List of target antigens in pemphigoid
Circulating auto-antibodies in the human body can target normal parts of the skin leading to disease. This is a list of antigens in the skin that may become targets of circulating auto-antibodies leading to the various types of pemphigoid.
|Pemphigoid variant||Antibody isotype||Antigen||Molecular weight (KDa)|
|Bullous pemphigoid||IgG, IgE||NC16A terminal of BPAG2
|Herpes gestationis||IgG1||NC16A terminal of BPAG2
|Cicatricial pemphigoid||C-terminal of BPAG2||180|
|Ocular cicatricial pemphigoid||Integrin beta-4 subunit||200|
|Antiepiligrin cicatricial pemphigoid[nb 1]||Laminin 5 (Epiligrin, Laminin 332)|
|Linear IgA bullous dermatosis||LAD1 portion of BPAG2
Collagen type VII
|Protein 105 pemphigoid||Protein in lower lamina lucida||105|
Of note, there are also several other diseases that are caused by auto-antibodies that target the same anatomic area of the skin which is termed the basement membrane zone. These diseases include:
|Disease||Antibody isotype||Antigen||Molecular weight (KDa)|
|Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita||Collagen type VII||290/145|
|Bullous lupus erythematosus||Collagen type VII||290/145|
|Lichen planus pemphigoides[nb 2]||BPAG2||180|
- The antiepiligrin variant of cicatricial pemphigoid is associated with gastric cancer.
- In this condition bullae develop on skin already affected by lesions of lichen planus as well as on areas of skin without lesions of lichen planus.
- List of target antigens in pemphigus
- List of immunofluorescence findings for autoimmune bullous conditions
- List of cutaneous conditions
- List of genes mutated in cutaneous conditions
- List of histologic stains that aid in diagnosis of cutaneous conditions