List of terrorist incidents in 2019
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of terrorist incidents which took place in 2019, including attacks by violent non-state actors, split up by month. Note that terrorism related to drug wars and cartel violence is not included in these lists.
- List of terrorist incidents in January 2019
- List of terrorist incidents in February 2019
- List of terrorist incidents in March 2019
- List of terrorist incidents in April 2019
- List of terrorist incidents in May 2019
- List of terrorist incidents in June 2019
- List of terrorist incidents in July 2019
- List of terrorist incidents in August 2019
- List of terrorist incidents in September 2019
- List of terrorist incidents in October 2019
- List of terrorist incidents in November 2019
- List of terrorist incidents in December 2019
2019 terrorist incidents with 100+ deaths
|January 21||Suicide car bombing, shooting||36–190 (+3)||58–70||Maidan Shar, Afghanistan||Maidan Shar attack: A defense ministry official stated 126 security personnel were killed and around 70 others were injured, when the Taliban attacked a military checkpoint in Maidan Shar. The assault begun when an attacker rammed a vehicle full of explosives in the compound, then two other attackers stormed the compound and opened gunfire, before being killed. A Taliban spokesman claimed responsibility and stated 190 personnel were killed. National Directorate of Security's reports however showed only 36 killed and 58 injured.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|February 10-11||Shooting||141||Unknown||Kajuru, Nigeria||2019 Kaduna State massacre: An attack on an Adara settlement named Ungwar Bardi by suspected Fulani gunmen killed 11. Reprisal attack by an Adara militia targeted settlements of the Fulani. The death toll rose to 141 a few days later with 11 Adara and 130 Fulani dying per the government. The governor spoke that the motive was to destroy specific communities. The attacks took place in Kajuru LGA of Kaduna State. Miyetti Allah was reported to have published a list of 131 dead, but later clarified that 66 Fulani were buried and 65 remain missing.||Fulani gunmen (suspected) and Adara militia||Communal conflicts in Nigeria|
Herder–farmer conflicts in Nigeria
|March 23||Shooting||160||70+||Bankass, Mali||March 2019 attacks against Fulani herders:160 Fulani Herders were killed in an attack launched on the village of Ogossagou and Welingara near the town of Bankass. The attackers were dressed as Dozo Hunters and the attack appeared to have been ethnically motivated.||Dozo Dogon militia||Northern Mali Conflict|
|April 21||Bombings||253||500+||Colombo, Negombo & Batticaloa, Sri Lanka||2019 Sri Lanka Easter bombings: A series of explosions were reported at three churches and three hotels in several cities in Sri Lanka, including the capital Colombo. At least 253 people, including dozens of foreign nationals, were killed and more than 500 were injured. The church bombings occurred during Easter mass in Negombo, Batticaloa and Colombo while the three hotels targeted were the Shangri-La, Cinnamon Grand and Kingsbury hotels in Colombo.||National Thowheeth Jama'ath possibly with the help of the Islamic State||Terrorism in Sri Lanka|
- "Taliban attack kills more than 100 security personnel in central Afghanistan: defense ministry source". Reuters. Retrieved 2019-01-21.
- "Taliban attack kills 126 security personnel in Afghanistan". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 2019-01-21.
- "As many as 100 Afghan security forces killed in Taliban attack". Al Jazeera. 22 January 2019. Retrieved 22 January 2019.
- Shah, Amir; Faiez, Rahim (2019-01-22). "Afghan security service suffers heavy toll in Taliban attack". AP NEWS. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- "Miyetti Allah releases names of 131 victims of Kajuru, Kaduna violence - Premium Times Nigeria".
- "'El- Rufai alleges plan to 'wipe out' some Kaduna communities". Premium Times. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- "'How 66 people were killed in Kaduna in two days'". Premium Times. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- Kajuru Killings: Miyetti Allah Says ‘Adara’ Militia Group’s At Work
- SPECIAL REPORT: After attacks, Kajuru villagers tell tales of pains, sorrow
- "Death Toll From Mali Attacks Climbs to 160, Government Says". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- "Malian leader vows security as massacre toll hits 160". Yahoo News. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- "At least 134 Fulani herders killed in central Mali's worst violence yet". Reuters. Retrieved 2019-03-23.
- "Sri Lanka toll revised down by 'about 100'". BBC News. 25 April 2019. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- Brits 'caught up' in Sri Lanka attacks as 207 reported dead
- "Sri Lanka explosions: More than 200 killed as churches and hotels targeted". BBC. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- "Blasts hit churches and hotels across Sri Lanka". bbc.com. BBC. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- "Multiple blasts hit Sri Lanka churches, hotels on Easter Sunday". aljazeera.com. Al Jazeera. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- "Sri Lanka blasts: hundreds injured in church and hotel explosions". The Guardian. 21 April 2019. Retrieved 20 April 2019.
- "The Latest: Sri Lanka: local militants carried out attacks - SFChronicle.com". www.sfchronicle.com. 22 April 2019. Retrieved 22 April 2019.