List of states and territories of India by area
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of states of India by area)
Source:Area of states
The area of Andaman and Nicobar islands of 8073 km² and Lakshadweep islands of 32 km² are not added in this list. The area figures of states and union territories do not add up to area of India because:
- States and union territories of India
- List of states and union territories of India by population
- List of political and geographic subdivisions by total area
- The shortfall of 7 km2 (2.7 sq mi) area of Madhya Pradesh and 3 km2 (1.2 sq mi) area of Chhattisgarh is yet to be resolved by the Survey of India
- Actual area of Jammu and Kashmir under administration of J&K government is 101,387 km2 (39,146 sq mi). Though Siachen Glacier is also under India control, it is not in jurisdiction of J&K government, as it is not a habitable place for civilians
- Disputed area of 13 km2 (5.0 sq mi) between Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh is included in neither.
- "Indian states and territories census" (PDF). Govt. of Bihar. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Area of Indian states" (PDF). Gov.t of Andhra Pradesh. p. 598.
- "Official site of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, India". Retrieved 20 July 2013.