List of tallest buildings in Macon, Georgia
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This list of tallest buildings in Macon, Georgia Ranks skyscrapers and other structures by height in the U.S. city of Macon, Georgia. Macon's Tallest building is the Fickling & Company Building, rising 211 feet. Next is the BB&T Building, at 203 feet. After it is St. Joseph's Catholic Church, standing 200 feet tall. The following buildings are in Downtown Macon.
This list does not include Radio towers.
|#||Name||Height in feet||Stories||Year completed||Notes||Picture|
|1||Fickling & Company Building||211||15||1969||Tallest building in Central Georgia|
|2||BB&T Building||203||12||1976||Tallest bank in Macon|
|3||St. Joseph's Catholic Church||200||4||June 16, 1892||Placed on the NRHP in 1971|
|4||Ramada Plaza||190||16||1969||Building is currently owned by Rupinder Sangha, a Toronto businessman. Prior to his ownership it has been owned by 6 different entities.|
|5||First Presbyterian Church||185||1||1858||Placed on the NRHP in 1972|
|6||Dempsey Addition||11||1970||This is an addition to the original 9- story building.|
|7||Vineville Christian Towers||169||15|
|8||Southern Trust Building||154||11||1941||Art Deco|
|9||St. Paul's Apartments||153||15|
|10||Walter F. George School of Law||137||3||1873|
|11||American Federal Building||125||10||1911|
|13||The Medical Center of Central Georgia||113||8||Second largest hospital in the state of Georgia after the Grady Memorial Hospital.|
|14||Georgia Federal Building||112||8|
This is the tallest building ever demolished in Macon.
|American National Bank Building||98 ft. (29 m.)||unknown||7|
This is a list of tallest structures (such as masts and chimneys) in Macon.
|Name||Height in feet||Year completed||Notes|
|Chimney of Robert W Scherer Power Plant||1001||1983/1985||Two chimneys|
|wired mast||623||Tallest mast in Macon.|
|mast (framework)||351||1970's||Tallest freestanding mast in Macon.|
This is a timeline of tallest buildings in Macon.
|#||Name||Height in feet||Stories||Years as tallest||Notes|
|1||First Presbyterian Church||185||1||1858- 1892||Listed on the NRHP in 1972.|
|2||St. Joseph's Catholic Church||200||4||1892- 1969||Placed on the NRHP in 1971.|
|3||Fickling & Company Building||211||15||1969- present||Tallest building in Central Georgia|
- "Elements of Urbanism: Macon, GA". Metro Jacksonville. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "BB&T Building - Macon, Georgia". Wikimapia.org. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "BB&T Bank Building, Macon". SkyscraperPage.com. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "Southern Trust Building, Macon | 124663". Emporis. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "McAfee Towers, Macon | 236168". Emporis. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "Dempsey Addition, Macon | 124664". Emporis. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "Ashley Towers Apartments, Macon | 124666". Emporis. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "First Presbyterian Church, Macon | 221430". Emporis. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "American National Bank Building, Macon | 228982". Emporis. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "Macon | Buildings". Emporis. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "Toronto Businessman Buys Vacant Downtown Macon Hotel Tower | Georgia Public Broadcasting". Gpb.org. 2014-02-26. Retrieved 2015-07-16.