 30, 2017. The Senate approved the bill 29–0 on June 30. It was signed by Governor Gina Raimondo (D) on July 19, 2017 and took effect immediately.|
|9.||Nevada||May 17, 2017||January 1, 2018||Legislative statute||SB 201 was passed by the state Senate 15–5 on April 4, 2017 and by the Assembly 31–8 on May 9. The Senate concurred with the House's amendments on the same day. The bill was signed by Governor Brian Sandoval (R) on May 17, 2017. The law went into effect on January 1, 2018.|
|10.||Washington||March 28, 2018||June 7, 2018||Legislative statute||SB 5722 passed the state Senate 32-16 on January 19, 2018 and the state House 66-32 on February 28. After the Senate concurred with the amended House version on March 3, it was signed by Governor Jay Inslee (D) on March 28, 2018. It took effect on June 7, 2018.|
|11.||Hawaii||May 25, 2018||July 1, 2018||Legislative statute||SB 270 passed the state Senate on March 6, 2018, by a vote of 24-1 and passed the state House of Representatives on April 10, 2018, by a vote of 49-2. A conference committee of both houses concluded on April 27, 2018 with an amended bill. It was approved by both houses on May 1, and was signed by Governor David Ige (D) on May 25, 2018. The law took effect on July 1, 2018.|
|12.||Delaware||July 23, 2018||July 23, 2018||Legislative statute||SB 65 passed the state Senate by a vote of 12-3 on May 17, 2017, and the state House on June 7, 2018 by a vote of 24-14. The bill was signed by Governor John Carney (D) on July 23, 2018, and took effect immediately.|
|13.||Maryland||May 15, 2018||October 1, 2018||Legislative statute||SB 1028 passed the state Senate on March 27, 2018, by a vote of 34-12, and the state House on April 4, 2018, by a vote of 95-27. The bill was signed by Governor Larry Hogan (R) on May 15, 2018, and went into effect on October 1, 2018.|
|14.||New Hampshire||June 8, 2018||January 1, 2019||Legislative statute||HB 587 passed the state House on February 8, 2018, by a vote of 179-171, and the state Senate on April 19, 2018, by a vote of 14-10, with an amendment. The House concurred with the Senate's amendment on May 10, 2018. It was signed by Governor Chris Sununu (R) on June 8, 2018 and took effect on January 1, 2019.|
|15.||New York||January 25, 2019||January 25, 2019||Legislative statute||A576 passed the state Assembly on January 15, 2019 by a vote of 141-7, and passed the state Senate that same day by a vote of 57-4. The bill was signed by Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) on January 25, 2019, and took effect immediately upon receiving his signature. Since 2016, conversion therapy has been banned in New York from coverage by insurers and Medicaid, or from being practiced by any state-licensed or operated mental health facility per executive order.|
|16.||Massachusetts||April 8, 2019||April 8, 2019||Legislative statute||H140 was passed in the Massachusetts House of Representatives by a vote of 147-8 on March 13, 2019, and in the state Senate by a vote of 34-0 on March 28, 2019. Governor Charlie Baker (R) signed the legislation into law on April 8, 2019. The law prohibits licensed health care providers from practicing conversion therapy on minors within the state.|
|17.||Colorado||May 31, 2019||August 2, 2019||Legislative statute||On February 19, 2019, the Colorado House of Representatives passed HB19-1129, which would ban conversion therapy on minors, with a vote of 42-20. It was approved by the state Senate with amendments by a vote of 21-13 on March 25, 2019. The House concurred with the amendments on April 5, 2019. The bill was signed by Governor Jared Polis (D) on May 31, and took effect 90 days after adjournment of the legislative session.|
|18.||Maine||May 29, 2019||September 17, 2019||Legislative statute||On May 8, 2019, the Maine House of Representatives passed LD 1025, which would ban conversion therapy on minors, with a vote of 91–46. It later passed in the Maine Senate on May 21, 2019, by a vote of 25-9. Governor Janet Mills (D) signed the legislation into law on May 29, 2019. The law prohibits licensed health care providers from practicing conversion therapy on minors within the state, and took effect 90 days after the adjournment of the legislative session. A bill that previously passed the Maine Legislature in June 2018 was vetoed by former Governor Paul LePage the following month, and failed to survive a veto override attempt.|
|Territory||Date of enactment||Date effective||Legalization method||Details|
|1.||District of Columbia||December 22, 2014||March 11, 2015||Legislative statute||On December 2, 2014, the Council of the District of Columbia voted unanimously (12 ayes) in favor of B20-0501. On December 22, 2014, Mayor Vincent C. Gray (D) signed B20-0501 into law. The act passed congressional review and took effect on March 11, 2015.
On January 16, 2019, Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) signed a bill approved unanimously by the City Council extending the ban to adults who are under the care of a conservator or guardian. The bill was sent to Congress for a 30-day review.
|2.||Puerto Rico||March 27, 2019||March 27, 2019||Executive order||On March 27, 2019, Governor Ricardo Rosselló (PNP) issued an executive order prohibiting conversion therapy of minors, taking effect immediately. Territorial agencies were provided 90 days for promulgation of the new order.|
Counties, municipalities and communities
|County, municipality or community||Date of enactment||Date effective||Legalization method||Details|
|1.||Cincinnati, Ohio||December 9, 2015||January 9, 2016||Ordinance||On December 9, 2015, the Cincinnati City Council voted 7–2 in favor of Ordinance 373 and it went into effect on January 9, 2016.|
|2.||Miami Beach, Florida||June 8, 2016||June 18, 2016||Ordinance||On June 8, 2016, Miami Beach voted to ban conversion therapy. The ban was sponsored by Commissioner John Elizabeth Alemàn and was unanimously approved by the City Commission. The ban took effect on June 18.|
|3.||Wilton Manors, Florida||September 13, 2016||September 13, 2016||Ordinance||On September 13, 2016, the City Commission of Wilton Manors unanimously approved an ordinance banning conversion therapy. The ban took effect that same day.|
|4.||Seattle, Washington||August 1, 2016||October 2, 2016||Ordinance||On August 1, 2016, Seattle voted to ban conversion therapy on minors. The ban was sponsored by councilmember Lorena González and was unanimously approved by all other eight city councilmembers. Mayor Ed Murray signed the ordinance on August 3 and it took effect on October 2.|
|5.||Miami, Florida||October 13, 2016||October 13, 2016||Ordinance||On October 13, 2016, the Miami City Commission voted 3–2 in favor of banning the use of conversion therapy on minors. The ban was sponsored by Commissioner Francis Suarez and took effect that same day.|
|6.||West Palm Beach, Florida||November 7, 2016||November 7, 2016||Ordinance||On November 7, 2016, the City Commission of West Palm Beach unanimously approved an ordinance in its second reading banning conversion therapy. The ban took effect upon adoption.|
|7.||Bay Harbor Islands, Florida||November 14, 2016||November 14, 2016||Ordinance||On November 14, 2016, the Bay Harbor Islands Town Council approved an ordinance banning conversion therapy. The ordinance came into effect that same day.|
|8.||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania||December 13, 2016||December 20, 2016||Ordinance||The Pittsburgh City Council voted in favor of an ordinance prohibiting conversion therapy on minors, by a vote of 9–0, on December 13, 2016. The ordinance went into effect on December 20, following Mayor Bill Peduto's signature.|
|9.||Boynton Beach, Florida||January 17, 2017||January 17, 2017||Ordinance||On January 3, 2017, an ordinance banning conversion therapy in Boynton Beach passed its first reading. The ordinance passed its second reading on January 17 and went into effect immediately.|
|10.||Lake Worth, Florida||January 10, 2017||January 20, 2017||Ordinance||On December 13, 2016, the Lake Worth City Commission unanimously passed an ordinance banning conversion therapy on minors, in its first reading. The ordinance passed its second reading, in a 5–0 vote, on January 10, 2017 and went into effect on January 20.|
|11.||El Portal, Florida||January 24, 2017||January 24, 2017||Ordinance||An ordinance banning conversion therapy passed its first reading in the El Portal Village Council in October 2016. The ordinance passed its second reading on January 24 and went into effect that same day.|
|12.||Toledo, Ohio||February 7, 2017||February 7, 2017||Ordinance||An ordinance banning conversion therapy was unanimously (12–0) approved by the Toledo City Council on February 7, 2017.|
|13.||Key West, Florida||March 7, 2017||March 7, 2017||Ordinance||On February 8, 2017, the Key West City Commission approved an ordinance banning conversion therapy, in its first reading. The ordinance passed its second reading on March 7 and took effect immediately.|
|14.||North Bay Village, Florida||March 14, 2017||March 14, 2017||Ordinance||On March 14, 2017, the Commission of North Bay Village voted to ban conversion therapy. The ban took effect immediately upon adoption.|
|15.||Columbus, Ohio||March 27, 2017||March 27, 2017||Ordinance||On March 13, the City Council of Columbus approved an ordinance, banning the use of conversion therapy on minors, in its first reading. The ordinance was introduced by Council President Zach Klein. It unanimously passed its second reading on March 27 and took effect immediately.|
|16.||Tampa, Florida||April 6, 2017||April 6, 2017||Ordinance||On April 6, the Tampa City Council unanimously approved a conversion therapy ban. The ban went into effect immediately.|
|17.||Delray Beach, Florida||May 2, 2017||May 2, 2017||Ordinance||On April 18, 2017, the Delray Beach City Commission approved an ordinance banning conversion therapy, in its first reading. The ordinance unanimously passed its second reading in the City Commission on May 2. The ban took effect immediately.|
|18.||Riviera Beach, Florida||May 4, 2017||May 4, 2017||Ordinance||The Riviera Beach City Council unanimously approved a conversion therapy ban on May 4. The ban went into effect that same day.|
|19.||Wellington, Florida||June 27, 2017||June 27, 2017||Ordinance||On June 27, 2017, the Wellington Village Council approved an ordinance banning conversion therapy, in its second reading. The ban took effect immediately.|
|20.||Dayton, Ohio||July 5, 2017||July 5, 2017||Ordinance||On June 28, 2017, the Dayton City Council passed an ordinance banning conversion therapy. The ordinance passed its second reading on July 5 and went into force immediately.|
|21.||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||July 11, 2017||July 11, 2017||Ordinance||On June 22, 2017, the Philadelphia City Council approved an ordinance banning conversion therapy. It was signed by Mayor Jim Kenney on July 11, 2017. The ordinance went into effect immediately.|
|22.||Allentown, Pennsylvania||July 20, 2017||July 20, 2017||Ordinance||On July 19, 2017, the Allentown City Council approved an ordinance banning conversion therapy. It was signed by Mayor Ed Pawlowski the next day. The ordinance went into effect immediately.|
|23.||Greenacres, Florida||August 7, 2017||August 7, 2017||Ordinance||On August 7, 2017, the Greenacres City Council approved an ordinance banning conversion therapy, in a 4-1 vote. The ordinance took effect immediately.|
|24.||Athens, Ohio||August 21, 2017||August 21, 2017||Ordinance||On August 21, 2017, the Athens City Council unanimously approved an ordinance banning conversion therapy within city limits. The ordinance went into effect immediately.|
|25.||Pima County, Arizona||August 1, 2017||August 31, 2017||Ordinance||The Pima County Board of Supervisors passed, in a 3–2 vote, an ordinance banning conversion therapy. The ordinance went into effect 30 days later, upon filing with the Arizona Department of State.|
|26.||Boca Raton, Florida||October 10, 2017||October 10, 2017||Ordinance||The Boca Raton City Council voted 4-1 to enact the ordinance banning conversion therapy on October 10, 2017. The ordinance went into effect immediately.|
|27.||Oakland Park, Florida||October 18, 2017||October 18, 2017||Ordinance||The City Commission of Oakland Park approved a conversion therapy ban on October 18, 2017 in a unanimous 4-0 vote. The ordinance went into force upon adoption.|
|28.||Palm Beach County, Florida||December 19, 2017||December 21, 2017||Ordinance||On December 19, 2017, the Palm Beach County Board of Commissioners approved, in a 5-2 vote, an ordinance banning conversion therapy. The ordinance applies to all incorporated and unincorporated municipalities in the county. It took effect upon filing with the Florida Department of State on December 21, 2017.|
|29.||Reading, Pennsylvania||December 21, 2017||December 21, 2017||Ordinance||The Reading City Council approved a conversion therapy ban on December 18, 2017 in a unanimous vote. It was signed by Mayor Wally Scott on December 21, 2017. The ordinance went into force upon adoption.|
|30.||Doylestown, Pennsylvania||December 18, 2017||December 23, 2017||Ordinance||The Borough Council of Doylestown passed (7-1) a conversion therapy ban on December 18, 2017. It came into effect five days later.|
|31.||Broward County, Florida||January 9, 2018||January 9, 2018||Ordinance||On January 9, 2018, the Broward County Commission approved unanimously an ordinance banning conversion therapy. The ordinance took effect upon filing with the Florida Department of State, which happened that same day.|
|32.||State College, Pennsylvania||February 5, 2018||February 5, 2018||Ordinance||On February 5, 2018, the Borough Council of State College approved unanimously an ordinance banning conversion therapy.|
|33.||Erie County, New York||February 15, 2018||March 7, 2018||Ordinance||The Erie County Legislature unanimously approved a conversion therapy ban on February 15, 2018. The ordinance was controversially named the "Prevention of Emotional Neglect and Childhood Endangerment" (P.E.N.C.E) after Vice President Mike Pence. After County Executive Mark Poloncarz signed the law on March 5, the law went into effect upon filing with the New York Department of State on March 7, 2018.|
|34.||Yardley, Pennsylvania||March 6, 2018||March 11, 2018||Ordinance||On March 6, the Yardley Borough Council unanimously approved an anti-discrimination ordinance banning discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity and prohibiting conversion therapy on minors. The ordinance went into force five days later.|
|35.||Gainesville, Florida||April 5, 2018||April 5, 2018||Ordinance||On April 5, 2018, the Gainesville City Commission unanimously approved a conversion therapy ordinance. It went into effect immediately.|
|36.||Milwaukee, Wisconsin||April 4, 2018||April 14, 2018||Ordinance||On March 27, 2018, the Milwaukee Common Council passed (12-2) a conversion therapy ordinance banning the practice in the city of Milwaukee. Mayor Tom Barrett signed the ordinance into law on April 4, and it went into effect 10 days later.|
|37.||New York City, New York||January 5, 2018||May 5, 2018||Ordinance||In June 2017, a bill to ban conversion therapy was introduced to the New York City Council. The City Council passed (43-2) the ban on November 30. Mayor Bill de Blasio returned the bill unsigned on January 5, thus allowing it to become law. It went into effect 120 days later. The ban applies to minors as well as adults.|
|38.||Albany, New York||May 21, 2018||May 21, 2018||Ordinance||On May 21, 2018, an ordinance to ban conversion therapy was unanimously approved by the city's Common Council. The ordinance went into effect immediately.|
|39.||Bellefonte, Pennsylvania||July 16, 2018||July 16, 2018||Ordinance||On July 16, 2018, an ordinance to ban conversion therapy was approved by the Borough Council. The ordinance went into effect immediately.|
|40.||Bethlehem, Pennsylvania||July 17, 2018||July 17, 2018||Ordinance||On July 3, 2018, an ordinance to ban conversion therapy was approved by the City Council, and on July 17, 2018, was approved in a second and final reading. The ordinance went into effect immediately.|
|41.||Madison, Wisconsin||July 10, 2018||July 20, 2018||Ordinance||On July 10, 2018, an ordinance to ban conversion therapy was approved by the city's Common Council. The ordinance went into effect on July 20, 2018.|
|42.||Ulster County, New York||July 20, 2018||July 27, 2018||Ordinance||On June 20, 2018, an ordinance to ban conversion therapy on minors was unanimously approved by the Ulster County Legislature. It was signed by County Executive Michael P. Hein on July 20, 2018, and took effect upon filing with the New York Secretary of State on July 27, 2018.|
|43.||Rochester, New York||July 25, 2018||August 25, 2018||Ordinance||On July 24, 2018, an ordinance to ban conversion therapy on minors was unanimously approved by the City Council. It was deemed duly adopted on July 25 and took effect 30 days later.|
|44.||Albany County, New York||July 9, 2018||August 31, 2018||Ordinance||On July 9, 2018, the Albany County Legislature approved an ordinance to ban conversion therapy by a vote of 37-1. The ordinance was signed and adopted by the County Executive on August 2, 2018 and was filed with the New York Secretary of State on August 31, 2018.|
|45.||Eau Claire, Wisconsin||October 9, 2018||October 9, 2018||Ordinance||On October 9, 2018, the Eau Claire City Council unanimously passed an ordinance to protect minors from conversion therapy.|
|46.||Lakewood, Ohio||October 15, 2018||October 15, 2018||Ordinance||On October 15, 2018, the Lakewood City Council unanimously approved a measure to ban conversion therapy. Fines for violating the law range from $500 to $1,000.|
|47.||Westchester County, New York||October 18, 2018||October 26, 2018||Ordinance||On October 1, 2018, the Westchester County Board of Legislators unanimously voted to ban the practice of conversion therapy. County Executive George Latimer signed the ordinance into law on October 18, and on October 26, 2018 it was filed with the New York Department of State. Those practicing conversion therapy may face a misdemeanor punishable by a $1,000 fine or up to one year imprisonment.|
|48.||Newtown Township, Pennsylvania||November 28, 2018||November 28, 2018||Ordinance||On November 28, 2018, the Newtown Township (Bucks County) Board of Supervisors voted 4-0 to prohibit conversion therapy in a bill establishing a Human Rights Commission, enacting immediately upon passage.|
|49.||Cudahy, Wisconsin||January 2, 2019||January 2, 2019||Ordinance||On January 2, 2019, the Cudahy Common Council voted to prohibit conversion therapy by a vote of 4-1.|
|50.||Denver, Colorado||January 8, 2019||January 8, 2019||Ordinance||On January 7, 2019, the Denver City Council voted to ban the practice of conversion therapy, and the ordinance was signed into law by Mayor Michael Hancock the following day. Violations of the ordinance may be subject to penalties of $150 to $999 per violation.|
|51.||Erie, Pennsylvania||June 5, 2019||June 5, 2019||Ordinance||The Erie City Council approved a conversion therapy ban on June 5.|
|52.||Shorewood, Wisconsin||June 17, 2019||June 17, 2019||Ordinance||An ordinance banning the practice of conversion therapy was approved by the Shorewood Village Board on June 17, 2019, and went into effect immediately upon passage.|
|53.||Huntington Woods, Michigan||June 4, 2019||June 24, 2019||Ordinance||In a unanimous vote, the Huntington Woods City Commission approved a ban on conversion therapy. The ordinance went into force 20 days later.|
|54.||Alachua County, Florida||May 28, 2019||July 9, 2019||Ordinance||In a unanimous vote on May 28, 2019, the Alachua County Commission voted to prohibit the practice of conversion therapy on minors within the county. The bill took effect 10 days after filing with the Florida Secretary of State. Violators of the ordinance may be fined $500 per violation.|
|55.||Kent, Ohio||July 17, 2019||July 17, 2019||Ordinance||An ordinance to ban conversion therapy on minors was unanimously passed by the Kent City Council on July 17, and became effective that same day.|
|56.||Racine, Wisconsin||July 16, 2019||July 18, 2019||Ordinance||On July 16, 2019, the Racine Common Council passed (11-3) a conversion therapy ordinance banning the practice in the city of Racine. Mayor Cory Mason signed the ordinance into law on July 18.|
|57.||Sheboygan, Wisconsin||August 5, 2019||August 5, 2019||Ordinance||On August 5, 2019, the Sheboygan Common Council passed (8-1) a conversion therapy ordinance banning the practice in the city of Sheboygan.|
|58.||Superior, Wisconsin||August 20, 2019||August 20, 2019||Ordinance||An ordinance banning conversion therapy on minors was passed by the Superior City Council on August 20, 2019, and took effect immedidately upon passage.|
|59.||Glendale, Wisconsin||August 26, 2019||August 26, 2019||Ordinance||An ordinance banning conversion therapy was approved by the Glendale Common Council on August 26.|
|60.||East Lansing, Michigan||September 10, 2019||September 18, 2019||Ordinance||In a divided 3 to 2 vote, the East Lansing City Council approved a conversion therapy ban, which took effect 8 days later.|
|61.||Columbia, Missouri||October 7, 2019||October 7, 2019||Ordinance||The Columbia City Council unanimously approved a conversion therapy ordinance on October 7.|
|62.||Ferndale, Michigan||October 14, 2019||October 14, 2019||Ordinance||The Ferndale City Council unanimously passed a conversion therapy ban on October 14, making the practice a misdemeanor and punishable by up to 93 days in jail and a fine of 500 dollars.|
|63.||Kansas City, Missouri||November 14, 2019||November 14, 2019||Ordinance||A conversion therapy ordinance was introduced on October 24, 2019 and was passed unanimously in its final reading on November 14.|
|64.||Minneapolis, Minnesota||November 22, 2019||November 30, 2019||Ordinance||An ordinance banning the use of conversion therapy on minors was unanimously passed by the Minneapolis City Council on November 22. It was signed by Mayor Jacob Frey on November 26, and was published four days later.|
|School board||Date of enactment||Date effective||Legalization method||Details|
|1.||Eau Claire Area School District Board of Education, Wisconsin||September 24, 2018||September 24, 2018||Policy||On September 24, 2018, the Eau Claire School Board voted unanimously (7 ayes) in favor of Board Policy 453.7 - Student Mental Health and Wellness Education, which included a clause stating "the Eau Claire Area School District shall exclusively enter into School-based health center agreements with health clinics and/or providers that agree to abide by the District's Nondiscrimination Policy for Students. The District shall not enter into agreements with health clinics and/or providers that endorse or engage in the practice of conversion therapy." The policy went into effect immediately.|
Bans on conversion therapy funding
As of May 2019, bills to ban conversion therapy on minors have been introduced or are pending in the legislatures of Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
The Therapeutic Fraud Prevention Act, which would ban conversion therapy nationwide, has been introduced in the 114th United States Congress and the 115th United States Congress by Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA), who had authored the California bill while state senator.
On April 25, 2019, the Minnesota House of Representatives voted to incorporate HF 12, which would ban conversion therapy on minors, into the omnibus health and human services finance bill HF 2414, by a vote of 72-53. [a] On April 30, 2019, the Minnesota Senate voted to strike the section by a vote of 34-30.[b] The original bill, HF 12, remains active in the Minnesota Legislature.
Changing licensure rules
Under the direction of Governor Gary Herbert, in the summer of 2019 the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing began the process of changing licensing rules to prohibit the use of conversion therapy with minors. Once adopted, the rule will apply to psychologists, clinical social workers, certified social workers, clinical mental health counselors, physicians, and surgeons.
Resolutions and proclamations
As of April 2019, ten cities/counties have passed non-binding resolutions or proclamations declaring opposition to conversion therapy. These are Edgewater, Colorado; Westminster, Colorado; Wheat Ridge, Colorado; Atlanta, Georgia; Worcester, Massachusetts; Columbia, Missouri; Suffolk County, New York; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Eau Claire County, Wisconsin; and Shorewood, Wisconsin.
- CHAPTER 150 - AN ACT concerning the protection of minors from attempts to change sexual orientation and supplementing Title 45 of the Revised Statutes
- "New Jersey poised to become second state to ban anti-gay therapy". Reuters. June 24, 2013.
- "N.J. Senate sends bill banning gay-to-straight 'conversion therapy' to Christie". NJ.com. June 27, 2013.
- "Chris Christie Signs Ban On Gay Conversion Therapy". Huffington Post. August 19, 2013.
- CHAPTER 835 - An act to add Article 15 (commencing with Section 865) to Chapter 1 of Division 2 of the Business and Professions Code, relating to healing arts
- Wyatt Buchanan (September 29, 2012). "State bans gay-repair therapy for minors". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- Keen, Lisa (December 6, 2012). "Mixed decisions in gay therapy ban suits". Bay Area Reporter. Archived from the original on May 27, 2017.
- "Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upholds California law banning LGBT conversion therapy". Equality On Trial. August 29, 2013.
- House Bill 2307 - Relating to efforts to change an individual’s orientation; creating new provisions; amending ORS 675.070, 675.300, 675.336, 675.540 and 675.745; and declaring an emergency.
- "Bill to ban conversion therapy for LGBT youth sent to Kate Brown's desk". Oregon Live. May 7, 2015.
- HB2307, Oregon Legislature
- HB0217 - AN ACT concerning regulation
- Gay conversion therapy ban passes Illinois House
- Illinois Senate approves ban on gay conversion therapy; bill heads to governor’s desk
- Illinois Republican governor signs two more pro-equality bills
- No. 138. An act relating to the prohibition of conversion therapy on minors
- Bills Seeking To Ban 'Ex-Gay' Therapy To Minors Advance In Colorado, Vermont
- "Vermont legislature moving towards banning conversion therapy". Metro Weekly. March 17, 2016.
- Gov. Shumlin signs law banning conversion therapy in Vermont
- AN ACT RELATING TO PROFESSIONAL SERVICES; ENACTING NEW SECTIONS OF THE UNIFORM LICENSING ACT, THE NURSING PRACTICE ACT, THE MEDICAL PRACTICE ACT, THE PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGIST ACT, THE OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE ACT, THE COUNSELING AND THERAPY PRACTICE ACT AND THE SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE ACT TO LIST CONVERSION THERAPY AS GROUNDS FOR DISCIPLINARY ACTION.
- 2017 Regular Session - SB 121
- "Martinez signs bill on conversion therapy; vetoes gun ban for restraining orders, minimum wage". KOB. April 7, 2017.
- Public Act No. 17-5
- H.B. No. 6695
- AN ACT RELATING TO HEALTH AND SAFETY
- H 5277 SUBSTITUTE A
- House approves ban on ‘conversion therapy’ for children
- R.I. House OKs ban of ‘conversion therapy’ for LGBT youth
- Raimondo signs bill banning conversion therapy
- An Act relating to health care professionals; prohibiting certain health care professionals from providing sexual orientation or gender identity conversion therapy to a minor; and providing other matters properly relating thereto
- LGBT Bills Pass Nevada State Senate, Assembly
- Conversion therapy bill could soon head to Nevada governor
- Sandoval’s signature makes Nevada 8th state to ban conversion therapy
- Governor signs ban on conversion therapy for minors
- CONVERSION THERAPY--SEXUAL ORIENTATION AND GENDER IDENTITY
- SB 5722 - 2017-18
- Washington State Senate votes to ban conversion therapy
- Washington set to become next state to ban anti-gay conversion therapy
- A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO MINORS
- Hawaii Bans 'Ex-Gay' Therapy on Minors
- AN ACT TO AMEND TITLES 24 AND 29 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO CONVERSION THERAPY.
- Senate Bill 65
- Delaware Becomes 14th State to Protect LGBTQ Youth from Conversion Therapy
- Health Occupations - Conversion Therapy for Minors - Prohibition (Youth Mental Health Protection Act)
- "Maryland Senate gives initial approval to bill that outlaws 'gay conversion therapy'". Washington Post. March 27, 2018.
- Hogan signs bill banning conversion therapy for minors in Md.
- An Act relative to conversion therapy seeking to change a person's sexual orientation
- N.H. House Passes Bill Banning Gay Conversion Therapy After Legislative Do-Over
- New Hampshire Senate votes to ban conversion therapy
- Docket of HB587
- N.H. governor signs two pro-LGBT bills
- New York to become 15th state to ban 'gay conversion therapy'
- Governor Cuomo Announces Executive Actions Banning Coverage of Conversion Therapy
- Bill H.140
- Street, Mikelle (April 8, 2019). "Massachusetts Is Now the 16th State to Ban Conversion Therapy". Out.
- HOUSE BILL 19-1129
- Colorado Senate approves a bill banning gay conversion therapy
- Conversion therapy for gay youth banned in Colorado
- "PUBLIC Law, Chapter 165, An Act To Prohibit the Provision of Conversion Therapy to Minors by Certain Licensed Professionals". Maine Legislature. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- "LD 1025". Maine Legislature. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- James Besanvalle (29 May 2019). "Maine becomes 17th US state to ban conversion therapy on minors". Gay Star News.
- Conversion Therapy for Minors Prohibition Amendment Act of 2014
- "Bowser signs conversion therapy ban for adults with disabilities". Washington Blade. January 24, 2019.
- Gobernador Rosselló Nevares firma orden ejecutiva que prohíbe terapias de conversión o reparativas
- Chapter 769 - SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR GENDER IDENTITY CHANGE EFFORTS
- Council votes to ban gay 'conversion' therapy in Cincinnati
- 2016-4018 Ordinance
- "Miami Beach says no more conversion therapy for youths under 18". Miami Herald. June 8, 2016.
- Ramos, Lisann (June 10, 2016). "Miami Beach Bans Conversion Therapy For Minors". Health News Florida.
- ORDINANCE NO. 2016-009
- 9/13/2016 Regular City Commission Meeting
- AN ORDINANCE related to human rights; and adding a new Chapter 14.21 to the Seattle Municipal Code to prohibit the practice of conversion therapy on minors.
- Seattle Bans Conversion Therapy for Minors
- Seattle bans gay conversion 'therapy'
- Ordinance 13638
- City of Miami Commission votes to ban conversion therapy!
- Ordinance 13638
- City of West Palm Beach City Commission AGENDA November 7, 2016
- West Palm Bans Conversion Therapy
- TOWN OF BAY HARBOR ISLANDS November 14, 2016 AGENDA
- Ordinance supplementing the Pittsburgh Code, Title VI Conduct, Article 1 Regulated Rights and Actions, to add a new Section 628 Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity or Expression Conversion Efforts prohibiting the practice of conversion therapy for LGBTQIA+ minors within the City of Pittsburgh.
- Pittsburgh becomes first city in Pennsylvania to ban conversion therapy LGBTQ Nation
- City Commission Agenda Tuesday, January 17, 2017
- Boynton Beach Bans Conversion Therapy On Minors
- ARTICLE VII. - PROHIBITION OF CONVERSION THERAPY ON MINORS Page 337: ORDINANCE NO. 2017-02 OF THE CITY OF LAKE WORTH, FLORIDA, AMENDING CHAPTER 15, OFFENSES, TO ADD ARTICLE VII, PROHIBITING THE PRACTICE OF CONVERSION THERAPY ON MINORS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, THE REPEAL OF LAWS IN CONFLICT, CODIFICATION, AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE
- A Unanimous Vote Bans Conversion Therapy in Lake Worth
- Regular Village Council Meeting January 24, 2017 Page 7: AN ORDINANCE OF THE VILLAGE OF EL PORTAL, FLORIDA, TO CREATE A NEW CHAPTER IN THE VILLAGE OF EL PORTAL CODE OF ORDINANCES TO PROHIBIT WITHIN THE GEOGRAPHIC BOUNDARIES OF THE VILLAGE OF EL PORTAL THE USE OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR GENDER IDENTITY CHANGE EFFORTS WITH MINORS, INCLUDING REPARATIVE AND CONVERSION THERAPY
- Repealing Toledo Municipal Code Chapter 554 "Employment, Real Estate Discrimination", enacting a new Chapter 554, "Discrimination Prohibited" to include gender identity as a protected class and set forth additional prohibitions.
- Toledo City Council approves conversion therapy ban
- An Ordinance of the City of Key West, Florida amending Chapter 42 of the Code of Ordinances, entitled "Miscellaneous Offenses," by creating Section 42-18, entitled "Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity Change Efforts," to prohibit licensed professionals from engaging in counseling efforts, practices, or treatments with the goal to change a minor's sexual orientation or gender identity; Providing for severability; Providing for repeal of inconsistent provisions; Providing for an effective date.
- Ordinance No. 2017-004
- To enact new section 2331.10 of the Columbus City Codes prohibiting the practice of conversion therapy or reparative therapy on minors and prescribing penalties for violations of that section.
- Columbus Passes Ban on Using Conversion Therapy for Minors
- Columbus, Ohio Bans Harmful Gay Conversion Therapy
- AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF TAMPA, FLORIDA, RELATING TO CONVERSION THERAPY ON PATIENTS WHO ARE MINORS, MAKING REVISIONS TO CITY OF TAMPA CODE OF ORDINANCES, CHAPTER 14 (OFFENSES); CREATING ARTICLE X, SECTIONS 14-310 – 14-313; AMENDING CHAPTER 19 (PROPERTY MAINTENANCE AND STRUCTURAL STANDARDS); AMENDING SECTION 19.4.(a)(2), DEPARTMENT OF CODE ENFORCEMENT; DUTIES AND SCOPE OF AUTHORITY OF THE DIRECTOR; REPEALING ALL ORDINANCES OR PARTS OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT THEREWITH; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
- As Tampa unanimously passes anti-gay conversion "therapy" ban, St. Pete lays groundwork for its own
- Ordinance 17-409
- Delray one step closer to ban on gay conversion therapy on minors
- Delray Beach Joins Growing Number of Cities To Ban Conversion Therapy
- AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RIVIERA BEACH, PALM BEACH COUNTY, FLORIDA, PROHIBITING THE PRACTICE OF CONVERSION THERAPY ON PATIENTS WHO ARE MINORS; PROVIDING FOR CODIFICATION PURSUANT TO §1-8 OF THE CITY'S CODE OF ORDINANCES; PROVIDING FOR CONFLICT, SEVERABILITY, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE
- Conversion therapy for LGBTQ youth banned in Riviera Beach
- ORDINANCE NO. 2017-10 (PROHIBITING CONVERSION THERAPY ON MINORS)
- Wellington Village Council Finalizes Conversion Therapy Ban
- Sec. 135.04. - Conversion therapy prohibited.
- Dayton looks to ban gay-conversion therapy for youth
- AN ORDINANCE Enacting Sections 135.03 through 135.05 of the Revised Code of General Ordinances Regarding Conversion Therapy Page 51
- Bill No. 161111
- Philadelphia just passed a bill to ban conversion therapy for minors
- Ordinance 15-1668
- Allentown adopts conversion-therapy ban
- Conversion therapy banned in Allentown
- It's official: Allentown bans gay and trans conversion therapy for minors
- Ordinance 2017-15 Conversion Therapy
- Greenacres Moves to Join List of Florida Cities to Ban Conversion Therapy
- City Council Meeting Monday, August 7, 2017
- Chapter 3.12. - Sexual Orientation or Efforts to Change Gender Identity
- Conversion Therapy Banned in Athens
- "An ordinance of the Board of Supervisors, relating to the public health, safety, and welfare, restricting the practice of sexual orientation change efforts, commonly known as "conversion therapy."". Pima County, Arizona. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- "Pima County passes conversion therapy ban". KGUN. August 1, 2017. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- "File ID 7772". Pima County, Arizona. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Ordinance Number 5407
- Parsley, Jason (October 11, 2017). "Boca Allies Run City Hall: Conversion therapy for minors banned". South Florida Gay News. Archived from the original on October 14, 2017. Retrieved October 14, 2017.
- Santoscoy, Carlos (October 13, 2017). "Boca Raton Bans 'Ex-Gay' Therapy To Youth". On Top Magazine. Archived from the original on October 14, 2017. Retrieved October 14, 2017.
- ORDINANCE NO. O-2017-XXX
- Oakland Park Bans Conversion Therapy
- Ordinance No. 2017-046
- Palm Beach County is first county in Florida to ban conversion therapy
- Bill No. 118-2017 - amending the City Code by creating a new Chapter 185 Conversion Therapy
- Reading bans conversion therapy
- AN ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER 1, PART 3, ARTICLE G OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE BOROUGH OF DOYLESTOWN TO PROHIBIT CONVERSION THERAPY AS A FORM OF DISCRIMINATION
- Doylestown council passes conversion therapy ban
- Ordinance No. 2018-03
- "Broward County bans gay conversion therapy on minors". Local 10. January 9, 2018.
- State College Borough Council Agenda Including Conversion Therapy Ordinance
- "State College Bans LGBTQ Conversion Therapy for Minors". Centre Daily Times. February 5, 2018.
- Erie County Conversion Therapy Ban
- Erie County Legislature passes ban on conversion therapy for minors
- POLONCARZ SIGNS LOCAL LAW BANNING CONVERSION THERAPY
- ERIE_2018_1 ERIE COUNTY CONVERSION THERAPY BAN
- ORDINANCE NO. 474
- YARDLEY BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING March 6, 2018
- Yardley Borough Council unanimously adopts anti-discrimination ordinance; law extends protections to LGBT community
- ORDINANCE NO. 160200
- Gainesville Bans Conversion Therapy For Minors
- Gainesville officials ban conversion therapy for minors
- Ordinance 171760: A substitute ordinance prohibiting the practice of conversion therapy.
- Milwaukee officials OK ban on gay conversion therapy
- A Local Law to amend the administrative code of the city of New York, in relation to prohibiting conversion therapy
- City Council To Weigh Ban On Gay Conversion Therapy For Minors And Adults
- Conversion therapy meant to turn gay people straight to be banned in NYC under Council bill
- Chapter 152: Conversion Therapy
- Albany bans 'conversion therapy' practice in city
- ORDINANCE NO. 071618- 01
- Bellefonte bans 'conversion therapy' practice in Borough
- AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BETHLEHEM, COUNTIES OF LEHIGH AND NORTHAMPTON, COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA, ESTABLISHING ARTICLE 1122 OF THE CODIFIED ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF BETHLEHEM, TITLED "APPROPRIATE MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES", PROVIDING FOR THE PROHIBITION OF CONVERSION THERAPY FOR MINORS
- Bethlehem City Council approves ban on conversion therapy
- Prohibiting the practice of conversion therapy
- Madison Becomes Second City In Wisconsin To Ban Conversion Therapy
- Local Law No. 11 Of 2018
- Ulster County Legislature votes unanimously to ban use of conversion therapy on minors
- Hein signs Ulster County conversion therapy ban, calls it ‘disgraceful pseudoscience’
- "July 24, 2018 Certified Ordinances". City of Rochester. pp. 6–9. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- Local Law No. "E" for 2018
- Albany County bans ‘so-called’ conversion therapy on minors
- EAU CLAIRE CITY COUNCIL AGENDA TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2018, Ordinance creating Chapter 8.08, entitled "Conversion Therapy Prohibited", of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Eau Claire
- Eau Claire Becomes Third Wisconsin City To Ban Conversion Therapy
- "Eau Claire City Council September 25 Legislative Packet" (PDF).
- ORDINANCE NO. 41-18
- Lakewood City Council passes measure to protect LGBTQ youth from conversion therapy
- Lakewood City Council considering ordinance banning conversion therapy
- Local Law 11022
- Board Votes to Ban Conversion Therapy for Minors
- Ordinance 2018-0-8
- Newtown Township Board of Supervisors Meeting Minutes November 28, 2018
- Ordinance No. 2477
- Cudahy 4th city in Wisconsin to ban conversion therapy
- A bill for an ordinance adopting a new Article IX of Chapter 28 of the Revised Municipal Code concerning "Prohibition of Conversion Therapy."7
- COUNCIL BILL NO. CB18-1508
- "Article 745 Conversion Therapy, Ordinance 34-2019". ecode360.com.
- "Erie City Council Passes Ban on Conversion Therapy". Erie News Now. June 5, 2019.
- Ordinance No. 3001
- Kenneth Cole (June 27, 2019). "SENDING A MESSAGE OF HOPE: SHOREWOOD BECOMES LATEST MUNICIPALITY TO BAN CONVERSION THERAPY". Milwaukee Independent.
- "Ordinance No. 617". library.municode.com.
- "Huntington Woods bans widely discredited gay 'conversion therapy'". Metro Times. June 6, 2019.
- "Ordinance No. 2019-16". library.municode.com.
- Tien Le (May 30, 2019). "Alachua County Commission bans conversion therapy". The Independent Alligator Florida.
- David Jones (May 28, 2019). "Alachua County Commission votes to ban conversion therapy". WCJB.
- "Ordinance No. 2019-77" (PDF). kentohio.org.
- Ordinance 0813-19
- Christina Lieffring (July 18, 2019). "Conversion therapy banned in the City of Racine". The Journal Times.
- Ricardo Torres (July 18, 2019). "Historical Occasion". The Journal Times.
- Ordinance 5-19-20
- Diana Dombrowski (August 6, 2019). "Sheboygan bans conversion therapy on minors during packed Common Council meeting Monday". Sheboygan Press.
- Ordinance #O19-4163
- Brooks Johnson (August 23, 2019). "Superior, Wis., passes gay 'conversion therapy' ban". Star Tribune.
- "An Ordinance Creating Title 7, Chapter 22 of the Glendale Code of Ordinances Pertaining to Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation Identity Change Efforts". glendale-wi.org. August 26, 2019. p. 47.
- "Ordinance No. 1467". cityofeastlansing.com.
- "Conversion therapy banned by East Lansing City Council". The State News. September 11, 2019.
- "Ordinance B295-16" (PDF). gocolumbianmo. October 7, 2019.
- "Council votes to ban conversion therapy for minors in Columbia". Missourian. October 7, 2019.
- "City Council meeting, October 14, 2019". ferndalemi.granicus.com.
- "Ferndale becomes third city in Michigan to ban gay conversion therapy". Metro Times. October 15, 2019.
- "Ordinance 190902". cityclerk.kcmo.org.
- "Kansas City bans gay conversion therapy". KOAM News Now. November 15, 2019.
- "Conversion therapy ordinance (2019-01179)". lims.minneapolismn.gov.
- "Minneapolis bans conversion therapy for minors". mprnews.com. November 22, 2019.
- "BoardDocs® Agenda Item: 4.8 Adopt New Policy 453.7 - Student Mental Health and Wellness Education". www.boarddocs.com. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- Tim Fitzsimons (August 2, 2019). "N. Carolina is first in South zo ban state funding for conversion therapy". NBC News.
- Matt Clibanoff (August 2, 2019). "Democratic Governor Signs Order Ending State Funding of Youth 'Conversion Therapy'". Law & Crime.
- Serena Sonoma (August 3, 2019). "North Carolina Just Defunded Conversion Therapy on Minors". Out.
- Bill History for SB1047
- Bill History for HB2658
- HB 580
- House File 106
- Clarke, Kayla (April 24, 2019). "Legislation introduced to ban use of conversion therapy for LGBTQ youth in Michigan". ClickOnDetroit.
- "Michigan Senate Bill 284". LegiScan. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- SF 83
- HF 12
- House Bill 516
- Legislature Bill 167
- House Bill 516
- Senate Bill 426
- Martinez, Molly (April 17, 2019). "Ohio Senator Pushes for Ban on LGBTQ Conversion Therapy". spectrumnews1.com.
- "Ohio Senate Bill 130". LegiScan. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- Bill Information for HB 2456
- Senate Bill 56
- HB 517
- Senate Bill 359
- House Bill 2817
- Senate Bill 107
- "Should Conversion Therapy be Banned in Sarasota?". March 22, 2018.
- Martines, Jamie (March 6, 2019). "Allegheny County Council to consider banning conversion therapy". TribLIVE.com.
- "Congressional Democrats introduce measure to ban conversion therapy". Metro Weekly. April 25, 2017.
- H.R.2450 - Therapeutic Fraud Prevention Act, United States Congress
- HF 2414
- Journal of the House - 41st Day - Thursday, April 25, 2019 - Top of Page 4349
- Tim Pugmire (April 25, 2019). "MN House adds conversion therapy ban to big health bill". Minnesota Public Radio.
- ‘I'll be nauseated': Republican senators torn over conversion therapy vote
- SENATE WEBCAST - Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- Utah’s proposed ‘conversion therapy’ ban slated for a public hearing later this month
- "Edgewater Colorado Meeting Agenda" (PDF). November 2, 2017.
- Colorado Town Officially Declares Opposition to Conversion Therapy
- AGENDA, CITY COUNCIL MEETING, CITY OF WHEAT RIDGE, COLORADO, 7500 WEST 29TH AVENUE, MUNICIPAL BUILDING
- "Atlanta City Council Opposes Conversion Therapy, Urges State to Ban Practice". Atlanta Daily World.
- Worcester council backs ban on sexual-orientation conversion therapy
- Columbia Council votes to support ban on conversion therapy
- RESOLUTION NO. 666 -2016, ESTABLISHING A PUBLIC INFORMATION CAMPAIGN ON THE DANGERS OF CONVERSION THERAPY
- Harrisburg officially condemns conversion therapy for minors
- Resolution File No. 18-19/057 (pages 23-26)
- Human Services Board supports regulation, prohibiting conversion therapy
- Shorewood might ban gay conversion therapy, following the lead of dozens of other cities