List of terrorist incidents in 2018
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of terrorist incidents which took place in 2018, including attacks by violent non-state actors, split up by month. Note that terrorism related to drug wars and cartel violence is not included in these lists.
- List of terrorist incidents in January 2018
- List of terrorist incidents in February 2018
- List of terrorist incidents in March 2018
- List of terrorist incidents in April 2018
- List of terrorist incidents in May 2018
- List of terrorist incidents in June 2018
- List of terrorist incidents in July 2018
- List of terrorist incidents in August 2018
- List of terrorist incidents in September 2018
- List of terrorist incidents in October 2018
- List of terrorist incidents in November 2018
- List of terrorist incidents in December 2018
2018 terrorist incidents with 100+ deaths
|January 27||Suicide car bombing||103 (+1)||235||Kabul, Afghanistan||2018 Kabul ambulance bombing: At least 103 people were killed and 235 others injured when a Taliban suicide bomber exploded an ambulance laden with explosives near Sidarat Square in central Kabul where several government offices are located.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|July 13||Suicide bombing||149 (+1)||186||Mastung, Pakistan||13 July 2018 Pakistan bombings: At least 149 people, including the Balochistan Awami Party candidate Nawabzada Siraj Raisani, were killed and 186 others injured when a suicide bomber detonated his explosives in Mastung in the Pakistani province of Balochistan.||Islamic State||War in North-West Pakistan|
|July 25||Suicide bombings, shootings, hostage taking||258 (+63)||180||As-Suwayda Governorate, Syria||2018 As-Suwayda attacks: Islamic State militants carried out suicide bombings and gun attacks in the city of As-Suwayda and a number of villages in the southern Syrian governorate of As-Suwayda, killing 255 people, including 142 civilians, and injuring 180 others. At least 63 terrorists were also killed, including the suicide bombers. The jihadists also seized hostages from the villages they had attacked.||Islamic State||Syrian Civil War|
|November 18||Shooting||118||153||Borno State, Nigeria||Boko Haram fighters loyal to ISIS attacked a military base in the Nigerian town of Metele, killing at least 118 soldiers while at least 153 others were missing after the attack, the militants also seized tanks, armored vehicles, artillery, weapons, and ammunition.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
- "102 killed, almost 200 injured in suicide car bomb attack near Indian embassy in Afghanistan capital Kabul". 2018-01-27. Retrieved 2018-01-27.
- "At Least 103 Killed, 235 Wounded In Taliban Car Bombing In Kabul". NPR.org. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- "Mastung suicide blast martyrs 128, including BAP candidate Siraj Raisani". Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- "Death toll in Mastung suicide attack in Pakistan rises to 149". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-07-16.
- "More than 220 dead in IS attacks on southern Syria". Mail Online. Retrieved 2018-07-26.
- Editorial, Reuters. "Islamic State kills 215 in southwest Syria attacks: local official". U.S. Retrieved 2018-07-26.
- "People and residents of al-Suwaidaa reveal to SOHR details of the death coming from the east". The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. 27 July 2018. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Metele Boko Haram Attack: Soldiers' death toll rises to 118; over 150 missing". www.premiumtimesng.com. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
- "Militants kill around 100 Nigerian soldiers in attack on army base: sources". Reuters. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Boko Haram attacks leave 53 dead in pre-election show of force". www.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- "Many soldiers killed, dozens injured as insurgents invade base in Borno". www.dailytrust.com.ng. Retrieved 2018-11-20.