List of tallest statues
This list of the tallest statues in the world includes statues that are least 30 meters tall, which was the height of the Colossus of Rhodes. The height values in this list exclude the height of any pedestal, plinth, or other base platform. This list is sorted by height of the statue by default, but can also be sorted by other criteria, such as date completed or statue name.
As of 2016, the main table includes 128 statues of height 30 m (98 ft) or taller. The countries with three or more entries in the list are,
|Laykyun Setkyar||Buddha (Gautama)||Khatakan Taung, near Monywa, Sagaing Division||Myanmar||115.8 metres (380 ft)||Stands on a 13.41 m (44 ft) lotus throne. 129.2 m (424 ft) total monument height. Tallest statue in the World.||2008|
|Spring Temple Buddha||Vairocana Buddha||Lushan, Henan||China||108.45 metres (355.8 ft)||Stands on a 19.29 m (63 ft) lotus throne. Placed on a 25 m (82 ft) pedestal/building. 153 m (502 ft) total monument height. 2nd tallest statue in the World.||2002|
|Ushiku Daibutsu||Buddha (Amitābha)||Ushiku, Ibaraki Prefecture||Japan||100 metres (330 ft)||Stands on a 10 m (33 ft) lotus throne and 10 m (33 ft) pedestal/building. 120 m (394 ft) total monument height.||1993|
|Emperors Yan and Huang||Yan and Huang, Emperors of China||Zhengzhou, Henan||China||106 metres (348 ft)||||2007|
|Sendai Daikannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture||Japan||100 metres (330 ft)||1991|
|Qianshou Qianyan Guanyin of Weishan||Guanyin||Weishan, Changsha, Hunan province||China||99 metres (325 ft)||Gilded bronze statue||2009|
|Great Buddha of Thailand||Buddha (Gautama)||Ang Thong||Thailand||92 metres (302 ft)||2008|
|Dai Kannon of Kita no Miyako park||Kannon (Guanyin) – Byakue Kannon||Ashibetsu, Hokkaidō||Japan||88 metres (289 ft)||||1989|
|Grand Buddha at Ling Shan||Buddha (Amitābha)||Wuxi, Jiangsu Province||China||88 metres (289 ft)||||1996|
|Rodina-Mat' Zovyot! (The Motherland Calls)||Woman representing the Motherland||Mamayev Kurgan; Volgograd||Russia||85 metres (279 ft)||Tallest statue in Russia and Europe. The tallest freestanding non-religious statue in the world.||1967|
|Awaji Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Awaji Island, Hyōgo Prefecture||Japan||80 metres (260 ft)||Stands on a 20 m (66 ft) pedestal/building, 100 m (330 ft) total height||1982|
|Guan Yin of the South Sea of Sanya||Guanyin||Sanya, Hainan||China||78 metres (256 ft)||Includes the 130 m (427 ft) pedestal/building.||2005|
|Jiuhuashan Dizang Pusa Lutian Datongxiang||Ksitigarbha||Qingyang County||China||76 metres (249 ft)||Standing 155 m in total height||2012|
|Guanyin statue in Tsz Shan Monastery||Guanyin||Hong Kong||Hong Kong (China)||76 metres (249 ft)||2012|
|Kaga Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Kaga, Ishikawa Prefecture||Japan||73 metres (240 ft)||1987|
|Confucius of Mount Ni||Confucius||Nishan (Mount Ni), Qufu, Shandong||China||72 metres (236 ft)||Statue of Confucius, philosopher and writer, founder of the system of thought and religion later known as Confucianism. Mount Ni, where the statue is located, is, according to mythology, the place where Confucius was born and forsaken for a period by his mother, to be taken care of by a tiger and an eagle.||2016|
|Leshan Giant Buddha||Buddha (Maitreya)||Leshan||China||71 metres (233 ft)||Construction started in 713. With two more than 16 m (52 ft) carving statues of Lokapala||803|
|Son Tra Guanyin||Guanyin||Da Nang, Vietnam||Vietnam||70 metres (230 ft)||||2010|
|Rodina-mat', Kiev||Mother of the Fatherland (Soviet Union)||Kiev||Ukraine||62 metres (203 ft)||Stands on a 40 m (130 ft) pedestal, 102 m (335 ft) total monument height||1981|
|Guze Jibo Daikannon of the Narita-san temple||Kannon (Guanyin) – Jibo Kannon||Kurume, Fukuoka prefecture||Japan||62 metres (203 ft)||||1983|
|Guanyin of Mount Xiqiao||Guanyin||Nanhai district, Foshan, Guangdong||China||62 metres (203 ft)||Stands on a 15 m (49 ft) pedestal, 77 m (253 ft) total height||1998|
|Guan Yu of Yuncheng||Guandi (war god)||Yuncheng, Shanxi||China||61 metres (200 ft)||Stands on a 19 m pedestal, 80 m (260 ft) total height||2010|
|Lashaosi Dafo||Buddha (Gautama)||Wushan County, Gansu||China||60 metres (200 ft)||Thin carving on mountain||559|
|Luangpho Yai||Buddha (Gautama)||Roi Et, Thailand||Thailand||59.2 metres (194 ft)||Stands on an 8.65 m (28.4 ft) base with small museum, 67.85 m (222.6 ft) total height|
|Chìshānshén (赤山神 "God of the Red Mountain")||Chishanshen or Chìshān Míngshén (赤山明神 "Luminous God of the Red Mountain"), local variation of the Hǎishén (海神 "Sea God")||Chishan (Red Mount), Rongcheng, Weihai, Shandong||China||58.8 metres (193 ft)||Bronze statue of Chishanshen, a localised manifestation of the Haishen (Sea God) in coastal Shandong. The statue, dominating over Rongcheng, is part of a temple complex known as the "Daming Holy Land" and faces the Yellow Sea.||2010s|
|Guandi of Jingzhou||Guandi (war god)||Jingzhou, Hubei||China||58 metres (190 ft)||Central focus of a temple complex, the statue is designed by the nationally renowned artist Han Meilin.||2016|
|Great Standing Maitreya Buddha||Buddha (Maitreya)||Emei Township, Hsinchu County||Taiwan||57.6 metres (189 ft)||72 m (236 ft) total height||2011|
|Zheng Chenggong Dashenxiang||Koxinga||Chiayi County||Taiwan||52.4 metres (172 ft)||With statues of 49 m (160 ft) (include seat) of two generals completed on 2013||1995|
|Aizu Jibo Dai-Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin) – Jibo Kannon||Aizuwakamatsu, Fukushima||Japan||57 metres (187 ft)||1987|
|Tokyo Wan Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Futtsu, Chiba||Japan||56 metres (184 ft)||Commemorates the World War II dead||1961|
|Usami Dai-Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Izu Peninsula, Itō, Shizuoka||Japan||50 metres (160 ft)||The largest sitting Kannon in Japan||1982|
|Sodoshima Dai-Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Shōdoshima, Shōzu District, Kagawa||Japan||50 metres (160 ft)||A tooth of the historical Buddha is said to be enshrined inside of it||1994|
|Taiwan Chengte Dafo||Buddha (Amitābha)||Puli, Nantou||Taiwan||50 metres (160 ft)||With 28 m statues of Guanyin and Mahasthamaprapta||2004|
|Guerrero Chimalli (Chimalli Warrior)||Chīmalli Warrior||Chimalhuacán, Mexico State||Mexico||50 metres (160 ft)||Stands upon a 10 m (33 ft) pedestal. Total monument height : 60 m (200 ft).||2014|
|Statuia Tineretului||Youth flame||Straja, Constanța||Romania||50 meters (160 ft)||1985||44.1145786
|African Renaissance Monument||People of Africa||Dakar||Senegal||49 metres (161 ft)||Tallest statue in Africa.||2010|
|Buddha in Kande Viharaya Temple, Aluthgama||Buddha (Gautama)||Aluthgama||Sri Lanka||48.8 metres (160 ft)||2007|
|Dai Kannon of Kamaishi||Kannon (Guanyin) – Gyoran Kannon||Kamaishi, Iwate||Japan||48.5 metres (159 ft)||Symbolizes maritime safety, 11 floors inside the buddha||1970|
|Donglin Dafo||Buddha (Amitābha)||Lushan District, Jiangxi||China||48 metres (157 ft)||With pedestal 64 m.||2011|
|Jinding Dafo||Buddha (Gautama)||Dunhua||China||48 metres (157 ft)||standing||2011|
|Ten Directions Samantabhadra Bodhisattva||Buddha (Samantabhadra)||Mount Emei, Sichuan province||China||48 metres (157 ft)||2005|
|Fo Guang Big Buddha at Fo Guang Shan Buddha Museum||Buddha (Gautama)||Kaohsiung||Taiwan||48 metres (157 ft)||Bronze, sits upon a 60 m (200 ft) pedestal. 108 m (354 ft) total height.||2011|
|Virgen de la Paz (Virgin of Peace)||Mary||Trujillo, Trujillo||Venezuela||46.7 metres (153 ft)||Work of the sculptor Manuel de la Fuente. Tallest sculpture of the Virgin Mary in the world.||1983|
|Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World)||Liberty, the Roman goddess||Liberty Island, New York||United States||46 metres (151 ft)||Stands upon a 47 m (154 ft) pedestal. 93 m (305 ft) total monument height.||1886|
|Nossa Senhora de Fátima||Our Lady of Fátima||Crato, Ceará||Brazil||45 metres (148 ft)||Tallest statue in Brazil.||2016|
|Jixiang Dafo||Buddha||Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture||China||45 metres (148 ft)||2008|
|Phra Puttamingmongkol Akenakkiri Buddha||Buddha (Gautama)||Phuket||Thailand||45 metres (148 ft)||||2008|
|Virgen del Socavón||Mary||Oruro||Bolivia||45 metres (148 ft)||2013|
|Tong Lam Lo Son Amitabha Buddha||Buddha (Amitābha)||Nha Trang, Vietnam||Vietnam||44 metres (144 ft)||||2012|
|Kailashnath Mahadev Statue||Shiva||Kathmandu||Nepal||43.5 metres (143 ft)||The Tallest Lord Shiva statue in the world.||2010|
|Lord Murugan Statue||Murugan||Batu Caves, Gombak||Malaysia||42.7 metres (140 ft)||Tallest statue in Malaysia. Second tallest statue of an Hindu deity and tallest Murugan statue in the world||2006|
|Mazu of Tianjin||Mazu (sea goddess)||Tianjin||China||42.3 metres (139 ft)||2012|
|Santa Rita de Cássia||Rita of Cascia||Santa Cruz, Rio Grande do Norte||Brazil||42 metres (138 ft)||Stands over a 6 m pedestal and wears an 8 m crown. 56 m (184 ft) total monument height.||2010|
|Grand Byakue Kannon||Kannon (Guanyin)||Takasaki, Gunma Prefecture||Japan||41.8 metres (137 ft)||||1936|
|Great Mazu of Chunan||Mazu (sea goddess)||Miaoli County||Taiwan||41.4 metres (136 ft)||1984 |
|Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Hanuman Swami||Hanuman||Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh||India||41 metres (135 ft)||World's tallest Hanuman. India's tallest statue.||2003|
|Xishan Dafo||Buddha (Amitābha)||Taiyuan, Shanxi||China||41 metres (135 ft)||576|
|Guanyin of Lianhuashan||Guanyin||Lianhuashan, Guangzhou, Guangdong||China||40.8 metres (134 ft)||While the statue was completed in 1994. The gold plating was refinished in 2000||1994|
|Thiruvalluvar Statue||Tamil poet and philosopher Thiruvalluvar||Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu||India||40.6 metres (133 ft)||The statue has a height of 95 feet (29 m) and stands upon a 38-foot (11.5 m) pedestal.||1999|
|Shichikama Shokannon||Kannon||Nishisonogi District, Nagasaki||Japan||40 metres (130 ft)||standing||1990|
|Shinran Shonin||Shinran||Kitakanbara District, Niigata||Japan||40 metres (130 ft)||standing||1990|
|José María Morelos statue||José María Morelos||Janitzio island, Michoacán||Mexico||40 metres (130 ft)||Made of pink stone||1934|
|Genghis Khan Equestrian Statue||Genghis Khan||Tsonjin Boldog, Tuv Province||Mongolia||40 metres (130 ft)||Tallest equestrian statue||2007|
|Standing Amitābha Buddha of Fo Guang Shan||Buddha (Amitābha)||Kaohsiung||Taiwan||40 metres (130 ft)||||1972|
|Atatürk Mask||Mustafa Kemal Atatürk||Buca in the Izmir Province||Turkey||40 metres (130 ft)||Work of the sculptor Harun Atalayman||2009|
|Tathagata Tsal||Buddha||Ravangla, Sikkim||India||39 metres (128 ft)||||2013|
|Big Buddha Statue of Wat Phothikyan Phut Thak Tham||Buddha (Amitābha)||Pasir Puteh, Kelantan||Malaysia||39 metres (128 ft)||The Theravada Buddhist abbot of the Twin Dragon Temple saw that buddha in a dream||2009|
|Hongguang Shan Giant Buddha||Buddha (Gautama)||Ürümqi, Xinjiang||China||38.8 metres (127 ft)||||2004|
|Nanshan Dafo||Buddha (Gautama)||Yantai||China||38.7 metres (127 ft)||sitting||2004|
|Daishaka||Buddha (Gautama)||Tamana, Kumamoto||Japan||38.5 metres (126 ft)||sitting||1979|
|Dhyana Buddha Statue||Buddha (Gautama)||Amaravathi, Andhra Pradesh||India||38 metres (125 ft)||2006|
|Laozi of Laojunshan Mountain||Laozi||Luanchuan County, Luoyang, Henan province||China||38 metres (125 ft)||Gilded bronze statue.||2010|
|Statue of Padmasambhava in Rewalsar||Guru Rinpoche||Rewalsar, Himachal Pradesh||India||37.5 metres (123 ft)||2012|
|Replica of the Statue of Liberty in front of the Havan store||Liberty||Barra Velha||Brazil||37 metres (121 ft)||Stands on top of a 20 m tall pedestal.||2011|
|Shiva of Murudeshwara||Shiva||Murudeshwara, district of Uttara Kannada, Karnataka||India||37 metres (121 ft)||The second tallest statue of Lord Shiva in the world. The tallest statue of Shiva in India.||2006|
|Rong Xian Buddha||Buddha (Maitreya)||Rong Xian, Sichuan province||China||37 metres (121 ft)||||Tang Dynasty|
|The Merlion of Sentosa||A merlion||Sentosa||Singapore||37 metres (121 ft)||1996|
|Christ the King||Jesus||Świebodzin||Poland||36 metres (118 ft)||It includes a 3 m tall metal crown. Stands on top of a 16 m stone bank. 52 m total monument height. The tallest Christ statue in the world. (2011)||2010|
|Da Guan Gong||Guan Yu||Hsinchu||Taiwan||36.6 metres (120 ft)||1975|
|Guanyin of Chongyuan Temple||Guanyin||Suzhou, Jiangsu province||China||36 metres (118 ft)||88-ton indoor statue made of gilded bronze.||2007|
|Statue of Padmasambhava in Namchi||Guru Rinpoche||Namchi, Sikkim||India||36 metres (118 ft)||2004|
|Saibaba||Repur||Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh||India||35.5 metres (116 ft)||Tallest statue of Saibaba in the world||2015|
|Alyosha monument||World War II USSR soldier||Murmansk||Russia||35.5 metres (116 ft)||Stands upon a 7 m pedestal.||1974|
|Lord Basava||Basava||Gadag, Karnataka||India||35.35 metres (116.0 ft)||Tallest statue of lord Basava in the world||2014|
|Shandan Dafo||Buddha (Gautama)||Shandan County||China||35 metres (115 ft)||sitting||Tang Dynasty|
|Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara of Tazawako||Avalokitesvara||Tazawako, Akita prefecture||Japan||35 metres (115 ft)||1939|
|Birth of the New Man||Christopher Columbus||Sevilla||Spain||35 metres (115 ft)||1995|
|Mogao Caves North Big Statue||Buddha (Maitreya)||Dunhuang, Gansu||China||35 metres (115 ft)||near 26 m South Big Statue sitting Maitreya built during Kaiyuan||694|
|Cristo de la Concordia||Jesus||Cochabamba||Bolivia||34.2 metres (112 ft)||Stands upon a 6.2 m pedestal.||1994|
|Pegasus and Dragon||Pegasus and Dragon||Hallandale Beach, Florida||United States||33.5 metres (110 ft)||Tallest, largest equine and European dragon statues, second tallest in the US||November 2014|
|Tian Tan Buddha||Buddha (Gautama)||Ngong Ping, Lantau Island||Hong Kong||33.2 metres (109 ft)||1993|
|Hungludi Tudigong Xiang||Tu Di Gong||New Taipei City||Taiwan||33.2 metres (109 ft)||about 2000s|
|Statue of Ahimsa||Adinath||Mangi-Tungi,100 km (62 mi) from Dhule||India||33 metres (108 ft)||World's tallest Jain idol(127 feet including pedestal) and also largest monolith statue in the world||February 2016|
|Adinath||Adinath||Palitana, Gujarat||India||33 metres (108 ft)||Tallest Svetambara Jain idol||2015|
|Sankat Mochan Dham||Hanuman||Karol Bagh, New Delhi||India||33 metres (108 ft)|
|Maoshan Laozi Shenxiang||Laozi||near Zhenjiang, Jiangsu province||China||33 metres (108 ft)||1998|
|Xuedoushan Maitreya Big Buddha||Buddha (Maitreya)||Fenghua||China||33 metres (108 ft)||sitting Budai||2008|
|Yishan Dafo||Buddha (Gautama)||Guanyun County||China||33 metres (108 ft)||sitting||2009|
|Guanshiyin Pusa Shengxiang in Guanyin Shan||Guanyin||Dongguang||China||33 metres (108 ft)||carving||2001|
|Notre-Dame du Sacré-Coeur (fr) (Our Lady of the Sacred Heart)||Mary||Le Mas-Rillier in Miribel, Ain||France||33 metres (108 ft)||Over a 20 m building/pedestal. 53 metres (174 ft) total height.||1941|
|Mangal Mahadev||Shiva||Ganga Talao lake||Mauritius||33 metres (108 ft)||2007|
|Sri Tallapaka Annamacharya||Annamacharya||Tallapaka, Andhra Pradesh||India||33 metres (108 ft)||Telugu poet and musician||2008|
|Hanuman Murti in Shahjahanpur||Hanumat Dham||Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh||India||32 metres (105 ft)||Standing||2013|
|Hanuman Murti in Shimla||Hanuman||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh||India||33 metres (108 ft)||Located at 8,500 feet (2,600 m)t) above sea level||2010|
|Basava statue at Basavakalyan, Bidar||Basava||Basavakalyan, Karnataka||India||33 metres (108 ft)||The 1st tallest Lord Basava Statue in the World||2012|
|Junkin Kaiun Hoju Daikanzeon Bosatsu||Kannon||Ichishi District, Mie||Japan||33 metres (108 ft)||standing||1982|
|Taniyama no Daikannon||Kannon||Kagoshima||Japan||33 metres (108 ft)||standing||2001|
|Golden Buddha (Maitreya) of Beopjusa||Buddha (Maitreya)||Naesongni-myeon, Chungcheongbuk-do province||South Korea||33 metres (108 ft)||1990|
|Hushanyan Dafo||Buddha (Maitreya)||Douliu||Taiwan||33 metres (108 ft)||sitting. not yet opened||1987|
|Mazu Statue||Mazu||Xinwu District, Taoyuan City||Taiwan||32.7 metres (107 ft)||2001|
|Mindroling Monastery Buddha statue||Buddha (Gautama)||Dehradun, Uttarakhand state||India||32.6 metres (107 ft)|
|Luang Pho To||Buddha (Maitreya)||Bangkok||Thailand||32.5 metres (107 ft)|
|Baxianshan Dafo||Buddha||Pingshan County, Sichuan||China||32 metres (105 ft)||standing||Ming Dynasty|
|Diskit Monastery Buddha statue||Buddha (Maitreya)||Diskit, Nubra Valley, Ladakh||India||32 metres (105 ft)||2010|
|Hanuman in Nandura||Hanuman||Maharashtra||India||32 metres (105 ft)|
|Statue of Mao in Juzizhou||Mao Zedong||Yuelu District, Changsha||China||32 metres (105 ft)||2009|
|Bhaisajyaguru of the Nihon-ji Temple||Buddha (Bhaisajyaguru)||Kyonan, Awa District, Chiba||Japan||31 metres (102 ft)||Largest pre-modern Japan sculpture||1790 (approximate date)|
|Sacred Heart of Jesus||Jesus||Roxas, Capiz||Philippines||31 metres (102 ft)||Mounted on a 9-Meter Pedestal with a Total height of 40m||2015|
|Mangal Mahadev||Lord Shiva||Gangtan,Sampla Beri Road Haryana||India||30.8 metres (101 ft)||Standing Statue||2012|
|Jalesveva Jayamahe||Navy Officer||Surabaya||Indonesia||30.6 metres (100 ft)||Standing 30 metres concrete building. Total height 60.6 m||1996|
|Shiva of the Har-ki-Pauri||Shiva||Haridwar, Uttarakhand||India||30.5 metres (100 ft)||The third tallest statue of Lord Shiva in the world. The second tallest statue of Shiva in India)|
|São Francisco de Canindé||Francis of Assisi||Canindé, Ceará||Brazil||30.5 metres (100 ft)||Tallest statue in the Brazilian state of Ceará. Tallest statue of Saint Francis in the world.||2005|
|Bronze Guan Yin of Kek Lok Si Temple||Guanyin||Air Itam, Penang island||Malaysia||30.2 metres (99 ft)||It's sheltered inside a 60.9m tall pavilion, the tallest in the world||1999|
|Abbirajupalem Hanuman Statue||Hanuman||Doddipatla, Andhra Pradesh||India||30 metres (98 ft)||Standing||2013|
|Christ Blessing (Patung Yesus Memberkati, Kristus Kase Berkat)||Jesus||Manado||Indonesia||30 metres (98 ft)||Stands on a 20 m pedestal.||2007|
|Obinzurusama||Pindola Bharadvaja||Yamaga, Kumamoto||Japan||30 metres (98 ft)||standing||1607|
|Cristo Resucitado (Christ Resurrected)||Jesus||Tlalnepantla de Baz, Mexico State||Mexico||30 metres (98 ft)||Stands on a 10 m tall pedestal. 40 m (130 ft) total height.|
|Virgen de El Panecillo (Virgin in The Panecillo)||Woman of the Apocalypse||Quito||Ecuador||30 metres (98 ft)||Stands on an 11 m pedestal. 41 m (135 ft) total||1976|
|Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer)||Jesus||Rio de Janeiro||Brazil||30 metres (98 ft)||Stands on a 9.5 m pedestal. 39.6 m (130 ft) total monument height||1931|
|Buddha statue in the Phra Buddha Bharameedharm Chamruslok Temple||Buddha||Kelantan||Malaysia||30 metres (98 ft)||sitting||1750 approx.|
|The Kelpies||Horses||Falkirk||United Kingdom||30 metres (98 ft)||2013|
|Juche Tower statues||Worker, peasant and intellectual||Pyongyang, North Korea||North Korea||30 metres (98 ft)||1982|
- Afghanistan, Great Buddha of Bamiyan; Vairocana Buddha; Bamiyan Province. 55 metres (180 ft). Completed in 554 and destroyed by the Taliban in 2001.
- Afghanistan, Minor Buddha of Bamiyan; Gautama Buddha; Bamiyan province. 37 m (121 ft). Completed in 507 and destroyed by the Taliban in 2001.
- Italy, Colossus of Nero (later renamed as Colossus Solis); Rome. 36 m (118 ft). Completed in 75 with unknown date of destruction.
- China, Gilded Statue of Mao Zedong sitting in a chair; Tongxu county, Henan. 36 m (118 ft). Dismantled before completion in early January 2016.
- France, The "Cosmoplanetary Messiah"; near Castellane, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence. 33 m (108 ft). Built without permit and completed in 1990; demolished by authorities in 2001.
- Greece, Colossus of Rhodes; Rhodes island, Dodecanese region. 30 m (98 ft). Completed in 280 BC and destroyed by earthquake in 226 BC.
- Japan, Biwako Great Buddha; Buddha Amitabha standing; Nagahama, Shiga 27 m completed in 1937 and broken in 1992.
- Mongolia, Statue of Avalokiteśvara Buddha; Ulan Bator. 26.5 m (87 ft). Completed in 1913 and destroyed in 1937. Rebuilt in 1996.
- Japan, Beppu Daibutsu; Buddha Amitabha sitting; Beppu, Ōita, Japan. 24 m. Completed in 1927 and broken in 1989.
- Japan, Hōkō-ji (Kyoto) Daibutsu; Buddha Vairocana sitting; Kyoto. 20 m. Completed in 1595 and destroyed by earthquake in 1596.
- United States, Statue of the Republic World's Columbian Exposition of 1893, Chicago, Illinois. 20 m (66 ft) Completed in 1893, destroyed in 1894.A one-third scale replica stands in Jackson Park, near the original site of the statue.
- United States, King of Kings Jesus Statue, Monroe, Ohio. 19 m (62 ft) Completed in 2004, destroyed in 2010 by lightning strike and fire.
- China, Dahui Temple Dafo; Guanyin; Beijing. 18 m. Completed in 1513 and destroyed during Japanese Occupation 1943–45.
- Czechoslovakia, Stalin's Monument in Prague. 15.5 m (51 ft), stood on some 15 m (49 ft) pedestal. Completed in 1955, destroyed in 1962.
- Greece, Statue of Artemis, Temple of Artemis, Ephesus. 15 m (49 ft). Completed in c. 550 BC and destroyed in 156 BC.
- Greece, Statue of Zeus at Olympia; Olympia, Peloponnese region. 12 m (39 ft). Completed in 432 BC and destroyed in 475 AD.
- Italy, Colossus of Constantine, c. 312–315 AD, originally in the Basilica of Maxentius, now in the courtyard of the Palazzo dei Conservatori, Capitoline Museums, Rome. The most famous of several colossal depictions of Roman emperor Constantine the Great. About 12 m (39 ft).
Planned / in progress
- India Statue of Shivaji; Mumbai, Maharashtra. 190 m (620 ft).
- India Statue of Unity (depicts Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel); Sadhu Bet riverbed, Gujarat. 182 m (597 ft).
- India 351 feet high Lord Shiva Statue at Ganesh Tekri Nathdwara, Rajasthan by Miraj Group
- US Crazy Horse Memorial (depicts Crazy Horse); Black Hills, South Dakota. 172 m (564 ft) when completed.
- Greece New Colossus of Rhodes; Rhodes. 150 m (490 ft).
- China Bodhisattva Manjusri statue;Jiangbei District, Chongqing. 108 m.
- China Padmasambhava statue; Ngawa Prefecture, Sichuan. 108 m.
- China Maitreya Buddha;Nanchong. 99 m carving.
- China Emperor Yao statue; Gaoyou. 99 m.
- Philippines Montemaria Statue (depicts Blessed Virgin Mary); Batangas City. 88 m (289 ft).
- China Lutian Ruyi Guanyin statue; Suzhou. 88 m.
- China Wufang Dafo (depicts Five Dhyani Buddhas), Qinhuangdao. 81 m carving.
- Indonesia Noah Statue; North Sumatra. 80 m (260 ft).
- Myanmar Laykyun Setkyar Sitting Buddha Statue; Monywa, Sagaing Division. 74 m (243 ft).
- China Yangshan Dafo (depicts Gautama); Urad Rear Banner, Inner Mongolia. 69 m.
- China Bodhidharma statue; Nanjing. 68 m.
- India Statue of Equality Sri Ramanuja; Statue 216 ft+ city – Hyderabad. 65.8 m (216 ft) In progress by Sri Vaisnava.
- Indonesia Garuda Wisnu Kencana (depicts Garuda); Vishnu; Bukit Peninsula, Bali. 146 m (479 ft) height with its wing span 64 m (210 ft) across.
- United Kingdom Waking the Dragon (bronze dragon on pedestal); Wrexham, Wales. 64 m (210 ft).
- India Shree Adhbhutnath Mahadev Shiva; Statue 201 ft+ city – Delhi. 61.26 m (201.0 ft) In progress by Indian Artist Murtikar Chandulal Verma.
- Taiwan Zheng Chenggong Dashenxiang riding horse statue at Chiayi County. 30.35 m (99.6 ft).
- Greece New Colossus of Rhodes (titan Helios); Helios, island of Rhodes. 60 m to 100 m
- Bhutan Buddha Dordenma (depicts Shakyamuni Buddha); Thimphu. 51 m (167 ft).
- China Jiangtaishan Dafo (planning depicts Maitreya Buddha sitting), Hangzhou. 50 m carving.
- United Kingdom The White Horse at Ebbsfleet; Kent, England. 50 m (160 ft)
- India Maitreya Project (depicts Maitreya); Bodh Gaya, Bihar. 45 m (148 ft).
- Croatia Jesus Christ statue, Marijan Hill, Split. 41 m (135 ft).
- Malaysia Goddess Mazu statue; Kudat, Borneo Island. 36 m (118 ft).
- India God Basaveshwara statue; Bishma Lake, Gadag, Karnataka, India. 33.8 m (111 ft).
- China Sanxiaoliangliang statue (depicts zh:三霄娘娘); Huoqiu. 33 m.
- Slovakia Statue of Christ the Redeemer, Prešov, Prešov District. 33 m (108 ft). The statue should start building in about 2012.
- Mauritius Statue of Durga Maa Bhavani at Ganga Talao lake shrine. 33 m (108 ft).
- India Stok buddha statue at village Stok, Leh district, Jammu and Kashmir. 32 m (105 ft).
- India Statue of Buddha (Lord Buddha ); Buddha, village Hatyal Tal. Basavkalyan Ditts. Bidar State Karnataka30 m (98 ft).
- Mongolia Statue of Maitreya Buddha; Dashi-Choling monastery, Ulan Bator. 24.5 m (80 ft). To be restored with the temple.
- Mongolia Statue of Buddha; city Erdenet, Mongolia. 17 m (56 ft) not including the temple. 22 m (72 ft) including the temple.
- List of statues
- List of tallest freestanding structures
- List of the tallest statues in the United States
- List of colossal sculpture in situ
- New Seven Wonders of the World
- Colossi of Memnon
- "Myanmar Travel : Myanmar News". myanmarplg.com.
- (Chinese) 中国佛山金佛-153米卢舍那佛 - 墨宝斋
- Usiku Daibutsu|| Usiku Jyoen | Archived October 12, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- (Chinese) 106 m High Statue of Emperors Yan and Huang Built
- (Chinese)  Archived November 6, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- 北の京芦別. Archived November 3, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Lingshan Great Buddha | English | Jschina.com.cn. Archived November 2, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "全国の大仏・大観音等一覧表". nifty.com.
- (Chinese) 南海海上观音―南山观音 Archived November 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- China unveils world's tallest Confucius statue
- "Khánh thành tượng Quan Thế Âm tại Đà Nẵng – 7/30/2010 – QĐND". baomoi.com.
- (Japanese) 大本山 成田山 久留米分院.
- "组图：山西运城建成世界最大关公塑像 高达61米". sohu.com.
- "尉迟迥与拉梢寺大佛". dha.ac.cn.
- Weihai Tourism - Chishan Mountain Scenic Spot
- kuaidu.com.cn: 中国最大的关公像在那
- "小鎮上的觀光勝地---開元殿". hinet.net.
- "嘉義縣溪口鄉公所-名勝古蹟". cyhg.gov.tw.
- 壹 - 正德慈善癌症中西醫院 - 痞客邦PIXNET
- (Spanish) Guerrero Chimalli | Chimalhuacán, Estado de México, edemx.com
- 东林大佛_庐山东林寺無限的智悲 Archived March 1, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- 峨眉山十方普贤菩萨修建纪事- 峨眉山草根人家青年旅舍峨眉山金顶“十方普贤”铜像诞生记_中国报告文学网
- National Park Service, US Department of the Interior. http://www.nps.gov/archive/stli/prod02.htm Archived 7 April 2010 at WebCite
- phuketbigbuddha.com Archived December 15, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- VnExpress. "Tượng Phật A Di Đà lớn nhất Việt Nam". Tin nhanh VnExpress.
- vietnamnet. "Vietnam's largest Amitabha Buddha statue". Talk Vietnam.
- "World's tallest Shiva statue unveiled in Nepal". News. The Economic Times. June 21, 2010. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- (Japanese) 大観音の森・関東、中部
- 竹南后厝龍鳳宮[dead link]
- 001太原市南郊區文物古跡狀況[dead link]
- (Chinese) 广州番禺区莲花山简介-易游商旅网-广东旅游
- "Genghis Khan Statue, Mongolia – Largest Equestrian Statue - Giant Statues". giganticstatues.com.
- http://www.fgs.org.tw/english/index/index.htm Archived September 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- E. Kaan Paker, Ambiyans Bilgi ve İletişim. "Defne Mühendislik Tasarım, Ürün Geliştirme ve İmalat San. Tic. Ltd. Şti.". defnemuhendislik.com.
- The Office of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama. "News - The Office of His Holiness The Dalai Lama". dalailama.com.
- (Chinese) 泰佛部落: 六月2009
- (Chinese) 
- (Chinese) People set up statue of Laozi, founder of Taoism
- "Loja de departamentos inaugura em SC réplica da Estátua da Liberdade" [Department store inaugurates in Santa Catarina a replic of Statue of Liberty] (in Portuguese). G1. 2011-06-17. Retrieved 2014-09-29.
- World's tallest Siva idol[dead link]
- "Rio wschodu". 2009-01-29. Archived from the original on 2010-11-07. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- "::新竹古奇峰::普天宮::". guchi.com.tw.
- "Yahoo奇摩". Yahoo奇摩. Archived from the original on November 13, 2013.
- "山丹坐佛". buddhistdoor.com.
- 唐宋时期敦煌社人修建莫高窟的活动 - 宝华寺
- 南山福德宮 - 烘爐地 - 廟方網站
- 70-crore plan for idol installation at Mangi-Tungi, The Times of India, 4 December 2015
- "વિશ્વમાં એકમાત્ર આદિનાથ દાદાની 108 ફૂટ ઊંચી પ્રતિમાની સાલગીરી". Divya Bhaskar (in Gujarati). 7 February 2016. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- 中国五方大佛、四大菩萨造像 Archived June 20, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Découvrez la Dombes et la statue monumentale Notre Dame du Sacré Choeur au Mas Rillier". free.fr.
- "雲林縣文化旅遊網全球資訊網-雲林之美-雲林之美-湖山岩大佛寺／佛教藝術園區". yunlin.gov.tw.
- "Corporation Tianhou Temple" Historical Marker, Xinwu: Taoyuan County Government, 2006. (Chinese) & (English)
- "中國評論新聞：揭秘橘子洲毛澤東雕塑為何長髮飄逸（組圖）". chinareviewnews.com.
- Haridwar Archived October 22, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archives". thestar.com.my.
- "The Sunday Times Plus Section". sundaytimes.lk.
- "China just destroyed this 120-foot-tall gold statue of Chairman Mao" January 8, 2016 washingtonpost.com
- "French guru crashes to earth", BBC News, 6 September 2001.
- World's Tallest Statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, Arabian sea, Mumbai, India;
- Official Blog site of Narendra Modi | Chief Minister Government of Gujarat | Statue of Unity Archived November 2, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Rhodes reconstruction project will be a colossal gamble for Greece – but it might well pay off
- "昌列寺最大一个功德项目正式公开，接受随喜_湖心亭看雪客_新浪博客". sina.com.cn.
- "四川南充雕刻世界第一大石窟立佛像 总高99米(图)". ifeng.com.
- "江苏高邮建99米尧帝青铜像 需铜2200吨内设电梯". sohu.com.
- Tulfo, Ramon (8 March 2014). "Another Montemaria shrine rising in Batangas City". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "苏州大观音禅寺如意观音塑造时出现明亮光球_湖心亭看雪客_新浪博客". sina.com.cn.
- "Security Check Required". facebook.com.
- "幕府山腰要建68米高达摩像 南京将复建幕府山五景". fjnet.com.
- "MAGISNYA PESONA PULAU DEWATA – BAGIAN 2". February 29, 2012.
- "〈中部〉鄭成功文化園區動土 萬人享素宴". libertytimes.com.tw.
- "將台山要建世界第一大佛". buddhistdoor.com.
- Maitreya Project Archived August 10, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Karnataka News : Process on to identify land for Gadag airport: Sriramulu The Hindu
- "Na Slovensku bude najvyššia socha Krista v Európe". Aktuálne.sk.
- "Projekt sochy Krista v Prešove je stále aktuálny". vyvlastnenie.sk.
- "Brett Cole Photography - Buddha statue under construction in Stok village near Leh, Ladakh, India photo". brettcolephotography.com.