List of statues of Stalin
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of known monuments dedicated to Joseph Stalin.
- A statue of Joseph Stalin stood in Tirana but was taken down in December 1990.
- A large statue of Stalin, along with one of Lenin, can be found behind the Art Museum in Tirana.
- From November 1950 until spring 1962, a huge Stalin statue was located in Yerevan. It was replaced in 1967 by Mother Armenia.
- In Olomouc.
- A massive granite statue of Stalin, the largest depiction of Stalin, stood in Letná Park, Prague from 1955 to 1962.
- A large statue of Stalin raising his right hand was in Riesa.
- A statue of Stalin stood in East Berlin's Stalinallee, 1951–61.
- Small bust in front of the Batumi Stalin Museum.
- A statue of Stalin stood at the town hall in Gori until it was taken down in June 2010.
- A Bust and a statue of Stalin was displayed in the Joseph Stalin Museum in Gori, but it was destroyed.
- A silver statue of Stalin still exists in Shovi.
- In Grutas Park.
- A statue of Stalin stands at Isimuss Club in Ulaanbaatar.
- A statue of Stalin stood at front of the National Library of Mongolia until 1991. It was replaced by a statue of Byambyn Rinchen.
- A Ustrzyki Dolne statue 1951–56. As the result of the 1951 Polish–Soviet territorial exchange Poland obtained Ustrzyki Dolne, where Stalin's statue existed. The statue was unpopular, dressed, decorated with sausages or a broom and finally removed in 1956.
- Kraków - with Vladimir Lenin, in Strzelecki Park, removed in 1957
- A statue of Stalin stood at the entrance of Parcul I. V. Stalin (now renamed Parcul Herăstrău) in Bucharest but was torn down in 1956 during the De-Stalinization in Romania.
- A statue was located in front of the Central Party Committee Building (today the Prefecture) in Brașov but was torn down in 1956 during the De-Stalinization in Romania.
- Many statues can be found at Fallen Monument Park, Moscow.
- Bust at his tomb in the Kremlin Wall Necropolis, Moscow.
- Bust in the Museum of the Great Patriotic War, Moscow.
- Statue of Stalin along with Franklin Roosevelt and Winston Churchill at the All-Russia Exhibition Center, Moscow.
- A large Stalin statue stood at the All-Russia Exhibition Center until 1948.
- A large statue of Stalin (created in 1952 by sculptor E.V. Vuchetich) stood in a southern suburb of Volgograd until 1961. A huge statue of Lenin, created by the same sculptor, was set up in the same spot and on the same base in 1972.
- A bust stands at the Memorial of Glory in Vladikavkaz.
- A bust stands at School No. 2 in Ardon, North Ossetia.
- There is bust of Stalin in the Communist Party's regional headquarters in Bryansk.
- A bust of Stalin is in Kizel.
- A statue in Nogir, North Ossetia–Alania.
- A statue of Stalin is in the yard of School No.2, Ardon, North Ossetia–Alania.
- A bust of Stalin in the village of Chokh, Dagestan.
- A bust of Stalin at a square in Derbent, Dagestan.
- A bust of Stalin was exhibited in front of the Communist Party of Ukraine's headquarters in Zaporizhya in 2010 but it was destroyed.
- Chiang Kai-shek statues
- Personality Cult
- Stalinist Architecture
- List of statues of Lenin
- List of places named after Stalin
- List of statues of Heydar Aliyev
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Statues of Joseph Stalin.|
- Thread, Red. "Red Thread - e-journal". www.red-thread.org.
- "Stalin statue taken down in his Georgian hometown". BBC News. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- "Photos of Republic of Georgia, silver statue of Stalin in the garden park of Shovi (Showshi) Kurort holiday resort". Hans Rossel. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "Stalin Statue at Isimuss Club, Ulaanbaatar". Flickr.com. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "National Library". Flickr.com. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- C. Amarcanaa and C. Mainbayar Concise Historical Album of the Mongolian Democratic Union. 2009. Illustration, p. 74
- "Josef Stalin Statue in the water". Flickr.com. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "Niezwykła historia pomnika Stalina w Ustrzykach", Nowiny 24 (in Polish).
- "Kraków, pomnik Stalina i Lenina w Parku Strzeleckim - Encyklopedia PWN - źródło wiarygodnej i rzetelnej wiedzy". encyklopedia.pwn.pl.
- "Bust of Joseph Stalin, Museum of the Great Patriotic War, Moscow by Watersling". Advisor.Travel. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "Северная Осетия: 129 день рождения И.В.Сталина в Северной Осетии". Kprf.ru. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "В Брянске торжественно открыт бюст Сталина". Regnum.ru. 2009-12-22. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- "Last Man Standing?". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "New Stalin statue fuels tension in Ukraine". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "D-Day Memorial Board to Relocate Stalin Sculpture". www.dailysignal.com.