List of terrorist incidents in August 2017
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Types of incidents are selected from the Tactics of terrorism page.
- Casualties figures in this list are the total casualties of the incident including immediate casualties and later casualties (such as people who succumbed to their wounds long after the attacks occurred).
- Casualties listed are the victims. Perpetrator casualties are listed separately (e.g. x (+y) indicate that x victims and y perpetrators were killed/injured).
- Casualty totals may be underestimated or unavailable due to a lack of information. A figure with a plus (+) sign indicates that at least that many people have died (e.g. 10+ indicates that at least 10 people have died) – the actual toll could be considerably higher. A figure with a plus (+) sign may also indicate that over that number of people are victims.
- If casualty figures are 20 or more, they will be shown in bold. In addition, figures for casualties more than 50 will also be underlined.
- Incidents are limited to one per location per day. If multiple attacks occur in the same place on the same day, they will be merged into a single incident.
- In addition to the guidelines above, the table also includes the following categories:
- 0 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 1–19 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 20–49 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 50–99 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 100+ people were killed/injured by the incident.
Total incidents: 180
|1||Shooting||1 (+1)||0||Mosul, Iraq||A policeman was killed as a physically-challenged member and two women belonging to the Islamic State (IS) attacked a check point. One of the attackers was killed, and the two others were arrested.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|1||Suicide bombing, shooting||33 (+2)||66||Herat, Afghanistan||2017 Herat mosque attack: Two suicide bombers attacked a Shia mosque in Herat, killing at least 33 people and injuring more than 66. One of the bombers shot at worshipers with a rifle before detonating himself.||Islamic State||War in Afghanistan|
|1||Shooting||6||3||Helmand Province, Afghanistan||At least six policemen were killed in a Taliban attack on a check post in Nawa district of southern Helmand.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|1||Shooting||2||3 (+7)||Ayacucho District, Peru||A Peruvian soldier died and seven other rebels were wounded in an ambush in a clash between the army and remnants of Shining Path. In other incident in the same district at least one soldier was killed and other three were wounded.||Shining Path||Internal conflict in Peru|
|2||Shooting||1 (+1)||0||South Garo Hills district, India||Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militants shot dead one person accusing him of being a police informer at a remote village in South Garo Hills district.The incident occurred on Tuesday night and within 12 hours of the police raided a GNLA camp at Gareringdi village.||GNLA||Insurgency in Northeast India|
|2||Stabbing||0||1||Yavneh, Israel||2017 Yavneh attack: A 19-year-old Palestinian man from Yatta, stabbed a 40-year-old Israeli civilian in a supermarket in the city of Yavneh, Israel. Hid indictment stated that the assailant traveled to Saudi Arabia in order to perform an Umrah, as part of a strengthening of his Islamic belief, and that he set out to attack a Jew in order to fulfill the Islamic commandment of Jihad. The victim suffered serious injuries and was taken to Kaplan Hospital. The attacker was arrested by police.||Ismail Abu Aram||Israeli–Palestinian conflict|
|2||Suicide attack||7 (+1)||1||Kandahar, Afghanistan||A suicide bomber detonated his explosive charge against a convoy of vehicles of international military forces near the city of Kandahar.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|2||Shootings||3||5||Lamu County, Kenya||Al-Shabaab extremists attacked vehicles in Kenya's coastal county of Lamu. The attack killed three people and wounded five others.||Al-Shabaab||Spillover of the war in Somalia|
|3||Shooting||7||10||Adamawa State, Nigeria||Boko Haram insurgents attacked Miltho village in Madagali Local Council of Adamawa State, killing seven people. They also injured 10 villagers, before fleeing with carted food items.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|3||Shooting||1||0||Mandera County, Kenya||A police officer was killed and two vehicles were burnt down in an attack by Al-Shabaab militia in Lafey Town, Mandera County.||Al-Shabaab||Spillover of the War in Somalia|
|3||Bombing||3||1||Kabul, Afghanistan||At least three civilians including two children were killed in an IED explosion, detonated as a security official drove by in Kabul.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|3||Suicide attack||5 (+2)||Unknown||Shabwa, Yemen||A suicide car bombing took place at a checkpoint in Shabwa. The attack killed five soldiers and injured several others.||Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula||War in Yemen|
|3||Suicide bombing||4 (+1)||6||Kabul, Afghanistan||A suicide attacker struck a military convoy in Kabul. At least three civilians and a U.S. soldier were killed and 5 US soldiers and a civilian hurt.||Taliban (suspected)||War in Afghanistan|
|3||Ambush||1||0||Qayyarah, Iraq||An Iraqi officer was killed, while another went missing in an ambush set up by Islamic State militants, south of Nineveh province.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|3||Shooting||2||3||Esna, Egypt||A policeman and a civilian were killed and three people wounded in an attack on a patrol in Esna, south of Luxor.||The Hasm Movement (suspected)||Insurgency in Egypt|
|3||Shooting||1||0||Central Sulawesi, Indonesia||A farmer was killed after he was attacked by a terrorist in Parigi Moutong, Indonesia.||East Indonesia Mujahideen||Terrorism in Indonesia|
|3||Ambush||2||1||Shopian district, India||Two army men, including an officer, were killed while another soldier was injured after militants ambushed an army patrol party in Shopian district of south Kashmir.||Hizbul Mujahideen||Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir|
|3||Shooting||1||1||Al-Awamiyah, Saudi Arabia||A Saudi citizen was killed and another injured during an operation to secure families wishing to leave Awamiya, after an armed attack by terrorists on a bus.||Shia militants||2017 Qatif unrest|
|3||Stabbing, shooting||6||0||Rakhine State, Myanmar||Suspected insurgents killed at least six members of a Buddhist ethnic minority in western Myanmar.||Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (suspected)||Northern Rakhine State clashes|
|4||Ambush||3||1||Salahuddin, Iraq||IS members attacked a Peshmerga patrol in al-Touz region, east of Salahuddin province, killing an officer and two lower-ranking soldiers, and wounding a fourth officer.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|4||Bombing, shooting||3||1||Mogadishu, Somalia||A bomb blew up in the center of the Somali capital Mogadishu, killing 3.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|4||Bombing||0||7||Benghazi, Libya||At least seven people were injured in an attack on a mosque in the Libyan city of Benghazi.||Libya Revolutionaries Operations Room (suspected)||Libyan Civil War|
|4||Suicide bombings||0 (+3)||2||Maiduguri, Nigeria||Three suicide bombers detonated explosives at the Simari area of Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, killing themselves and wounding two members of the civilian joint task force.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|4||Stabbing||3||0||Lamu County, Kenya||Three fishermen was hacked to death in Lamu county by suspected Al-Shabaab militants.||Al-Shabaab||Spillover of the war in Somalia|
|4||Suicide bombing||3 (+1)||0||Mosul, Iraq||A suicide bomber killed three Iraqi army members as operations continue to clear Islamic State remnant militants in western Mosul.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|4||Shooting||2||0||Mogadishu, Somalia||The governor of central Galgaduud region and his brother were gunned down in Mogadishu’s Yaaqshid district.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|5||Bombing||0||0||Bloomington, Minnesota, United States||An explosive shattered windows and damaged a room of a mosque in Minnesota. The state's governor confirmed that this was a "criminal act of terrorism".||Unknown||Terrorism in the United States|
|5||Bombing||1||5||Baqubah, Iraq||An Iraqi army officer was killed and five soldiers were injured when an explosive device went off west of Baqubah, Diyala province.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|6||Suicide bombings||7 (+1)||0||Far North Region, Cameroon||A suicide bomber killed at least seven people in a small town in northern Cameroon near the Nigerian border.||Boko Haram (suspected)||Boko Haram insurgency|
|6||Shooting||2||1||Rajnandgaon district, India||A police sub-inspector was killed and a constable was seriously injured during a gun battle with the Maoists in Rajnandgoan district of Chhattisgarh.||CPI||Naxalite–Maoist insurgency|
|6||Attack||0 (+2)||3||Naguanagua Municipality, Venezuela||2017 Fort Paramacay Attack: At least two dissident military men were killed and three others were wounded in an attack in which the attackers were able to escape carrying a considerable amount of ammunition and weapons such as grenades and assault rifles.||Anti-Maduro militants||2017 Venezuelan constitutional crisis|
|6||Shooting||0||1||Caloto, Cauca, Colombia||A group of UN observers, former members of the FARC and police were attacked when and the National Police were victims of the attack while working in a remote area of the municipality of Caloto, in the Cauca Department.||ELN (suspected)||Colombian conflict|
|6||Assassination||1||0||El Rosario, Colombia||A social leader Nadio Divilia in village of Piera Grande in El Rosario by members of a paramilitary group who wanted to intimidate the community according to witnesses.||Gaitan Self-defenses of Colombia (suspected)||Colombian conflict|
|7||Shooting||31||0||Lake Chad, Nigeria||At least 31 fishermen were killed by Boko Haram jihadists in two separate attacks on islands in Lake Chad in northeastern Nigeria.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|7||Bombing||1||5||Babil, Iraq||Six paramilitary fighters were killed and wounded in a double bombing north of Babil governorate.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|7||Suicide bombing, shooting||68 (claimed by Islamic State)||0||Anbar, Iraq||IS staged a three-pronged attack that included a suicide bombing, followed by fighters storming the positions of an Iraqi Shiite militia near the Iraq-Syria border. Amaq News Agency claimed 68 militiamen were killed.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|7||Bombing||0||4||Dohuk Governorate, Iraq||A Turkish military convoy was struck by an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) near the town of Batifa in Duhok province in the Kurdistan Region. Two vehicles were damaged by the explosion and three Turkish soldiers were injured, as well as one interpreter - identified as Ibrahim Orayi - traveling with the convoy.||PKK (suspected)||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|8||Bombing, shooting||1||2||Baghdad, Iraq||A civilian was killed in an armed attack in the Iraqi capital Baghdad, while two others were wounded in an improvised explosive device (IED) explosion.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|8||Suicide car bombing, shooting||5 (+6)||20||Abyan, Yemen||Five soldiers and six suspected Al Qaeda attackers were killed and 20 soldiers wounded when a suicide bomber and gunmen tried to storm an army camp in southern Yemen.||Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (suspected)||War in Yemen|
|8||Shooting||2||1||Cairo, Egypt||A group of gunmen killed two police officers and wounded another in a village north of Cairo.||The Hasm Movement (suspected)||Insurgency in Egypt|
|9||Car attack||0||6 (+1)||Levallois-Perret, France||2017 Levallois-Perret attack: A car rammed into a group of dozen soldiers in Levallois-Perret, close to Paris. Six soldiers were injured, three seriously. The perpetrator fled the scene while the remaining soldiers started a chase. Later police shot, wounded and arrested a suspect at a highway near Boulogne-sur-Mer.||Hamou Benlatreche||Islamic terrorism in Europe|
|9||Shooting||4||0||Arish, Egypt||Four Egyptian policeman were killed when gunmen fired at a patrol car in the northern Sinai city of al-Arish.||Islamic State (suspected)||Sinai Insurgency|
|9||Shooting||3||1||Bagram, Afghanistan||Gunmen attacked Afghan women employees of Bagram Air Base in Bagram district of Kabul province, killing three and wounding another.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|9||Assassination||1||0||Bosaso, Somalia||Al-Shabaab gunmen shot and killed the deputy commander of Bosaso central police station.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|9||Suicide bombing, shooting||4 (+2)||4||Upper Dir District, Pakistan||An officer and three soldiers sacrificed their lives while foiling a devastating terrorist activity in Upper Dir. Local sources say four military men, among them a captain, were also wounded.||Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (suspected)||War in North-West Pakistan|
|10||Bombing||0||2||Buenos Aires, Argentina||A letter exploded when was opened by a receptionist at Indra Sistemas, the company that was in charge of the provisional counting of votes in the primary elections on 13 August. A woman and a man suffered injuries, mainly burns. Mariano Fresco, a sympathiser of Néstor Kirchner and Cristina Kirchner as well as critic of President Mauricio Macri, who was hired by a third person according to judicial investigation, was arrested along with his partner Verónica Altamirano.||Mariano Fresco, Verónica Altamirano, unknown third person (suspects)|
|10||Shooting||9||6||Anbar, Iraq||Nine personnel of the Shia-led paramilitary troops were killed, while six others were wounded in an armed attack in western Anbar.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|10||Shooting||2||3||Mosul, Iraq||Two civilians were killed and three others were wounded on Thursday when Islamic State gunmen shot at them in western Mosul.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|10||Bombing||1||7||Baghdad, Iraq||A civilian was killed and seven others were wounded in two separate explosions in Baghdad.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|10||Car Bombing||1||3||Mogadishu, Somalia||A car bomb exploded in the Somali capital Mogadishu, killing one person and injuring three others.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|10||Shooting||2||4||Catanduanes, Philippines||At least two policemen were killed and other four were wounded in an ambush staged by NPA rebels.||New People's Army||CPP–NPA–NDF rebellion|
|10||Bombing||1||0||Dhamar, Yemen||Abdel Razzaq al-Sarrari, who led the party in Al-Hada district, was killed in an improvised explosive device (IED) attack.||Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (suspected)||War in Yemen|
|11||Bombing||3||26||Bajaur Agency, Pakistan||August 2017 Bajour bombing: A roadside bomb killed at least three people and wounded 26 others in a Pakistani tribal district near the Afghan border.||Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (suspected)||War in North-West Pakistan|
|11||Suicide bombing||2||Unknown||Mogadishu, Somalia||At least two people were killed and several others injured in a suicide bomb attack at the central prison in Mogadishu, the Somali capital.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|12||Bombing||2||0||Sason, Turkey||Two Turkish soldiers were killed after a detonation by PKK in Batman Province's Sason district in Turkey.||PKK||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|12||Stabbing||0||1||Jerusalem, Israel||A 31-year-old man was stabbed and lightly wounded by a Palestinian terrorist in Jerusalem. Before the attack, the assailant tried to stab another man, but failed.||Palestinian nationalist||Israeli–Palestinian conflict|
|12||Bombing||4||9||Hamrin Mountains, Iraq||Four civilians were killed and nine others were wounded in a bomb blast, targeting families fleeing IS-held areas in Hawija in Hamrin Mountains, north of Salahuddin.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|12||Vehicular attack||1||19||Charlottesville, Virginia, United States||2017 Charlottesville attack: A car plowed into a group of people marching peacefully during protests in Charlottesville, Virginia. A person was killed and 19 were injured.||James Alex Fields (suspected)||Unite the Right Rally|
|12||Suicide bombing||15 (+1)||32||Quetta, Pakistan||August 2017 Quetta suicide bombing: A blast in the Pakistani city of Quetta in Balochistan province killed at least 15 people and injured 32 others.||Islamic State||War in North-West Pakistan|
|12||Shooting||1||0||Baghdad, Iraq||A civilian was killed in an armed attack, southeast of the capital, Baghdad.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|12||Assassination||1||0||Eastern Samar, Philippines||A former soldier, who worked as a tricycle driver upon his retirement, was killed by three armed men who identified themselves as communist rebels.||New People's Army||New People's Army rebellion|
|13||Car bombing||0||2||Baghdad, Iraq||At least two civilians have been injured in a car bomb explosion in Baghdad's Baldyat district.||Islamic State (suspected)||Iraqi Civil War|
|13||Shooting||0||3||Bandipora district, India||Two policemen and one soldier were injured after militants opened fire on them during a cordon and search operation (CASO) at Hajin in Bandipora district.||Lashkar-e-Taiba (suspected)||Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir|
|13||Suicide car bombing||1 (+3)||0||Karbala Governorate, Iraq||Three Islamic State militants driving a booby-trapped vehicle blew themselves up, killing one soldier at Maamal al-Isment (cement factory) on the road between Karbala and Anbar provinces.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|13||Car bombing||0||3||Kabul, Afghanistan||At least 3 people have been injured in a car bombing in Kabul.||Taliban (suspected)||War in Afghanistan|
|13||Stabbing||1 (+1)||0||Istanbul, Turkey||A man who was arrested after prepararing a suicide attack in Istanbul has stormed a police station and killed an officer in Istanbul.||Islamic State||Turkey–ISIL conflict|
|13||Ambush||4||0||Diyala, Iraq||Four police personnel were killed in an ambush set by Islamic State militants east of Diyala province.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|13||Shooting, arson||4||Unknown||Borno State, Nigeria||Boko Haram gunmen have killed four people and torched homes in a nighttime raid on a village in restive northeastern Nigeria.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|13||Shooting||2||0||Jere, Nigeria||Two tractor drivers were killed by Boko Haram insurgents in Jere Local Government Area of Borno.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|14||Shootings||19 (+3)||22||Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso||2017 Ouagadougou attack: 19 people were killed and 22 others were injured when suspected jihadists opened fire on a Turkish restaurant and Hotel in Ouagadougou. Three attackers were also killed.||Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (suspected)||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|14||Bombing||2||0||Şemdinli, Turkey||Two people were killed in a PKK attack in southeastern Turkey.||PKK||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|14||Shooting, bombing||2||1||Mosul, Iraq||Three civilians were killed and injured in different areas in Mosul city in three separate attacks.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|14||Shooting||1||0||Kirkuk, Iraq||A policeman was killed in an armed attack in north of Kirkuk province.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|14||Shooting||2 (+2)||1||Mopti Region, Mali||A peacekeeper from the UN Integrated Multidimensional Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA) and a member of the Malian armed forces were killedin an attack on MINUSMA camps in Douenza, Mopti Region.||Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|14||Bombing||12||4||Dhale, Yemen||A roadside bomb killed 12 civilians and wounded four in southern Yemen when a blast targeting a military car hit their vehicle instead.||Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (suspected)||War in Yemen|
|14||Bombing||0||4||Magam, India||Four security personnel were injured in a grenade attack by militants in central Kashmir's Budgam district.||Lashkar-e-Taiba (suspected)||Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir|
|14||Shooting||8 (+4)||7||Timbuktu, Mali||Gunmen attacked a United Nations peacekeeping base in the northern Mali city of Timbuktu, killing eight people, including a peacekeeper, five Malian security guards, a gendarme and civilian.||Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|14||Bombing||8||4||Harnai District, Pakistan||August 2017 Harnai bombing At least eight Pakistani soldiers were killed in a roadside bomb blast in Harnai district of Baluchistan. The Balochistan liberation Army claimed responsibility for the attack.||Balochistan Liberation Army (suspected)||Insurgency in Balochistan|
|14||Car bombing||1||1||Mogadishu, Somalia||A taxi driver was killed and a passenger injured when a bomb suspected to have been planted in the car exploded near the airport in Mogadishu.||Al-Shabaab (suspected)||War in Somalia|
|14||Bombing||0||7||San José del Guaviare, Colombia||A motorcycle exploded and wounded six policemen and a minor wounded by shrapnel.||FARC Dissidents||Colombian conflict|
|14||Shooting||3||2||Ghor Province, Afghanistan||Three Afghan aid workers employed by Catholic Relief Services have been gunned down and killed in central Afghanistan. Two CRS employees were also wounded.||Taliban (suspected)||War in Afghanistan|
|14||Roadside Bombing||0||3||Tame, Colombia||At least three soldiers were wounded in a bomb triggered by ELN in Tame.||ELN||Colombian conflict|
|15||Bombing||1||1||Baghdad, Iraq||A civilian died and another sustained injuries when an explosive device exploded in a district in southwestern Baghdad.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|15||Suicide bombing||4 (+1)||20||Kunduz, Afghanistan||At least four security force members were killed in a suicide car bombing in Chardara district of northern Kunduz province.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|15||Bombing||2||8||Chora District, Afghanistan||Two civilians have been killed and eight others injured in a bomb explosion in the Chora district of central Uruzgan province.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|15||Bombing||5||0||Diyala, Iraq||A whole family composed of five members were killed in a bomb blast, northeast of Diyala province.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|15||Shooting||1||0||Arish, Egypt||A policeman was killed in a gun attack in North Sinai's Arish.||Islamic State (suspected)||Sinai Insurgency|
|15||Ambush||5||1||Garissa, Kenya||Suspected Somali Islamist militants killed five police officers in an ambush in northeastern Kenya.||Al-Shabaab||Spillover of the war in Somalia|
|15||Shooting||1||1||Mosul, Iraq||Two Federal Police personnel were killed and injured in an armed attack in western Mosul.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|15||Assault,Shooting||1||5||Tibú, Colombia||An armed attack on a police patrol escorting a Tibú security vehicle in Norte de Santander left one uniformed man dead and five others wounded, including three and two members of a private security company.||ELN or EPL||Colombian conflict|
|15||Suicide bombing||27 (+1)||83||Konduga, Nigeria||A woman bomber blew herself up and killed 27 others at a market in the village of Konduga near Maiduguri.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|15||Bombing||0||3||Sukma district, India||Three Special Task Force personnel among a joint team of security forces returning from anti-Maoist operation were injured in a pipe-bomb blast triggered by Naxals.||Naxals||Naxalite–Maoist insurgency|
|16||Kidnapping||0||40||Bunia, Central African Republic||40 people were kidnapped by LRA rebels, according to the UN radio.||Lord's Resistance Army||Lord's Resistance Army insurgency|
|16||Car bombing||1||1||Diyala Governorate, Iraq||A civilian was killed, while another was wounded as an IED exploded east of Diyala province.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|16||Shooting||9 (+4)||Unknown||Saladin Governorate, Iraq||Several suicide attackers sneaked into security facilities in north of Biji, where clashes occurred against police personnel, leaving nine personnel and four attackers killed, while other policemen were injured.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|16||Shooting, hostage taking||1||0||Songkhla Province, Thailand||Suspected militants raided a car dealership in southern Thailand and turned two of the cars into bombs. A car dealership employee who was held hostage was shot dead by the suspects.||Barisan Revolusi Nasional (suspected)||South Thailand insurgency|
|16||Suicide car bombing||3 (+3)||3||Helmand Province, Afghanistan||Three civilians and as many Taliban insurgents have been killed as a result of a bomb explosion in the Greshk district of southern Helmand province.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|16||Shooting||7||12||Guatemala City, Guatemala||At least seven people (2 guards, 2 hospital workers and 3 civilians) were killed and other twelve injurid in a shooting near a hospital in the capital of Guatemala. The president Jimmy Morales called the incident "a terrorist attack".||MS-13||Terrorism in Guatemala|
|16||Sniper Attack||1||0||Teorama, Colombia||At least one soldier was killed by a sniper attack from the Popular Liberation Army guerrilla unit.||Popular Liberation Army||Colombian conflict|
|17||Assassination||1||0||Riosucio, Chocó, Colombia||A social leader claiming land, was killed Thursday in the Truandó Basin sector, municipality of Riosucio, department of Chocó (northwest), Colombia.||Autodefensas Gaitanistas de Colombia (suspected)||Colombian conflict|
|17||Executions||3||0||Al Anbar Governorate, Iraq||Islamic State militants executed three brothers in western Anbar for refusing to join the group.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|17-22||Vehicular attacks, Stabbings, Bombings, Attempted massive truck bombing||16 (+8)||152||Barcelona, Alcanar, Cambrils and Subirats, Catalonia, Spain||2017 Barcelona attacks: 15 civilians were killed and more than 130 others were injured when a van ran over pedestrians in La Rambla of Barcelona. Two of the attackers were arrested and another, who fled, stabbed to death a civilian then stole his car in Barcelona and also ran the car into three Catalan police officers in Avinguda Diagonal of Barcelona injuring one. A woman was killed and six others injured in Cambrils attack when a car tried to run into pedestrians and later attackers stabbed people with knives, axes and machetes. Sixteen people were injured in Alcanar bombings, that police believe were intended for a Barcelona attack. In the two bombings, two terrorists were also killed. The van driver was shot dead in Subirats, a village in the south of Barcelona by Mossos d'Esquadra, the Catalan police. According to the police, the terrorists were preparing much stronger attacks than 2004 Madrid bombings.||Islamic State||Islamic terrorism in Europe|
|17||Assassination||1||0||Arauca, Colombia||A FARC demobilized was killed in a rural area of the Colombian department of Arauca (northeast), on the border with Venezuela, according to social movements.||Paramilitaries (suspected)||Colombian conflict|
|18||Shooting||0||1 (+3)||Jammu and Kashmir, India||Bhim Singh and his convoy of twenty-two Indian army guards were ambushed by Al-Qaeda terrorists while travelling from Srinagar to Jammu. Bhim Singh received a minor injury from a bullet graze in the encounter, while his personal security officer Sudesh Singh shot and injured three terrorists forcing them to retreat into the mountainous terrain. Bhim Singh was accompanied by his son Ankit Love, founder of the One Love Party in the UK. Prior to the attack they had led a rally of the Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party in the Baramulla district, campaigning for the reunion of India and Pakistan and for deletion of Article 35A.||Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent||Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir|
|18||Executions||4||0||Lamu County, Kenya||Four people were beheaded by suspected al Shabaab militants in Maleli village, Lamu West.||Al-Shabaab||Spillover of the war in Somalia|
|18||Ambush||8||0||Kirkuk Governorate, Iraq||Islamic State militants killed a police officer and his family members after invading his home in northwestern Kirkuk.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|18||Bombing||0||4||Baghdad, Iraq||Four people were wounded on Friday when an explosive device went off in the southeast of Baghdad.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|18||Bombing||3||2||Djibo, Burkina Faso||A roadside bomb in northern Burkina Faso on Thursday killed three soldiers and wounded two.||Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (suspected)||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|18||Shooting||5||0||Mindanao, Philippines||Police Senior Superintendent Agustin Tello said five fighters from the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) died in their latest clash with the BIFF militants on Friday.||Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters||Moro conflict|
|18||Stabbing||2||8||Turku, Finland||2017 Turku stabbing: Two people were killed and eight others sustained injuries in a stabbing attack in central Turku.||Islamists||Islamic terrorism in Europe|
|18||Bombing||1||1||Şemdinli, Turkey||A village guard was killed and another injured when they stepped on an explosive device planted by PKK terrorists in Turkey's southeastern province of Hakkari.||PKK||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|18||Bombing||3||27||Bujumbura, Burundi||Grenade attacks on two bars killed at least three people and wounded 27 others in Bujumbura, the capital of Burundi, police and hospital sources said.||FNL||2015 Burundi unrest|
|19||Stabbing||0 (+1)||7||Surgut, Russia||Seven people were wounded in a knife attack in the Russian city of Surgut. The man, identified as Masa’ud al Surghuti, stabbed passers-by on the street at random, was shot dead by police. He pledged allegiance to ISIS in a video later released by the Russian branch of the organization.||Islamic State||Islamic terrorism in Europe|
|19||Car bombing, bombing||2||1||Baghdad, Iraq||A University professor and a soldier were killed, while another was wounded in two IED blasts in western Baghdad.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|19||Stabbing||0 (+1)||1||Tapuach Junction, West Bank||A border policeman was lightly wounded Saturday night, after being stabbed, near the Tapuah junction in the northern West Bank. The attacker, identified by the police as a 17-year-old resident of Tulkarm, was shot and killed by security forces.||Palestinian nationalist||Israeli–Palestinian conflict|
|19||Car bombing||2||0||Latakia, Syria||A car bomb killed two people in the Syrian coastal city of Latakia.||Tahrir al-Sham (suspected)||Syrian Civil War|
|19||Bombing||0||6||Guaviare, Colombia||At least six members of the anti-narcotics police were injured (two of them seriously) with an explosive device in rural Guaviare.||FARC Dissidents||Colombian conflict|
|19||Shelling||2||9||Kunar Province, Afghanistan||Two civilians were killed and nine others wounded in insurgent attacks in eastern Kunar province.||Taliban (suspected)||War in Afghanistan|
|19||Arson||0||0||Temuco, Chile||An incendiary attack affected 18 trucks belonging to the transport company Calafquén, located at kilometer 686 of Route 5 south of Temuco, region of La Araucanía. A pamphlet was found at the site which attributed the incident to the Mapuche group " Weichan Auka Mapu ".||Mapuche Militants||Mapuche conflict|
|20||Suicide car bombing||1 (+1)||1||Saladin Governorate, Iraq||A soldier was killed, while another was wounded as a booby-trapped vehicle exploded at a checkpoint in Salahuddin province.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|20||Rocket attack||6||10||Damascus, Syria||Rocket fire killed at least six people and injured ten more near the entrance to the Damascus International Fair, a key business gathering being held for the first time in five years.||Tahrir al-Sham (suspected)||Syrian Civil War|
|20||Bombing||1||4||Baghdad, Iraq||Five civilians were killed and injured as an IED exploded in western Baghdad.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|20||Ambush||2||3||Yobe State, Nigeria||Two persons were confirmed dead while three others seriously injured following an ambush by suspected Boko Haram terrorists along Damaturu, Biu road.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|20||Shooting||1||0||Shopian district, India||Lashkar-e-Taiba militants shot dead a person, owner of a local cable network in south Kashmir's Shopian district.||Lashkar-e-Taiba||Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir|
|20||Bombing, shooting||2||5||Sinai Peninsula, Egypt||Along with a killed soldier, five others were wounded when their armored vehicle struck a roadside bomb in the border town of Rafah. In Sinai's coastal city of el-Arish, a militant sniper killed a policeman on duty at a checkpoint.||Islamic State (suspected)||Sinai insurgency|
|21||Bombing||1||2||Baghdad, Iraq||A civilian was killed, while two soldiers were wounded in two IED blasts in northern Baghdad.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|21||Shooting||9||16||Maluso, Philippines||Nine people were killed, while 16 others were wounded after Abu Sayyaf bandits attacked a village in Basilan province.||Abu Sayyaf||Moro conflict|
|21||Roadside Bombing||0||9||Aguelhok, Mali||At least 9 UN peacekeepers have been wounded when their convoy was hit by a roadside bomb in northern Mali.||Northern Mali conflict|
|22||Bombing||0||7||Kabul, Afghanistan||At least seven people were wounded in Kabul city after four grenades were thrown at a police check post in Kot-e-Sangi.||Taliban (suspected)||War in Afghanistan|
|22||Suicide bombing||4 (+1)||0||Amchide, Cameroon||A child bomber killed four members of a local self-defense group in northern Cameroon.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|22||Assassination||1||0||Acayucan, Mexico||Mexican journalist Cándido Ríos, a correspondent for a regional newspaper in the state of Veracruz, was killed on Tuesday, a state official said, bringing to 10 the number of communicators killed in Mexico.||Popular Revolutionary Army (suspected)||Mexican Drug War|
|23||Suicide car bombing||7 (+1)||38||Lashkar Gah, Afghanistan||At least Seven people, including two women and one child were killed and 38 others wounded when a suicide attacker detonated a car bomb near a police headquarters in Lashkargah, the capital of southern Helmand province of Afghanistan.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|23||Executions||11||0||Jufra, Libya||Eleven people, including nine members of Libya's eastern forces, had their heads cut off in an attack by Islamic State militants in central Libya.||Islamic State||Libyan Civil War|
|23||Shooting||0||2||Baghdad, Iraq||Two soldiers were wounded as unknown gunmen attacked their patrol in the south of the capital Baghdad.||Islamic State (suspected)||Iraqi Civil War|
|23||Suicide bombing||4 (+2)||8||Maiduguri, Nigeria||A least four people died and eight others were injured when two terrorists attacked Maiduguri.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|23||Shooting, stabbing, arson||27||6||Borno State, Nigeria||Boko Haram extremists killed at least 27 people by shooting them and slitting their throats as they attacked several villages in northern Nigeria's Borno state.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|24||Bombing||1||3||Baghdad, Iraq||One civilian was killed and three others were wounded when a bomb blast hit an area in western Baghdad.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|24||Executions||8||0||Kirkuk Governorate, Iraq||Islamic State militants burned to death a family of eight, including an infant, for attempting to flee the group’s stronghold in southwestern Kirkuk.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|24||Stabbing||0||1||Warsaw, Poland||A police officer sustained moderate facial injuries, after he was stabbed by an Israeli jihadist at the Allah-Las Concert in Warsaw. The attacker was subdued and reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar", and may have been motivated by the nature of the concert's name. The incident followed an attempted attack in Rotterdam the day before at another venue that the band were playing at.||Islamic Movement in Israel (suspected)||Islamic terrorism in Europe|
|24||Shooting||1||1||West Azerbaijan Province, Iran||Kurdish-Iranian separatists carried out a successful military operation in Iran, killing a member of Islamic Republic Revolutionary Guards.||PDKI||Western Iran clashes|
|24||Roadside Bombing||4||1+||Kapisa province, Afghanistan||Two police personnel and as many civilians were killed in a roadside bombing in Nijrab district of central Kapisa province on Thursday.||Taliban (suspected)||War in Afghanistan|
|25||Shooting, suicide bombing, hostage taking||40 (+5)||90||Kabul, Afghanistan||A suicide bomber blew himself up in the entrance of a shiite mosque in the Afghani capital Kabul. Later three or four gunmen stormed the mosque to shoot indiscriminately against civilians and took several hostages.||Islamic State (claimed)||War in Afghanistan|
|25||Shooting, arson, kidnapping||15||8||Far North Region, Cameroon||Suspected Boko Haram militants sprayed a village in remote Cameroon with automatic fire, killing 15 people and kidnapping eight others in an overnight raid near the Nigerian border.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|25||Hostage taking, executions||99+||Unknown||Maungdaw District, Myanmar||Kha Maung Seik massacre: The villages in a cluster known as Kha Maung Seik in northern Maungdaw District of Rakhine State in Myanmar were attacked by armed insurgents. At least 99 Hindus were killed.||Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army||Northern Rakhine State clashes|
|25||Stabbing||0 (+1)||2||Brussels, Belgium||August 2017 Brussels attack: Two soldiers were lightly wounded after a machete-wielding man attacked them in Brussels. The perpetrator was shot dead at the scene, and the surrounding area was promptly evacuated.||Islamic State||Islamic terrorism in Europe|
|25||Vehicular attack, stabbing||0||3||London, United Kingdom||2017 Buckingham Palace incident: Three police officers arrested a 26-year-old man in possession of a 4-foot long samurai sword inside a car near Buckingham Palace. The man had stopped his car after driving it towards a police vehicle. The police officers were slightly injured whilst making the arrest.||Islamist (suspected)||Islamic terrorism in Europe|
|25||Bombing||1||4||Anbar, Iraq||A senior officer was killed and four soldiers were wounded in two separate blasts in Anbar.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|26||Shooting||8 (+2)||5||Pulwama district, India||Eight security personnel have been killed while five were injured in an encounter with militants in Pulwama's district police lines in Jammu and Kashmir. Two terrorists have also been killed in the encounter.||Jaish-e-Muhammad (claimed)||Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir|
|26||Bombing||1||5||Arar border crossing, Iraq||A senior officer was killed, while five others were wounded in an explosion that occurred near common borders with Saudi Arabia.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|26||Car bombing||1||0||Baghdad, Iraq||A bomb planted under a civilian’s vehicle exploded while the vehicle was at Shuhadaa al-Bayaa region in southwest of Baghdad. The citizen was killed immediately.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|26||Bombing||1||5||Kirkuk, Iraq||Six Kurdish Peshmerga were killed and wounded when an explosive device went off on the side of a road west of Kirkuk.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|26||Bombing||3||2||Farah Province, Afghanistan||At least two policemen and a civilian have been killed, and two other policemen received injuries in a roadside bomb explosion in western Farah province.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|26||Bombing||0||2||Donbass region, Ukraine||Two women were injured by an explosive device near a Ukrainian Armed Forces checkpoint north of government-controlled Berezove.||Donetsk People's Republic (suspected)||War in Donbass|
|26||Shooting||1||2||Timbuktu, Mali||Gunmen attacked a Malian Army checkpoint in the northern Mali city of Timbuktu, killing a soldier and wounding two more.||Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|27||Car bombing||6||12||Baghdad, Iraq||At least six civilians were killed in two car bomb attacks, and a bomb blast in different zones of Baghdad.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|27||Car bombing||0||2||Mogadishu, Somalia||The Somali security forces thwarted a car bomb attack that wounded at least 2 civilians at Maka Mukarama road, Mogadishu.||Al-Shabaab (suspected)||War in Somalia|
|27||Shooting||2||0||Nimruz Province, Afghanistan||Two police officers, including a district police chief, have been killed when their convoy was attacked by militants in western Nimroz province.||Taliban (suspected)||War in Afghanistan|
|27||Suicide bombing||13 (+1)||19||Helmand Province, Afghanistan||A suicide bomber reportedly detonated his explosives near a military vehicle in Nawa district of southern Helmand province killing at least 13 people and wounding 19.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|27||Bombing||1||0||Tal Afar, Iraq||An Iraqi cameraman was killed as an IED exploded while he was accompanying troops in their attacks against Islamic State militants in Tal Afar.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|28||Rocket attack||1||3||Daraa Governorate, Syria||Two citizens were killed and three women were injured in terrorist attacks by bullets and mortars shot by terrorist groups positioned in Daraa eastern countryside.||Tahrir al-Sham (suspected)||Syrian Civil War|
|28||Car bombing||16||38||Baghdad, Iraq||A car bomb went off near the busy Jamila wholesale market in Baghdad’s Shiite district of Sadr City killing 12 people and wounding at least 28 others. Additionally, an IED exploded at al-Yusufiya region, in south of Baghdad, which caused death of four persons and injury of eight others. Another two civilians were wounded in an IED blast that occurred in northern Baghdad.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|28||Stabbing||1 (+2)||1||Kaspiysk, Russia||Two Islamists attacked police officers with knives at the gas station in Kaspiysk. One policeman was killed, another was wounded. Both militants were shot dead.||Islamic State (claimed)||Insurgency in the North Caucasus|
|29||Assassination||1||0||Lice, Turkey||PKK militants reportedly stopped a car driven by a man identified as Ramazan Mula in the Saydamlı neighborhood. They later tied the man to a tree and shot him before setting the vehicle on fire.||PKK||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|29||Ambush||2||0||Ekeremor, Nigeria||A Nigerian soldier and a civilian were shot dead in an ambush carried out by suspected Niger Delta militants in Ekeremor.||Niger Delta Militants (suspected)||2016 Niger Delta conflict|
|29||Roadside bombing||3||0||Sirnak, Turkey||Three construction workers were killed in an attack by the PKK militantsin Turkey’s southeastern province of Şırnak, the Şırnak Governorship said in an official statement.||PKK||Kurdish–Turkish conflict (2015–present)|
|29||Arson||0||0||Los Ríos Province, Chile||At least 29 trucks were burned in the commune of San Jose de la Mariquina in the region of Los Ríos in Chile. In the place left a pamphlet where the group Weichan Auka Mapu claim responsibility for the attack.||Weichan Auka Mapu||Mapuche conflict|
|29||Suicide bombing||5 (+1)||9||Kabul, Afghanistan||A suicide bombing has killed at least five people in a busy commercial area in central Kabul, not far from the US Embassy.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|29||Bombing||2||7||Baghdad, Iraq||Two civilians were killed, while seven others were wounded as three blasts occurred at several regions in the capital Baghdad.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|30||Shooting, kidnapping||1||12||Dikwa, Nigeria||A person was killed, two others were injured and nine were kidnapped in coordinated attacks carried out by Boko Haram militants.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|30||Roadside bombing||3||3||Tal Afar, Iraq||Five Hashd al-Shaabi fighters were killed—and three more injured—by two roadside bombs that went off in Iraq’s recently-liberated Tal Afar district.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|30||Rocket attack||1||6||Hama Governorate, Syria||A child was killed and 6 citizens were injured as the terrorist groups fired rocket shells on Mhardeh city in the northern countryside of Hama province.||Tahrir al-Sham (suspected)||Syrian Civil War|
|30||Suicide bombing, attempted suicide bombing||2 (+2)||1||Jalalabad, Afghanistan||A suicide bomber detonated his explosives in front of the house of an Afghan MP in Jalalabad. The explosion killed two guards and injured another one. A second attacker was killed before he could detonate himself.||Islamic State||War in Afghanistan|
|31||Bombing||0||8||Izmir, Turkey||A heavy explosion next to a prison service in Izmir left several injured. Turkish Police suspect that PKK is behind the attack.||PKK (suspected)||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|31||Suicide bombing||2 (+1)||2||Tiaret, Algeria||A suicide bomber attacked a Police Station in Tiaret, killing at least two policemen.||Islamic State||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|31||Bombing||4||11||Baghdad, Iraq||A civilian was killed, seven others, including army personnel, were wounded in two blasts that north and southwest of Baghdad. Additionally, three members of Tribal Mobilization groups were killed, while four others were wounded when armed attackers hurled a hand grenade on their checkpoint in Abu Gharib, west of the capital.||Islamic State (suspected)||Iraqi Civil War|
|31||Car bombing||8||8||Nofaliya, Libya||A suicide bomber blew his car up at a checkpoint in the town of Nofaliya, 127 km east of Sirte, killing four LNA soldiers, and wounding eight more.||Islamic State||Libyan Civil War|
|31||Shooting||0||1||Shopian district, India||A police officer was injured after suspected militants fired upon him at Imamsahab area in Shopian.||Lashkar-e-Taiba (suspected)||Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir|
|31||Shooting||1||0||Djibasso, Burkina Faso||A person was killed in a terrorist attack carried out by militants in Djibasso.||Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (suspected)||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|31||Bombing||0||3||Arauca Department, Colombia||Three Marines were wounded with another missing after being attacked with a bomb activated by ELN.||ELN||Colombian conflict|
- Elwy Elmanzalawy (August 1, 2017). "IS physically-challenged member, two women kill policeman west of Mosul". Iraqi News. Iraqi news. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Father of robotics team member killed in Herat attack". Al Jazeera. August 1, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Afghanistan : trente-trois morts et près de soixante-dix blessés dans un attentat antichiite à Hérat". Le Monde (in French). Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Six Policemen Killed in Taliban Attack in Helmand". TOLOnews. August 1, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Una emboscada terrorista en el Vraem deja un efectivo fallecido". August 1, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Nuevo enfrentamiento en el Vraem dejó un muerto y tres heridos" [New Vraem clash left one dead and three wounded] (in Spanish). August 1, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "GNLA rebel killed in police encounter at Nangalbibra". The Shillong Times. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "Meghalaya: Garo National Liberation Army shoot dead 'police informer'". hindustantimes. 2017-08-02. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "Man critically hurt in terror stabbing in Yavneh". Times of Israel. August 2, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Grew closer to religion in Saudi Arabia and tried to murder in Israel: Indictment against Yavne Terrorist, YNET, Gilad Morag, 28 August 2017
- "Casualties Reported In Attack On Foreign Troops Convoy". TOLOnews. August 2, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Kenya official: 3 killed in suspected al-Shabab attack". Fox News. Associated Press. August 2, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Njadvara Musa; Emmanuel Ande; Ayodele Afolabi; Oluwaseun Akingboye (August 3, 2017). "Boko Haram strikes again, kills seven in Adamawa community".
- Cyrus Ombati (August 3, 2017). "Police killed, 2 vehicles burnt down after Al- Shabaab attack in Mandera". Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Three Civilians Killed in IED Explosion in Kabul". TOLOnews. August 3, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Yemen suicide car bomb kills 5 soldiers: residents, official". August 3, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Afghan convoy attack: Nato soldier killed in suicide blast". BBC News. August 4, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Nehal Mostafa (August 3, 2017). "Iraqi officer killed, another went missing in Islamic State ambush, south of Mosul". Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "2 killed, 3 wounded in Egypt attack near Luxor — MENA". August 4, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017 – via Reuters.
- Hanz Jimenez Salim (August 3, 2017). "Turun Gunung, Kelompok Santoso Tembak Mati Petani". Liputan6.com. SCTV. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Major Among 2 Soldiers Killed in Militant Ambush in Shopian". Kashmir Observer. August 3, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Saudi man killed, another wounded in Awamiya terrorist attack". Al Arabiya. August 4, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "At least six Buddhists killed as ethnic tensions rise in Rakhine". South China Morning Post. Reuters. August 4, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Mohamed Mostafa (August 4, 2017). "Four Peshmerga fighters killed and wounded in IS ambush in Salahuddin". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Somalie: une violente explosion se produit dans la capitale, plusieurs victims". Sputnik. August 4, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Al menos siete heridos por un ataque en el interior de una mezquita en Benghazi" [At least seven wounded by an attack inside a mosque in Benghazi] (in Spanish). August 4, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Three suicide bombers hit Maiduguri". August 4, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Samuel Karanja (August 4, 2017). "Fear in Lamu as al-Shabaab kill fishermen in fresh attack". Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Mohamed Mostafa (August 4, 2017). "Suicide bomber kills 3 Iraqi security members west of Mosul". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Hassan Istiila (August 4, 2017). "Gunmen kill governor, his brother in Somalia capital". AA. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Minnesota mosque bombing 'act of terror'". BBC News. August 7, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Mohamed Mostafa (August 5, 2017). "Officer killed, 5 wounded in Diyala bomb blast". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Suicide bomber kills seven in northern Cameroon". Reuters. August 6, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Pavan Dahat (August 6, 2017). "Maoists kill sub-inspector in Chhattisgarh gun battle". The Hindu. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "El ministro de Defensa colombiano ve al ELN como un probable atacante de una misión de la ONU" [The Colombian Defense Minister sees the ELN as a probable attacker on a UN mission]. Eldiario.es (in Spanish). August 8, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Colombian Campesino Leader Murdered, Paramilitaries Implicated". Telesur. 9 August 2017.
- "Boko Haram kills 31 fishermen in Borno, sends warning to troops in Baga". Vanguard. August 8, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Elwy Elmanzalawy (August 8, 2017). "Six paramilitary fighters killed, wounded in double bombing in Babil". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Chris Tomson (August 7, 2017). "Graphic pictures: ISIS carries out its deadliest raid, 68 Iraqi soldiers killed in one go". Al-Masdar News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "VIDEO: Three Turkish soldiers injured in IED blast in the Kurdistan Region". Kurdistan 24. August 7, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Elwy Elmanzalawy (August 8, 2017). "Civilian killed in armed attack, two others wounded in IED blast in Baghdad". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Four soldiers, six al Qaeda militants die in Yemen attack: official". Reuters. August 8, 2017. Retrieved August 19, 2017.
- "Cinq soldats tués au Yémen dans un attentat d'Al-Qaïda" [Five soldiers killed in Yemen in Al-Qaeda attack] (in French). August 8, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Report: Attack on Police Vehicle Kills Four in Northern Sinai". The Jerusalem Post. August 8, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Terror manhunt after BMW ploughs into French soldiers in Paris". SkyNews.com. Sky News. 9 August 2017. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Women Employees of Bagram Airbase Killed by Gunmen". Tolo TV. August 9, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Senior Police officer shot dead in Bosaso town". August 9, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Ahmadul Haq (August 9, 2017). "Four military men martyred in Upper Dir raid". The Express Tribune. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Puerto Madero: explotó un paquete bomba en la sede de Indra, la empresa encargada del escrutinio de las elecciones". 10 August 2017. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- "Quién es Mariano Fresco, el simpatizante kirchnerista detenido por la bomba en la sede de Indra". 14 September 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- Nehal Mostafa (August 10, 2017). "Fifteen paramilitary personnel killed, injured in IS attack, western Anbar". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Mohamed Mostafa (August 10, 2017). "IS kill, wound 5 civilians at Mosul bridge, IS month deaths declared". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Elwy Elmanzalawy (August 10, 2017). "One killed, seven wounded in separate IED explosions in Baghdad". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Car bomb blast in Somali capital kills 1". Azerbaijan Press Agency. August 11, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "2 cops killed, 4 hurt in Catanduanes NPA attacks". August 10, 2017.
- "Bomb attack kills politician in Yemen". AA. August 10, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Bomb kills three, wounds 26 in Pakistan". Gulf News. August 11, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "At least 2 killed in suicide bomb attack in Mogadishu". Xinhua. 2017-08-11. Retrieved 2017-08-20.
- "Two Turkish soldiers killed in PKK attack in Turkey's Batman". Hürriyet Daily News. Anadolu Agency. August 12, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Man Wounded in Jerusalem Stabbing Attack". The Jerusalem Post. August 12, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Loaa Adel (August 12, 2017). "Blast kills, wounds 13 civilians while fleeing IS near Salahuddin". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Sheryl Gay; Brian M. Rosenthal (August 12, 2017). "3 deaths linked to white nationalist rally in Virginia". The Boston Globe. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Charlottesville suspect held hate group shield before attack". New York Daily News. August 13, 2017. Archived from the original on August 13, 2017. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- "Deadly blast strikes Pakistan's Quetta". Al Jazeera. August 12, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Loaa Adel (August 12, 2017). "Armed attack kills civilian southeast of Baghdad". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "2 civilians injured in blast at Baldyat in Baghdad". August 13, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- M Saleem Pandit (August 13, 2017). "Terrorists fled injuring three security men in Bandipora". Times of India. TNN. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Mohamed Mostafa (August 13, 2017). "Soldier dies in car bombing west of Karbala". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Explosion in Kabul city leaves three wounded". Khaama Press. August 13, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Suspect fatally stabs Istanbul officer in police station". August 13, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Nehal Mostafa (August 13, 2017). "IS kills four police personnel, including officer, in ambush east of Diyala". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- AFP (August 13, 2017). "Boko Haram gunmen kill four in Nigeria village raid". Daily Mail. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- NAN (August 13, 2017). "Boko Haram insurgents kill 2 farm workers in Borno". The Guardian. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Thiam Ndiaga (August 14, 2017). "Suspected jihadists kill 18 in attack on Burkina Faso restaurant". Reuters. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Yilmaz Kazandioglu; Sirac Karadeniz (14 August 2017). "2 killed in PKK terror attack in SE Turkey". AA. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Nehal Mostafa (August 14, 2017). "Three persons, including policeman, killed, injured in Mosul". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Nehal Mostafa (August 14, 2017). "Policeman killed in armed attack northern Kirkuk". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Mali : un Casque bleu et un soldat malien tués lors d'une attaque dans la région de Mopti". August 14, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- AFP (14 August 2017). "Roadside bombing kills 12 civilians in south Yemen". Daily Mail. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Press Trust of India (14 August 2017). "4 security-men injured in Budgam grenade attack". Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Machine gun attack on U.N. Mali base in Timbuktu kills seven". Reuters. August 14, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Edith M. Lederer (2017-08-14). "Gunmen Attack UN Base in Mali, Killing 7 and Wounding 7". Associated Press. Retrieved 2017-08-20.
- "8 Pakistani Soldiers Killed in Baluchistan IED Blast". August 15, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Quince muertos por un atentado suicida en la provincia paquistaní de Baluchistán". Europa Press (in Spanish). Reuters. August 15, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Roadside bomb blast kills eight soldiers in southwest Pakistan". Reuters. August 15, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Liangyu, ed. (2017-08-14). "Taxi driver killed in car bomb explosion near airport in Mogadishu". Xinhua. Retrieved 2017-08-20.
- "Estalla motocicleta bomba frente a una patrulla de la policía en San José del Guaviare". 15 August 2017.
- "Three aid workers killed in Afghanistan: officials". August 14, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Tres militares heridos tras hostigamiento del Eln en Arauca". La FM (in Spanish). August 14, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Mohamed Mostafa (August 15, 2017). "Civilian killed, another wounded as bomb explodes southwest of Baghdad". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Suicide Bomber Targets Convoy Of Security Forces In Kunduz". TOLOnews. August 15, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "2 civilians dead in Uruzgan bomb explosion". August 15, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Nehal Mostafa (August 15, 2017). "Bomb blast kills five-member family, including children, northeastern Diyala". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Egyptian policeman killed in North Sinai gun attack". August 15, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Suspected Somali militants kill five Kenyan police officers: sources". August 15, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Nehal Mostafa (August 15, 2017). "Two police personnel killed, injured in armed attack, western Mosul". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Policía fue asesinado cuando escoltaba vehículo de valores, en Tibú". 15 August 2017. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Suicide bombers kill 27, wound 83 in northeast Nigeria". 15 August 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Cgarh: 3 STF personnel injured in blast triggered by naxals". 15 August 2017. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- "40 dead".
- Nehal Mostafa (August 16, 2017). "IED blast kills civilian, wounds another east of Diyala". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Nehal Mostafa (August 16, 2017). "Police personnel, suicide attackers killed in IS attack, northern Salahuddin". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Suspected Thai militants turn stolen cars into bombs: police". August 17, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017 – via Reuters.
- Zainullah Stanikzai (August 17, 2017). "Civilians among 6 killed in Helmand suicide bombing". Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Felipe Fernadez (August 16, 2017). "Un soldado muerto dejó ataque de reducto de la guerrilla del EPL en Colombia". PanAm post.
- Mohamed Mostafa (August 17, 2017). "Islamic State execute 3 west of Anbar for refusing recruitment". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 19, 2017.
- "Barcelona terror: Suspect 'stabbed man to death'". The Australian. 17 August 2017. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "13 morts i un centenar de ferits en l'atemptat a la Rambla de Barcelona". Ccma.cat. 17 August 2017. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Barcelona attack: 13 killed as van rams crowds in Las Ramblas". BBC News. 17 August 2017. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Asesinan en Colombia a otro desmovilizado de las FARC" (in Spanish). Spitnik. August 18, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Ankit Love and Prof. Bhim Attacked By Al-Qaeda Terrorists in Kashmir". 5 Dariya News. August 19, 2017. Retrieved August 29, 2017.
- Cheti Praxides (August 19, 2017). "4 killed, houses torched in Lamu midnight attack". The Star. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Mohamed Mostafa (August 18, 2017). "Islamic State kill police officer, 7 relatives in Kirkuk". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Mohamed Mostafa (August 18, 2017). "Four wounded in bomb blast southeast of Baghdad". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Roadside bomb kills 3 soldiers in northern Burkina Faso". Reuters. 18 August 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- CNN, Carol Jordan and Laura Goehler,. "Finland stabbings being treated as terror attack, police say". CNN. Retrieved 2017-12-26.
- "Bomb blast martyrs Turkish guard in southeast". 2017-08-18. Retrieved 2017-08-20.
- cite web|url=http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/08/killed-burundi-grenade-attacks-bars-170818140040303.html%7Caccess date=27 August 2017
- Joscelyn, Thomas (August 23, 2017). "Russian terrorist swore allegiance to Baghdadi before stabbing assault". Long War Journal. Retrieved September 3, 2017.
- "Surgut Attacker Reportedly Pledges Allegiance to IS in Suicide Video". themoscowtimes.com. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Russia knife attacker wounds seven in Surgut". BBC News. August 19, 2017. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Nehal Mostafa (August 19, 2017). "University professor, soldier killed in two western Baghdad bomb blasts". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Anna Ahronheim (August 19, 2017). "One Wounded, Assailant Shot Dead in West Bank Stabbing Attack". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Car bomb kills two in Latakia". August 20, 2017.
- "Atentado contra Policía Antinarcóticos en Guaviare". 19 August 2017.
- "2 girls dead, 9 wounded by Taliban-fired mortar shells".
- "Queman 18 camiones en nuevo ataque incendiario en La Araucania". August 19, 2017.
- "La Araucanía: desconocidos queman 18 camiones de la empresa Luchetti". August 19, 2017.
- Nehal Mostafa (August 20, 2017). "Soldier killed, another wounded by booby-trapped vehicle in Salahuddin". Iraqi News. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Deadly rocket fire hits near Damascus trade fair". August 20, 2017.
- "Six people killed in mortar attack at Damascus fair: monitor". Reuters. August 20, 2017.
- "Five civilians killed, injured in IED blast western Baghdad". August 20, 2017.
- "Boko Haram: Two killed along Damaturu road as five terrorists surrender in Borno". August 21, 2017.
- "LeT behind killing of J&K youth: police". August 21, 2017.
- "Egypt officials: Militants kill soldier, policeman in Sinai". August 21, 2017. Archived from the original on 2017-08-21.
- "Civilian killed, two army personnel in two northern Baghdad bomb blasts". August 21, 2017.
- "9 dead, several others wounded in Basilan attack". August 21, 2017.
- "Seven People Wounded In Kabul Grenade Attack". August 23, 2017.
- "Suicide Bomber Kills 4 in Northern Cameroon". August 22, 2017.
- "UN PERIODISTA ES ASESINADO EN VERACRUZ; EL DÉCIMO EN MÉXICO EN LO QUE VA DEL AÑO".
- "Suicide Attack Leaves 7 Dead, 38 Wounded in Helmand". August 23, 2017.
- "Islamic State beheads 11 in Libya". August 23, 2017.
- "Two soldiers injured in armed attack, south of Baghdad". August 23, 2017.
- "Four Dead, Eight Wounded As Two Terrorists Attack Maiduguri". August 23, 2017.
- "27 killed in Boko Haram attacks on Nigerian villages". trend.az. 27 August 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "One killed, 3 wounded in bomb blast west of Baghdad". August 24, 2017.
- "Islamic State burn 8, including infant, for escaping Hawija". August 24, 2017.
- "Israeli citizen stabs Warsaw police officer outside concert". The Jerusalem Post. 25 August 2017. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- "PDKI-Iran border clashes and the Kurdistan referendum". Rudaw. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Gunmen Storm Kabul Mosque; Over 20 Killed". tolonews.com. 25 August 2017. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "Suspected Boko Haram militants kill 15 in Cameroon". August 26, 2017.
- "Myanmar: New evidence reveals Rohingya armed group massacred scores in Rakhine State". www.amnesty.org. Retrieved 2018-05-29.
- Bullen, Jamie (2017-08-25). "Machete-wielding man shot dead after attacking soldiers on patrol in Brussels". mirror. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- Bird, Steve; Harley, Nicola; Harrison, Sian (2017-08-25). "Buckingham Palace knifeman had 4ft sword and shouted 'Allahu Akbar', police reveal". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2017-12-30.
- "Senior officer killed, 4 soldiers wounded in Anbar blasts". August 25, 2017.
- "Pulwama: 8 security personnel, 2 terrorists killed in attack". August 26, 2017.
- "Officer killed, five others wounded in bomb blast near Saudi borders". August 26, 2017.
- "Civilian killed in IED blast, southwest of Baghdad". August 26, 2017.
- "Six peshmerga troopers killed, wounded on western Kirkuk blast". August 26, 2017.
- "Two policemen, a civilian killed in Farah". Afghanistan Times. 2017-08-27. Retrieved 2017-08-27.
- "Two civilians injured in IED blast in Donbas - OSCE". August 26, 2017.
- "Three civilians killed, injured in bomb explosion southwest of Baghdad". August 27, 2017.
- "Somalia: Security Forces Foil Car Bomb Attack in Mogadishu". August 27, 2017.
- "A district police chief killed in western Afghanistan". August 27, 2017.
- "Death Toll In Helmand Suicide Bombing Rises To 13". August 27, 2017.
- "Iraqi cameraman killed in IED blast while accompanying troops in Tal Afar". August 27, 2017.
- SANA (2017-08-28). "2 citizens killed, 3 women injured in terrorist attacks in Sweida". Retrieved 2017-08-30.
- "12 dead after car bomb explodes in Baghdad market". Rudaw. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "Two civilians wounded in northern Baghdad IED blast". August 28, 2017.
- "Возбуждено дело по факту вооруженного нападения на полицейских в Дагестане". August 28, 2017.
- "Two civilians killed in PKK attack in Turkey"s southeast". Hürriyet Daily News. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- Military Reverses Denial of Attack, Confirms Death of Soldier And Civilian In Bayelsa Creeks By Militant
- "Two civilians killed in PKK attack in Turkey's southeast". Hürriyet Daily News. Retrieved 2018-02-02.
- "Suicide Bombing Near US Embassy In Kabul Kills 5". Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- "Two civilians killed, seven others wounded in three IED blasts in Baghdad". August 29, 2017.
- "Nigeria : neuf personnes enlevées par Boko Haram dans le nord-est". maliactu.net. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "5 Hashd fighters killed in Iraq's 'liberated' Tal Afar". Anadolu Agency. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "A child killed, 6 citizens injured in terrorist attack with rocket shells in northern Hama". August 29, 2017.
- Afghanistan, 1TV. "Two killed in IS attack on Afghan MP Zahir Qadir's residence in Jalalabad". www.1tvnewsaf. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Son dakika: İzmir'de cezaevi servisinin geçişi sırasında patlama, yaralılar var". Hurriyet Daily News. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Urgent- Attentat suicide contre la sûreté de la wilaya de Tiaret - ALG24". www.alg24.net. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Police officer shot at in Shopian, reffered(sic) to Srinagar hospital". www.kashmirmonitor.in. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Kossi: un douainer tué dans une attaque "terroriste"". September 1, 2017.
- "Un desaparecido y tres heridos deja ataque del ELN en Arauca" (in Spanish).