List of tallest buildings in Argentina
The tallest buildings in Argentina are primarily residential and are almost all located in Buenos Aires, the Argentine capital city and a major metropolitan area within South America. Most of the buildings were completed after 2000, with some notable exceptions being the Kavanagh building, an Art Deco skyscraper completed in 1936, and the Alas Building, commissioned by President Juan Perón in 1950 and completed in the late 1950s.
On September 10, 2014, President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner also announced the awarding of a contract to construct a 335-metre-tall building, the "Polo Audiovisual", in Buenos Aires to serve as the headquarters of the biggest film-making studios in Latin America. The building was planned to be the tallest in Latin America, but as of 2016 the project remains in limbo.
List of the 40 tallest buildings in Argentina¹
- (¹) - updated as of February 2010
- (²) - Buildings in italics are currently under construction
- (³) - Height of buildings, not including antennas
- Epstein, Lee (2013-01-10). "Could Buenos Aires be a model for thinking about US cities?". NRDC.org. Natural Resources Defense Council. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "The Skyscraper Center: The Global Tall Building Database of the CTBUH: Argentina Buildings". Skyscrapercenter.com. Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Argentina to Construct Tallest Building in Latin America". telesurtv.net (Caracas, Venezuela: TeleSUR). 2014-09-10. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- Buildings in Argentina (Spanish)