List of television stations in Pennsylvania (by channel number)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs to be updated. (November 2010)|
- Channel 2: KDKA-TV - (CBS) - Pittsburgh, CBS O&O station.
- Channel 3: KYW-TV - (CBS) - Philadelphia, CBS3, originally WPTZ and a former NBC affiliate, now a CBS O&O station.
- Channel 3: WPSU-TV - (PBS) - Clearfield
- Channel 4: WTAE-TV - (ABC) - Pittsburgh, owned by Hearst-Argyle Television.
- Channel 6: WJAC-TV - (NBC) - Johnstown/Altoona, owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group.
- Channel 6: WPVI-TV - (ABC) - Philadelphia, 6ABC (W Philadelphia, Roman numeral for six is VI), ABC O&O station.
- Channel 7: W07CB-LP - (independent) - Philadelphia, low-power, initially a Channel America affiliate
- Channel 8: WGAL - (NBC) - Lancaster, owned by Hearst Television Inc.
- Channel 8: WWCP-TV - (FOX) - Johnstown/Altoona, operates WATM-TV.
- Channel 10: WCAU - (NBC) - Philadelphia, NBC10, was originally a CBS affiliate, later a CBS O&O station, but CBS sold it to NBC to make room for KYW. Now an NBC O&O station.
- Channel 10: WTAJ-TV - (CBS) - Johnstown/Altoona
- Channel 11: WPXI - (NBC) - Pittsburgh (W Pittsburgh XI for Roman numeral of 11), WIIC-TV until 1981.
- Channel 12: WHYY-TV - (PBS) - Philadelphia
- Channel 12: WICU-TV - (NBC) - Erie
- Channel 13: WQED - (PBS) - Pittsburgh Flagship PBS station, was first public TV station when it went on the air in 1954. Longtime home to "Mister Roger's Neighborhood." Also owns & operates WQEX-TV.
- Channel 13: WSCP-LP / Pennsylvania Channel 13 - (IND) - Bellefonte/State College
- Channel 15: WXBU - (CW) - Lancaster, owned by radio giant Clear Channel.
- Channel 16: WNEP-TV - (ABC) - Scranton-Wilkes-Barre (W NE Pennsylvania)
- Channel 16: WINP-TV - (ION) - Pittsburgh, owned & operated by ION Networks.
- Channel 17: WPHL-TV - (My Network TV) - Philadelphia, phl17 (W Philadelphia), originally independent station, then a WB Network O&O 'til 2006.
- Channel 19: WPCW - (CW) - Pittsburgh (Jeannette) The CW Pittsburgh, The CW O&O station. Was WNPA until April 2006.
- Channel 20: WHBG - (Ind) - Harrisburg.
- Channel 21: WHP-TV - (CBS) - Harrisburg (W Harrisburg, Pennsylvania), owned by radio giant Clear Channel.
- Channel 22: WPNT - (My Network TV) - Pittsburgh, MyPittsburghTV, was WCWB until April 2006.
- Channel 22: WYOU - (CBS) - Scranton-Wilkes-Barre
- Channel 23: WATM-TV - (ABC) - Johnstown/Altoona, operated by WWCP-TV under working agreement.
- Channel 24: WJET-TV - (ABC) - Erie Jet TV
- Channel 27: WIIC-LP - (independent) - Pittsburgh
- Channel 27: WHTM-TV - (ABC) - Harrisburg
- Channel 28: WBRE-TV - (NBC) - Scranton-Wilkes-Barre (Wilkes Barre)
- Channel 28: WFPA-CD - (TeleFutura) - Philadelphia
- Channel 29: WTXF-TV - (FOX) - Philadelphia, FOX Philadelphia, Fox O&O station.
- Channel 33: WITF-TV - (PBS) - Harrisburg
- Channel 35: WBYD-CA - (Shop at Home) - Pittsburgh
- Channel 35: WYLN-LP - (YouToo America) - Hazleton (We're Your Local Network.)
- Channel 35: WSEE-TV - (CBS) - Erie
- Channel 35: WYBE - (PBS) - Philadelphia
- Channel 38: WSWB - (the CW) - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (W Scranton-Wilkes-Barre.)
- Channel 39: WLVT-TV - (PBS) - Allentown
- Channel 40: WPCB-TV - (religious) - Pittsburgh, owned by Cornerstone Communications.
- Channel 43: WPMT - (FOX) - York
- Channel 44: WVIA-TV - (PBS) - Scranton-Wilkes-Barre
- Channel 47: WKBS-TV - (Cornerstone (religious)) - Altoona
- Channel 48: WGTW-TV - (TBN) - Burlington, New Jersey (Philadelphia)
- Channel 49: WGCB-TV - (religious) - Red Lion
- Channel 51: WTVE - (independent) - Reading (Philadelphia), Philly TV
- Channel 53: WQMY - (MY Network TV) - Williamsport, "your local sports channel"
- Channel 53: WPGH-TV - (FOX) - Pittsburgh, FOX 53 (W Pittsburgh), owned by Sinclair Broadcasting.
- Channel 54: WQLN - (PBS) - Erie
- Channel 56: WOLF-TV - (FOX) - Hazleton, FOX 56, sole call "wolf"
- Channel 57: WPSG - (CW) - Philadelphia, CW Philly, CW Network O&O station.
- Channel 59: WEPA-CD - (Independent) - Pittsburgh, has several satellite stations (wbgn.com)
- Channel 60: WBPH-TV - (Religious) - Bethlehem
- Channel 64: WQPX-TV - (ION Television) - Scranton-Wilkes-Barre
- Channel 66: WFXP - (FOX) - Erie, FOX 66
- Channel 69: WFMZ-TV - (Independent) - Allentown
Cable TV Stations
- PCN - "Pennsylvania Cable Network" is a nonprofit, nonpartisan cable television network responsive to the interests and needs of Pennsylvania and its people. PCN serves as the Commonwealth's version of C-SPAN, with unedited live and same-day coverage of Pennsylvania Senate and House floor proceedings, committee hearings, press conferences, speeches, and other public forums where the business of the state is debated, discussed and decided. State government coverage on PCN is shown without commentary or analysis, giving viewers the opportunity to judge for themselves the merit of pending bills and the ideas and opinions of state leaders. PCN also televises extensive coverage of significant state events, such as the Pennsylvania State Farm Show and high school sports championships. Additional network offerings include visits to museums and manufacturing facilities in the commonwealth ("PCN Tours"), interviews with authors of books about Pennsylvania ("PA Books"), and hour-long profiles of prominent state residents ("PCN Profiles"). PCN is funded by Pennsylvania cable television companies which voluntarily carry the service on their channel lineup. The network receives no state or federal funds.
- Comcast SportsNet - Cable sports network.
- Drexel University Television (DUTV): as close to public access as most Philadelphia cable services provide. Shares some programming with WYBE TV 35, the independent public station in Philadelphia
- The Comcast Network (Formerly CN8: The Comcast Network) - News network owned by Comcast.